PDA

View Full Version : Toys"R"Us Canada Celebrates 30 Years of Transformers July 4th-6th

Robimus
07-03-2014, 11:10 PM
July 4th-6th Toys"R"Us Canada will be celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Transformers with in store activities, demos and giveaways all weekend long!

On July 5th Spend $40 before tax on Transformers figures & roleplay and get $15 off!

Also Kreo are Buy One/Get One Free all weekend long!

Vorahk
07-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Nice!!

pandaprime
07-04-2014, 12:56 AM
awesome sauce

Wheelwave
07-04-2014, 01:34 AM
Buy 1 get 2nd free. Is it just Kreons or is it all Kreo like it says.

Robimus
07-04-2014, 02:40 AM
Looks like all Kreo. I'll change the post.

DuG
07-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Guess this means anyone that missed out on the preorder sale price of MP Grimlock can get it price adjusted to $84.99 or can pick one up in store for that price.

style
07-04-2014, 08:11 AM
$85 good price. Will they price match previous kreo to the bogo sale?

Scrapper6
07-04-2014, 08:48 AM

That I highly doubt, I've never heard of anybody price matching a BOGO event that wasn't at least Buy one get one half-off. Buy one get one free is probably not something a store is allowed to price match, also nobody else carries much Kre-O.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
07-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Pretty sure they're not going to be price-matching on this one.

Why?
It's not a sale on the actual prices of the figures, it's a set amount of $ off on a set $ purchased. Therefore not actually price matching

It's not a normal weekly sale.

If they did price match this, it would double-up with previous figure sale, i.e. the discounts from last week, then plus this $15 on top of that.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
07-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Only the kreo sale is all weekend, the save $15 and 30th promo stuff is Saturday only, as clearly shown on a different page in the flyer. FP should be updated to be accurate.

A couple of mp grimlocks with bashed up boxes @ pickering TRU

CobraCommander
07-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Only the kreo sale is all weekend, the save $15 and 30th promo stuff is Saturday only, as clearly shown on a different page in the flyer. FP should be updated to be accurate.

A couple of mp grimlocks with bashed up boxes @ pickering TRU

Oh, I wonder if that can stack with the $10 off coupon from the movie ticket stubs :)

http://d2edxydlldej8a.cloudfront.net/flyers/208651/1403731783/3_22_3.jpg

laffy
07-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Oh, I wonder if that can stack with the $10 off coupon from the movie ticket stubs :)

http://d2edxydlldej8a.cloudfront.net/flyers/208651/1403731783/3_22_3.jpg

it says right on the stub that it does not work with sale items... but would love to see if some get away with it :)

pulsedragon20
07-04-2014, 11:53 AM
This it to anyone in Montreal, I picked up 2 of each of anything $16.99 and up (Kreo) if any wants to do "half" with me, send me a PM

Rev
07-04-2014, 01:45 PM
I wonder if this would work on MP Sunstorm online.

laffy
07-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Anyone know yet if you can price match today's 15.00 off

Tarantulas
07-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Anyone know yet if you can price match today's 15.00 off

It's an advertised event so I don't see why not. My local Walmart price matches online flyers and deals... as long as you show them it on your phone.

I don't think my local Walmart has anything new though. :argh:

Edit:
You CAN pre-order Sunstorm in store though.. the AoE coupon probably wouldn't stack with the $15 off but you could try!

laffy
07-05-2014, 10:47 AM
im just heading out with the family will report back soon

The 12th Prime
07-05-2014, 11:20 AM
At TRU Whitby, a table set up in front of the section by the video games where the toys are for the movie. Lots of drawing/colouring pages, 4" stickers of autobot and decepticon symbols given away, Grimlock movie posters and Kreo combiner movie sets given away. The guy says he's here until 2pm. Popsicle sticks too with autobot and decepticon symbols for little faces. More soon.

They've also opened the large Optimus and Grimlock smash and flip changers. The poor demostrating people really have no idea what to do or what they're doing, I feel like helping them.

11:38 and the hoopla has died down a few children left now.

One thing I'm surprised about is in previous years I've seen the TFCon cards advertising the show at TRU, it'd be great if some were here today as a lot of parents I'm speaking to don't know about the show but they do now :)

style
07-05-2014, 11:47 AM
TRU Argentia same thing. Poster, colouring pages, cut outs, and free kreo movie combiners. Really sad. Told me I couldn't have the free stuff because I'm not a child and I said the website says 5+ and no limit on age. She gave it to me.

laffy
07-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Just at Burlington toys r us and no go on the 15.00 off old sale price manager was very firm and said head office said no.

legenddkillaa
07-05-2014, 12:02 PM
You don't have much pride, do you?

TRU Argentia same thing. Poster, colouring pages, cut outs, and free kreo movie combiners. Really sad. Told me I couldn't have the free stuff because I'm not a child and I said the website says 5+ and no limit on age. She gave it to me.

Ironwave
07-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Just came back from TRU since they have Transformers 30 years anniversary event, they have giveaways like Kre-o posters, demos, colorings. I left with a Grimlock poster, a Decepticon logo sticker that I put on my laptop's cover, and a
Microchangers Combiner Kre-o Lazerbolt.

pulsedragon20
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
I wonder if this would work on MP Sunstorm online.

The $15 discount doesn't work on pre-order TFs (online at least)

style
07-05-2014, 12:58 PM
You don't have much pride, do you?

I have lots of pride thank you very much. I was 2 when TF started and when celebrating 30 years I think anyone should be able to participate. Especially those who were there for all 30 years. Just expected something a bit bigger.

style
07-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Hmmm I may try tomorrow to get the $15 off Sunstorm or at least use the $10 off scratch card.

I did get the price adjustment on my Movie Kreo blindbags. They just returned them and resold them. Their idea. TRU Argentia rocks.

laffy
07-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Hmmm I may try tomorrow to get the $15 off Sunstorm or at least use the $10 off scratch card.

I did get the price adjustment on my Movie Kreo blindbags. They just returned them and resold them. Their idea. TRU Argentia rocks.

I went after to Oakville and they gave me the 15.00 off my last week sales and save over 60.00 on top of my sale price. So in happy will never go to Burlington for price matching again. Remember the 15.00 off is only good for today only

chaingunsofdoom
07-05-2014, 01:07 PM
^ The $15 off pic says Saturday only...

Edit: beat me to it Laffy

Robimus
07-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Pretty happy with the free stuff my daughter scored.

I don't recall a retailer ever giving away a free $15 toy so just that in and of itself is amazing.

legenddkillaa
07-05-2014, 02:52 PM
I was there, it was clearly an event for small children, not for grown men to confront TRU employees over free stickers.

I have lots of pride thank you very much. I was 2 when TF started and when celebrating 30 years I think anyone should be able to participate. Especially those who were there for all 30 years. Just expected something a bit bigger.

Robimus
07-05-2014, 03:07 PM
To each there own :)

I know that members of the Iacon North group in Manitoba did very well from our posts on facebook today. I think it speaks highly of both TRU and Hasbro that they would offer such an event.

Nice to see them giving something back to those that support them.

style
07-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Good to get new kids into the fandom. A lot of small kids coming up had no idea about kreo and the combiners.

laffy
07-05-2014, 03:21 PM
I for one loved it my two kids had a blast...

scourge1017
07-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I must say while at TRU Brampton today with my son I witnessed the same type of immature and overenetitled behavior from an older fan wearing a Podolski soccer jersey.

He was carrying on like he was owed something and even whined to the manager that he should be allowed to participate. The Manager relented and let him go but he cut the line and rushed through to get his swag and took off. I assume to the next store. He was behaving worse than the kids there trying to enjoy and participate in the day. My 5 year old even recognized his immature behavior and that of his girlfriend and said "daddy he shouldn't get a toy, he was being a bad boy"

The day is about the kids. I've been a fan a long time too and I don't think I am entitled to anything but to enjoy the special occasion. But hey if taking something away from kids makes you happy because "you've been a fan forever and they owe you" then you are in the wrong hobby.

Embarrassed to be a fan today.

Robimus
07-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Definitely a difference between asking and insisting.

While I was in the store it was all kids participating, and it was nice to see them getting the freebies.

Trans4mers
07-05-2014, 03:30 PM

I preordered MP Sunstorm a few days ago and just called in to talk to them about the $!5 off when you spend $40 or more. The Customer Rep had to ask her supervisor but was given the ok to give the discount.:canada:

laffy
07-05-2014, 03:36 PM
my girl just had to bring in her grimlock (she calls him grimmy lol) the staff was great and very caring both my kids was chatting it up talking about the movie with other kids ... most kids there all saw the movie already which was good... all in all a big win for toys r us..

laffy
07-05-2014, 03:36 PM
I preordered MP Sunstorm a few days ago and just called in to talk to them about the $!5 off when you spend $40 or more. The Customer Rep had to ask her supervisor but was given the ok to give the discount.:canada:

wow that's great news :)

Tarantulas
07-05-2014, 03:37 PM
What exactly were they giving away that would cause long-time fans to behave in that manner? My wife went to the store to pre-order Sunstorm as I'm working today and she said there was just children coloring and it was calm, that sort of thing...

Edit:
And they gave away what, KREOs? That's awesome of them and I do hope the kids had fun... but call me when they're giving away Masterpiece Transformers, as that's the only thing that would cause this long-time fan to stomp through the crowds of children to get ahead of the line. :p

legenddkillaa
07-05-2014, 03:40 PM
scourge1017, you may be my new hero :)

Scrapper6
07-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Sounds like some fans hear the word free and figure they should be allowed to get it no matter what just because.

I enjoy getting free things too, hell I got a 20$ toy for free thanks to BOGO, but I was willing to pay to receive something for free.

An event of this caliber is more for the children, and a free Kre-O combiner with a couple of colouring pages and a poster aren't exactly worth taking an entitled attitude for just because you've been with the franchise since youth.

Despite what The LEGO Movie said Ages 5+ does not mean grown men can participate in these kind of events and act like total douches. It's people like that which makes it harder for fans to be taken seriously where the media is concerned.

Personally I'm glad TRU is starting to participate more with Hasbro in these types of events, and spreading the Kreon love to a new generation isn't such a bad idea. Hopefully more events like this will happen in the future for the franchise.

style
07-05-2014, 03:58 PM
Sorry guys I was just thinking it would be a bigger deal. Not just a random table in the back corner of the store without much hoopla at all. Each store is different I'm sure. No line here. 2 kids only and I asked if I could have some of the stuff for my son when he is a bit older. I know it's about the kids. Sorry for any confusion. Manners and pleasantries always come first. I was just hoping for an event worthy of the 30 years of the franchise.

style
07-05-2014, 03:59 PM
Sounds like some fans hear the word free and figure they should be allowed to get it no matter what just because.

I enjoy getting free things too, hell I got a 20$ toy for free thanks to BOGO, but I was willing to pay to receive something for free.

An event of this caliber is more for the children, and a free Kre-O combiner with a couple of colouring pages and a poster aren't exactly worth taking an entitled attitude for just because you've been with the franchise since youth.

Despite what The LEGO Movie said Ages 5+ does not mean grown men can participate in these kind of events and act like total douches. It's people like that which makes it harder for fans to be taken seriously where the media is concerned.

Personally I'm glad TRU is starting to participate more with Hasbro in these types of events, and spreading the Kreon love to a new generation isn't such a bad idea. Hopefully more events like this will happen in the future for the franchise.

Ya I agree. Getting the Kreos out to kids is a good idea. Would have been cool to maybe get some TFCon flyers out too. I know in the past I have seen them around TRUs leading up to it. Need those new fans.

legenddkillaa
07-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Sorry for ragging on you.

Sorry guys I was just thinking it would be a bigger deal. Not just a random table in the back corner of the store without much hoopla at all. Each store is different I'm sure. No line here. 2 kids only and I asked if I could have some of the stuff for my son when he is a bit older. I know it's about the kids. Sorry for any confusion. Manners and pleasantries always come first. I was just hoping for an event worthy of the 30 years of the franchise.

style
07-05-2014, 04:19 PM
No worries man. It's all good. I hope TRU and Hasbro keep doing these so they get bigger and better each time. No need for freebies really just more hoopla?

Ironwave
07-05-2014, 04:41 PM
This what I picked up from TRU, my collection grew but not a lot. So I assembled him today, turned out great. He looks like a mean Combiner. He would have a great battle with any of the combiners. Say hello to Lazerbolt!
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/5/55/KreO-Toy_Lazerbolt.jpg/300px-KreO-Toy_Lazerbolt.jpg

CobraCommander
07-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Sorry for ragging on you.

No worries man. It's all good. I hope TRU and Hasbro keep doing these so they get bigger and better each time. No need for freebies really just more hoopla?

I just logged on to say, I'm proud of you guys for being the bigger man! :clapping:

protoform_ironhide
07-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Just been to a local toy's r us. Got a free pack of Kreo Cominber, some stickers and a poster. There was a few Kreo combiners to pick, and I picked up the Obsidian. I was also there to exchange my movie stubs for the scratch cards... and all four are Kreo blind packs. This is my first time playing around with Kreo, and they are just lego with a different brand.

zuffyprime
07-05-2014, 05:06 PM
I must say while at TRU Brampton today with my son I witnessed the same type of immature and overenetitled behavior from an older fan wearing a Podolski soccer jersey.

He was carrying on like he was owed something and even whined to the manager that he should be allowed to participate. The Manager relented and let him go but he cut the line and rushed through to get his swag and took off. I assume to the next store. He was behaving worse than the kids there trying to enjoy and participate in the day. My 5 year old even recognized his immature behavior and that of his girlfriend and said "daddy he shouldn't get a toy, he was being a bad boy"

The day is about the kids. I've been a fan a long time too and I don't think I am entitled to anything but to enjoy the special occasion. But hey if taking something away from kids makes you happy because "you've been a fan forever and they owe you" then you are in the wrong hobby.

Embarrassed to be a fan today.

scourge/legendkilla
no need to be jerks and personally attack people.

go somewhere else if you'd like to do that.

that is all.

thank you

protoform_ironhide
07-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Yah, I do agree that this event is for kids. I wouldn't dare to participate if I didn't bring my kid along. Someone wasn't very happy when I was there building the kreo. He said I am on his way and that his kid has no room to build his kreo.. I just go excuse me, I am in the middle is something here... I wasn't very welcome by those other parents with kids...

Nomad
07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Honestly, I'd have just said that if they have a problem with me being there with my kid, that they should do something about it.

style
07-05-2014, 06:42 PM
TRU Argentia still has scratch cards too if anyone has stubs still.

legenddkillaa
07-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Calm down sister, we kissed and made up.

scourge/legendkilla
no need to be jerks and personally attack people.

go somewhere else if you'd like to do that.

that is all.

thank you

Trans4mers
07-05-2014, 07:13 PM
ill check this out tomorrow with my son.

chans formers
07-05-2014, 07:36 PM

Embarrassed to be a fan today.lolz,i almost went through the same situation,only exception being the little boy asked his dad loudly "daddy,are you going to sell these on ebay too"?:scalper:

i actually managed to have fun tough today watching my daughter put the white and blue set together.(i don't know the names of the bayverse combiners as i don't care for them,just the g1 kreons matter to me.
we spent just over two hours there,first she had fun coloring the my little pony pic,then she drew "mommy" on the back of the optimus coloring page,then spent the rest of the time assembling(somewhat)the afformentioned white/blue set.
funny thing is,i was wearing a transformers "dotm" t-shirt,but alot of the parents there thought i was one of the workers so i played along and helped other people.(no,i didn't just ditch my wee one,my little sister works at the tru and she was doing the whole shebang too,so she helped watch the wee one and a couple other little ones put theirs together while i helped out other parents and fans with transformers toys itself as she usually works the lego department and doesn't really know about the transformers stuff.
i'm kinda surprised that for a hasbro sponsored event they didn't actually have a hasbro rep on site,kinda like how when lego does it there's actually somebody there from lego.

lolz,at one point,there were so many kids building the same kreo set (white/blue) that pieces kept getting mixed/dropped/flying off the tables.

all in all,i had fun with the wee one and that's probably the main point.

she ultimately came home with the autobot/decepticon logo stickers
popsicle stick and decepticon faction logo mask
kreon combiner white/blue set
my little pony coloring pic
optimus prime coloring pic
optimus prime poster(this is not war,it's extinction)
idw transformers micro-comic "optimus prime"
lego chima blue lion? case to store her mini fig collection she's starting to aquire
megabloks the smurfs "snorkeling smurfette set"

edit: and once it was over at 2pm,my little sister texted me saying that the tf stylized black and white autobot shirts they were wearing for the promotion were given to them so the next time my little sister comes over i get that shirt.

OptimusNIXX
07-05-2014, 08:27 PM

That I highly doubt, I've never heard of anybody price matching a BOGO event that wasn't at least Buy one get one half-off. Buy one get one free is probably not something a store is allowed to price match, also nobody else carries much Kre-O.

I actually did just that at Markville TRU yesterday. Instead of just a price match/adjustment, it was a refund and repurchase with just the receipts (yes, I didn't bring the Kre-o sets with me). I was planning to buy it and refund them a day later, but turns out that most of the Kre-o sets were sold out.

(I never knew they were that popular as they have been warming the shelf for 6 weeks, until the movie hits the theater and that's when most of the toys were being sold.)

Rev
07-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Got to TRU around 3 and snagged my son two posters, Decepticon sticker, and some colouring pages. He was pretty happy.

Buhawi
07-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Was it crowded?

I didn't go. I hate people crowding you'll see shit like scourge1017 's ...

That dude is embarrasing but at least he only hurt himself that day. what a douche.

style
07-06-2014, 03:43 AM
Was it crowded?

That dude is embarrasing but at least he only hurt himself that day. what a douche.

Not at the TRU I went to. Went at 11:30 and 2 kids colouring. Maybe next time.

laffy
07-06-2014, 09:15 AM
The Burlington one was but only from walking in not for the party itself like my family. The Oakville one not sure as I was only there to price match than left kids wanted to go to the park

chans formers
07-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Was it crowded?

it was pretty crowded.it only started to die down towards the last hour or so.
lolz,at one point it looked like a chinese sweat shop as 98% of the kids and parents were oriental.

python
07-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Just wanted to give TRU Dartmouth Crossing deserved props for yesterday. MOD Aaron and Associate Jeff set up two tables in the middle of the AOE display and had at least 20 kids to start their session. Very quickly organized and I saw lots of happy faces when Jeff started handing out the Combiners. They also did not discriminate on age (Got my Obsidian) so props for treating all fans the same.

While there - Aaron got to give away the store's scratch ticket grand prize - The Galvatron Kre-O set, a Leader Optimus Prime and a Smash and Play Grimlock. Two very happy kids, although more so the little brother.

Must give props to the store as a whole. Great staff, always friendly. Allison, Brie and Angel get special mention. Great for price matches, keeping people informed of events and sales, and offering rain checks.

JLvatron
07-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Awesome! :)

I went to TRU in Brossard. Went all over the store, didn't see anything happening.
Maybe they didn't celebrate it in Quebec?

Anybody else here from Quebec go to TRU Transformers day?

I have lots of pride thank you very much. I was 2 when TF started and when celebrating 30 years I think anyone should be able to participate. Especially those who were there for all 30 years.

Good for you! I agree 100%.

I would have loved some TF stickers. Sure, they're the controversial Bay Movie designs, but heck, beggers can't be choosers!! :D

And don't let those nay-sayers bring you down. You did good to demand those TF stickers.

...You're my Hero!! :canada:

style
07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks! Perhaps if the TF community help ran these events they would go like the Dartmouth location instead of a teenager who kept saying 'I don't know how this works' and 'I don't what I have in the box' and just looking like they could care less. Would be a good way to promote TFCon as well right before.

Nomad
07-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I guess it was sort of like running to Home Depot & Canadian Tire, and having to go through 6 people before one of them knew what liquid thread locker or Locktite for screws was hah.

Buhawi
07-08-2014, 05:45 AM
it was pretty crowded.it only started to die down towards the last hour or so.
lolz,at one point it looked like a chinese sweat shop as 98% of the kids and parents were oriental.

LOL

JLvatron
07-08-2014, 03:40 PM
lolz,i almost went through the same situation,only exception being the little boy asked his dad loudly "daddy,are you going to sell these on ebay too"?:scalper:

TeeHee-ous!! :D

And thanks for describing what the event was like, I had no idea! :)
Maybe I should have asked someone at the barren TRU I visited.

As for the kids vs. adults debate here, it's obvious that with coloring & stickers, this was centred around children.
But that doesn't mean an adult fan, who would genuinely enjoy this, shouldn't participate.

Since it's kid-centred, I'd think extra care should be taken to not get in the kids' ways for long and give them priority.