PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us Canada Transformers Sale May 3rd - 9th

Benzo
05-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks again to Metroplex79 for letting us know that Toys R Us will be having a 30% off sale on all Transformers figures and vehicles. Sale starts Friday May 3rd - 9th and excludes Kre-O and clearance items.

Metroplex79
05-02-2013, 08:45 AM
This is the sale we've been waiting for!!! (kinda)

30% off ALL* Figures and Vehicles
* excludes clearance and Kre-O

Sample:
BH Bumblebee $11.87 (reg. $16.99)

Goaliebot
05-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Sweet! Now if only my TRU would stock more than 1 new thing at a time.

PrimeCron
05-02-2013, 08:49 AM
AWESOMENESS.... I'm getting some money back... Thank you Metroplex79 for this amazing news... you have made my day...

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Whoo-hoo!

DecepticonusPrime
05-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Hmm... Has Smokescreen started to show up?

Does anyone know which of the Beasts has/will show up in the actual show? Other than Predaking, of course... I'm a show-only kind of guy. :)

malteselegacy
05-02-2013, 11:51 AM
Damn. Threw out my receipt for Shockwave that I bought the other day!!

wervenom
05-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Price adustment time for Blaster and the cassettes. Whoo hoo!

ninjha
05-02-2013, 12:50 PM
So much does Grimlock and Balster come up to with this sale?

Metroplex79
05-02-2013, 01:09 PM
So much does Grimlock and Balster come up to with this sale?
Most likely $20.87 + tax.

dr.snakeman
05-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Damn. Threw out my receipt for Shockwave that I bought the other day!!

Same here!:argh:

Nomad
05-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Doubt the Kelowna store will have anything past BH wave 1, but that'll at least get me a Wheeljack :)

MitchPoer
05-02-2013, 08:41 PM
I passed up on Blaster today...will go get him tomorow then hehe

babbayagga
05-02-2013, 09:13 PM
I passed up on Blaster today...will go get him tomorow then hehe

Thinking the exact same thing..... Grimlock lonely!!

gemwolf
05-02-2013, 10:10 PM
i have question i hope some can answer. i bought the voyager shockwave today at a local toys r us - i didnt want to wait tomorrow as it may get snagged and im hanging on my receipt like no tomorrow! - they said they can price adjust. what i forgot to ask them was, do i need to bring the toy back to the store or can my receipt be enough to get adjusted?

Bruticus
05-02-2013, 10:13 PM
i have question i hope some can answer. i bought the voyager shockwave today at a local toys r us - i didnt want to wait tomorrow as it may get snagged and im hanging on my receipt like no tomorrow! - they said they can price adjust. what i forgot to ask them was, do i need to bring the toy back to the store or can my receipt be enough to get adjusted?

Just the receipt for price adjustments. Anything purchased within the last 45 days qualifies.

gemwolf
05-02-2013, 10:19 PM
^sweeeeeeet - thanks ........ now time to open him!

Tekkamanraiden
05-02-2013, 10:29 PM
Wohoo money back for Grimlock, if I can find the receipt.

MitchPoer
05-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Wohoo money back for Grimlock, if I can find the receipt.

haha you gave me the idea of looking in the recycling bin to dig out my grimlock receipt woohoo 10$ back

Goaliebot
05-03-2013, 08:05 AM
BH Shockwave (and BH wave 2 deluxe) went up on the tru website today, but of course Shockwave is sold out.

Rev
05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
I think I will get a second Grimlock to display in alt mode.

OptimusNIXX
05-03-2013, 08:47 AM
BH Shockwave (and BH wave 2 deluxe) went up on the tru website today, but of course Shockwave is sold out.

Just grabbed a smokescreen at less than $12... even saved the gas to hunt around

TRU just listed FOC Kickback and Starscream but all sold out before 8am ET... sigh...

razin
05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Sweet, and I just picked up BH Shockwave yesterday. Price adjustment time!

Nomad
05-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Awesome :)

Perceptor
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Just the receipt for price adjustments. Anything purchased within the last 45 days qualifies.

My experience tells me they do returns up to 45 days, but price adjustment only (without physically returning the toy) for 14 days after purchase. Is that anyone else's experience?

Nomad
05-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Depends on the store/person you encounter. Technically speaking, I believe the adjustment period is only 15 days, but sometimes we'll get lucky on account of it being less of a hassle than returning shit & then buying it again.

OptimusNIXX
05-03-2013, 11:29 PM
My experience tells me they do returns up to 45 days, but price adjustment only (without physically returning the toy) for 14 days after purchase. Is that anyone else's experience?

45 days shouldn't be a problem... I think over the past few years, there was only once or twice (out of about 10 a year) of price adjustment that I encountered some hassle between 15 and 45 days of purchase period... it was a success at the end as I told them I could refund and repurchase again so they let me do it...

pulsedragon20
05-04-2013, 12:43 AM

I have years of experience in this, at least at all the TRUs in Montreal :D

You can price match up to 45 days with no issues usually, I just say to the CSR "I bought this (or "these") and they went on sale this week"

If the CSR really makes a big stink then take advantage of their SKU system for a "return" ;) ...not going to go into more details here

Jove
05-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Everything new is sold out. Why bother advertising when things are sold out in minutes?

OptimusNIXX
05-04-2013, 10:29 AM
All sold out items are still being listed as "Out of Stock", except FOC Kickback which has been removed from the website today for some reason.

Abraxys
05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Everything new is sold out. Why bother advertising when things are sold out in minutes?

I KNOW! I dont understand this distribution? Why put NEW stock on sale and then let the old stuff sit? They SHOULD be putting old stock = sale. New stock = no sale.....i dont get it -_-

wervenom
05-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Got my price adjustment for Blaster and the Autobot Data Discs

pulsedragon20
05-04-2013, 12:15 PM
toysrus.ca is so stupid because they slowly "put out" products on to the site instead of all at once

ex:
Generations Deluxe UM (listed yesterday),

PRiD
-voyager BH (listed today),
-dlx Arachnid, Dead End and SS BB (today)

...and others I never saw but others did :D

PRID in stock@ toysrus.ca as of this moment

Arachnid
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=13008081

Shadow Strike BB
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=13008080

Dead End
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=13008079

Metroplex79
05-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Crazy theory time:

toysrus.ca tracks how many certain products are sold on their website. Once a certain number is reached, they send X number of cases with that same product to the store closest to that postal code.

Thinking that area wants these items.

This is probably why some stores have multiple cases of new waves, while others have half-empty shelves with old waves...which might also explain how the website is "sold out" of certain figures.

I've been to 4 different TRU in 3 days, only 1 had Generations UM, Starscream, Sideswipe, and Air Raid on the shelf.

Or an even crazier theory:

The opposite of my above theory.

Thinking that to improve sales at certain stores, they send products away from good performing stores to poor performing stores. Based on the postal codes of the online sales. So that you have to go those stores to get them.

:innocent:

:p

:rolleyes:

Nomad
05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
Or an even simpler theory. Stores get x amount of something based on whatever truck is scheduled to arrive first. Once that one's taken care of, more shit goes to the next. Some stores get lucky, while others don't. :)

Goaliebot
05-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Real theory: a chicken is set in front of a special keyboard that has one key for each store and a key for online. Corn is then scattered randomly across the keyboard and the chicken pecks at it. A case of new toys is then sent to each store that gets pecked.

Jove
05-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Real theory: a chicken is set in front of a special keyboard that has one key for each store and a key for online. Corn is then scattered randomly across the keyboard and the chicken pecks at it. A case of new toys is then sent to each store that gets pecked.

I'd have less of a problem if this theory was actually correct. My real fear is that there is a team of paid employees working fairly hard to get us the product that we want. They just SUCK ASS at it.

Can I say "ass" here?

cybertitan129
05-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Checking toysrus last night, i was disappointed to find the lock and the wave voyagers had been harvested. Just to my surprise, shockwave had returned the next morning. For some dark magic, i certainly got the better end of the trick. Oh how i love my shocky :D

pulsedragon20
05-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Checking toysrus last night, i was disappointed to find the lock and the wave voyagers had been harvested. Just to my surprise, shockwave had returned the next morning. For some dark magic, i certainly got the better end of the trick. Oh how i love my shocky :D

damn TRU

Does this mean I have to check the website at least 4 times a day...

Also, as of this moment, TRU remove the out of stock items from their site except a few

The 12th Prime
05-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Yep! Close the store in Peterborough. Open a new store in North Oshawa (because those PTBO people don't like to shop in their town anyway North Oshawa 70km away ought to be close enough for them) but don't put any Transformers in there those things don't sell anyway send them to Whitby! On the positive side I did find a Lego Boba Fett alarm clock for my son. The only one I've seen in my travels so far in this country, lol. Supposedly it's been out before last christmas.

Grayfox
05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
My theory:

TRU.ca is actually 'managed' as a TRU brick n mortar store. Meaning they get X cases of a wave, usually not that many (same as a B&M store would get), they get listed online, then sell out very quickly due to the small quantities.

Then I suspect the computer is programed to completely remove the product listing if it's been sold out for x amount of time. And once they get some more in, the listing goes back on the website.

I think my theory mostly makes sense. And honestly, if that really is how they operate the website, it's a system that works. They just need to stop treating this website as a B&M store and start treating it like a freaking national online store. Meaning more stock. They certainly would get more sales that way.

Goaliebot
05-04-2013, 10:11 PM
This hassle right now is just practice for this fall's SOUNDWAVENIGHTMARE (tm).

Mystic Metal
05-04-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm just wondering, since we already have SKU #'s for some really high interest items here (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=45781), can we not just provide those SKU's and get a raincheck for the discount?

Nomad
05-05-2013, 03:31 AM
As long as they can be converted into a UPC, it should work :)

Not saying we'll have any of those in a month, but eh. That's another bridge to cross, I guess hah.

pandaprime
05-05-2013, 03:49 AM
best sale so far this year. :) I picked up all FOC deluxes wave 2 and 3 at my local stores

pulsedragon20
05-05-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm just wondering, since we already have SKU #'s for some really high interest items here (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=45781), can we not just provide those SKU's and get a raincheck for the discount?

Not exactly...If there are TFs in stock with the SKU you're looking they won't give you a raincheck

ex.
If I want BH dlx Starscream (not in stock) but they have dlx BB, Laserback and/or Soundawave in stock they will not give you one usually...unless you make a really really big scene

wervenom
05-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Not exactly...If there are TFs in stock with the SKU you're looking they won't give you a raincheck

ex.
If I want BH dlx Starscream (not in stock) but they have dlx BB, Laserback and/or Soundawave in stock they will not give you one usually...unless you make a really really big scene

Actually I had quite the opposite experience. Long before MP Thundercracker was realeased I was given raincheques for him. At my local TRU so long as the sku is in their system they can give you a raincheque for it but then again it might depend on the associate. No harm in asking though

pandaprime
05-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Actually I had quite the opposite experience. Long before MP Thundercracker was realeased I was given raincheques for him. At my local TRU so long as the sku is in their system they can give you a raincheque for it but then again it might depend on the associate. No harm in asking though

yeh but there was no other figure for the MP Thundercracker SKU except that one. It was a one figure SKU :)

wervenom
05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
yeh but there was no other figure for the MP Thundercracker SKU except that one. It was a one figure SKU :)

Fair enough but I have done the same with others as well. PRID figures for example. What I have done is asked for wave 2 figures on a raincheque when wave 1 was released and they did it for me. Again it may just be the TRU that I usually shop at but honestly I have never had any issues with raincheques.

pulsedragon20
05-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Fair enough but I have done the same with others as well. PRID figures for example. What I have done is asked for wave 2 figures on a raincheque when wave 1 was released and they did it for me. Again it may just be the TRU that I usually shop at but honestly I have never had any issues with raincheques.

Very YMMV.

A couple of years ago there was a sale of TFs for 40% off and there literally nothing on the shelves (on the 1st day of the sale) and I ask for a raincheck, and they refused (specifically TRU Angrignon and Pointe-Claire in Montreal). They said that it will be in stock mid week, so I went to 2 of them and no dice.

So the day before the sale ended I went back to TRU (Angrignon) to get a raincheck again and said that they did not receive any for the whole week or any other TRUs for a matter of fact and they still refused me...BUT I told them that "the stock boy at the beginning of the sale told me that they would received them, that you basically lied to my face and made me travel all around town".

At that point, the manager finally said yes but "this is the only time that we would make an exception"...

*I was "nice" throughout the whole process, not yelling and remained calm (even joking with them)...which means being nice doesn't always help

After this incident, I try to screw them over as much as possible :D