PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Toys R Us Canada Sale May 24th - 30th

Benzo
05-22-2013, 08:21 PM
From now until May 30th, Toys R Us is having a sale 50% off sale on all Transformers Prime deluxe figures. Regular price, $16.99 now $8.47. Thanks to Cybertron.ca member rid for the new.

rid
05-22-2013, 08:21 PM
As per title.
From May 24th to 30th, 2013.

takaraJoe
05-22-2013, 08:38 PM
so what under 10 bucks?

Matrix_Holder
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM
$8.49 by the looks of it, even better than winners price. Went back and grabbed a rumble for a buddy and I'll price adjust on Friday.

Shockwave 75
05-22-2013, 09:08 PM
If we knew what other Preds were going to be on the show I might be interested.

Scrapper6
05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
Hope I can still find Hot Shot, Dead End is probably readily available. Of course this all depends on the financial situation come Friday.

Wouldn't mind Rumble and Vehicon too, but I don't think anyone has found any Vehicons at Canadian Retail outside of Winners.

Matrix_Holder
05-22-2013, 09:19 PM
there have been many sightings of vehicons at walmart and RCSS.

Goaliebot
05-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Prime only, not Beast Hunters?

Commandoclone87
05-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Time to get a Dead End then.

Nomad
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Pretty sure I've already got everything I want in regards to Prime Deluxes (even stuff like Rumble & Vehicon hah), but it'll give me an excuse to go shopping, so... :)

pandaprime
05-22-2013, 10:58 PM
Pretty sure I've already got everything I want in regards to Prime Deluxes (even stuff like Rumble & Vehicon hah), but it'll give me an excuse to go shopping, so... :)

need....more....VEHICONS :yelling:

Nomad
05-22-2013, 11:09 PM
5 ain't good enough hah?

Dragon Knight
05-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Shame this does not apply to voyagers. I'd happily grab an Ultra Magnus for 50% off.

Metroplex79
05-22-2013, 11:35 PM
I haven't been able to touch one deluxe in any store...never even saw one at regular price.

I refuse to buy online at inflated prices.

I have patience...6 Cyberverse ones isn't quite the same.

sachiel_ca
05-23-2013, 12:07 AM

They just stocked a bin with 4 cases of deluxe at the end of the day. So plenty of Deadend and 4 Arachnid.

The 12th Prime
05-23-2013, 01:46 AM
there have been many sightings of vehicons at walmart and RCSS.

Wow, really? I know I found a Vehicon at RCSS a couple of weeks ago but I never seen any of that PRID wave at any of the Wally worlds I frequent. There's still a PRID Cliffjumper on clearance at my local Walmart :banghead:

Rogue_Optimus
05-23-2013, 03:36 AM

need....ONE....VEHICONS :yelling:

Scrapper6
05-23-2013, 10:13 AM
I have long held the belief that two of any deluxe Vehicons is more than plenty for troop building purposes, the Decepticons/Predacons already outnumber the Autobots with named characters alone, hell the Voyager Autobots consist solely of Primes, Bulkheads and Magni so really for every two Decepticon Voyagers you've got one Autobot Voyager if you buy all the variants/different molds of a given character in that size class you're still outnumbered counting all the Arms Micron characters. (Still hopeful to own War Breakdown eventually.)

So yeah, buying five or more Vehicons in deluxe scale strikes me as a bit on the gluttonous/overkill department. Especially when there are a large number of fans and children who don't even own one yet.

I still can't fathom why Hasbro insisted on re-stocking Bumblebee in the cases instead of going for more Vehicons, quite frankly it's a no brainer that they are highly sought after and worth the money... Of course Hasbro makes a profit from the case sales no matter who's stocked in them.

All I know is, with any luck and some great providence I'll have every deluxe figure I wanted out of PRID over a year after they were meant to come out. Provided Rumble might be around hidden in the back to be brought out with a new case the day the sale starts.

I'm kind of still debating the SS BB, since he does have a similar paint job on the show and I'm not sure if I want the BH remold in that colour scheme. Ordinarily I'd skip the BB Repaints, but then again, at 8$ and change it isn't that much to spend. Although I'd probably still prefer a 5$ sale during the summer to get a figure I'm not really interested in.

Metroplex79
05-23-2013, 10:26 AM
We know Hasbro acknowledges "troop builder" fans. Look at the numerous and various "Clone Troopers", "Stormtroopers", "Battle Droids", "Rebel Troopers", and "Super Battle Droids" released and re-released.

Maybe it's their Transformers division that lacks this concept, whereas their Star Wars division knows what their fan wants more of...

Goaliebot
05-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Prime only, not Beast Hunters?

Yeah, it's Prime only, not Beast Hunters or FOC.

Bruticus82
05-24-2013, 08:48 AM
We know Hasbro acknowledges "troop builder" fans. Look at the numerous and various "Clone Troopers", "Stormtroopers", "Battle Droids", "Rebel Troopers", and "Super Battle Droids" released and re-released.

Maybe it's their Transformers division that lacks this concept, whereas their Star Wars division knows what their fan wants more of...

I'd buy 8 vehicons if they all came with slightly different battle damage paint apps!

No wait...I wouldn't...but I'm sure some people would.

Matrix_Holder
05-26-2013, 12:17 AM
I grabbed a Kup at the burlington TRU and there is one left in the bin near the TF isle, there is also 3 airachnids which is weird cause I know everyone is looking for her, lol. I also took all 7 vehicons that were there even though I have 6 already, MWAAA HAAAA HAAA...J/K there were none there at all...but I do have an army of 6 of them already from last year.

faustx
05-26-2013, 02:42 AM
Nice one...will stock up with the rest of the troop builders...

Nomad
05-26-2013, 02:28 PM
... and that's what I just did. :)

Undrave
05-26-2013, 10:21 PM
I grabbed a Kup at the burlington TRU and there is one left in the bin near the TF isle, there is also 3 airachnids which is weird cause I know everyone is looking for her, lol. I also took all 7 vehicons that were there even though I have 6 already, MWAAA HAAAA HAAA...J/K there were none there at all...but I do have an army of 6 of them already from last year.

I got a Cyberverse Airachnid, she's great.

Even at 50% I'm not buying the flying lobster turd that is the deluxe one.

Then again there's plenty of her, maybe we could troop build her and pretend she's a female type of vehicon :rofl:

joshimus
05-26-2013, 10:59 PM
I wish I could find Prid Vehicons. :( That aside, did snag me my second Rumble on sale so now I can repaint the twins for my SW display. Was considering selling Rumble if I couldn't find me another one for Frenzy. I'm good now....but damn I would love a couple more Vehicons. One isn't enough.
I keep telling myself I can merge a couple Air Arachnids to make a better figure but then I look at the figure and think how much the effort is NOT worth it.

Nomad
05-27-2013, 03:42 AM
Honestly, all I did with mine was unscrew the backpack & hold her little coatails in with sticky tack, and she looks great in my Decepticon con display opposing Knockout. I even got her to stand. :)

freakx2001
05-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Was at my local TRU on Saturday, and seen no signage for this at all. Not that there was anything I wanted, but FAIL on their part. Stickers all said $16.xx

Autobot_Orion
05-28-2013, 11:39 AM
I haven't been able to touch one deluxe in any store...never even saw one at regular price.

I refuse to buy online at inflated prices.

I have patience...6 Cyberverse ones isn't quite the same.
I have yet to see a single Vehicon on shelf in Edmonton also.

pandaprime
05-31-2013, 12:29 AM
i did not participate in this sale :(

wedge1021
05-31-2013, 01:04 AM
Looks like this sale worked at my local TRU. There were about a dozen pegs full of all wave PRiD deluxes a couple weeks ago, now most have been bought up.

Commandoclone87
05-31-2013, 01:10 AM
We had a several Pegs of PRID and a bin full of them at our TRU. Last I checked, we were down to one Peg left.