PDA

View Full Version : TFcon 2013 Live Script Reading Prelude Comic Book

Super_Megatron
07-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Audition for a chance to do a live script reading this Saturday with voice actors Jack Angel, Dick Gautier, Venus Terzo and Marilyn Lightstone at the TFcon 2013 Live Script Reading. To get you ready check out the TFcon 2013 live script reading prelude comic on the TFcon 2013 website (http://www.tfcon.ca).

TFcon, the world's largest fan-run Transformers convention (http://www.tfcon.ca/) will take place July 26th to 28th, 2013 in Toronto, Ontario at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre. Advance registration is now closed but you can purchase tickets and the TFcon 2013 exclusives VAN GUARDIAN and ROSWELL at the door.

TFcon 2013 features Canada's largest dealer room for Transformers merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests including Transformers voice actors Jack Angel the voice of Astrotrain, Breakdown, Cyclonus, Omega Supreme, Ramjet, Smokescreen and Ultra Magnus in the Generation 1 cartoon plus Dick Gautier the voice of Rodimus Prime, in addition to Venus Terzo the voice of Blackarachnia in Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and Transformers comic book writer James Roberts, Gobots voice actor Marilyn Lightstone the voices of Crasher and Path Finder, Transformers comic book artists Livio Ramondelli, Casey Coller, Alex Milne, Andrew Griffith, John-Paul Bove, Marvin Mariano, Matt Moylan and Josh Perez along with special appearances by Peaugh and Vangelus with more to be announced. The TFcon 2013 hotel block is still available (http://www.deltameadowvale.com/gcctfc0713).

UltraPrimal
07-24-2013, 02:43 PM
"The G.M. Fan"? Ugh! I physically groaned upon reading that. I don't think you guys are allowed to rag on BotCon anymore for their shitty fan fiction with lines like that. :rolleyes: :p

Janitor
07-24-2013, 03:42 PM
"The G.M. Fan"? Ugh! I physically groaned upon reading that. I don't think you guys are allowed to rag on BotCon anymore for their shitty fan fiction with lines like that. :rolleyes: :p

Don't forget about "NAMOTORP"! LOL

Robimus
07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
That sounds really awesome!

Undrave
07-24-2013, 04:20 PM
This is ridiculously funny. How are you guys going to work Black Arachnia, Pathfinder and Crasher in there :p?

GMfan
07-24-2013, 07:02 PM

I didn't even know it was gonna be in there!!

...I did have a genuine chuckle over it...but then again I'm also egotistical...

UltraPrimal
07-24-2013, 07:06 PM
Don't forget about "NAMOTORP"! LOL
Oh! "Namotorp" is "Protoman" backwards! For some reason I didn't get that first read through. I just thought it was silly made-up name.

So if you decode the dialog, it says GM Fan is on Protoman. At least we know who's on top and who's on the bottom.

Ninjatron
07-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Blame Phil for that stuff. I was just the wrist on that.

There is, however, a secret message that I added on the second panel of the first page. Can anyone decipher it?

It's pretty likely that this will be the last full comic I draw for TFcon. I went back to school in a very demanding Video Game art program. I got really sick towards the end of the semester and so I was given extra time to finish the final projects. I went straight from that into drawing this comic, so I am exhausted. Next year at this time I'll be finished with the program I'll likely be looking for a job and/or trying to pay off my student loan. Other things are possible instead, but as far as 6-8 page comics go, it's likely that this will be the last one.

So, with all that said, if there is any interest purchasing a print of the last page of the comic (without text), please let me know here on this thread or on twitter (@SykoGrafix) and I will make a limited amount. They would be $5. I think that last image is a great souvenir that really encompasses everything that is "TFCon 2013" and would be a great thing to get signed by the voice actors. But I'm not going to go through the effort to make that happen unless people tell me that they'd buy one!

Sayonara.

Undrave
07-24-2013, 09:19 PM
I hope we one day get proper Lord Bikemurder and Trasher figures XD

Ninjatron
07-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I hope we one day get proper Lord Bikemurder and Trasher figures XD

Thrasher is actually based on Fracture, who is of course based on Crasher. Hopefully this information will not cause one's brain to Rupture.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Fracture_%28Movie%29

Basically I was told that I could draw whatever I wanted for Thrasher, and Fracture was suggested. So I drew Fracture but in a Hanna Barbara inspired style. If you have Fracture, you have Thrasher. And if you don't, then you've got something to hunt for this weekend. Hope you don't get scalped!

Sayonara.

Bruticus82
07-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Great job on the artwork as always Ninjatron! Top notch, love all of the pages, particularly knockout. You also really captured the animated style well with Arcee.

Oh, and Thrasher <3

chans formers
07-24-2013, 10:18 PM
lolz,namotorp:D

Undrave
07-24-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd love a Fracture but she sells for stupid ammount on Ebay andI'm affraid time constrait don't allow me to attend TFCon.

zuffyprime
07-25-2013, 12:07 AM
Ninjatron thanks for all your hard work on these comics,
they are, and have been awesome! Much appreciated.

I actually like the "GM fan" reference, and didn't get the protoman reference until it was mentioned here lol.

great job, can't wait to read the rest

JLvatron
07-25-2013, 12:27 PM
There is, however, a secret message that I added on the second panel of the first page. Can anyone decipher it?

It's pretty likely that this will be the last full comic I draw for TFcon.

Outstanding job as usual, Ninja & Phil! :)

Wow, too bad to hear it's your last Prelude comic. It was my pleasure making the comic with you all those years when I was still on the project.

Nice to hear about your academic endeavors. No doubt it sounds demanding!

The secret message... I'll have to pull out my notes from the 2010 comic hidden msgs... :o

JLvatron
07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
The secret message... I'll have to pull out my notes from the 2010 comic hidden msgs... :o

Got it! (and don't forget George Michael! :D )

It was a challenge to read the small font.
I couldn't read the Rodimus side panel.

Ninjatron
07-25-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks everybody.
Next year, we'll see. There might be something else I can do instead that won't take weeks to finish.

Couldn't get any prints made this time. Maybe I can make that happen later if there is a place nearby.

The message on the right side is too small to read, but I forget what it says. I think it was just "Ninjatron Rules" or something stupid like that.

Fun fact: In the script for the third page, the second panel called for 4 characters to be in the background. I wasn't having any of that, so I drew 10 instead. Can you name them all?

See you tomorrow!

Sayonara.