PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 71 - Wake Up Weary Wendel

GMfan
04-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Over a year a ago, a man joined this podcast...a quiet, yet often funny man...his one and only fear, to stand before all, take the spotlight, and host a Transformers discussion podcast with some fellow nerds. Today listeners, bear witness as this fear has been broken through, the shackles tossed asunder, and thrown into the molten pit of hell!! For today is the day that the young woodland nymph known as Wendel Jawz D. punched his demon in the face, grabbed the microphone, thrust it upon his mouth, and doth protested "WELCOME TO CANADIAN SLAG!!!"

Canadian Slag Episode 71 - Wake Up Weary Wendel (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2071%20-%20Wake%20Up%20Weary%20Wendel.mp3)
Host: Wendel w/ Ian, Daniel, and Chris
Listener questions:
- Chaddicus - What is the one item that has eluded you to this point or that took you the longest to find?
- FEZaid/@Zaid_The_Great - Which combiner do you want to see from Hasbro create?
- Stapler/@Medikor83 - What would you guys like to see out of the TF4 movie's toyline? More complexity like RotF? Bases like DotM? Something all new?
- @Laezerwolf - What new(ish) non-third-party figures do you anticipate will become valuable in the future?
- TeamZoth - Who do you think is the most fan favorite of all the TF's? excluding Optimus, and Bumblebee...

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2071%20-%20Wake%20Up%20Weary%20Wendel.mp3)

FOLLOW CANADIAN SLAG ON TWITTER AND BE READY WHEN WE LOOK FOR LISTENER QUESTIONS! (https://twitter.com/#%21/CanadianSlag)

Please e-mail any questions or topic ideas to canadianslag@gmail.com

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW! (http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/cybertron.ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858?ign-mpt=uo%3D4)

Stapler
04-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Sounds like it'll be a fun episode. Looking forward to sitting down and giving it a listen. :)

FEZaid
04-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Had a great time listening to it. Sorry I wasn't clear with my question, you still answered it though.

Protoman
04-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Good ol' Wendel.

Jawz. D
04-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Special appearance by Russel Brand.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Special appearance by Russel Brand.

Why does a part of me want Russel Brand and Jimmy Stewart having a robit discussion?

Malwave
04-04-2013, 01:07 PM
*cracks knuckles* ALRIGHT

1) What is the one item that has eluded you to this point or that took you the longest to find?

that would be my 2001 Botcon Tigatron; took me a few years to finally track one down....should have grabbed the last one I saw at TFcon 2010. :primelaugh:

2) Which combiner do you want to see from Hasbro create?

Wouldn't mind a reimagining of Magnaboss myself

3) What would you guys like to see out of the TF4 movie's toyline? More complexity like RotF? Bases like DotM? Something all new?

Fuck the movie line. :p. Nah nah, I kid. Personally, I want standard robits with no stupid gimmicks. Kids'll buy toys with or without gimmicks; you just need to make them easier to transform and play with.

4) What new(ish) non-third-party figures do you anticipate will become valuable in the future?

(note to self, read the question next time) No idea...Metroplex I guess?

5) Who do you think is the most fan favorite of all the TF's? excluding Optimus, and Bumblebee...

Are we talking for the kids or for the fangirls?

Because if it's the fangirls....Starscream. Just look at DeviantART. You can't say I'm wrong :|

okay fine I'll answer this seriously. God. :p

I'm leaning toward either Prime Wheeljack or Bulkhead for the current shows, since Bulkhead's a giant truck that smashes stuff, and Wheeljack has swords. Everyone likes swords.....right?

GMfan
04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
that would be my 2001 Botcon Tigatron; took me a few years to finally track one down....should have grabbed the last one I saw at TFcon 2010. :primelaugh:

Heh...

Ryan (SoundwaveCA) gifted me with a Botcon Tigatron at TFcon 2010...

Shockwave 75
04-04-2013, 04:28 PM
- What is the one item that has eluded you to this point or that took you the longest to find?

So far, it's Landcross, or BW Metals Megatron & Ravage.

- Which combiner do you want to see from Hasbro create?

I'd like to see them redo Lio Kaiser.

- What would you guys like to see out of the TF4 movie's toyline? More complexity like RotF? Bases like DotM? Something all new?

I don't care what they do with it, I just think it shouldn't be the main line. Maybe that way we won't get saddled with aisles full of toys that don't sell for years!

- What new(ish) non-third-party figures do you anticipate will become valuable in the future?

I have no opinion.

- Who do you think is the most fan favorite of all the TF's? excluding Optimus, and Bumblebee...

I'd have to agree with the guys and go with Soundwave.

Still haven't finished listening to the whole podcast, I'll likely be back with more once I do.

Malwave
04-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Heh...

Ryan (SoundwaveCA) gifted me with a Botcon Tigatron at TFcon 2010...

I don't have my own personal Ryan to give me toys. :crying:

Stapler
04-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Hmm... So the BotCon 2005 boxset is pretty affordable and still available at the Con to this day? Than one of my grails may not be as hard to get as I thought. Just gotta find someone going to BotCon and see if I can work a deal out...

Really enjoyed the fan favorites stuff. For the Unicron Trilogy I would have to say that Demolishor is, at least for me, a fan fave.I think if his character development wasn't neutered part way through Energon than people may have cared more about him.

GMfan
04-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't have my own personal Ryan to give me toys. :crying:

Too bad...EVERYONE should get a Ryan!!! :D

Hmm... So the BotCon 2005 boxset is pretty affordable and still available at the Con to this day? Than one of my grails may not be as hard to get as I thought. Just gotta find someone going to BotCon and see if I can work a deal out...

They have sets but I don't know if they're selling them. Think they use them as prizes mostly now...there was a time they were on deep DEEP discount on the club store...like...$200 shipped deep.

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Too bad...EVERYONE should get a Ryan!!! :D

Funny that Brent is more or less my go-to Ryan. :p

GMfan
04-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Funny that Brent is more or less my go-to Ryan. :p

...Brent gives reach arounds too? O_o

TMIIWonkoNemises
04-05-2013, 06:57 PM
...Brent gives reach arounds too? O_o

O_o NO!