PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Kre-O Sale at Toys R Us April 26rd - May 2nd

Benzo
04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks to forum member Metroplex79 for letting us know that Toys R Us will be having a 30% off Sale on all Transformers Kre-o sets. The sale is on right now and ends on May 2nd. Sale excludes clearance items.

Metroplex79
04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
30% off ALL Kre-O sets.
*excludes clearance. Selection varies.

Sample:
Ripclaw Strike $17.47 (reg $24.99)

Was hoping for a deluxe figure sale, oh well. There's always something to buy.

Vain
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
The ripclaw set was half off for the longest time though...

Scrapper6
04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
The ripclaw set was half off for the longest time though...

Which is when I bought it. :D

Question, is this all Kre-O Transformers sets only or will Star Trek and G.I.Joe be included? Er and Battleship too I guess, but most Battleship sets are either long gone or part of Clearance.

Metroplex79
04-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Which is when I bought it. :D

Question, is this all Kre-O Transformers sets only or will Star Trek and G.I.Joe be included? Er and Battleship too I guess, but most Battleship sets are either long gone or part of Clearance.
The ad does say:

"ALL* KRE-O sets"

So I'm guessing Battleship and GI Joe are included.

I just put Transformers in the subject line to get the news mods' attention.

Undrave
04-25-2013, 03:43 PM
I wonder if that includes the Micro Changers... might be tempted to pick up another combiner team.

Metroplex79
04-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I wonder if that includes the Micro Changers... might be tempted to pick up another combiner team.
I got Devastator and Superion during this sale. Last ones on the shelves, maybe TRU are not restocking these guys.

Are there anybody still buying the other Kre-O sets? or are most people saving their pennies for the upcoming Generations stuff?

Scrapper6
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
I got Devastator and Superion during this sale. Last ones on the shelves, maybe TRU are not restocking these guys.

Are there anybody still buying the other Kre-O sets? or are most people saving their pennies for the upcoming Generations stuff?

My last Generations purchase was either FoC Shockwave or some older figures from C4 last November, I haven't FOUND anything besides Voyager Soundwave and I'm not too keen on him, even though I'm interested in his Data Disk lackeys, but I'm waiting for a sale before going after them.

Most of my purchases of late have either been Kre-O sets or numerous blind bag products, I must have spent at least 50$ alone in the past few weeks on blind bags. Stupid addictive buggers.

Unfortunately TRU doesn't seem to have re-stocked the Joe Kreons since they first hit a little close to two weeks ago, which is making me feel a bit anxious as I'd like to have a full set of 12 dang it, and if they only ordered so much and Hasbro only produced so much I am seriously going to be pissed off.

There really aren't many Kre-O sets to get for Transformers this year, I've picked up everything Kre-O related from the Beast Hunters line so far except for BN Bumblebee and BB Optimus, which TRU didn't have in stock so I couldn't snag either of those yet via the 30% off sale and Wal-Mart is a friggen joke, as most of them seem to stock Kre-O in very short supplies ever since Battleship tanked.

I'm beginning to think I'll be stuck with one combiner each and have to choose Combined or Robot mode for the Kreon parts, since getting duplicates seems all but impossible. I certainly hope Wave Two with the Seacons, Protectabots and Terrorcons won't be too hard to find at Retail.

So far during this sale I've managed to get Transporter Trouble at reduced pricing, for which I am extremely pleased and the Thunderwave Jetboat, I'm aiming to have the other two larger Joe sets before the sale ends if all goes according to plan, because 30% off makes them highly sought after.

If they stocked any of the larger Star Trek sets I might be tempted to grab one of them too, depending on which one is stocked first.

Hell if I had the money I'd be tempted to grab another Jetboat, that Joe Water Craft and the little Cobra One are fairly decent looking, but I'd be stuck with double Kreons and I don't think I could get rid of those.

If stores would stock the next wave of Generations deluxes I might be picking up FoC Starscream and such, but considering how damn hard it is to find anything at Retail I'll stick with the more accessible Kre-O merchandise and get Generations if they ever show up. And if I'm in the mood for them after the hype has worn down.

Metroplex79
04-29-2013, 09:21 AM
^ Yeah. I believe I went to a TRU last week, and there was a full box of GI Joe blind packs, and when I stopped by yesterday morning, there was nothing, not even the empty case.

I'm not sure who dropped the ball on thinking the Battleship Kre-O was going to sell. But I guess if you have a lot of space, and don't collect much, most of the Battleship sets can be great for GI Joe fodder.

I feel the GI Joe sets are better than TFs, but I have no room to build them. I'd rather have the minifigs, they're cheaper than getting the 3.75 inch figures.

Scrapper6
04-29-2013, 09:46 AM
^ Yeah. I believe I went to a TRU last week, and there was a full box of GI Joe blind packs, and when I stopped by yesterday morning, there was nothing, not even the empty case.

I'm not sure who dropped the ball on thinking the Battleship Kre-O was going to sell. But I guess if you have a lot of space, and don't collect much, most of the Battleship sets can be great for GI Joe fodder.

I feel the GI Joe sets are better than TFs, but I have no room to build them. I'd rather have the minifigs, they're cheaper than getting the 3.75 inch figures.

In theory then, were I to pick up a second Thunderwave Boat you might be interested in Stalker, Cutter and Copperhead?

Metroplex79
04-29-2013, 09:48 AM
In theory then, were I to pick up a second Thunderwave Boat you might be interested in Stalker, Cutter and Copperhead?
Depends....depends on how much you're charging me for them and shipping.
:p

Scrapper6
04-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Depends....depends on how much you're charging me for them and shipping.
:p

Right, gotta think over anything before comitting, it's still 25$ for the set even with 30% off after all and I did want to get one of everything Joe wise before I started going duplicate crazy.