PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 60 - Thirst - Discussion

razin
06-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Here's the latest in Leader-1 vs Cy-kill

Google
(https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_5s7z10vYneSWFSUGQxaVhsLUk/edit?usp=sharing) FIXED

Le Torrent (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2060%20-%20Thirst.avi.torrent?1163D7C5CE28CB6D81A79BB3DE9C CEF4C22E4274)

SleeplessKnight
06-07-2013, 09:15 PM
That's last weeks episode on the google.

Outtsyder
06-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Here's a YouTube link for the time being:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgB1JYSLQt8

Perceptor
06-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Ok so I always thought Arachnid may get out somehow... but this is meh.
Overall don't like this episode much... the whole vampire thing. How does that contribute to the development of the Beast hunters plot really?
I do find that dialogue between Starscream and Knockout about feeling honoured to serve together etc kind of funny.
So now how many episodes left to the end of the season?

joshimus
06-07-2013, 11:51 PM
It was alright. Should make things more interesting even though there is like 10 more episodes left. I dunno. I liked Knockout and Starscreams "we're gonna die" talk

ConvoyGTR
06-08-2013, 12:11 AM
That was a fun filler ep until Mary Sue Arachnid showed up. Think I'm the only one who doesn't like that character. Anyways, if this was just a single horror/vampire/aliens filler ep then fine, but I donno if I want to see another ep of the same thing, but with Arachnid this time.

Really enjoyed the hijinks of Starscream and Knockout. Any excuse for more Knockout is a good thing. "I have always admired you're lustrous finish." Yep, alrighty.....

Though, another filler ep and nearing the ep of the series, time is running out for the Predacons to take charge and get enough proper screen time. It would be a shame if it was just all filler eps until the finale, and then the Preds do their thing.

And Soundwave, you smooth son of a bitch. I knew you were going to resolve that situation like a boss, and you didn't disappoint.

SleeplessKnight
06-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Knockout "admires" Starscreams "lustrous finish"... and then awkward silence?

Knockout has always been a bit flamboyant, but I guess that's his official coming out speech?

UltraPrimal
06-08-2013, 01:43 AM
It was kind of a fun episode. Much better than I thought it would be from the teaser.

Who do Knock Out and Starscream think they are? The Umbrella Corporation? Creating TF versions of Ganados.

The whole shoot them in the head thing was pretty funny.

And did anyone else expect Knock Out and Starscream to kiss after their little complements to each other?

Also, a surprising satisfying end for Silas/Cylas/Breakdown. Only thing I would have liked to see was Breakdown, the real Breakdown, get a word in since dark energon reanimated the dead. It would have been interesting to see and hear the tortured Silas fight against the zombified Breakdown. Which seemed to be case, but I guess they couldn't get Adam Baldwin back or something.

On the other hand, quite the lackluster end for Airachnid. I'm guessing she is doomed to die a slow death on Cybertron's moon? I assume after she runs out of of Insecticons to feed on, she'll just waste away and die. Either that or she and the Insecticons will eventually become just mindless zombies with the lack of energon. At least it seems like a bit of an IDW homage.

Commandoclone87
06-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Ok so I always thought Arachnid may get out somehow... but this is meh.
Overall don't like this episode much... the whole vampire thing. How does that contribute to the development of the Beast hunters plot really?
I do find that dialogue between Starscream and Knockout about feeling honoured to serve together etc kind of funny.
So now how many episodes left to the end of the season?

Considering how many vehicons the Autobots kill week after week, these zombies wiped out half of Megatron's forces. This forces him to bump up the deadline for the new Predacon troops.

northren prime
06-08-2013, 08:37 AM
i thought this was a fun filler episode to watch. it was also nice to see them bring back Silas for one last hurrah.

pandaprime
06-08-2013, 02:10 PM
I cannot connect to the Google link. This is the message I get :(

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.
:(

someguy99
06-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Soundwave the badass! Stares down the entire insecticon army and wins.
Why doesn't he just use his decepticoness and take over. What does he need Megatron for?

Nightscrabbler
06-08-2013, 10:24 PM
that spacebridge trick has gotten old

weird episode. It really feels like they're just making stuff up as they go along without much of a plan. And the G1 namedropping isn't cool... now the zombies are 'terrorcons'. Okay there.

On the plus side, it's good that some older plotlines are still in play.

Undrave
06-09-2013, 12:34 AM

weird episode. It really feels like they're just making stuff up as they go along without much of a plan. And the G1 namedropping isn't cool... now the zombies are 'terrorcons'. Okay there.

I kinda wish Soundwave had just beaten up Airachnid and taken her down. I don't know why Megatron didn't just crush her spark the moment he got hold of that darn stasis pod!

And the zombies have been refered to as Terrorcon since the first zombie Cliffjumper toy.

Commandoclone87
06-09-2013, 11:32 AM
I kinda wish Soundwave had just beaten up Airachnid and taken her down. I don't know why Megatron didn't just crush her spark the moment he got hold of that darn stasis pod!

And the zombies have been refered to as Terrorcon since the first zombie Cliffjumper toy.

Guess the bots will get a nasty surprise if they return to Cybertron. Funny how out of everyone that became infected, she retains all of her intelligence and abilities, whilw the others become mindless undead.

Alexander Quinn
06-09-2013, 12:17 PM
You've got to give this show props for being able to do a fun and entertaining episode that doesn't have a single Autobot appearance in it. I love that the Decepticons can carry the show every now and then. I don't think they've ever been so engaging in any of the other shows. Wish Michael Bay and his staff of ass-kissing yes men would take a lesson from this.

chans formers
06-09-2013, 12:44 PM
just finished watching it and it was a pretty decent episode imho.

so what was with the illuminati "all seeing eye" triangle over knockout's shoulder at 36 seconds in the lab?it's not a hanging light or anything and it actually moves a bit when the camera moves.
just me?

nice that silas got some more screen time and we now know that megs didn't simply have him disected.
i still think he has more upcoming potential screen time as to me it looks like after airachind opened up breakdown's chest,he simply passed out.(c'mon,the guy literally had a evil version of optimus dropped on top of him when he was still only human and survived that)

i didn't mind all the g1 name dropping either,but yeah,i was expecting more of a epic battle between soundwave and airrachnid,but i have to agree,the spacebridge trick kinda seems like a cop out.

makes me wonder now if the next time everyone returns to cybertron will it be infected with zombified insecticons ala idw?

ARCTrooperAlpha
06-09-2013, 12:52 PM

I don't know, it feels like they're wrapping up loose Decepticon ends. Now no one can complain why Megatron doesn't just send his army of super bug warriors to kill Team Prime.

just finished watching it and it was a pretty decent episode imho.

so what was with the illuminati "all seeing eye" triangle over knockout's shoulder at 36 seconds in the lab?it's not a hanging light or anything and it actually moves a bit when the camera moves.
just me?

nice that silas got some more screen time and we now know that megs didn't simply have him disected.
i still think he has more upcoming potential screen time as to me it looks like after airachind opened up breakdown's chest,he simply passed out.(c'mon,the guy literally had a evil version of optimus dropped on top of him when he was still only human and survived that)

i didn't mind all the g1 name dropping either,but yeah,i was expecting more of a epic battle between soundwave and airrachnid,but i have to agree,the spacebridge trick kinda seems like a cop out.

makes me wonder now if the next time everyone returns to cybertron will it be infected with zombified insecticons ala idw?

The only part I liked was Soundwave showing physical surprise at seeing Airachnid again. The fist clenching and the bodily jerk backwards.

The episode was ok, dialogue was fine. Don't like how infected zombies are written. Really hate the Insecticons slowly dying off because of Airachnid and Soundwave.

Seriously, Soundwave. You just needed to get Airachnid off the damn ship !!! Fresh soldiers don't grow from trees, predacons excluded.

ConvoyGTR
06-09-2013, 05:59 PM
^ You know what, Soundwave's plan was sound. But as soon as Airachnid went through the bridge, Soundwave should of closed it right then and there. Without Airachnid the Insecticons are once again loyal to Megatron. But no, this ep was about tying loose ends and wrapping things up.

someguy99
06-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Guess the bots will get a nasty surprise if they return to Cybertron. Funny how out of everyone that became infected, she retains all of her intelligence and abilities, whilw the others become mindless undead.

This is the way I interpret it. Following the lore of 'human horror movies', the troopers were drained of energon and thus died. The dark energon re-animated the trooper. Arachnid was only bitten and thus infected. That being said, infected implies that a synthetic energon/dark energon mix acts a like a virus changing the physiology of the host.
Otherwise how much of this synthetic energon/dark energon mix can be passed on in a bite? How much do you need to 'turn'? And wouldn't each subsequent bite from a host be diluted or at least burn itself out?

brr-icy
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
disappointment with airachnid back, should have had silas kill her off, she's the worst character in the show,

Metroplex79
06-10-2013, 10:11 AM
It was a great filler ep.

Things I took from this ep:
-Megatron thinks very little of Starscream. But it could have been the way he barged in, and started talking without making sure he had Megatron's full attention.
-I thought Silas was dead, the months of torture was an interesting way of having him one last time.
-Knockout's feelings toward experimenting with Brakedown's corpse
-Silas' line about Starscream's T-Cog and feeding it to Knockout was great
-Starscream's idea to use dark energon was great. But they obviously fell into the same flaw as Ratchet's error. The untested Synth-N should be tested on smaller non-sentient machines
-this definetly answers that question what happens when you mix dark Energon and Synth-N
-the range of emotions from Starscream and Knockout were great....both fear and comedic value.
-even them running was fun to watch, Decepticon warriors indeed
-that bit when Starscream threw Knockout under the bus was well played
-I found it facinating Knockout spent the time to watch human movies, I wonder how many he watched? and what other kind of movies he's watched? ;)
-great to see Airachnid fighting again, and getting splattered against the wall
-I believe Soundwave transported Airachnid and co to an asteroid rather than a moon....based on the display on his visor.
-homages to G1's "Dweller in the Depths" and Blade II
-outright stating Beast Machines was a nice touch
-interesting way to have Shockwave in the episode without being heard or even seen...as I read somewhere...bluetooth.
-didn't notice Airachnid's "bite" till my 3rd viewing
-Soundwave taking care of business again!!!
-if this had been a longer season, this could have been a great 2-parter
-Since Airachnid is not dead, how will her future appearances work? Unless it's been stated this was her last episode...
-awkward pause between Starscream and Knockout was funny

Even though it did not further the Beast Hunter's portion of the arc, this does help the Autobot's cause as half of the troops Megatron had is no longer available.

Here's a thought: if somehow Airachnid and co manages to make it to Cybertron, could they feed on the corpses? Sure, dead Autobots and Decepticons no longer have sparks, but are their dead like us? Once dead, our blood stops pumping and dries up. If you decaptitate a Cybertronian, sure some Energon is lost, but would there be enough remaining in their systems for the zombie Insecticons to feed and revive?

CyberMnky
06-10-2013, 04:13 PM
All I know is I need a new head for my Custom Cylas figure that Chan's made...

chans formers
06-10-2013, 06:41 PM
^say it ain't so,what happened?

Sokar
06-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Perhaps he means a new Breakdown head with the split jaw and robo tongue thing?

joshimus
06-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Was there no new episode this week? I thought "Minus One" was airing after "Thirst"
What's going on?

Commandoclone87
06-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Was there no new episode this week? I thought "Minus One" was airing after "Thirst"
What's going on?

2 week hiatus. Returns on June 28th.

CyberMnky
06-18-2013, 07:01 PM
^say it ain't so,what happened?

Perhaps he means a new Breakdown head with the split jaw and robo tongue thing?

Sokar guessed it - I wanna have Vampire/Zombie/Cylas/Breakdown with split jaw to gorge on vehicons