PDA

View Full Version : TFcon 2013 Exclusive Van Guardian Profile

Super_Megatron
04-24-2013, 04:13 PM
VAN GUARDIAN
ALLEGIANCE: Heroic Gobits
FUNCTION: Chief of Security
“You honestly think you can get past me?”

Profile: Graduating top of his class from the Heroic Gobit Academy, VAN GUARDIAN was immediately assigned to important security duty on his home world. When the war broke out and BIKEMURDER raided GOBITRON, VAN GUARDIAN and his team were captured only to be rescued by CAPTAIN-1 and his crew. Impressed with how long he was able to hold up against almost impossible odds, CAPTAIN-1 recruited VAN GUARDIAN for his Earth team as the Gobit war continued to rage on the other side of the galaxy. Opting for the new generation modifier design his new body is now ready for whatever battle may come his way. Many younger Gobits and academy students look up to him. Smart, tactical and courageous, VAN GUARDIAN is one talented bot.

Abilities: Robot mode flight and high powered laser blasts from his fists which are standard with almost all Gobits. With his new body, he now has an optional high impact battle mask and SHOCK GUN for when he needs to protect his fellow Gobits. He also possesses a unique ability to detect close by enemy scanner devices keeping him always a step ahead of the enemy.

Weaknesses: If VAN GUARDIAN has one fault it is that he is very arrogant. He sometimes thinks the battle is won way before the final shot is fired and that tends to get him in some serious situations. Being revered by so many Gobitronians has gone to his head.

Keep an eye on this spot for the 2nd TFcon 2013 exclusive profile reveal before TFcon 2013 registration goes online May 1st at 9am.

TFcon, the world's largest fan-run Transformers convention (http://www.tfcon.ca/) will take place July 26th to 28th, 2013 in Toronto, Ontario at the Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre. TFcon 2013 features Canada's largest dealer room for Transformers merchandise, question and answer panels and autograph sessions with many special guests including Transformers voice actor DICK GAUTIER the voice of RODIMUS PRIME with more to be announced. The TFcon 2013 hotel block is now available (http://www.deltameadowvale.com/gcctfc0713).

Crobot91
04-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Cool, I'm guessing iGear Hench (a.k.a. not-Brawn) will be re-painted as Gobot Vanguard...

http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Regular/Vanguard.html

Janitor
04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
LOL loving it!

I patiently await more adventures from the likes of Tricycle, Tiny Shoes, Forks, Boost, Heli, Suit-n-Tie, Intentional Automobile Accident, Keyser Soze, and Med-Student Count McHappy

General Tekno
04-24-2013, 05:02 PM
REALLY hope the second exclusive is the PE Motobot repainted as BikeMurder, regardless of what gender that toy may project.

The name is just too awesome to NOT use for an exclusive.

Stapler
04-24-2013, 09:17 PM
@Tekno: Bikemurder sounds like a perfect fit for the Brimstone/Chopsaw mold. :D

So is the "1" in Captain-1 French? You know, to emphasize the fact that this is a Canadan convention. Captain-Une! :p

CobraCommander
04-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Ha ha gobits... I've always been fond of gobutts myself :p

Matrix_Holder
04-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Hench looks good on the shelf as brawn but has design flaws, I don't even play with it. I stayed a way from the other repaint of the mold...I'll reserve judgment til I see price and final product. That being said, I love the whole "go bit" theme.

zuffyprime
04-25-2013, 01:14 AM
Wow, absolutely brilliant! I love the bio... murderbike, captain-1,
fantastic :) Can't wait to see the toy!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
04-25-2013, 02:15 AM
I might just have to pick one of these up. Never been to a TFCon before, but I can't resist a Gobot homage.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Who wrote this,cause I'm giving this man a drink (If Daniel,a glass of oj)

Metroplex79
04-25-2013, 09:04 AM
....Never been to a TFCon before,...
WTF?
;)

Sounds interesting. Curious to see what else is part of the lineup.

An insane, way-out-there idea is 3rd Party Jewel Lords.
:D

Malwave
04-25-2013, 09:48 AM
LOL loving it!

I patiently await more adventures from the likes of Tricycle, Tiny Shoes, Forks, Boost, Heli, Suit-n-Tie, Intentional Automobile Accident, Keyser Soze, and Med-Student Count McHappy

WTF?
;)

Sounds interesting. Curious to see what else is part of the lineup.

An insane, way-out-there idea is 3rd Party Jewel Lords.
:D

:rofl:STOP! stop! My sides, they hurt!

Metroplex79
04-25-2013, 10:09 AM
:rofl:STOP! stop! My sides, they hurt!
Maybe this'll calm you down...here's another idea:

A family of Jewel Lords, fully loaded with weapons, and packaged in a specially marked sack.

Scaleface
04-25-2013, 10:48 AM
I wonder if it's the Hench mold, or maybe the Bushwacker mold, or a combination of the two.

Malwave
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Maybe this'll calm you down...here's another idea:

A family of Jewel Lords, fully loaded with weapons, and packaged in a specially marked sack.

I see what you did there and I liked it. :rofl:

In all seriousness though, I've seen some speculation at to this possibly being a Hench repaint. I hope more for Not-Gears as Hench was a REALLY weak mold IMO.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
I wonder if it's the Hench mold, or maybe the Bushwacker mold, or a combination of the two.
Possibly. The "optional battle mask" part does narrow things down quite a bit.

Metroplex79
04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
I see what you did there and I liked it. :rofl:
It would be great to...expand on last year's Shafter idea.

Back on topic, as long as the price points of this year's exclusives are like last year, I don't see a problem with it.

Scaleface
05-01-2013, 08:12 AM
Van Guard Approves of this thread:

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/images/4/40/Vanguard-cotg.jpg

Anyways, I'm trying to flesh out the Van Guard wiki page in honor of him being the inspiration for the TFcon exclusive this year. If anyone has anything to add, please do so.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Van_Guard

Protoman
05-02-2013, 12:54 AM
Van Guard Approves of this thread:

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/images/4/40/Vanguard-cotg.jpg

Anyways, I'm trying to flesh out the Van Guard wiki page in honor of him being the inspiration for the TFcon exclusive this year. If anyone has anything to add, please do so.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Van_Guard

I can add a lot but I have no time right now. I more or less watched every Gobot episode in existence and know the character like the back of my hand.

Metroplex79
05-02-2013, 03:43 PM
If we can't get a family of Jewel Lords type of homages (see my above posts), would using Crane Brain this year too close to last year's idea?

Scaleface
05-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I can add a lot but I have no time right now. I more or less watched every Gobot episode in existence and know the character like the back of my hand.

So at the end of the TFcon 2013 comic Van Guardian will be trapped in a pit cement by Mixmaster, then forgotten by his team-mates?

Protoman
05-06-2013, 12:22 PM
So at the end of the TFcon 2013 comic Van Guardian will be trapped in a pit cement by Mixmaster, then forgotten by his team-mates?

I'm damn impressed that you remember that episode.

I feel like I am the only one that watched all the Gobot episodes.

UltraPrimal
05-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Any chance we'll see some pics of Van Guardian and Roswell soon? Like very soon?

Super_Megatron
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Any chance we'll see some pics of Van Guardian and Roswell soon? Like very soon?

Very soon is subjective :) However, pics will be available before the close of registration.

Mike
05-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Really glad to see last years and this years figure a stand alone figure, good job guys! As with a few previous releases, you needed another toy to even make the exclusive toy useable. Glad to see the ever awesomeness of last years exclusive, continued!

Shafter was friggin great! This is lookin to be a great exclusive figure as well!