PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor News: Automaton Toys Fortress Maximus Update

Benzo
04-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Mario from Automaton Toys (http://www.automatontoys.com/) stopped by to update us on the highly anticipated Encore 23 Fortress Maximus! He will be instock next week along with the Takara Tomy MP-10B Black Convoy.

AUTOMATON
04-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!

Great news to start the month: our shipment of Takara-Tomy Encore #23 Fortress Maximus will be here next week, bar no unforseen delays!

We will start the invoicing process right tomorrow morning!

We kindly remind you, as stated on this special item's page, that Fortress Maximus cannot be combined to any existing OOH/and or preorder/or in stock item.

The item is not covered by our Flat Rate shipping policy due to size and weight.

We are very excited to have that legendary figure in hand at last, especially that it comes within a box featuring the original art of the japanese release and a styrofoam insert! This reissue will also include the HUGE God Sword!

http://automatontoys.com/item.asp?noJouet=AUTencore23FortMax

http://automatontoys.com/images/jouets/TakaraEncore23FortMax01_h.jpg

Another update worth mentioning:
the highly awaited Takara-Tomy MP-10B Black Convoy will also be here next week!

http://automatontoys.com/images/jouets/MP10Ba_v.jpg

Have a nice evening!

Mario and the team at Automaton Toys

GrimlockGT
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Excellent!!!!!

joshimus
04-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Hey Mario, I just got invoiced today for MP Rumble and Buzzsaw. Are they still gonna ship with Fort Max? I don't mind paying the extra shipping costs.

Autobotz24
04-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Thank god I get paid this week

joshimus
04-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I've been selling toys on Ebay so my Paypal fills up from payments to be a huge help with Fort Max.

Leozak
04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
I own the original Fort Max and I still have the temptation to buy the reissue... damn...

Trans4mers
04-02-2013, 08:44 PM
I own the original Fort Max and I still have the temptation to buy the reissue... damn...

I just gave in and bought it. I will own 4 of this mold when my Reissue Fort Max comes in. ( Brave, Original Fort, Grand Max):banghead:

Sam
04-02-2013, 09:13 PM
I so need to get this

grizzly519
04-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Thank you very much for the update.

malteselegacy
04-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Got my invoice!!! He will be here soon!

STI 2NV
04-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Paid mine this morning :)

joshimus
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Just paid for Fort Max and with my recent Ebay sales, best total ever. Credit card charge will be 7.03 for Fort Max. NOICE!! Also paid for Rumble/Buzzsaw and sold another bunch of figures (will meet locally) for 115 so the remainder of Max and the MP set is all "free" money, so to speak. Sure helps with my budget.

QuadESL63
04-04-2013, 08:55 PM
I paid the invoice from Automation Toys. Hopefully my Encore Fort Max will be here soon!

QuadESL63
04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
I just gave in and bought it. I will own 4 of this mold when my Reissue Fort Max comes in. ( Brave, Original Fort, Grand Max):banghead:

Same here :doh:

Scrapper6
04-05-2013, 11:12 AM
DAMN it, am I in trouble or something? My invoice came in Wednesday, but I've been busy most of the week and didn't get in to my e-mail to check it, the due date to pay it was same day, which I wouldn't have been able to do anyway as the transfer of the final funds to Paypal didn't finish until Thursday anyway.

Point is I checked my e-mail just now and now I'm worried that I goofed with the order or what?

I'll just pay the invoice now, since the funds are all there now and hope nothing screwed up the order. Appologies Mario, although I've never known an invoice pay by date to be same day as recieving in the case of online products before, then again I don't regularly shop online as often as I used to.

Edit: Paid my invoice, damn I haven't felt this excited over a purchase in a very long time. Again sorry about the delay Mario, normally I would be on the ball about this sort of thing, however things happen. Look forward to crackin' this bad boy open in person in a few weeks' time.

wedge1021
04-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Scrapper6, I don't think you have to worry. Automaton's website says invoices are due within 5 business days of receipt, I don't think Mario would expect every invoice to be paid the first day, especially since it's by email and not everyone gets to check all the time. I've let a couple sit for a few days before while I was away, no problems. I've always wondered about the "same day due" thing on the invoices, but I guess the system doesn't have a way of saying "ASAP", which I think is probably the spirit of the policy.

Enjoy your Fort Max's everyone!

joshimus
04-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Looking forward to my big ass box sometime in the next week and a half or so...depending on when Automaton gets them in

AUTOMATON
04-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Scrapper6, I don't think you have to worry. Automaton's website says invoices are due within 5 business days of receipt, I don't think Mario would expect every invoice to be paid the first day, especially since it's by email and not everyone gets to check all the time. I've let a couple sit for a few days before while I was away, no problems. I've always wondered about the "same day due" thing on the invoices, but I guess the system doesn't have a way of saying "ASAP", which I think is probably the spirit of the policy.

Enjoy your Fort Max's everyone!

^This. :-) Normally, 5 days for Paypal payment, 10 days for Money Orders.

AUTOMATON
04-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Looking forward to my big ass box sometime in the next week and a half or so...depending on when Automaton gets them in

I just can't wait to have mine too. I never had a Fortress Maximus: quite a fan dream for me. I've owned a Car Robots Brave Maximus back in 2000: the most expensive Transformer I ever bought at the time: 200$, shipped! :p Those were the days. :)

But Fortress, it's a different feeling entirely. All the accessories included, big sword, japanese box. I remember having seen a FM G1 back in 1987 at my local TRU: I have a clear memory of this moment. The big box, sitting alone on a lower shelf. Price tag: about 89.99$CAN...or was it less?

transforminator
04-05-2013, 04:55 PM
It's times like these where being a student fully sucks! :(

joshimus
04-06-2013, 12:25 AM
I just can't wait to have mine too. I never had a Fortress Maximus: quite a fan dream for me. I've owned a Car Robots Brave Maximus back in 2000: the most expensive Transformer I ever bought at the time: 200$, shipped! :p Those were the days. :)

But Fortress, it's a different feeling entirely. All the accessories included, big sword, japanese box. I remember having seen a FM G1 back in 1987 at my local TRU: I have a clear memory of this moment. The big box, sitting alone on a lower shelf. Price tag: about 89.99$CAN...or was it less?
I understand completely. Got my Brave version of Fort Max years ago and still love it, but to have the re-issue original complete set is a different feeling.
Fort Max is my third expensive figure. Maketoys Devestator and ThreeA Metal Gear Rex rank up there too. Then again I need to keep track of the MMC Predaking/Feral Rex so that will be the fourth big expensive figure for me. Other than that, Brave Maximus was around 200 shipped or something back in the day and I really haven't gone more than that on a figure before. MP SW was up there...ehh yeah kinda add that to the list too.
Between you and ThreeA, I don't even wanna know what I spent on toys so far this past few months. Selling some old stuff to cover Fort Max's total cost certainly made a difference though. Was proud I made that goal since it officially had no affect on my budget and I still have some spare $$$ too. Actually covered the Rumble/Buzzsaw from you as well as a couple ThreeA figures. So that's been super helpful!!

joshimus
04-12-2013, 04:50 PM
So, did Fort Max make it in this week?

Rev
04-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I have yet to receive my Quakewave arm and cannon upgrade. Any word on these?

Thanks!

grizzly519
04-15-2013, 11:58 AM
So, did Fort Max make it in this week?
I know they said barring no problems,but i'd like to know if they got them or not as well.

joshimus
04-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Delays happen. I'm just excited for it. Maybe this week.

Abraxys
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Delays happen. I'm just excited for it. Maybe this week.

Im twiddling my thumbs here as well. Glad to see its not just me:o

malteselegacy
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm in the same boat! Excited for him. Would love an update though.

AUTOMATON
04-15-2013, 05:23 PM
The Big Guy has just arrived! We will start shipping process this evening and early tomorrow. Expect shipping notices tomorrow and wednesday! Woot!

MP-10B Black Convoy also in stock now! Amazing figure!

STI 2NV
04-15-2013, 05:54 PM
Thanks Automaton. Can't wait to get that figure!!!

Abraxys
04-15-2013, 06:02 PM
The Big Guy has just arrived! We will start shipping process this evening and early tomorrow. Expect shipping notices tomorrow and wednesday! Woot!

Hazzah! Nice timing:rofl:

canprime
04-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Well since I ordered, and paid, for 2 FM I believe I DESERVE to have mine shipped out first before everyone else!!!! :rofl:

Glad to hear they arrived, can't wait!!!!

Autobotz24
04-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I can't believe this is really happening

GrimlockGT
04-15-2013, 08:05 PM
Awesome! Can't wait!

grizzly519
04-16-2013, 12:29 AM
Awesome news.Thank you very much!!!

STI 2NV
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
GOT MY SHIPPING NOTIFICATION!!!!!!!

joshimus
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Hopefully I get my shipping notification soon. Need my Fort Max and MP Rumble/Buzzsaw
Nevermind. Literally a minute after I got my shipping notice...so I'm good now! :)
AWESOME!!
End of this week should make for a good haul.
Automaton - Fortmax and MP Rumble/Buzzsaw
HLJ - Revoltech MGS Snake and Revoltech Gamera
Silversnail online - the remainder of my Neca Mogwai/Gremlins I am missing and Mezco Earthworm Jim

Here's hoping to find BH Shockwave to the mix, but I doubt it.

Scrapper6
04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Nothing yet on my end, but patience is it's own reward and he'll get here when he get's here. I still have the rest of the day and all of Wednesday to recieve my notification.

malteselegacy
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Wow got mine too! It's going to be a reality soon.

GrimlockGT
04-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Just got my Shipping notification!

Scrapper6
04-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Still nothing yet on my end, patiently waiting of course in anticipation of the ultimate Transformer headin' my way. Ultimate for G1 days that is.

joshimus
04-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Should have mine tomorrow sometime.So excited

Rev
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Got my Quakewave hand and barrel. Sadly it is a light purple and not an improvement, IMO, over the original hand. Wish it was black or dark purple. So I guess I'm stashing it in the box.

Scrapper6
04-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Notification recieved, Monday apparently it will be here... I am most anticipatory.

grizzly519
04-18-2013, 01:21 AM
Notification recieved, Monday apparently it will be here... I am most anticipatory.
Ditto :)

canprime
04-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Says I'll get both of mine on the 19th.

Weird that I ordered 2 and I got a seperate shipping notice for each one rather than just shipping both in one box. Especially since they come 2 in a case apparently.

AUTOMATON
04-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Says I'll get both of mine on the 19th.

Weird that I ordered 2 and I got a seperate shipping notice for each one rather than just shipping both in one box. Especially since they come 2 in a case apparently.

Normal. We don't ship expensive toys in factory case. There was indeed 2 FM per case but we are repacking and shipping them individually. ;)

AUTOMATON
04-18-2013, 07:43 AM
On another topic entirely, but still speaking of behemoth robots, we will upload today the preorders for the Japanese version of FOC Metroplex! Woot!:D

We are still unsure at this point if we'll be able to stock the Hasbro version. We WANT to, but if it becomes a TRU exclusive, it will much harder for us to stock it.

GrimlockGT
04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
My Fort Max just arrived at my work. I want to go home now to open it!! :)

Rev
04-18-2013, 09:45 AM
On another topic entirely, but still speaking of behemoth robots, we will upload today the preorders for the Japanese version of FOC Metroplex! Woot!:D

We are still unsure at this point if we'll be able to stock the Hasbro version. We WANT to, but if it becomes a TRU exclusive, it will much harder for us to stock it.

OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo Looking forward to seeing how much and get as much info on this as possible.

joshimus
04-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Gonna pick up my Fort Max in 20min. YAY

malteselegacy
04-18-2013, 05:41 PM
He is sitting at home waiting to be opened!

joshimus
04-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Just finished applying most of his stickers. Some of them feel in the way, like the detail is already molded there so why use a sticker?! Oh well. Man that God Sword is huge!

grizzly519
04-20-2013, 01:29 PM
My email notice said arriving monday but got to post office yesterday and just picked it up now:D

Scrapper6
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
My email notice said arriving monday but got to post office yesterday and just picked it up now:D

Good for you, my invoice also said arriving Monday, well today is Monday and my package is sitting in Charlesbourg Quebec, it hasn't even gotten to Manitoba yet and unless it's going on a plane I highly doubt I'll be recieving it today.

Expedited my boron compressor.

EDIT: Colour me embarrassed, I mis-read that bit of info over on the CP site, it is actually somewhere in Montreal, which... Correct me if I am wrong is also still in Quebec, so... Still wondering if it's going on a plane or something. Very confusing to be honest, this means I likely won't see it until extremely late today, around dinner time or not until tomorrow if it's been delayed or something.

EDIT REDUX: An update, from what I've determined it is still in transit from Montreal, in fact it's been in transit from Montreal since 7:56 AM last Tursday, so I am a bit anxious as it were, was there any big road delays since Friday that could account for why it hasn't reached any sorting outlets in Manitoba yet?

I'm resigned to the damn thing either showing up at Midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow morning. *Grumble, Grumble*

STI 2NV
04-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Mine is out for delivery up here in Alberta, should see in an hour I hope

Scrapper6
04-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Still in transit, man this waiting is merciless.

Rev
04-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi. Just curious when MP Red Alert is shipping out. Thanks!

FEZaid
04-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Also Blitzwing and Springer, please and thank you