PDA

View Full Version : Who's your least favorite Transformer?

Ironwave
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
We all have favorite and least favorite Transformers whether they are Autobots or Decepticons. It could be from any continuity. Or if you don't like the character you can say all continuity

For me it's ;

All continuity Bulkhead, I was never into that character, he is simply bland a huge wrecking ball

UltraPrimal
02-04-2015, 09:44 PM
Pretty much anyone from the movies, with the exception of Lockdown. He's the one character the movies didn't totally fuck up. But if I had to choose, Skidz and Mudflap. They pretty much represent everything wrong with that franchise. They're like the JarJar of Transformers.

Protoman
02-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Not counting the Movies because that's too easy.

Beast Machines Nightstream.

But it's sad because he still is more interesting then most of the Movie bots

UltraPrimal
02-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Come on. Nightscream isn't that bad. Have you watched Energon recently. I haven't, but from what I remember, I'd take Nightscream over Ironhide any day.

Ironwave
02-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Not counting the Movies because that's too easy.

Beast Machines Nightstream.

But it's sad because he still is more interesting then most of the Movie bots

Beast Machines Nightstream, was interesting. It's unfortunate he didn't make an early appearance. Also, I liked the story arc between Nightscream and Noble

xueyue2
02-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Rodimus, because he replaced Optimus Prime.

Ironwave
02-04-2015, 10:29 PM
Rodimus, because he replaced Optimus Prime.

Dude, that was an 80's cartoon movie, his toy got discontinued lol

Buhawi
02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Hot Rod/Rodimus: got Prime killed. Even the Masterpiece version's so douchey it robbed a future Masterpiece toy feature. Kup's chopped off leg.

Any Beast Wars character except for combining ones.

xueyue2
02-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Dude, that was an 80's cartoon movie, his toy got discontinued lol

Dude, if not for the 80's TF cartoon, then what the hell we are talking about here? :doh:

Buhawi
02-04-2015, 11:21 PM
i heard the comics made Hot Rod/Rodimus even douchier.

Ironwave
02-04-2015, 11:35 PM
i heard the comics made Hot Rod/Rodimus even douchier.

Protoman is going to be mad lol

MULTIPLEX
02-04-2015, 11:41 PM
For me it's Shockwave and Hot Rod.

Pascal
02-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Optimus Prime. He's making me poorer by the minute!

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 12:07 AM

Why you keep buying his figures? lol

NeoMatter
02-05-2015, 12:50 AM
In the same boat with Hot Rod/Rodimus...

I never really followed the series after the 86 movie. I think because all my favourite characters got toasted and I wasn't too happy about that.

Pascal
02-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Why you keep buying his figures? lol

Love/hate relationship...

The 12th Prime
02-05-2015, 01:45 AM
My LEAST favourite Transformers were the 80's Mini bots, I HATED that they were so small compared to the rest of the Autobots, Huffer is a truck and a mini bot? Puh-lease. It drove me nuts, Ultra Powerglide, Voyager Seaspray, Deluxe Warpath, Bumblebee and any other "Mini Bot" bring it on I will buy it! Cubex Huff is my Classics Huffer :P I've waited 30 years to get that off my chest, lol!

They only two I can make an exception for is Cosmos because hey he's a flying saucer, we don't know how big aliens are besides TF's and Wheelie because he is not an earth based vehicle either and he's a child.

Ultra Mad
02-05-2015, 02:06 AM
Good question. No doubt for me: Hot Rod. I never forgave him for getting Prime killed in the 86 movie.

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 02:10 AM
30 years later, Hot Rod is still hated

ironclaugh
02-05-2015, 02:27 AM
Bumble Bee. I hate his toys... either with his entire-front-of-a-car feet or his giant entire-front-of-a-car chest.

He bothers me in the shows... all of the shows. Now he is the leader in RiD *grooooan*

And he warms all the shelves. Booooring ol' Bee

Badgertron
02-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Optimus Prime. I know I'll get flack for this, but Hasbro's (and, to a lesser extent, collector's) need to have Optimus be the focal point of nearly every series/toyline is making the brand a lot less interesting and diverse than I feel it could be. It just feels like it's artificially limiting the potential scope of the franchise.

Buhawi
02-05-2015, 10:38 AM
30 years later, Hot Rod is still hated

He does have a better colour combination than Prime. I love his colours.

However even his name is annoying. Hot Rod. then steals the matrix off Magnus then calls himself Rod... imus. How do you not not like him?

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 10:42 AM
He does have a better colour combination than Prime. I love his colours.

However even his name is annoying. Hot Rod. then steals the matrix off Magnus then calls himself Rod... imus. How do you not not like him?

He didn't steal it, Magnus wasn't the chosen one to begin with.

Buhawi
02-05-2015, 10:45 AM
What if Magnus was the one to first touch it?

The movie even emphasized on the the first one to hold it after the predecessor.

Not only did Hot Rod not give it back immediately to it's proper owner, he even raised it up as if he he was Link finding a treasure in a chest.

Imagine catching someone else' hat, not got giving it back then lifting it in the air as if you're claiming it was yours... LOL.

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 10:52 AM
What if Magnus was the one to first touch it?

The movie even emphasized on the the first one to hold it after the predecessor.

Not only did Hot Rod not give it back immediately to it's proper owner, he even raised it up as if he he was Link finding a treasure in a chest.

Of course we could have the reverse psychology on this whole "Chosen One". But in any case, many things could have happen....but ,we would never know if Magnus would have touched it first.

Buhawi
02-05-2015, 10:59 AM
The matrix is passed along from one bot to another. The episode where Rodimus goes inside the matrix explains it.

Also Rodimus didn't really unify the Transformers. War's still went on. Not really the chosen one.

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 11:01 AM
The matrix is passed along from one bot to another. The episode where Rodimus goes inside the matrix explains it.

Also Rodimus didn't really unify the Transformers. War's still went on.

Yeah that's until Galvatron rallied his troops and the Quints wanting back Cybertron and have the Transformers as their slaves again. Basically the Quints restarted the war in Season 3

Omegatron
02-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Lockdown.

O.K. go ahead and hate me for this, but he's basically Boba Fett, and that's such a cliched character trope these days.

Blitzwing
02-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Optimus Prime. I know I'll get flack for this, but Hasbro's (and, to a lesser extent, collector's) need to have Optimus be the focal point of nearly every series/toyline is making the brand a lot less interesting and diverse than I feel it could be. It just feels like it's artificially limiting the potential scope of the franchise.

I second this, Prime is great as the hero that the more interesting characters try to live up to. Having a perfect/flawless character lead the good guys is so boring. Same reason why I don't like Superman.

On the topic of Hot Rod/Rodimus, I find him much more interesting because he was a flawed leader as opposed to a perfect one. Watching someone that has potential to fail is much more satisfying when he does succeed.

elburrito
02-05-2015, 02:05 PM
For me it's a close call between Wheelie and Blaster. Blaster seems like a 2nd rate Scatman and Wheelie is just annoying.

wervenom
02-05-2015, 02:07 PM
Wheelie and Ironhide but I'm basing it on the G1 cartoon

Chigimus
02-05-2015, 02:08 PM
For me, I would have to call out Wreck-Gar. To this day I still have trouble trying to understand his gibberish speech (I'd rather listen to Blurr), his color palette is pretty bland, and those nipple turrets in his G1 design are ridiculous!

As far as the Hot Rod chatter goes, I agree with Blitzwing's post - his character flaws, self-doubt about his worthiness, etc.; it gave him some depth as Rodimus moreso than who he was as Hot Rod.

Rev
02-05-2015, 02:22 PM
movie Bee
G1 Hot Rod
Armada Hot Shot

@Multiplex. shockwave superior.

Window
02-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Beast Machines Cheetor
TF Animated - Sari (does she count?)

Sun Swipe Prime
02-05-2015, 02:40 PM

Also Rodimus didn't really unify the Transformers. War's still went on. Not really the chosen one.

It doesn't matter who touched the matrix first after Optimus. Just because someone touches something first doesn't signify ownership, otherwise Alpha Trion wouldn't have been able to pass the matrix to Prime, because, by your standards, Trion was still the true owner. Regardless, Hot Rod pass the matrix to Magus, and Magnus just couldn't handle it.

Hot Rod was the chosen one. Him catching the matrix from Prime's fading hands was foreshadowing what was to come, not theft.

Like Prime said an Autobot shall rise from the ranks and use the matrix to light our darkest hour. He did not say, the Autobot with the quickest hands and the first to say "MINE" gets the matrix.

Rodimus did unify Cybertron. After the battle with Unicron, the war was over. Cybertron was revitalized and the Decepticons were no longer a true threat. They were reduced to living like hobos on Char. Sure they caused trouble, but Rodimus was able to send them packing, beating Galvatron's arse just like he did inside of Unicron.

As for the actual question of this thread. Off the top of my head, my least favorite is the MechTech Voyage Ironhide.

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
TF Prime Mikko
Bayverse Movies Sam

elburrito
02-05-2015, 03:07 PM
TF Prime Mikko
Bayverse Movies Sam

Miko was a PITA, especially at first. But she ended up delivering big-time in Season 3. "Chain of Command" is an example.

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Miko was a PITA, especially at first. But she ended up delivering big-time in Season 3. "Chain of Command" is an example.

Doesn't change anything still don't like her. Ohhh G1 Daniel was a big time PITA

elburrito
02-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Doesn't change anything still don't like her. Ohhh G1 Daniel was a big time PITA

HA!

Buhawi
02-05-2015, 03:40 PM
It doesn't matter who touched the matrix first after Optimus. Just because someone touches something first doesn't signify ownership, otherwise Alpha Trion wouldn't have been able to pass the matrix to Prime, because, by your standards, Trion was still the true owner. Regardless, Hot Rod pass the matrix to Magus, and Magnus just couldn't handle it.

Hot Rod was the chosen one. Him catching the matrix from Prime's fading hands was foreshadowing what was to come, not theft.

Like Prime said an Autobot shall rise from the ranks and use the matrix to light our darkest hour. He did not say, the Autobot with the quickest hands and the first to say "MINE" gets the matrix.

Rodimus did unify Cybertron. After the battle with Unicron, the war was over. Cybertron was revitalized and the Decepticons were no longer a true threat. They were reduced to living like hobos on Char. Sure they caused trouble, but Rodimus was able to send them packing, beating Galvatron's arse just like he did inside of Unicron.

As for the actual question of this thread. Off the top of my head, my least favorite is the MechTech Voyage Ironhide.

I'm just going with the bigger picture...

Hot Rod/Rodimus is a douche. lol

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm just going with the bigger picture...

Hot Rod/Rodimus would like a word with you

Buhawi
02-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Already done that.

Classics Hot Rod/Rodimus additional articulation. waist/shoulder/elbow. (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/958229-much-needed-articulated-classics-hotrod.html)

The bot didn't have a chance. Not even one bit.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8654/16264396868_43b089980e.jpg

Rodimus Prime1
02-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Any transformer that I can't remember the name of I guess, or is it a figure I know that I would hate?

Hate the toy ................ Fatimus Prime, G2 Megatron tank and a lot of shell formers
Hate the character......... hmmmmm a hard one don't really have one that stands out now that I thought about it, I guess the least favourite all the main show/ characters would be energon series

Sun Swipe Prime
02-05-2015, 06:36 PM

Yeah... In the IDW comics I've read, which are only a few, he is a pretty big douche. Here have a Rodimus star...ugg.

Hellboy
02-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Wheelie

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 07:22 PM
^ Which Wheelie? G1 Wheelie or Bayverse Wheelie?

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Yeah... In the IDW comics I've read, which are only a few, he is a pretty big douche. Here have a Rodimus star...ugg.

Hot Rod is and always has been a douche, he is a prick.

Blitzwing
02-05-2015, 08:17 PM

I love IDW Rodimus... stuff like the Rodimus stars and Rodpod are just extensions of his massive ego. The reason it's interesting is the fact that he does stuff like that because deep down he fears rejection and craves the approval of his fellow Autobots. The whole ego thing is just a front.

Bruticus82
02-05-2015, 08:18 PM
G1 First Aid.

Xtreme987
02-05-2015, 08:35 PM
BB is way overrated imo.

jjwankenobi
02-06-2015, 05:14 PM
Powerglide. Fuck him for edging out Skyfire as the Autobot Team's exclusive air support provider.

And Warpath and his Cybertronian Tourettes can eat it too.

Ironwave
02-06-2015, 06:01 PM
Powerglide. Fuck him for edging out Skyfire as the Autobot Team's exclusive air support provider.

And Warpath and his Cybertronian Tourettes can eat it too.

BAM WAM ZAPP KABLOWWIEEE!!!!!

xbrawn
02-08-2015, 02:32 PM
All of them. Any questions?

Ironwave
02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
All of them. Any questions?

Then why your name is XBrawn then? lol

xbrawn
02-08-2015, 06:37 PM
This pic was supposed to be attached.

Tonestar
02-08-2015, 07:34 PM
G1 Seaspray...the way he talked made me always want to slap his back so whatever was in there would finally come out so he could talk normally. G1 Beachcomber kinda bugged me too the way he was such a hippy-bot.

Ironwave
02-08-2015, 07:38 PM
G1 Seaspray...the way he talked made me always want to slap his back so whatever was in there would finally come out so he could talk normally. G1 Beachcomber kinda bugged me too the way he was such a hippy-bot.

Yeah, it sounded like as he was talking throw a straw while drinking water

Undrave
02-09-2015, 12:34 PM
While I like a lot of G1 design, I can't say I'm very attached to most of them. It still baffles me that there are a ton of third party Huffers and honestly I can't say I quite get the hype Dinobots get.

Or the boring Autobot Combiners like Superion and Computron.

Chigimus
02-09-2015, 02:54 PM
While I like a lot of G1 design, I can't say I'm very attached to most of them. It still baffles me that there are a ton of third party Huffers and honestly I can't say I quite get the hype Dinobots get.

Or the boring Autobot Combiners like Superion and Computron.

http://cdn.memestache.com/2011/12/13/paranoidparrot_105440_1325138405.jpg

Really? They're Robot. Dinosaurs. :raisetheroof: That is all they need to be worth the hype. It worked then, it still works now.

As for Superion and Computron, the appeal to them is that Superion was the first ever Autobot combiner team so he can arguably get the same level of nostalgia and appreciation that Devastator does. With Computron, I think his appeal is that he was the first and only attempt at a design for a combiner team that's out-of-the box and strays from the normal vehicular or airplane designs.... at least for the Autobots.

Undrave
02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Really? They're Robot. Dinosaurs. :raisetheroof: That is all they need to be worth the hype. It worked then, it still works now.

I get it, but the designs just never really did it for me and I can't say I'm a fan of the characters themselves either. The G1 Dinobots just never looked very dynamic. For a cool robotic Dinosaur give me TM2 Dinobot, Energon Cruelock or even that Energon Swoop guy. Something that looks fast, fierce and ferocious! And spikey! The G1 Dinobots were too pudgy and grey. I got AoE Snarl and he's really cool. If he didn't have gorrila arms he'd be one of my favorite Transformers ever!

chans formers
02-10-2015, 07:08 PM

Love/hate relationship...^lolz,same on both points....

BB is way overrated imo.
agreed.

back to topic,least favorite of mine would be g1 quark the computer.if he's so advanced/hightech,where was the security systems to fight of megatrons head dildo from reprogramming him???
i think i can technically call him a transformers as it was megatrons head phallis that reprogrammed him into doing his bidding.i also consider the few machinations he controlled transformers as the control chips used to control them were cybertronian in origin too.
maybe that's just me though....

Masta_Skidz
02-10-2015, 08:03 PM
for me it is all the main human characters in the G1 cartoon

The 12th Prime
02-11-2015, 01:31 AM
I get it, but the designs just never really did it for me and I can't say I'm a fan of the characters themselves either. The G1 Dinobots just never looked very dynamic. For a cool robotic Dinosaur give me TM2 Dinobot, Energon Cruelock or even that Energon Swoop guy. Something that looks fast, fierce and ferocious! And spikey! The G1 Dinobots were too pudgy and grey. I got AoE Snarl and he's really cool. If he didn't have gorrila arms he'd be one of my favorite Transformers ever!

I liked the idea of the G1 Dinobots at first but their characterization outside of Grimlock wasn't even there, then Grimlock's flip flop to being a clown for season 3. It was funny but did him a dis-service at the same time retrospectively speaking. I would have preferred he stayed bad ass or at least have grown into his clown suit in some way. The toys were much cooler, I Loved my G1 Snarl and my brother's Slag.

DesertDog
02-11-2015, 04:02 AM
Waspinator, followed by Rattrap. I literally hate both of them. As characters anyway, I have no real issue with the toys. Their voices grate on me. If it weren't for them I might have enjoyed BW. I hope IDW kills them off with gusto.

Blitzwing
02-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Waspinator, followed by Rattrap. I literally hate both of them. As characters anyway, I have no real issue with the toys. Their voices grate on me. If it weren't for them I might have enjoyed BW. I hope IDW kills them off with gusto.

Not a Scott McNeil fan eh? Strange, most people love his voices.

AeroShake
02-11-2015, 03:22 PM
IDW Star Saber. RIP G1 Star Saber.

To be more particular, his portrayal. I prefer the burning justice over burning genocide. Needless to stay though, IDW SS looks badass thanks to Milne.

CobraCommander
02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Hot Rod

Hellboy
02-11-2015, 05:01 PM
^ Which Wheelie? G1 Wheelie or Bayverse Wheelie?

I don't consider anything from Bay a Transformer so I'm talking G1.

jjwankenobi
02-11-2015, 05:04 PM
IDW Star Saber. RIP G1 Star Saber.

To be more particular, his portrayal. I prefer the burning justice over burning genocide. Needless to stay though, IDW SS looks badass thanks to Milne.

Safe to assume this news (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=57660) does not sit well with you, Aero?

Aside from the aformentioned Powerglide and Warpath I'd like to extend my hatred to all of the Minibots minus the "core" group that appeared in MTMTE Parts 1 & 2 (except for Huffer...that guy sucks).

Soundwaves
02-11-2015, 05:11 PM
Bay's optimus prime...

Flames on optimus?

Nuff said.