PDA

View Full Version : TRU Canada SKUs reveal retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave, Generations Metroplex

Super_Megatron
03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Toys R Us Canada have recently updated their computer system and added some new SKUs into the mix. These listings reveal a few items of interest, namely the Canadian retail price for Masterpiece Soundwave and Masterpiece Acid Storm. Masterpiece Soundwave is priced at $119.99 CAD, a steal considering he includes the full complement of five cassettes. Acid Storm is priced at $69.99 CAD.

The listings also confirm that Platinum Series Prime Ultra Magnus will be released at Canadian retail through Toys R Us, he will run to $69.99 CAD as well. The Titan Class Metroplex is in the system too, his retail price is given as $99.99 CAD.

Lastly there are two more listings, which are given as "Prime". The first is "Prime Ultimate Dragon", potentially the Ultimate Class version of Beast Hunters Predaking. This confirms he is getting released in Canada through Toys R Us, he's been mooted as a Target exclusive in the US. His price is $59.99 CAD. The listings are capped off with an entry for a $29.99 CAD 16 inch figure from the Transformers Prime line. The price is consistent with the asking price for a Weaponizer or Optimus Maximus, but neither one of them matches the height listed. It could be the new "Ultimate" Beast Hunter Optimus Prime, though the asking price seems less than expected, particularly given the cost of the Predaking.

The full listings of the SKUs follows below:

Masterpiece Soundwave SKU043130 - $119.99
Masterpiece Acid Storm SKU043128 - $69.99
Generations Titan Metroplex SKU043106 - $99.99
Prime Plat. Ed Ultra Magnus SKU038196 - $69.99
Prime Ultimate Dragon SKU043112 - $59.99
Prime 16'' Figure SKU038183 - $29.99

Darth Cylon
03-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Saved and printed the SKU list! Thank You!

Oreobuilder
03-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Metroplex is only 99$! Yeah!

I'm looking forward to Soundwave even if we will never see him in Quebec.

OB

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 03:35 PM
I probably won't be able to find any Soundwavw, just like MP 10.... Why? Why? Why make it a Toys R Us exclusive?:crying:

Oreobuilder
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I probably won't be able to find any Soundwavw, just like MP 10.... Why? Why? Why make it a Toys R Us exclusive?:crying:

The other retailers probably didn't want it. When was the last time you saw a 100$ Transformer at Wal-Mart? :innocent:

OB

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Walmart doesn't know what they have missed...

mcmus
03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
So, are we going to get the Platinum Edition OP and Omega here too? Or just that Ugly Weaponizer Repaint UM?

General Tekno
03-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Do we know when these are going to be due out in Canada, if we have the SKUs?

Darth Cylon
03-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Do we know when these are going to be due out in Canada, if we have the SKUs?

Probably the same Oct time frame.

Grimlock4Prime
03-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I'd be happy with $100 for Metroplex. That seems pretty reasonable.

Requateer
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Can't wait! Here's hoping that the MP10 situation doesn't strike twice with Soundwave.

BoNKerS
03-07-2013, 05:05 PM
CRAP! I need to find my receipt for Predaking and return the thing...

Really excited for these...

mcmus
03-07-2013, 05:07 PM
CRAP! I need to find my receipt for Predaking and return the thing...

Really excited for these...
LOL, I should have traded the ice-cream truck for your Predaking.;)

skrilla 88
03-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Acid Storm or Metroplex...hmmm. Hopefully I'll have a few months to decide with figure to get.

canprime
03-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Dear Toys R Us Canada........

Remember how many MP-10 Optimus Primes you ordered last year? TRIPLE IT FOR MP SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!

That is all...................for now!

nukedproducts
03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Well, at least we know TRU is still trying.

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 05:51 PM
So is there any easier ways to obtain these at Toys R Us? Can u reserve them? I totally missed out Mp10... Never seen it at retail at all.... And we have at least 4 Toys r us at this area I live :crying:

shabooya
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
SOMETIMES you get a preorder up on TRU.ca but not always.

There is no way that there wont be the same supply problems with SW and AS that there has been for virtually every single TRU MP outside of Rodimus.

ryceball89
03-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Never saw MP-10 or Thundercracker in retail either =/

Perceptor
03-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if there will be Hasbro versions of MP Prowl, MP Sideswipe etc? Especially since they will have MP Soundwave now... maybe if we wait patiently we'll get these deluxe size MP sportscars for less than $60 retail??? (here is to wishing...)

nukedproducts
03-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm putting those MP's on my 'buy-on-instant' list. Like I won't wait till I get a proper time to buy them, I will buy them as soon as there's a sighting. I still have yet to own a masterpiece figure.

down_shift
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM

You'd rather Walmart or Target where there's 10 times more traffic?

Does anyone know if there will be Hasbro versions of MP Prowl, MP Sideswipe etc? Especially since they will have MP Soundwave now... maybe if we wait patiently we'll get these deluxe size MP sportscars for less than $60 retail??? (here is to wishing...)

No, not unless Hasbro wants to pay the licensing fee for the cars.

I'm very excited for all of this business.

Crobot91
03-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Great news! Although, I'm disappointed that YOTS Oemga Supreme wasn't listed... oh well, looks like I will have to buy him through BBTS.

Bnz Toy
03-07-2013, 07:05 PM
October is so far away...

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 07:11 PM
You'd rather Walmart or Target where there's 10 times more traffics? .

No, I rather they make them non exclusive, so I can get them anywhere, haha

ryceball89
03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
No, I rather they make them non exclusive, so I can get them anywhere, haha

OR they flood the market with them so we can avoid the hundred dollar markup on ebay/kijiji/etc

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Whoo hoo!

Bring on the 30% off sales! (If possible)

I don't think people should panic or over-react to the MP-10 distribution situation. While all the MPs (except Roddy) have been a little tricky to get, only MP10 had the ridiculous shortage situation.

Also, the MPs have repeatedly tended to come out right as a 30% off sale hits. This has majorly added to the scarcity of MPs, with both collectors and scalpers aggressively pillaging TRUs for each new 30% off MP while the sale is on. (If people are reselling, think how much more of an incentive it is to do so with the sale, takes a rather thin profit margin and makes it a huge one).

Edit: P.S. I can feel the TRU employee head-aches already, with the certain over-reaction to the MP-10 situation (where they were getting 50+ calls a day once it was evident he was essentially gone and had to tell every person the same thing). Let's all be civil with how hard we hump at them to find out if there is stock coming, when the stock will arrive, if there are any on the shelf, any in the back, please check the SKU, etc., etc.

slippy
03-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Christmas in October for me! :D

Darth Cylon
03-07-2013, 08:38 PM
I called a local TRU just for fun and to verify the SKU for Soundwave. As soon as the girl ask me if it is called Transformer Masterpiece Soundwave she put me on hold...another girl picked up and told me they don't have much transformers toys in store at all.

Haha!

skrilla 88
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
I figure the masterpieces will be TRU exclusives. But will Metroplex be one too or will he also show up at Walmart and Target? I just want increased odds of getting him :)

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Paradigm-shift Prime: Hard for ppl not to panic, because many of us couldn't get Mp 10. Easy for u to say if u got one or if u dun care about Mp 10. Now if Hasbro reissue Mp 10 for the next news. Everyone will b happy(a reissue seems quite possible).

Goaliebot
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Gonna be an expensive year!

omegaprime
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
If any of this items hits target I will know I work in there distribution center.. will let u guys know

wedge1021
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Now I'm wondering if I should sell my Takara SW now and gamble on being able to pick up the Hasbro version...

canprime
03-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Ok, time to find out who is the buyer for Toys R Us Canada and send him/her an email "politely" asking them to increase the order for MP Soundwave so that we don't have a repeat of MP-10.

mcmus
03-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Now I'm wondering if I should sell my Takara SW now and gamble on being able to pick up the Hasbro version...

Lmk if you ever think of selling your takara sw...:)

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Ok, time to find out who is the buyer for Toys R Us Canada and send him/her an email "politely" asking them to increase the order for MP Soundwave so that we don't have a repeat of MP-10.
Who is the person responsible for Hasbro in Canada? Read our posts and take our comment as advice, distribute future Masterpieces to everyone, instead of making Masterpiece figures as exclusive only to Toy's R Us.

Sureshot22
03-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Paradigm-shift Prime: Hard for ppl not to panic, because many of us couldn't get Mp 10. Easy for u to say if u got one or if u dun care about Mp 10. Now if Hasbro reissue Mp 10 for the next news. Everyone will b happy(a reissue seems quite possible).

LOL who are you kidding??

never has there been a reissue of MP's

there has been stock found or restock in the same time frame but once they are gone they have always been gone.

so sorry to burst your bubble but no it doesnt seem quite possible.

edit to correct myself.

the ONLY MP to be reissued was MP-01. was the first US version. then the DVD version that was at bestbuy and there was one other version if i remember correctly. i could go look at my catalog on shelflife since im the MP guy lol but im too tired to load it all up.

but ya he was the only one to ever be reissued.

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 09:48 PM
LOL who are you kidding??

never has there been a reissue of MP's

there has been stock found or restock in the same time frame but once they are gone they have always been gone.

so sorry to burst your bubble but no it doesnt seem quite possible.
Do you work for Hasbro? I don't think so. Takara did reissue Prime and other MPs many times. Yah, true, maybe not Hasbro, but who knows? It is possible.

Sam
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Do you work for Hasbro? I don't think so. Takara did reissue Prime and other MPs many times. Yah, true, maybe not Hasbro, but who knows? It is possible.

Nope, actually, it isn't. Hasbro Canada has NEVER reissued a single thing.

laffy
03-07-2013, 10:06 PM
why sell the Takara version , the hasbro version will be differnt than the takara one im still going to get the takara tape packs ( while crying) but will look great next to each other, one as robot and on as tape player....

razin
03-07-2013, 10:06 PM

So we'll ignore all the G1s they've reissued.

protoform_ironhide
03-07-2013, 10:14 PM
They did, they reissue MANY things. For example, Movie Bumbleebees from Ultimate ones to legend......, G1 Prime, and lots of other G1 s. Maybe they will do something like 35th Anniversary Prime with MP 10 in it. Who knows right? And there are lots of lots of Marvel stuff that has reissued if you don't know. I am getting so sick of those Marvel reissue Thor, iron man, Captain America by the ways...haha..

Autobotz24
03-07-2013, 10:22 PM

Sad but true

soooshi
03-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Time to start saving up some money!!

dbao123
03-07-2013, 11:21 PM
dat metroplex!!! the sickest transformer of the year

Bruticus82
03-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Obligatory "yay, great prices" post.

brr-icy
03-07-2013, 11:29 PM
metroplex for the price of hercule's crotch, sweet

gonna be?

wedge1021
03-07-2013, 11:40 PM
why sell the Takara version , the hasbro version will be differnt than the takara one im still going to get the takara tape packs ( while crying) but will look great next to each other, one as robot and on as tape player....

Mainly for the price difference alone: about $300 for Takara SW & tapes, $120 for Hasbro. For me personally, I don't think the differences are worth $180. Not for something that just sits on my shelf. The only thing that makes me think twice is if it ends up being a repeat of the MP OP scramble.

Nullray
03-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Gimmie Metroplex..... I need that Titan.

pulsedragon20
03-08-2013, 02:00 AM
me screaming like a little school girl

Metroplex and MP Soundwave!!!!!!!!!!!

hugh_da_man
03-08-2013, 03:54 AM
Nice...and to the people complaining about the MP10 shortage, it's nearly guaranteed to get a repackage and re-release in the future so you'll probably have at least another chance to buy one but perhaps with different accessories.

justprime
03-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Looking forward to the 1 or 2 that will be available seriously hope they don't screw it up like the MP 10 feassco

Window
03-08-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm burnt after the MP-10 fiasco that my hopes to pick up a metroplex at retail are just nil.

It would behoove us members here to get together and see if a few that are doing the scouring during working hours would be good enough to pick up for other members.

Goaliebot
03-08-2013, 09:21 AM
metroplex for the price of hercule's crotch, sweet

gonna be?

True, it's already been an expensive year only 2 1/2 months in!

I did a rough estimate last month that if one were to buy all the major HasTak and 3rd party releases this year, it would easily be a $5,000-$6,000 year on TFs.

* 4-5 3p Combiners at $600 each
* FortMax reissue
* several big $150-$200 3p figures (not-Shockwave, not-Omega Supreme, etc)
* several New MPs (Soundwave, Acid Storm, Prowl, Bluestreak...)
* all the $50-$100 new 3p figures like the not-headmasters
* Metroplex
* Gen/FOC
* Beast Hunters
* completing Prime (for us Canadians)
* TFCC subscription figures
* Kreo and Kreons

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-08-2013, 09:25 AM
I'm burnt after the MP-10 fiasco that my hopes to pick up a metroplex at retail are just nil.

It would behoove us members here to get together and see if a few that are doing the scouring during working hours would be good enough to pick up for other members.

I don't think there's any comparison for Metroplex availability to MPs.

If anything, Metroplex has a chance of being a shelf-warmer. He is a regular-line large TF, they tend not to sell well, i.e. Unicron, any leader class size.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-08-2013, 09:27 AM

Yeah, but MP-10 was obviously a unique/anomalous situation.

Window
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I don't think there's any comparison for Metroplex availability to MPs.

If anything, Metroplex has a chance of being a shelf-warmer. He is a regular-line large TF, they tend not to sell well, i.e. Unicron, any leader class size.

Disagree here - at a 99$ pricepoint this will be very attractive to collectors.
That will make it all the more attractive to scalpers looking to double the retail price.

I think it would be better if a few of us in the community did try and cover each other on this and help one another out instead of doing the ostrich and just pretending it'll be okay.

Masta_Skidz
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
I will have MP Soundwave and I will make sure I grab as many as I can. I just traded the last MP 10 I had it was easy for me to get my hands on 4 when TRU had 30 when I went.

Mystic Metal
03-08-2013, 10:46 AM
So yesterday I called TRU Brampton, Hurontario and Appleby Line to ask if they would issue pre-orders like they've done for popular video games and movies.

Everyone said they have no way to pre-order these and their stock is known only once it shows up at the door. The only option for a pre-order is to watch for it online.

Sucks sour frog asses.

northren prime
03-08-2013, 11:13 AM
sweet news, hopefully distribution works out

wervenom
03-08-2013, 12:02 PM
I can't wait, this is good news indeed

shabooya
03-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Whoo hoo!

Bring on the 30% off sales! (If possible)

I don't think people should panic or over-react to the MP-10 distribution situation. While all the MPs (except Roddy) have been a little tricky to get, only MP10 had the ridiculous shortage situation.

Also, the MPs have repeatedly tended to come out right as a 30% off sale hits. This has majorly added to the scarcity of MPs, with both collectors and scalpers aggressively pillaging TRUs for each new 30% off MP while the sale is on. (If people are reselling, think how much more of an incentive it is to do so with the sale, takes a rather thin profit margin and makes it a huge one).

Edit: P.S. I can feel the TRU employee head-aches already, with the certain over-reaction to the MP-10 situation (where they were getting 50+ calls a day once it was evident he was essentially gone and had to tell every person the same thing). Let's all be civil with how hard we hump at them to find out if there is stock coming, when the stock will arrive, if there are any on the shelf, any in the back, please check the SKU, etc., etc.

With MP Soundwave costing even more than MP10, I would bet they will bring in the same or even less than MP10.

shabooya
03-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but MP-10 was obviously a unique/anomalous situation.

How so?

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
How so?

When else has such an extreme shortage on such a mainstream figure (Christmas time Optimus Prime) happened?

MP-10 essentially didn't even get a real release. All of Canada got, what, maybe 200 units?

So what I'm saying is it's not because he was popular that he was impossible to get, it's because of a particular identifiable (Hasbro confirmed very limited release situation) wonky release hiccup.

So that means the MP-10 situation isn't precedent to assume such a crazy situation to exist every time a popular/MP/large figure comes out.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-08-2013, 12:55 PM
With MP Soundwave costing even more than MP10, I would bet they will bring in the same or even less than MP10.

I get the logic, but it doesn't really stand.

There are many other factors other than list price that determine how much product is produced/ordered.

Pretty sure the info that came out on MP-10 indicated that the hiccup of the extremely limited production run was on Hasbro's end, not the retailers (TRUs).

jjwankenobi
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Pretty sure the info that came out on MP-10 indicated that the hiccup of the extremely limited production run was on Hasbro's end, not the retailers (TRUs).

Meanwhile, in Hong Kong:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAcRfPv5E2b34VSlhPOzGOibftUHgQT A5Ind0f61srvzijJIeGbw (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=Ug3poCAI9HJu1M&tbnid=4VwMfc_DkOCzAM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tfw2005.com%2Fboards%2Ftransf ormers-news-rumors%2F637784-masterpiece-optimus-prime-out-trus-hong-kong-13.html&ei=CRs6UYHNFuK9ygGUsIDAAQ&psig=AFQjCNEAH3LqkQ0nraMxSpEP9cNyoptiEg&ust=1362848796439089)

My predictions:

Hasbro MP Soundwave-
Sought after by everyone (i.e., nostalgic parents, collectors, asshole scalpers) therefore sold out much to the delight of scalpers and re-sellers everywhere

Hasbro MP Acidstorm-
Desired by a select few collectors but perceived to be as sought after as Soundwave. Sold out everywhere with an excess of overpriced stock belonging to dill hole scalpers and Craigslisters on crack

Generations Metroplex-
Shelfwarmer once collectors have picked up theirs (Universe Unicron, anyone?).

Oreobuilder
03-08-2013, 01:47 PM
My predictions:

Hasbro MP Soundwave-
Sought after by everyone (i.e., nostalgic parents, collectors, asshole scalpers) therefore sold out much to the delight of scalpers and re-sellers everywhere

Hasbro MP Acidstorm-
Desired by a select few collectors but perceived to be as sought after as Soundwave. Sold out everywhere with an excess of overpriced stock belonging to dill hole scalpers and Craigslisters on crack

Generations Metroplex-

Sounds just about right.

OB

protoform_ironhide
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
That will make it all the more attractive to scalpers looking to double the retail price.

I think it would be better if a few of us in the community did try and cover each other on this and help one another out instead of doing the ostrich and just pretending it'll be okay.

Don't forget the majority r kids and parents who buy transformers... Don't think they will b interesting in Metroplex. Bigger transformers do shelf warming more than other sizes. I wonder if scapler bought all those Fortress Maximus back in the days now, haha And where r scaplers gonna hide those metroplex if their boxes are bigger than Brave Max? Hahaha... The scenario will b a bit funny! Hahaha

DecepticonusPrime
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Mainly for the price difference alone: about $300 for Takara SW & tapes, $120 for Hasbro. For me personally, I don't think the differences are worth $180. Not for something that just sits on my shelf. The only thing that makes me think twice is if it ends up being a repeat of the MP OP scramble.

Takara prices won't go down - if anything, it'll still go up, despite a Hasbro release.

There's no harm in keeping him. For all we know, there could be some major quality control issues with Soundwave and/or his minions. Unless you need the cash now I'd hold on to him and wait until you have both in hand to make the decision.

And if it's anything like MP-10 and you DO get both in hand, you might be able to sell him for the cost of the Takara one anyway. ;)

DecepticonusPrime
03-08-2013, 02:05 PM

His size will make it difficult for scalpers to sell online. No one wants to pay $50+ shipping.

I don't think he'll be scalper bait. Not sure if he'll be a shelf-warmer, though... who knows how many will be ordered, after all?

protoform_ironhide
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
"Let's go rent a truck and scalp all those metroplex from toys r us. O, need to get my mom, dad, grandparents to help too." lol that's a bit funny if it happens. Just joking by the ways. Now those Mp are easy to scalp, u don't need to rent a truck or get mom and dad to help...

shabooya
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
When else has such an extreme shortage on such a mainstream figure (Christmas time Optimus Prime) happened?

MP-10 essentially didn't even get a real release. All of Canada got, what, maybe 200 units?

So what I'm saying is it's not because he was popular that he was impossible to get, it's because of a particular identifiable (Hasbro confirmed very limited release situation) wonky release hiccup.

So that means the MP-10 situation isn't precedent to assume such a crazy situation to exist every time a popular/MP/large figure comes out.

The reality is they were getting better margin selling this item in the USA and Asia.

99.99 canadian versus 119.99 USD and even more in Asia....159.99 I think.

If there is the same price differential on Soundwave, why wouldn't they continue to do what makes them the most money?

I very much doubt they will do a larger run of Soundwave than of MP10 and the reality is, it's just better business to limit the ones that go the Canadian market where they'll make less on the same item.

Canada getting it's 200 units ( i think more than that) wasn't an error.
It was accounting.

Window
03-08-2013, 02:34 PM
The reality is they were getting better margin selling this item in the USA and Asia.

99.99 canadian versus 119.99 USD and even more in Asia....159.99 I think.

If there is the same price differential on Soundwave, why wouldn't they continue to do what makes them the most money?

I very much doubt they will do a larger run of Soundwave than of MP10 and the reality is, it's just better business to limit the ones that go the Canadian market where they'll make less on the same item.

Canada getting it's 200 units ( i think more than that) wasn't an error.
It was accounting.

Show me their margins incl shipping costs, distro costs etc to back this up.

Stapler
03-08-2013, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about scalpers scooping up Metroplex. Remember DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime? If he's the big ticket holiday toy than store will likly load up on him. Given his size and price it's way more likly that he'll be sitting on shelves for ages before getting clearaced.

screamer
03-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Here we soon to go again with the MPs shenanigan. I'm expecting SW to be quite limited due to price. Even though I managed to get both MP TC & OP, it was a pain in the ass, searching from store to store almost every single day, trying to beat the scalpers :argh:

Grimlock4Prime
03-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't worry about scalpers scooping up Metroplex. Remember DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime? If he's the big ticket holiday toy than store will likly load up on him. Given his size and price it's way more likly that he'll be sitting on shelves for ages before getting clearaced.

I agree with this. Smaller TRUs might not get many and therefore could easily sell out quickly enough but the bigger stores will have a bunch sitting around for months.

As for Masterpiece availability, I think it's reasonable to expect there to be small quantities overall. How small is something I'm not going to guess at.

Sam
03-08-2013, 09:42 PM
My TRU got 2 MP-10's and I bought both, they got 8 MP Thundercracker's and I bought 1. My TRU got 2 more MP-10's after I got my two and they sold out in a day.

Woodlm
03-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Meanwhile, in Hong Kong:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAcRfPv5E2b34VSlhPOzGOibftUHgQT A5Ind0f61srvzijJIeGbw (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=Ug3poCAI9HJu1M&tbnid=4VwMfc_DkOCzAM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tfw2005.com%2Fboards%2Ftransf ormers-news-rumors%2F637784-masterpiece-optimus-prime-out-trus-hong-kong-13.html&ei=CRs6UYHNFuK9ygGUsIDAAQ&psig=AFQjCNEAH3LqkQ0nraMxSpEP9cNyoptiEg&ust=1362848796439089)

My predictions:

Hasbro MP Soundwave-

Hasbro MP Acidstorm-

Generations Metroplex-

Agreed. It was only a few weeks before I encountered 2 or 3 Unicrons at value village (sans accessories...)

ImNotThePro
03-09-2013, 12:25 AM
Is there a release date? For Soundwave in particular.

laffy
03-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Is there a release date? For Soundwave in particular.
all mp's are not comming out till the fall likey in october is not delayed >(

ImNotThePro
03-09-2013, 03:24 PM
lol, everything I want always comes out on my brothers birthday

blueandwhite
03-09-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm really looking forward to MP Soundwave but I'm not sure how much he's going to cost once the scalpers get ahold of most of the available stock. Since Prime quickly skyrocketed up into the $200 range, I expect that Soundwave may climb even higher. It wouldn't surprise me to see him hit $250-300 before Christmas. Even though I caved and ended up paying $170 to pickup a MP Prime, there's no way I'll be shelling out $250+ for a Hasbro Soundwave.

I guess Acidstorm will be the consolation prize like Thundercracker was this year.

Rev
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm glad I have the Takara version, but if I can find it at regular price I will get it.

laffy
03-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm glad I have the Takara version, but if I can find it at regular price I will get it.
I have the takara and getting both sets of tapes but will be all over hasbro mp soundwave would be nice to have both one in robot and one in alt mode... right now i keep transforming it as i love both modes :)

FlyingVEE
03-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Newbie here... first post

Can we pre-order these at TRU website or in person?

down_shift
03-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Newbie here... first post

Can we pre-order these at TRU website or in person?

You can do both, but they have to be listed on the website. I'm pretty sure that if you order in store you get free shipping.

j_logik
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Well I intend to get Soundwave even though I am getting the Takara version with his cassettes. One of the best things is knowing the patterns where MP's seem to show up at TRU retail where I am.

Fellow members rest assured, if I do find more than one, I will consume as many as feasibly possibly and other members will get early Christmas gifts.

I also tend to frequent the US during the year (and this Oct is a definite possibility) so, I can potentially "double-up" and bring some back!!!

laffy
03-12-2013, 10:58 AM
Well I intend to get Soundwave even though I am getting the Takara version with his cassettes. One of the best things is knowing the patterns where MP's seem to show up at TRU retail where I am.

Fellow members rest assured, if I do find more than one, I will consume as many as feasibly possibly and other members will get early Christmas gifts.

I also tend to frequent the US during the year (and this Oct is a definite possibility) so, I can potentially "double-up" and bring some back!!!
thats great one problem is that if many buy lots extra for other members most members will pay by credit card and wont be able too... its nice but half the fun is finding it on the shelf lol :) please leave stock where its at please

0taku
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
true. part of the joy and excitment is walking into the store and seeing it on the shelf

thaneofcremona
03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
I remember in Ottawa we got in October a new Toys R Us in town and we had plenty of stock for the masterpiece line for both Optimus and Thundercracker. I had walked in one day and literally saw about 20 MP Primes and 35+ Thundercrackers . This time around definitely not going to be seeing anything close to those numbers.

faustx
03-13-2013, 02:40 PM
I remember in Ottawa we got in October a new Toys R Us in town and we had plenty of stock for the masterpiece line for both Optimus and Thundercracker. I had walked in one day and literally saw about 20 MP Primes and 35+ Thundercrackers . This time around definitely not going to be seeing anything close to those numbers.

Bless you if you had the new ShelfLife app to scan and bounce sightings automatically to the rest of us...there would have been a convoy to Ottawa...lol.

James

jjwankenobi
03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Bless you if you had the new ShelfLife app to scan and bounce sightings automatically to the rest of us...there would have been a convoy to Ottawa...lol.

James

Pun intended? :primelaugh:

Nomad
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM
lol has to be

halcyon
05-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Not looking forward to a Soundwave MP hunt. I was one of the lucky ones that got MP-10 x 2 (I actually had 3 but stupidly put one back on the shelf). The search was a terrible experience and the only reason I was able to get one (not even in the GTA area) was because I was on leave at the time. Now that I'm back at work, there's little chance of finding Soundwave so I just picked up the Takara one and will consider it a bonus if I can find a Hasbro.

Metroplex on the otherhand, I can only hope will be a shelf warmer as I'm hoping to get one for myself.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
05-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Not looking forward to a Soundwave MP hunt. I was one of the lucky ones that got MP-10 x 2 (I actually had 3 but stupidly put one back on the shelf). The search was a terrible experience and the only reason I was able to get one (not even in the GTA area) was because I was on leave at the time. Now that I'm back at work, there's little chance of finding Soundwave so I just picked up the Takara one and will consider it a bonus if I can find a Hasbro.

Metroplex on the otherhand, I can only hope will be a shelf warmer as I'm hoping to get one for myself.

MP10 was really an anomalous case that is unlikely to ever happen again. If they come out around 30% off sales, MPs are always a little hard to find, but MP10 never even got fully distributed in a very weird and unique scenario, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that every MP will face that unique situation from here on out just because it was the case for Prime.

Window
05-10-2013, 12:15 PM
MP10 was really an anomalous case that is unlikely to ever happen again. If they come out around 30% off sales, MPs are always a little hard to find, but MP10 never even got fully distributed in a very weird and unique scenario, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that every MP will face that unique situation from here on out just because it was the case for Prime.

With people taking cases literally off the backs of trucks and given how popular this figure is - I'd say it is likely to happen again.

I expect that you're going to see it pop up for $200 and not find many in stores unless you're lucky.

That is unless TRU tightens up its distribution network and stops allowing people to pull shit like I mentioned above.

joshimus
05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
My concern is how slow FOC SW/SB seem to be selling. Makes me wonder if MP SW will be low quantities because of this.

Team Jetfire
05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
I really want that Soundwave, but not sure I want to rely on retail...

Nomad
05-14-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm gonna try, and in all honesty I'm probably not gonna want it bad enough to pay much above that.

deagle7000
05-17-2013, 12:24 AM

I remember going the day that opened and my jaw dropped. TRU on Merivale did get both MP's about 10 days later. Less than 10 MP Primes but they didn't sell out for a couple of days. Really hope I can get Soundwave at retail.

James

I remember at least a few people making the trip to that Kanata store from hours away and I bought a couple for other canucks online.

MangaSpawn64
05-17-2013, 11:30 PM
Metroplex shall be mine !!! I'm still debating if I should splurge for the Takara version :o

chaingunsofdoom
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Big warning if you do somehow manage to order SW in-store. My MP10 was on "rain-check" from an October-ish date and it never arrived. No phone calls from TRU at all either. But I had a nice paper print-out with the sale price (and I still do!). I'm guessing the few remaining ones that did arrive from Halloween to before Christmas never made it onto a shelf here.

Tonestar
05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I got my MP OP on rain check too but I kept calling and the store's area manager finally got them from their Head Office and brought them personally to the store himself. There were another 3 or 4 there when I picked mine up so other folks did the same as me. The point is if you get a rain check to KEEP CALLING otherwise you won't get it at all and on sale for $69.97 like I did. Thankfully the staff at the store I went to were really nice so if it comes to it I'll rain check again.

BoNKerS
06-07-2013, 02:06 PM
It's gonna be a GONG SHOW!!! WHOOooOOoOoO!!! Good luck to everyone... :) :)

terrordrone
07-04-2013, 11:30 PM
It's gonna be a GONG SHOW!!! WHOOooOOoOoO!!! Good luck to everyone... :) :)

did someone say GONG SHOW???

:clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R28b8XXoXs

:rofl:

Robbler
07-06-2013, 12:23 PM
I take it we're gonna be waiting a long time for them MP Soundwaves to show up?

GMfan
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
...patience...it'll be posted on the front page when the first sighting happens. Then the frenzy of finding them will begin. Then people will bitch they can't find any for weeks. Then people will bitch about scalpers and secondary ebay market prices.

UltraMarknus
07-06-2013, 01:12 PM
...patience...it'll be posted on the front page when the first sighting happens. Then the frenzy of finding them will begin. Then people will bitch they can't find any for weeks. Then people will bitch about scalpers and secondary ebay market prices.

...and the people that do find them will post pics in the haul thread of the 4 they picked up "for friends" while simultaneously condemning "scalpers"...and in other threads, people will bash the "idiots" who paid for the Takara version.

...rinse and repeat the fandom progression of North American MP releases :primelaugh:...

Robbler
07-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I was planning on this being my first MP figure. I don't like the sounds of this process. :crying:

Nomad
07-06-2013, 02:36 PM
...and the people that do find them will post pics in the haul thread of the 4 they picked up "for friends" while simultaneously condemning "scalpers"...and in other threads, people will bash the "idiots" who paid for the Takara version.

...rinse and repeat the fandom progression of North American MP releases :primelaugh:...
Hhaah yeah that sounds about right, but at least this time I'll be smarter about it than with Rodimus & not hesitate.