PDA

View Full Version : Transformers sale at Toys R Us Canada

Leozak
01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Advertised in the upcoming flyer, Toys R Us Canada (http://toysrus.ca) will be having a 30% off sale on Transformers toys (excludes clearance items and Kre-O series).

The sale starts this Friday and will end on February 7th.

Thanks to board member Metroplex79 for the news.

Metroplex79
01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
ALL* Transformers 30% off
(* excludes clearance and Kre-O)

Pictured in the flyer is Weaponizer Optimus
SALE = $27.97 (reg $39.99)

Not that there's much on the shelves...hopefully there's 1 store that has something for the person still hunting.

Crobot91
01-31-2013, 10:06 AM
What a joke cvonsidering all my local TRUs are nearly empty of TFs. Maybe one last attempt to get rid of the remaining stock prior to re-shelving with Beast Hunters, Fall of Cybertron deluxe wave 3, FOC voyager wave 1, and (here's hoping) YOTS Omega Supreme...

Scrapper6
01-31-2013, 10:14 AM
I fail to see how this is going to work, all of the TF section at one TRU is taken over by Hasbro's Marvel brands, the only thing there are a bunch of Optimus Prime DotM Deluxe with Trailer dudes, some Bot Shots and maybe a few decent Voyagers.

30% off a Voyager price however isn't always the best deal.

Pascal
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
An awesome opportunity to get more PRID wave 1 figures!

Window
01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Might pick up PRID Megs and Optimus Voyager for this sale.

Rodimus Prime1
01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
What a joke cvonsidering all my local TRUs are nearly empty of TFs. Maybe one last attempt to get rid of the remaining stock prior to re-shelving with Beast Hunters, Fall of Cybertron deluxe wave 3, FOC voyager wave 1, and (here's hoping) YOTS Omega Supreme...

Yes I agree most here on the West Coast are empty too. Was there there yesterday two weponizers and two rows of voyagers prime. Not much to choose from ::(

joshimus
01-31-2013, 11:23 AM
All Hamilton Tru has is Optimus Maximus and YOTD/Ultimate Prime.

mcmus
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
I hope TRU will have all the new BH and FOC stuffs release next week. TRU usually put out new stuffs during the sale week.

joshimus
01-31-2013, 11:30 AM
I hope they are smart enough to actually release new toys cause Wal-mart has one heck of a lead now.

Goaliebot
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
30% off what? Can' be Transformers, TrU doesn't sell those no mo' :P

Team Jetfire
01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
It would be nice if they had a little something to work with.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-31-2013, 01:34 PM
Whoo hoo! 30% off invisible Transformers!

Autobot Meister
01-31-2013, 01:49 PM
what are the chances that i will get the following during this promo
-prid ratchet
-prid dreadwing
-prid skyquake
-prid arachnid
-prid vehicon
:yelling::argh:

joshimus
01-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Maybe they will surprise us with real stock...of Prid Bee's again...

Undrave
01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
what are the chances that i will get the following during this promo
-prid ratchet
-prid dreadwing
-prid skyquake
-prid arachnid
-prid vehicon
:yelling::argh:

Why do you want Airachnid anyway? It's crap.

Skyquake is a late wave guy, even in the US he barely showed up. Getting him from BBTS is the better bet.

AeroShake
01-31-2013, 02:50 PM
It's hard to have a sale on something when you don't have anything to sell..

Perceptor
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
I didn't realize TRU still sells Transformers :confused:

steamwhistle
01-31-2013, 04:43 PM
Whoo hoo! 30% off invisible Transformers!

Haha yeah... Maybe there are stack and stacks of Mirage, but we just can't see him. :p

joshimus
01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=Undrave;486057]Why do you want Airachnid anyway? It's crap. /QUOTE]
Crap isn't a strong enough word. I would go with, if I had to say it nicely, unacceptable. For a deluxe her figure is legends quality yet her legends fig looks better built. (didn't buy it though)
Regret buying the deluxe fig.

RNSrobot
01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
I'll go buy up all three botshots in stock at my nearest TRU.

Woundave
01-31-2013, 08:48 PM
All the people complaining they have nothing on the shelves you might be able to price match at WalMart.

SMOG
01-31-2013, 09:03 PM
I presume this means that all those Beast Hunters and FOC waves won't hit until February 8th then...

zmog

Tekkamanraiden
01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
All the people complaining they have nothing on the shelves you might be able to price match at WalMart.

Walmart won't honor percentage off sales at least none I've ever gone too.

Matrix_Holder
01-31-2013, 10:23 PM
You have to show regular and sales price for them to price match....they sometimes honour Tru.CA listings, well they did for me at least.

chans formers
01-31-2013, 10:30 PM
It's hard to have a sale on something when you don't have anything to sell..
^sadly....this^

whoo hoo,a sale....wait a sec....doh:banghead:

Undrave
02-01-2013, 12:47 AM
Haha yeah... Maybe there are stack and stacks of Mirage, but we just can't see him. :p
ZOMG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdLlksIz_6w

Why do you want Airachnid anyway? It's crap.
Crap isn't a strong enough word. I would go with, if I had to say it nicely, unacceptable. For a deluxe her figure is legends quality yet her legends fig looks better built. (didn't buy it though)
Regret buying the deluxe fig.
I actually want the Cyberverse, it looks way better than that...thing they call a toy. The worse part if they'll probably find a way to repaint it or retool it to get their money out of that mold. Can't wait to see that trainwreck...

Knockout
02-01-2013, 02:14 AM
...don't you need transformers to have a transformers sale? TRU here is a barren wasteland, been that way since boxing week. Heck...there isn't even a section anymore.

Undrave
02-01-2013, 02:36 AM
There wasn't anything left FOR Boxing Week around here...

Unsurprisingly those darn DOTM voyagers and leaders were still there by the time I went back...

Rodimus Prime1
02-01-2013, 03:12 AM

[QUOTE=Undrave;486215]ZOMG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdLlksIz_6w

Invisible mirages:D

:primelaugh: ROFLOL .. Can't wait till Feb 30th to order another one. I put mine on one of my shelves, had a few drinks and forgot which self it was.

Undrave
02-01-2013, 03:32 AM
First episode of the next season of Prime reveals Mirage's been invisible in the base all along because he's an antisocial jerk.

Rodimus Prime1
02-01-2013, 03:47 AM
First episode of the next season of Prime reveals Mirage's been invisible in the base all along because he's an antisocial jerk.

:D That explains where all their energon goes

joshimus
02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Tru Hamilton last night finally had some new TF's...okay, not really. Just the Weaponizers Prime and BB to go along with optimus Maximus and Ultimate Prime. But the day before they didn't...

Oy. Anyone else wondering what Hasbro is doing? Even Star Wars is MIA!!

freakx2001
02-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Wow, I thought it was only the TRU here in Ottawa that were bad, didn't realize it was a national problem.

TRU HQ needs to make some stuff happen

lars573
02-01-2013, 11:16 AM
That's not Hasbro that's TRU. Hasbro has no control over when TRU puts out new product.

joshimus
02-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Pretty much. Instead of getting new FOC or Beast Hunters, Hamilton got Weaponizers. (which is a TRU issue not Hasbro) Right now it seems like TRU just doesn't want to deal with Boys toys cause Marvel, Joes, SW and TF's seem to be somewhat MIA at the moment. Obviously Hasbro is in touch with Wal-mart cause they actually have new stock.
Even right now, instead of Wal-mart getting Wave 2 GI Joe mv2 figs, they got wave 1 again...that's been on shelves for like 8 months.
Not really sure what is going on. Guessing Tru is waiting for the busier part of the season to re-stock but right now, they just look like jerks with a 30%off TF's and nothing really to show for it.
To be honest, I don't even care at this point. Waiting for Deluze Smokescreen, Ripclaw and FOC Grimlock. Other than that, meh.

RNSrobot
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Pretty much. Instead of getting new FOC or Beast Hunters, Hamilton got Weaponizers. (which is a TRU issue not Hasbro) Right now it seems like TRU just doesn't want to deal with Boys toys cause Marvel, Joes, SW and TF's seem to be somewhat MIA at the moment. Obviously Hasbro is in touch with Wal-mart cause they actually have new stock.
Even right now, instead of Wal-mart getting Wave 2 GI Joe mv2 figs, they got wave 1 again...that's been on shelves for like 8 months.
Not really sure what is going on. Guessing Tru is waiting for the busier part of the season to re-stock but right now, they just look like jerks with a 30%off TF's and nothing really to show for it.
To be honest, I don't even care at this point. Waiting for Deluze Smokescreen, Ripclaw and FOC Grimlock. Other than that, meh.

At least with Joe the movie is coming out right away here, that should hopefully jumpstart demand for toys/sales and get some new crap on the shelves.

BoNKerS
02-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Based on buying cycle the Hasbro sales rep will push the product onto TRU to purchase. The Hasbro sales rep must have put on a show for TRU to take such ridiculous amounts of inventory. Recall the amount of BB, DOTM, Prime. As a sales rep he/she would have made a boat load of $$ with that large sale.

Forecasters on the TRU side should be fired but that is beside the point.

TRU most likely had to go back to Hasbro and offer the additional $7 off the BB.

If I were TRU I would have been pissed with the aging inventory which remained on shelves.

WM have all this product because TRU most likely closed to the door for future product conversations until the remaining crap sold out.

This is my perspective, the fact TRU doesn't have anything makes sense to me.

Pascal
02-01-2013, 06:10 PM
By the time TRU starts stocking BH stuff, it will be irrelevant since most potential buyers will have bought the toys from WM. So like last year, they'll be stuck with BH wave 1 forever, on top of the Prime wave 1 stuff from last year that didn't sell.

UltraMarknus
02-01-2013, 06:40 PM
They have weaponizer prime in their eBay store for $28 shipped.

primustf
02-02-2013, 02:27 AM
First time poster here, just wanted to weigh in my 2 cents.
If your having trouble finding stuff at TRU check Walmart. They will price match the 30% off. I've done it at least 3 times now. If the regular sales person won't do it, just ask to speak with a manager. Just be prepared to bring in an actual flyer. One of the Walmarts near me required a physical flyer, the other one was fine with the online flyer on my phone.
I live in southern Alberta and my TRU seems to be just like every one else (although one of the employee's said they are expecting new stuff the first week or 2 of February). I managed to pick up Beast Hunters Optimus, Wheeljack and 2 of the new Bot Shots, Ironhide and Bumblebee, at Walmart with the 30% off.

wervenom
02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
First time poster here, just wanted to weigh in my 2 cents.
If your having trouble finding stuff at TRU check Walmart. They will price match the 30% off. I've done it at least 3 times now. If the regular sales person won't do it, just ask to speak with a manager. Just be prepared to bring in an actual flyer. One of the Walmarts near me required a physical flyer, the other one was fine with the online flyer on my phone.
I live in southern Alberta and my TRU seems to be just like every one else (although one of the employee's said they are expecting new stuff the first week or 2 of February). I managed to pick up Beast Hunters Optimus, Wheeljack and 2 of the new Bot Shots, Ironhide and Bumblebee, at Walmart with the 30% off.

That is rare as Walmart doesn't match percentages by policy, but would match whatever was shown. Anyway noting at the Woodbridge TRU. 1 GDO CJ, YOTD Optimus and 1 case of Wave 2 Prime voyagers. what a disapointment

RNSrobot
02-02-2013, 01:45 PM
I've had different levels of success with different WalMarts regarding price-matching a flyer. Seems to depend on the store or who's working customer service at the time. I usually go direct to customer service rather than a regular till. Recently got a pricematch done on some Fisher Price little people, got the Batcave set for my daughter 30% off. "Bamah! Bamah!" So... worth trying?

Spleenzorio
02-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Great news, too bad the Toys R Us (the so called biggest in Canada) here hasn't been restocked since like before Christmas.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
As previous poster said Walmart's policy is that they do not price match % off sales from other flyers. Sure you can occasionally get a customer service employee to do it but they're not supposed or obliged to.

Woundave
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
As previous poster said Walmart's policy is that they do not price match % off sales from other flyers. Sure you can occasionally get a customer service employee to do it but they're not supposed or obliged to.

If you can take a pic on your phone of the price change posted in store they may be more willing.

Worked for me last night, got adjustments for bh optimus and laserback

primustf
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM

Maybe the policies at my Walmarts are different. I've never had any issue. If the the employee wasn't sure they called a manager and were told to go ahead and do it. This could also be an old policy that they have recently changed.
Went in again today and found BH Bumblebee and Soundwave, and the lady didn't even blink and eye. Asked to see the flyer and then made the price change.

UltraPrimal
02-03-2013, 01:27 AM
What?! This doesn't make sense. How can they have a sale on Transformers if they have no Transformers to sell? :p

Pax52
02-03-2013, 04:08 AM
North side get anything yet I was able to get Prediking from south store

primustf
02-03-2013, 10:48 AM
North side get anything yet I was able to get Prediking from south store

So your the one that pilfered Prediking :argh: :)
North side had nothing as of yesterday. They haven't even reset their displays yet. I got all my stuff from the south side.

babbayagga
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Toys r us.ca's outlet ebay store likely has more figures than most of the stores.. and for some reason, some of them have free shipping.. like Powerdive

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRANSFORMERS-GENERATIONS-Voyager-Class-Action-Fi-English-Chinese-Editi-T-zTS-/370742617037?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5651fb63cd

Undrave
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
So the sale's been over for a few days now... WHERE'S THE NEW STOCK TOYS 'R' US? >:(