PDA

View Full Version : MP-05 Megatron for $60??

rid
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
This sounds too good to be true but I'm spreading the word just in case: ebay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/Takara-Transformers-MP-Masterpiece-Robot-figure-RARE_W0QQitemZ330201668242QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4694Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

S&H is expensive but the total is still cheaper than what most north american sellers ask.

Pascal
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I'd jump on it.

Team Jetfire
01-03-2008, 07:21 PM
not a bad deal.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Not a good deal to me.

So that's $105 total, shipped from Hong Kong.

With the concerns of the gun thing and possible customs fees it to me still seems safer to order for $5 more from TFSource with guaranteed no problems or customs/brokerage fees. ($95 + $14 shipping).

If there were none available through normal TF online shopping means then this would be more appealing but seeing as the second run just came out, it's not saving any money really so why order from a less established source, especially with this item?

Pascal
01-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Got my MP-05 from Hong Kong for about the same price (higher BIN, lower shipping fees), never had any problem and didn't pay any customs fees. Got it in about 5 days. That Ebay seller has close to 700 feedbacks and a rating of 99.9%. To me, that's more than established. :)

Actually, believe it or not, I'm having more problem with Canadian and American sellers than Asian sellers. Asian sellers are usually quick and I never pay customs fees. Shipping is sometimes steep, but you do get your stuff quick. With Canadian and American sellers, stuff often takes a long time to arrive and I often pay customs fees. As far as I remember, on Ebay, I've been screwed by 4 Americans (one Unifive figure, one Laser Prime, two more I can't remember), 2 Ontarians (2 R.E.M. cds... the same cd actually!) and 2 guys from the Netherlands (1 from tfw2005, 1 from tfans).

Team Jetfire
01-03-2008, 08:25 PM
I paid prob 130.00 from bbts when all was said and done.

EnragedCoconut
01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
My MP Starscream from BBTS just arrived today and I ended up paying 18$ in custom's fees.

So there you go :).

EC

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
My MP Starscream from BBTS just arrived today and I ended up paying 18$ in custom's fees.

So there you go :).

EC

Ah, I'd recommend TFSource over BBTS for all Canadian buyers, TFSource knows all about customs/duty crossing the border and fills out customs forms so as to make sure the buyer never gets hit (they even market themselves around this), BBTS on the other hand does not so a Cdn buyer will just about always get hit with fees from them.

Makes the choice easy. And this isn't a shot at BBTS, but maybe they could learn from it. Why would I as a Canadian buyer ever buy from them knowing I'll get hit with charges when I know I can buy for similar price from TFSource and never get hit?

Icetron
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Ah, I'd recommend TFSource over BBTS for all Canadian buyers, TFSource knows all about customs/duty crossing the border and fills out customs forms so as to make sure the buyer never gets hit (they even market themselves around this), BBTS on the other hand does not so a Cdn buyer will just about always get hit with fees from them.

Makes the choice easy. And this isn't a shot at BBTS, but maybe they could learn from it. Why would I as a Canadian buyer ever buy from them knowing I'll get hit with charges when I know I can buy for similar price from TFSource and never get hit?

So they automatically know what value to declare for Canadian orders? I never knew that, but I'll definitely consider them first if I ever need something. :D I hate paying customs fees, it's like an added expense. :(

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
So they automatically know what value to declare for Canadian orders? I never knew that, but I'll definitely consider them first if I ever need something. :D I hate paying customs fees, it's like an added expense. :(

Yep, they know what and make a point (aka always) to put on the forms so they get through w/out charges.

EnragedCoconut
01-03-2008, 10:52 PM

I'll have to remember this for my Jazz and Skylinx reissue. I've already got them preordered from BBTS but it seems i've got time to make changes. My Ironhide and Rachet have already shipped so i'm stuck eating customs charges on them.

EC

cannabisprime
01-03-2008, 11:09 PM
That's actually not a bad deal for $105 shipped; it's essentially the same price as A3U was charging.

This is by no means a shot at TFSource, but what you just mentioned there is as truthful as people who claim that parcels sent under a certain dollar amount (or under that amount) are never hit by customs; last I recall, I got charged the "handling fee" when Customs stopped that Reissue Magnus I had ordered from TFSource. :rolleyes:

nuropa
01-03-2008, 11:11 PM
MP05 is selling for ~$50 in HK/China right now, seller is making extra money on the high shipping.

Tech Spec
01-03-2008, 11:28 PM

I hope this is true, I did a group buy for the MP 5 upgrade kit from TF Source. Hope I don't get dinged :)

miasboytoy
01-04-2008, 10:45 PM
i got my mp-05 locally for 100 canadian flat. hooked up tech spec too. this was the first wave and unmodded. thats still a good deal tho.

lars573
01-06-2008, 12:55 AM

One problem though. TFsources inventory is, in a word, abysmal. If you happen to need something other than G1 (vintage and reissue), those G1 accesory packs, or Takara collector figures BBTS is what you need and not tfsource.