PDA

View Full Version : Masterpiece Optimus Prime Released at Canadian Retail

Super_Megatron
10-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Good news Canada; we have confirmation that Hasbro's Masterpiece Optimus Prime has hit Canadian retail shelves this morning. Cybertron.ca member joshimus found it at the Toys R Us store in Hamilton, Ontario. The SKU number is 620602 and it is priced at $99.99.

Let other collectors know what Transformers are being found in your area, by posting in the Canadian Transformers Sightings Forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4).

Ozrein
10-04-2012, 10:22 AM
OMG OMG OMG! Sweet! Can't wait for this to hit the West coast.

Sureshot22
10-04-2012, 10:28 AM
BAH FOTHER MUCKER!!

why does hamilton area always get the good shit weeks /months before toronto. you would think its the other way around being the main city and all......

*grumbles*

wervenom
10-04-2012, 10:30 AM
BAH FOTHER MUCKER!!

why does hamilton area always get the good shit weeks /months before toronto. you would think its the other way around being the main city and all......

*grumbles*

Yeah that sucks. On phone with TRU Vaughan mills to see if he showed up there

joshimus
10-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Do we? Doesn't feel like we do. Have you seen MP Thundercracker in T.Dot? If not then you may be on to something cause Hamilton TRU has him too. Then again we have more toys stores more easliy available. Like a bazillion walmarts in just a 15km radius. Only TRU I know of in Toronto is Yonge and Eglington. As for Walshit...marts. I have no idea how common those stores are.

tusko
10-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I can't wait!
Looks awesome!

wervenom
10-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Do we? Doesn't feel like we do. Have you seen MP Thundercracker in T.Dot? If not then you may be on to something cause Hamilton TRU has him too. Then again we have more toys stores more easliy available. Like a bazillion walmarts in just a 15km radius. Only TRU I know of in Toronto is Yonge and Eglington. As for Walshit...marts. I have no idea how common those stores are.

North of Toronto for any sightings I have seen. Vaughan Mills reported they dont have any but is in transit so maybe next week fingers crossed

sikkbones
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
How many did they have of tc and prime?

jourdo
10-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Excited for this guy. Can't wait.

joshimus
10-04-2012, 10:50 AM
2 Primes left and 2 TC from when I went. Could be gone by now Sik, I dunno

FEZaid
10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
As much I was hyped for this. I'm gonna wait for this one, pretty sure my family will get it for me as a gift during the holidays :D

Pascal
10-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Another non-Quebec exclusive.

ANDROID PRIME
10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I heard that there were only 2 per case, and 1 case per store. looks like this one might be hard to find.

WarConvoy
10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I was just looking on Kijiji earlier and I saw some guy in Woodbridge scalping them for $220. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/smilies/scalper.gif He had the shipping box as well. I bet he works at TRU and bought them before anyone else could. Hes asking 110% more then it cost him in store.
If your in Ontario Don't buy from this guy!
I HATE SCALPERS!

I hope the figure is all over Canada and US before Christmas! This is what I am asking my wife for Christmas. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

FEZaid
10-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I heard that there were only 2 per case, and 1 case per store. looks like this one might be hard to find.

You must be kidding me :argh:

Sureshot22
10-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Nope he's not kidding. I use to work at tru and still have connections there. The Ontario warehouse is only getting /has just over 500 total and prob no more coming. And all those distributed to over 100 stores = ..... Ya not many per store so I would not be hopeful of getting one at Christmas unless you buy it when you see it and put it away.

canprime
10-04-2012, 11:17 AM

In that case let me sell you some land I have on the moon.

Why would you believe such nonsense?

jourdo
10-04-2012, 11:18 AM

That makes me sad.

wervenom
10-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Then my only hope is that they show up in the USA for Black friday

The7thParallel
10-04-2012, 11:36 AM
TC is in Toronto. Vic Park TRU had four of them yesterday (all gone) and Cedarbrae had at least six yesterday (all gone).

sikkbones
10-04-2012, 11:39 AM
yeah, i'm not gonna hold my breath on getting either in a hurry do to my move and my cash flow being extremely restricted till i get a place...

Sureshot22
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Vic park hasn't gotten any TCers yet at all so no they didn't have 4 yesterday but Cedebrae did.

And wow you really have land on the moon? Because it is true they are 2 to a pack and with 500 ish for all of Ontario and over 100 stores he isn't far off on the numbers sadly

canprime
10-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Vic park hasn't gotten any TCers yet at all so no they didn't have 4 yesterday but Cedebrae did.

And wow you really have land on the moon? Because it is true they are 2 to a pack and with 500 ish for all of Ontario and over 100 stores he isn't far off on the numbers sadly

So you saw the order number? Simply asking. That is a fact that each store coming up to Christmas is going to get one case with 2 items. TRU ordered less for Ontario, the largest population centre in Canada than what the collector's club would make in a run for some exclusive?

You see where I'm going with this? It may be true, but all of their previous ordering history, including GDO Dragon Prime would point to that being a wrong number. (Not the 2 per case thing, just the total order number

lars573
10-04-2012, 11:55 AM
2 per case is true enough. The rest, horse shit.

sikkbones
10-04-2012, 11:56 AM

hey, does the land on the moon come with heat and hydro? I need a new place....

Icetron
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Nope he's not kidding. I use to work at tru and still have connections there. The Ontario warehouse is only getting /has just over 500 total and prob no more coming. And all those distributed to over 100 stores = ..... Ya not many per store so I would not be hopeful of getting one at Christmas unless you buy it when you see it and put it away.

Sounds fair enough for the first order, there will be or already are more probably. They did the same with Grimlock and Rodimus.

wervenom
10-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I was just looking on Kijiji earlier and I saw some guy in Woodbridge scalping them for $220. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/smilies/scalper.gif He had the shipping box as well. I bet he works at TRU and bought them before anyone else could. Hes asking 110% more then it cost him in store.
I HATE SCALPERS!

I hope the figure is all over Canada and US before Christmas! This is what I am asking my wife for Christmas. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I just checked that ad as well. He is also selling TC at $120.

WarConvoy
10-04-2012, 12:12 PM

If this is true. This means the the guy I mentioned before who is putting them up on Kijiji grabbed both of them from the store. He included a photo of the shipping box from Hasbro in his sales post. This is also why I have suspicions that it was an employee that is posting the sale. These boxes are not seen on the floor of the store. they would be despised of once unpacked and placed on the shelf.

My post befor:
I HATE SCALPERS!

wervenom
10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
^^ Maybe he is someone who works night shift there. When I went this morning to pick up TC their system said they were supposed to have 12 off of last nights order but the lady could only find one case of four at TRU Woddbridge. Anything's possible I guess

The7thParallel
10-04-2012, 12:35 PM

To be fair, I was told they had four yesterday by a CSR rep for the store. I didn't watch them sell them. The CSR may have been wrong.

Just wanted to give you my source.

Sureshot22
10-04-2012, 12:40 PM
If you know the people or are there as they are putting stuff out you can get the packing box as well, I've gotten the box or bought the whole box more then once.

If you remember the Grimlock situation when he came out there was remarkably low stock or at the stores I worked at and he was never restocked. And yet hotrod shelf warmed and there was shit loads of him so it's up to you weither you believe me or not, makes no difference to me. I'll have mine.

I wouldn't wait personally and risk having to pay scalpers prices.

Vic park was the main store I use to work at and yes I saw the exact numbers on the computer in the back where the trucks/stock comes in and the Ontario warehouse had just over 500 total. And 3 of my buddies that work in the back one being the manager said they heard there would prob NOT be a restock unless the warehouse gets more from somewhere and they happen to ship to that store.

I worked there, I know how the stock system works and saw the numbers with my own eyes but hey, believe what you want. I hope I'm wrong but unless the WH gets more. Sadly I'm not

Darth Cylon
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
I HATE SCALPERS!

If this is true. This means the the guy I mentioned before who is putting them up on Kijiji grabbed both of them from the store. He included a photo of the shipping box from Hasbro in his sales post. This is also why I have suspicions that it was an employee that is posting the sale. These boxes are not seen on the floor of the store. they would be despised of once unpacked and placed on the shelf.

My post befor:

^^ Maybe he is someone who works night shift there. When I went this morning to pick up TC their system said they were supposed to have 12 off of last nights order but the lady could only find one case of four at TRU Woddbridge. Anything's possible I guess

Can you contact TRU Canada's customer service and report this? It is considered internal theft by many retailers and even if they don't care about it you can let some steam off.

sikkbones
10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
if he paid for them how is it internal theft?

Malwave
10-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Toys R Us, HERE I COME!

To the Malmobile! :raisetheroof:

Darth Cylon
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM

Many retailers have policy against employee buying stuff (with or without staff discount) and resell them. Just saying.

tilallr1
10-04-2012, 01:51 PM
2 Primes left and 2 TC from when I went. Could be gone by now Sik, I dunno

I must have arrived right after you, cause that's how many were left we I took one of each. But they are all gone now as per the Ontario reports area.

Since you grabbed one, it must mean that each store is getting at least 2 boxes. Since Hamilton Toysrus had more than 3 this morning.

So each store might be getting a total of 4 of them. Which isn't much.

wervenom
10-04-2012, 04:20 PM

Its called understocking where I am from. Anything in a store MUST be made available to the public first. Any attempt to hide it and buy it later is disciplinary action leading to termination easily. This also leads to Darth Cylon's point of going against company policy as you are not allowed to purchase an item and resell it for profit. That leads to the same action. And again that's where I'm from, TRU may be different

Goaliebot
10-04-2012, 05:15 PM
2 per store total? 2 were bought locally by fellow board members, so you're saying the rest of us in KW are out of luck for good now?

I heard similar number for TC, who also came and vanished from Kitchener TRU in the blink of an eye.

If these numbers are true then I guess I just won't be getting these guys. Damn shame.

ImNotThePro
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I think Hasbro sent most of the shipment of MP Primes to the wrong continent.:confused:

joshimus
10-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm good since I got mine so I am gonna have to disagree with you ImNotThePro.

roballan
10-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Super disappointing. Never enough supply. Shouldn't have waited on Takara version. going to end up paying same price for the US one as fast as these are going. Friggin' army of bumblebees all the time and not enough of these to meet demand.

shockwave555
10-04-2012, 06:54 PM
well good thing i got a job because this is a little pricey and will be VERY hard to find

Matrix_Holder
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Luckily a fellow board member snagged me one of these bad boys while I was at work and unable to hit the burlington TRU, he got the last 2 that were there. I got there at 430 and the stock guy asked me what is all this commotion about "this" prime...I told him that the japanese version was $250+ shipping and he just looked at me with eyes and mouth opened wide, lol. he then pointed to the YOTD Prime and ultimate prime and the deluxe prime with trailer and asked me why these weren't good enough, I chuckled and said that they were horrible fugly figures and i think they'll be there for a while with all those bumblebees. "oh, do you want to buy a bumblebee?" he asks...we both laughed.

halcyon
10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
To confirm, I also noticed the system showing around 480+ units in the warehouse (compared to 1400 thunder rackets and around 800-900 dragon version primes)

wervenom
10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
^^^So essentially there are far less of these meaning scalpers are gonna screw us however they can?

Ozrein
10-04-2012, 08:09 PM
To confirm, I also noticed the system showing around 480+ units in the warehouse (compared to 1400 thunder rackets and around 800-900 dragon version primes)

Hopefully that is just the initial shipment. TRU has got to know that this will be a popular figure... at least I hope.

Matrix_Holder
10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
based on how well all the other "Primes" sell...i don't have high hopes for it to be a huge supply. they have so many primes on the shelves right now. YOTD, Ultimate, Powerizers, Deluxe with trailer, DOTM, FOC...I may be forgetting some but its almost as bad as bumblebee now. If and when I see them I will be grabbing some for board members to screw the scalpers sales.

wervenom
10-04-2012, 08:42 PM
based on how well all the other "Primes" sell...i don't have high hopes for it to be a huge supply. they have so many primes on the shelves right now. YOTD, Ultimate, Powerizers, Deluxe with trailer, DOTM, FOC...I may be forgetting some but its almost as bad as bumblebee now. If and when I see them I will be grabbing some for board members to screw the scalpers sales.

I think for any of us that have the funds we should do that, if for no other reason to keep them out of the hands of scalpers. I did it today for TC's because of the jackass in Woodbridge who has them at Kijiji. If I can grab more of anything at any point and time to help out board members I will and post.

joshimus
10-04-2012, 10:50 PM
The problem with the current on shelves primes is that Ultimate Prime blows so who wants the "Year of the Dragon" version of a crappy figure? Then you have the deluxe with a trailer so boring that you can just buy a better hotwheels one. MP Prime SOLD OUT for a reason. 1: cause they didn't have many and 2: Because collectors really wanted it...and probably scalpers...REALLY glad I woke up early this morning to go to TRU.

ryceball89
10-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Since it's pretty guaranteed I can sell it at cost to a board member, I wouldn't mind charging it to my credit and worst case, return it! But gotta find one first ...

Matrix_Holder
10-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Whoo hoo, got mine from board member Grimlock4Prime. Nice packaging. If I see more I will charge em and get im in the hands of the members of this site and not some asshat scalper.

Sureshot22
10-05-2012, 12:12 PM
yup im going to do the same thing Matt.

wedge1021
10-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Whoo hoo, got mine from board member Grimlock4Prime. Nice packaging. If I see more I will charge em and get im in the hands of the members of this site and not some asshat scalper.

That would be cool, wouldn't mind driving to Burlington to pick up if I knew it was for sure gonna be there. Same goes for Thundercracker.

Masta_Skidz
10-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I would not mind the Drive either to Burlington or the GTA for one I would also be willing to trow and extra 15 - 20 for gas costs. PM me and let me know whats up if you have an extra for sale

SanMiguel
10-05-2012, 12:39 PM
the HUNT is on!!!

wervenom
10-05-2012, 01:52 PM
the HUNT is on!!!

I say this with all due respect "whoo hoo" my hunt is over! I do want a second one but I managed to snag mine with a friend so he got his from TRU woodbridge this morning. Sadly the very nice CSR couldn't remember if they had two cases or one and hence only found one so I couldnt grab any for any board members, but I will keep looking, fingers crossed

blackdraon113
10-05-2012, 03:00 PM
hate to ask but does it come with french packaging so we can get in here in quebec

Matrix_Holder
10-05-2012, 03:18 PM
sorry, looks like its English only...i never even noticed that until you asked.

UltraMagnus69
10-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Too much good stuff coming out...must resist..ah what the hell, the hunt is on.

faustx
10-05-2012, 10:35 PM
We're working on new tech that will let you guys:

a) scan product on site at a store
b) identify where you are
c) notify your circle of friends so scalpers can't scope reports threads

Coming soon...in the meantime, happy hunting.

J

UltraPrimal
10-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Still nothing at Barrie TRU. :(

Dragon Knight
10-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Anything at TRU Sherway?

wedge1021
10-06-2012, 12:40 AM
We're working on new tech that will let you guys:

a) scan product on site at a store
b) identify where you are
c) notify your circle of friends so scalpers can't scope reports threads

Coming soon...in the meantime, happy hunting.

J

Now that's a pretty neat feature. Would there be "non-smartphone" functionality for that too?

DrunkSkunk
10-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Anything at TRU Sherway?

Just a bunch of YOTD Primes. :(

Pgianos
10-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi guys,

My first time posting but I have been reading stuff for years. Anyways, I to am trying to get as many of the masterpieces to keep them out of the hands of scalpers like the jerk in Woodbridge as well. It really makes me angry that they can't find a way to make money an honest way. I hope I'll be able to get one for me and then extras for you guys on the board and sell them at cost!

Batman
10-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi guys,

My first time posting but I have been reading stuff for years. Anyways, I to am trying to get as many of the masterpieces to keep them out of the hands of scalpers like the jerk in Woodbridge as well. It really makes me angry that they can't find a way to make money an honest way. I hope I'll be able to get one for me and then extras for you guys on the board and sell them at cost!

That is really nice of you man. Welcome to the boards :)

Pgianos
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Guys, TRU in US has TC online!!!

But you have to have an address in the US.

Chajee
10-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I, as well, will purchase as many as I can when, and if, I see them and will sell them at the cost price to board members. I hate scalpers and I hate people getting ripped off. Besides, purchasing them on my card will get me a ton of points. =)

Goaliebot
10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
MP Prime just vanished off toysrus.ca - odd. I don't know if it was ever in stock there. I expect the listing will come back when they have stock.

Nguyennh
10-08-2012, 10:02 PM
...saw an auction for 150 from barrie...disgusting. and i feel bad for the person who's bidding on it =(((( for the price he/she is paying for a hasbro masterpiece they might as well put in the extra mile for takara

Chajee
10-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Was at Dufferin Mall TRU yesterday around noon. There were no MPs (TC nor OP) on the shelves. I talked to one of the guys and he said they had one TC at the back and he got it for me. I then asked regarding the OP and he told me that they haven't received any, but were on the way there. He said they should be getting it later this week or early next week (in time for the sale). He also told me that you can call in and "put one one hold" if they're there. If you go this route, please do pick it up that day as I believe they're not supposed. He was really nice about the whole thing.

Dark Rage
10-10-2012, 09:59 AM
...saw an auction for 150 from barrie...disgusting. and i feel bad for the person who's bidding on it =(((( for the price he/she is paying for a hasbro masterpiece they might as well put in the extra mile for takara

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=461193&postcount=2263 ?

Nguyennh
10-10-2012, 11:02 AM
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showpost.php?p=461193&postcount=2263 ?

oh dear =( thats awfull esspecially with the sale coming up that really hurts the bank. the bid was set at 150 plus 15 dollars shipping.

Transbot90210
10-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Just scored the second of the two MPs; Optimus Prime. And seeing as TC was only last week I can get a price adjustment on both this Friday. I can not scoff at a $70 Prime and a $49 TC.

Side note: OP is has a big box, looks awesome in packaging AND weighs a lot more than I expected.

chuchupika
10-10-2012, 03:23 PM
transbot where did you find yours?

Autobot_Orion
10-10-2012, 03:58 PM
oh dear =( thats awfull esspecially with the sale coming up that really hurts the bank. the bid was set at 150 plus 15 dollars shipping.
Is that the going rate to scalp this figure?

Nguyennh
10-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Is that the going rate to scalp this figure?

thats the only ontario bid i was able to track down so i assume so. =\ i cant imagine someone trying to shoot for 200 for this as it would be too close to MP-10.

lonewolf
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Just went through many lengths to get one shipped to Quebec from another TRU, but it'll never happen as every TRU in Canada are already backordered. Furthermore, because of an english only packaging, it'll never land on it's own to TRU across the province. :(((

Which means I'll have to get my wallet raped on ebay if I ever buy one.

Ozrein
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Hey does anyone have a pic of the shipping box for MP OP, I'm talking about the case the 2 OPs come in. I thought I remember seeing a pic somewhere but cant remember where.

Sureshot22
10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
i have the shipping box in my truck but cant get to taking a pic till later.

what do you want to know about it?

Ozrein
10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
i have the shipping box in my truck but cant get to taking a pic till later.

what do you want to know about it?

Just wanted to know what it looked like. So if I see it on a pallet, I'll know whats in there.

jjwankenobi
10-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Here you go.

Sureshot22
10-10-2012, 04:45 PM
ya thats it but pretty sure mine had a red stripe lol but at work so dont recall 100%

Dragon Knight
10-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Was hunting for Grimlock and Rodimus THIS frustrating/depressing?:(

Nguyennh
10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Was hunting for Grimlock and Rodimus THIS frustrating/depressing?:(

Grimlock yes. Rodimus no lol The demand on Rodimus only lasted about a week or so...shortly afterwards he was left alone to the point when i was out looking for 1st edition bulky and ops he was almost shelf flooded. Grimlock i remember only seeing once picked up two and never saw him again. which almost makes me nervous =S i hope the same doesn't happen to optimus as i have not gotten him yet as well....at this rate i might rage buy a takara mp-10 at the november toy con. For the price it's being scalped and the rate in which he flies off shelves it's almost not worth the amount of time/fuel we are all putting into finding him.

Sureshot22
10-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Yup. I nabbed 3 grimmies when I saw him and only ever saw one again months later on the clearance table cause some mother bought it for her kid who couldn't transform him and looked like never tried. Was 100% complete in an open box for $15 lol ya I grabbed him the second I saw him. Never saw another.

Goaliebot
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM
If I knew he'd eventually be in stock in decent numbers I'd be fine waiting patiently - it's these dang rumors of "only 500 units for all Canada!" that bug me.

Dragon Knight
10-13-2012, 10:49 PM
How long does TRU honour their rainchecks for?

Nguyennh
10-13-2012, 10:52 PM
i was told 90 days

T9S4N
10-13-2012, 10:56 PM
It doesn't expire, unless the product is discontinued. Also, rainchecks can be used anywhere as long as the manager at the particular store allows it.

That was what i was told by an employee from Toys R Us.

wedge1021
10-14-2012, 01:14 AM
If I knew he'd eventually be in stock in decent numbers I'd be fine waiting patiently - it's these dang rumors of "only 500 units for all Canada!" that bug me.

It would be nice if there was an official PR channel for collectors to get this kind of information passed to us by HasCan. Or even unofficial, as long as it's reliable.

ryceball89
10-14-2012, 01:24 AM
Incredible, some ppl have purchased like 3-4 op but i have yet to even see one =/

Matrix_Holder
10-14-2012, 01:34 AM
I was told that rainchecks are store specific....some stores might let you get away with using it at another location but that is against store policy as I understood it. It never hurts to try but dont get angry if they don't let you use it.

Nomad
10-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Well, I've got names & numbers written down for like 7 things, so anything I don't find tomorrow will ideally be written up in a Raincheck. From MP Prime to legions Flamewar, I ain't missing out on this sale. :)

rego00123
10-14-2012, 06:20 AM
I was told that rainchecks are store specific....some stores might let you get away with using it at another location but that is against store policy as I understood it. It never hurts to try but dont get angry if they don't let you use it.

pretty much what matrix said.

any time i have attempted to do rainchecking with a tru location is has ALWAYS been up to that locations discretion. many simply do not do it anymore, and the ones that have allowed me to have only done so with items that where not considered "hot or limited" at the time of placing the raincheck and defiantly NEVER during the holiday season.

between Canada and the United states i visit 7 different tru location on a regular basis and this has been consistent behavior between all of them.

everyone's mileage will vary and luck may net you something good, so its defiantly worth the time it takes to ask.

Goaliebot
10-14-2012, 08:09 AM
In stock on toysrus.ca as of this post (8:18 am est):

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12859337

But not coming up at sale price for whatever reason. Also hard to find, I only found him using my bookmark from last weekend.

asanjuan62
10-14-2012, 08:26 AM

But not coming up at sale price for whatever reason. Also hard to find, I only found him using my bookmark from last weekend.

Do you happen to have the bookmark for thundercracker too?

Dark Rage
10-14-2012, 08:27 AM

Already sold out probably, can't add him to my cart :(

canprime
10-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Already sold out probably, can't add him to my cart :(

Yeah same here. I had him, but then it wouldn't let me finish the order. Tried refreshing and nothing now.

Goaliebot
10-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Dang that was fast. He was in stock though, I got one right before I posted it.

asanjuan62
10-14-2012, 08:36 AM

I tried to order MP Prime online and I got all the way to the submit order page when I got the "The following item(s) or quantity is not available. You will not be charged for any item that is not available for shipment.
We have removed the item(s) from your order" message. So frustrating!!

mcmus
10-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Went all the way to the end (paid with paypal too) with other stuffs except the OP is unavaliable and now I have to pay shipping.for others stuffs.

Goaliebot
10-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Do you happen to have the bookmark for thundercracker too?

I don't, sorry.

---

Sorry guys, he was there and I posted as soon as my order for 1 completed to the "Thank you your order number is" page. Guess they only had a few... I've been checking the Site 15-20 times every day.

Goaliebot
10-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Went all the way to the end (paid with paypal too) with other stuffs except the OP is unavaliable and now I have to pay shipping.for others stuffs.

Good to "My Account", Order Status / Tracking and click the "Cancel Order" button if you don't want the other items.

Nguyennh
10-14-2012, 08:56 AM
im actually shocked he's not on the main page. congrats to those who got through!!!

Nguyennh
10-14-2012, 08:57 AM
officially out of stock now. i ended up paying 7.50 in shipping. i sort of panicked when i saw him in stock and finished the payment without realizing i was a penny away from free shipping =_=

mcmus
10-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Good to "My Account", Order Status / Tracking and click the "Cancel Order" button if you don't want the other items.

It hasn't shown up in my order page yet but money is already taken from paypal. :(

asanjuan62
10-14-2012, 09:09 AM

Thanks!! I was going to wait till they sent me my conformation email to cancel, but that was easier... DAMN IT!!! so close MP Prime....

Goaliebot
10-14-2012, 09:11 AM
officially out of stock now. i ended up paying 7.50 in shipping. i sort of panicked when i saw him in stock and finished the payment without realizing i was a penny away from free shipping =_=

I took the chance and added a Cyberverse Wheeljack for $5 that I wanted anyway.

But I plan to phone the website customer service # Monday AM to ask if they can price adjust him to 30% off, which would kill free shipping anyway if they will.

Dragon Knight
10-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Not surprisingly, his EBay prices aren't any better:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Hasbro+Mp10+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

pandaprime
10-14-2012, 03:08 PM

dagnabit i was asleep. :argh:

tz101
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I had been calling my local store ever since the first sighting. I finally got lucky. I put one on hold thursday and got my dad to pick it up friday during the sale. It's a pretty sweet figure and im really happy that I got it for my first masterpiece. $78 is not bad considering I was ready to pay full retail just to get it.

Nguyennh
10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
i see it on toysrus.ca now with the mark down =_O did anyone contact customer service yet?

Goaliebot
10-15-2012, 08:58 AM
i see it on toysrus.ca now with the mark down =_O did anyone contact customer service yet?

I plan to try calling this morning, will report back with results.

Nguyennh
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
I plan to try calling this morning, will report back with results.

thank you sir! im patiently awaiting my shipping noticed :innocent:

San Fran
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I called the Dartmouth Crossing location here in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, and they had a customer come in earlier in the day also looking, but they didn't have any in stock.

They checked out back too apparently, but did not locate anything. I asked if they happened to know of a potential arrival date, and they said no.

Guess we'll just have to keep checking the TRU Canada online listing and hope you eventually find one in-store to avoid scalpers.

On a side note, I did manage to score an extra Voltron Black Lion/Keith on MattyCollector today. Hopefully be able to use it in a future trade for a Hasbro Masterpiece/G1 re-issue (Grimlock, Prime, Starscream, Unicron, Soundwave, etc.)

Icetron
10-15-2012, 03:25 PM
dagnabit i was asleep. :argh:

Lol same..

silvciv888
10-15-2012, 11:14 PM
TRU took down the MP prime from website?

pandaprime
10-15-2012, 11:50 PM
hmmmm even though its been released this particular transformer is extremely difficult to find on the shelf and/or in the store even... :argh: :mad: I visit my local TRU every day and nothing!

OP2000
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
I hate living in Quebec...language restriction...I want this masterpiece so badly...What a great price:yelling:

Sureshot22
10-16-2012, 10:10 AM
lol i guess the saying really is true, that nobody likes the french, including hasbro lol

OP2000
10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Lol, that's a low blow...but your right..freaking language police...We live Canada God Damn it!

SanMiguel
10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
I hate living in Quebec...language restriction...I want this masterpiece so badly...What a great price:yelling:

GREAT price at the same time great piece but hard to find:argh:

Dragon Knight
10-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Looking at the sightings fourms…is it safe to say that the hype is starting to die down somewhat for this figure?

Pgianos
10-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Nope Id say people have given up lol

Autobot_Orion
10-21-2012, 12:00 AM
I agree with the last post, especially for Ontario Tru's only having so many stores there for a high pop. They are still in demand since not every collecter has them yet. It is a very kool figure for the value. Some are selling them for 120 and up to 300 (kijiji scalper ont) Out here in the west its more common for the collecters to sell em at cost.

Darth Cylon
10-21-2012, 12:55 AM

Lol, that's a low blow...but your right..freaking language police...We live Canada God Damn it!

I read about the French language police are proposing not granting business license to retailers unless they have a French name, and they are targeting big box chains like Toys R Us, Walmart, Costco, Best Buy, Future Shop etc.

Hellboy
10-21-2012, 12:55 AM
I think there was added hype when the sale was on but now that it's over people are more relaxed about the wait.

My TRU guy said they would be getting regular shipments of MP-10 now so who's to say if the "rarity" of Optimus is as reliable as we first heard. Thundercracker seems to be easier to find now too... there were 3 sitting on the shelf last time I went to my store.

Autobot_Orion
10-22-2012, 07:31 PM
I think there was added hype when the sale was on but now that it's over people are more relaxed about the wait.

My TRU guy said they would be getting regular shipments of MP-10 now so who's to say if the "rarity" of Optimus is as reliable as we first heard. Thundercracker seems to be easier to find now too... there were 3 sitting on the shelf last time I went to my store.

Atm op cant b found anywhere ' did that tru source confirm that more would arrive by checking the computers?

shabooya
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
It has come to my attention that TRU employees at the store level know sweet fuck all about what is and isnt coming into the store.

Hellboy
10-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Atm op cant b found anywhere ' did that tru source confirm that more would arrive by checking the computers?

He did not check the computer but he's one of the few employees who seem to be knowledgeable about the Transformers line. He has not steered me wrong yet and has come through for me on several occasions. I don't have reason to doubt him although I relayed my skepticism based on what boardies are saying. He still seemed pretty certain more deliveries were eminent.

Autobot_Orion
10-23-2012, 01:57 AM
He did not check the computer but he's one of the few employees who seem to be knowledgeable about the Transformers line. He has not steered me wrong yet and has come through for me on several occasions. I don't have reason to doubt him although I relayed my skepticism based on what boardies are saying. He still seemed pretty certain more deliveries were eminent. It's almost always predictable that tru with get more but nothing near flooding shelf's... rather flying off the shelf. With Christmas time around it will be sought after, more will arrive but I dont expect him to be a shelf warmer. Calgary boardies are reporting MPs are claimed before they even get placed on the shelf. I would get MP OP if you see him, its too good to pass.

brr-icy
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
i hope to find the hasbro one, but i'm glad i got the takara one last christmas, i don't need the stress of searching for this one

Wheelie
10-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Guys, MP-10 is in stock on Toys 'R' Us.ca for $69.97! ... Here (http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12859337&prodFindSrc=oi)

ryceball89
10-24-2012, 09:39 AM
tried to order it... got all the way to the paypal screen, paid, got sent back to tru cart screen with nothing in it. No payment email from paypal :( confused...

CETERUS PRIME
10-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Guys, MP-10 is in stock on Toys 'R' Us.ca for $69.97! ... Here (http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12859337&prodFindSrc=oi)

Not adding to my cart, must be a glitch cause it's normally $99 and that link you provided is showing last week's sale price. Crap :(

digitalskull
10-24-2012, 09:52 AM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA It's now OUT OF STOCK!! :(
I'll never get it!!! So frustrating for us herre in Quebec!!

UltraPrimal
10-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Wow! It went out of stock just as I was trying to order it. Lame!

digitalskull
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
same here!! What's going on they put just a few online?!?!

CETERUS PRIME
10-24-2012, 09:58 AM
TRU's website is really lame. I was talking to a nice TRU lady on the phone while this was showing in stock, however, she had a hard time finding it on her own computer ! She eventually found it, and couldn't add it herself. A few moments later, she informed me it was out of stock ! My guess is they received a few boxes and they went to members on here in the last half hour, because without that link, you'd never find it on the website.

digitalskull
10-24-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes exactly! How do we find it on the website or where do people get the link? I never was able to find it without a link :(

dOubleO
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
I was able to complete a transaction but I still haven't received any email confirmation although my order is in my history which is under PROCESSING.

I'll keep everyone posted what happens next.

mcmus
10-24-2012, 10:15 AM
I was able to complete a transaction but I still haven't received any email confirmation although my order is in my history which is under PROCESSING.

I'll keep everyone posted what happens next.

you should be good because it appears in your transaction history.

Also, probably all they have is just one case which is just 2 OPs.

Wheelie
10-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Damn they went fast. Sorry guys. I tried. I did manage to get an order in for one.

dOubleO
10-24-2012, 10:49 AM
you should be good because it appears in your transaction history.

Also, probably all they have is just one case which is just 2 OPs.

I think so. I just received my confirmation order :clapping:

nuropa
10-24-2012, 11:11 AM
whoever ordered got lucky with the sale price, their system haven't adjusted the correct pricing. last time when it was in stock, the sales price wasn't applied until the next day when it was already out of stock.

Wheelie
10-24-2012, 03:19 PM
I think so. I just received my confirmation order :clapping:

Me too! :raisetheroof:

Heatbag
10-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Primes in stock again, but at regular price $99.99 and thundercracker was on website as well ToysRus.ca

Dark Rage
10-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Primes in stock again, but at regular price $99.99 and thundercracker was on website as well ToysRus.ca
MP OP: OOS again.

Heatbag
10-26-2012, 02:10 PM
AFAIK they only had 8 more of MP OP and 40 of Thundercracker and that was after I ordered.

sikkbones
10-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Why did you order 40?

Heatbag
10-26-2012, 02:16 PM
lol I typed in 50 to see how many are actually left and it added 40 to my cart which i deleted of course and thats how you figure a rough estimate on how many MP thundercrackers are left.

3rdStryk3
10-29-2012, 10:33 AM
So it appears there are more OP's coming to the US. Hopefully, it's the same here.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/prime-time-in-tulsa-toysrus-masterpiece-optimus-prime-starting-to-arrive-in-greater-numbers/26104/

Matrix_Holder
10-29-2012, 10:40 AM
yeah, but its $120 regular price at retail now down there.

SanMiguel
10-29-2012, 02:59 PM
i thought it will still remain to $99 mark priced earlier???

Heatbag
11-01-2012, 07:29 AM
I got my shipping notice yesterday, lol 1 is coming from ontario and the other from edmonton. The one from edmonton could have just stayed there, its gonna get sent back there to my nephew for his birthday. Oh well. Anyone else get there shipping notice from TRU.ca?

dOubleO
11-01-2012, 10:13 AM
^ Received my order last Tuesday but that was the "discounted" OP that suddenly popped up 2 weeks ago :)

max99d
11-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Still waiting for my shipping notice.

Bruticus
11-04-2012, 04:29 AM
To the mods: Sorry for the double-post... wanted to make sure this was in the right spot too...

Hey Gang,

This is not really a sighting, but more of me being the bearer of bad news... Sorry guys... I'm in the same boat as you. As some of you know, my Wife works at Toys R Us here in Kitchener and she is a HUGE TF fan like I am... for those who go in, they know her as "The Transformers Girl". She delivered some BAD news to me today I have to let you all know about.

TRU has officially discontinued the MP10 and what's out there will be all that they are getting. They had a lot on order and the orders have been cancelled. For those Members that are other TRU employees on the boards, she said that the system has them "marked X" which means discontinued.

No idea what this is going to mean about everyone's existing rainchecks, but if they are truly discontinued in Canada, then we shouldn't be holding our breath because it looks like the stock they do have left went to the new Kanata and Charlettown openings next weekend and the rest of us are getting shut out.

Wanted to let you all know... It disappoints me greatly.:rant:

ImNotThePro
11-04-2012, 06:39 AM
So... to Ebay I guess?

brr-icy
11-04-2012, 07:08 AM
man, is the 130 saved worth missing it? i'll stick with takara i think, at least they make enough to go around

justprime
11-04-2012, 08:41 AM
To the mods: Sorry for the double-post... wanted to make sure this was in the right spot too...

Hey Gang,

This is not really a sighting, but more of me being the bearer of bad news... Sorry guys... I'm in the same boat as you. As some of you know, my Wife works at Toys R Us here in Kitchener and she is a HUGE TF fan like I am... for those who go in, they know her as "The Transformers Girl". She delivered some BAD news to me today I have to let you all know about.

TRU has officially discontinued the MP10 and what's out there will be all that they are getting. They had a lot on order and the orders have been cancelled. For those Members that are other TRU employees on the boards, she said that the system has them "marked X" which means discontinued.

No idea what this is going to mean about everyone's existing rainchecks, but if they are truly discontinued in Canada, then we shouldn't be holding our breath because it looks like the stock they do have left went to the new Kanata and Charlettown openings next weekend and the rest of us are getting shut out.

If this is true,.. as we have seen things change in the past this may be tempory due to stock supplies if not I have to wonder (with the popularity of this figure) what the hell Hasbro and toysrus are thinking so close to Christmas? Another reason that this should have been a bigger release (read walmart here) as opposed to a toys exclusive not to mention limited stock release here in canada, did we gets screwed again?, apparently yes.

Alexander Quinn
11-04-2012, 11:26 AM

Hey Gang,

I guess the company would rather focus on something more profitable that they know the public has a high demand for, like "Year of the Dragon" Ultimate Prime and more DOTM Deluxes.

Captain Sarcasm, signing off...

sarmick01
11-04-2012, 11:39 AM
man, is the 130 saved worth missing it? i'll stick with takara i think, at least they make enough to go around

I believe there may have been enough to go around, but with scalpers and people needing to buy 2, there wasn't.

Hellboy
11-04-2012, 01:00 PM
I think it's partly due to past MP sales and guestimating what the market will bear for a $100 Transformer.

Rodimus is still hanging around in some stores and I was told by a TRU employee who said (according to the system) even the MP Grimlock has sold "recently". He was expecting MP-10 would get orders refilled but gave me the same news that it's now officially discontinued.

I think that with MP-10 they looked at the numerous Optimus MP figures that had already been released and made a decision based on how many collectors they though would support the sale of the new one at the $100 mark. Can they count on scalpers to clean the shelves? Can they estimate how many of us are willing to buy two (or more)? No.

I suspect they looked at the sales of Rodimus and immediately lowered the production number. From there they shaved a little off the numbers because of the price point. Then they shaved a little more off the top due to the number of previous releases and... voila! They hit a number that supported the production numbers and sold out completely leaving them and their retailers with exactly what we all want to see... empty shelves with room for new product.

Thundercracker (please note I'm not using this as a racist term) will probably show different numbers because as much as a lot of us wanted this seeker (and Hasbro listened) I think they would have had better results with launching Starscream first. Thundercracker may end up having sales like Roddy.

Maybe we'll get lucky and when they finally get around to releasing Starscream they'll revisit MP-10 without the trailer for the lower price point.

justprime
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't think that they have a clue,. as for left over Mp's depends on where you are, havent seen a roddy or grimlock for several months in my travels..... going by previous sales comparing Rodimus or Grimlock(toysrus) is like comparing skywarp and starscreams (walmart) release (they never released thundercracker old MP scale here at all) one, of the reasons that this figure sells around the 200.00 + mark,... with the asian release of MP 10 over a year ago (black convoy mp 10 b now out) and sales still being strong (another reason Takara Tomy is continuing with convoy above other releases) and the robust sales for a figure barly out here and in the states,... Not to mention unlike the seekers (they appeared in walmart) the mp pieces were only Toysrus exclusive,.. again a poor outlook and decision by marketing hasbro and toysrus,.. again at chrismas time besides the way Toysrus overstocks and the amount of sales they have to liqudate product I suspect that hasbro has given them at heavily discounted product clearing out there warehouses to flood/dump the market with I would have to wonder if there lossing at all in this game and what the actual reason for non stock and cancellation on a new product such as this was,.... as for the 100.00 price tag this seems to be quite affordable from both a collectors point as well as a Christmas present for little johnny not an issue when you consider the disposable income today by most and the fact that a good vedio/computer game runs along the same price line

Bountyan
11-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Of course the only MP I manage to find is the one that's not being discontinued..

canprime
11-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't think that they have a clue,. as for left over Mp's depends on where you are, havent seen a roddy or grimlock for several months in my travels..... going by previous sales comparing Rodimus or Grimlock(toysrus) is like comparing skywarp and starscreams (walmart) release (they never released thundercracker old MP scale here at all) one, of the reasons that this figure sells around the 200.00 + mark,... with the asian release of MP 10 over a year ago (black convoy mp 10 b now out) and sales still being strong (another reason Takara Tomy is continuing with convoy above other releases) and the robust sales for a figure barly out here and in the states,... Not to mention unlike the seekers (they appeared in walmart) the mp pieces were only Toysrus exclusive,.. again a poor outlook and decision by marketing hasbro and toysrus,.. again at chrismas time besides the way Toysrus overstocks and the amount of sales they have to liqudate product I suspect that hasbro has given them at heavily discounted product clearing out there warehouses to flood/dump the market with I would have to wonder if there lossing at all in this game and what the actual reason for non stock and cancellation on a new product such as this was,.... as for the 100.00 price tag this seems to be quite affordable from both a collectors point as well as a Christmas present for little johnny not an issue when you consider the disposable income today by most and the fact that a good vedio/computer game runs along the same price line

????

Dragon Knight
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Real fortunate and lucky that my raincheck came in when it did. MP10 is a great figure and a steal at 80$, it's just a shame that not everyone who wants one will have the opportunity to own one…

What gets me though is…why limit the sale on a character like Optimus Prime? Hasbro should know how popular a character like him is.

pandaprime
11-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Real fortunate and lucky that my raincheck came in when it did. MP10 is a great figure and a steal at 80$, it's just a shame that not everyone who wants one will have the opportunity to own one…

What gets me though is…why limit the sale on a character like Optimus Prime? Hasbro should know how popular a character like him is.

but Optimus Prime isn't limited. Look at all the Year of the Dragon Ultimate Primes on the shelves! :primelaugh:

Nomad
11-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I know right?

Seriously though, this is a damn shame, and if nothing ends up happening to otherwise fix it, it'll just go to show how disconnected even TRU has become with their markets. However, I'd still argue that TRU's the best place for something like this if only 1 store gets em because at least their distribution is focused & consistent. If Wal-Mart, Target, or one of the US stores got the ticket, even less of us would probably have gotten lucky, and we'd also have paid 100+ instead of maybe getting even luckier with the 30% off sale.

CETERUS PRIME
11-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I emailed TRU online yesterday to see if this is indeed true. I'll copy/paste their response on here, as vague as it probably will be.

dak
11-04-2012, 03:59 PM
... and when they finally get around to releasing Starscream they'll revisit MP-10 without the trailer for the lower price point.

Maybe I'm missing something... Do you mean releasing starscream with the new mold... Or a MP starscream in general? Cause there was already a Walmart exclusive MP starscream. Forget if it was only US or not.

babbayagga
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM

Hey Gang,

Does your wife happen to know how many Charlottetown is getting? I'm going over there next weekend. Will see if I can get one for me/son and some extra's for others who missed out.

ChaosTheory
11-04-2012, 04:51 PM
*edit - wrong province

Hellboy
11-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Optimus prime is a great figure but the MPs are still a "collector" figure and not aimed at everybody who like Optimus prime. Most of the kids who like Optimus will be going for the more playable TF Prime figures or ghastly movie Optimus figures they were mislead into believing were cool.

Part and parcel with the MP-10 is that it is a TRU exclusive and the production number Hasbro went with surely involved the minimum amount of pieces TRU wanted to invest in.

CETERUS PRIME
11-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Just got a reply back on my inquiry regarding MP OP. Basically the email said to keep checking back, as stock gets updated regularly. It was also mentioned to use the "email me when available" tab, but it's not showing for MP OP. There was nothing mentioned about whether or not MP OP was discontinued or not, so I'm hoping this is just a temporary response as to why there are fewer than expected quantities. Fingers crossed xx

Heatbag
11-04-2012, 06:12 PM
MP OP has been marked discontinued for awhile here in Winnipeg, but he still flows in assortments that TRU is still filling rainchecks. So take it as a grain of salt I would say. Just got my call to fill my raincheck but I won't be as I got from TRU.ca already.

asanjuan62
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
MP OP has been marked discontinued for awhile here in Winnipeg, but he still flows in assortments that TRU is still filling rainchecks. So take it as a grain of salt I would say. Just got my call to fill my raincheck but I won't be as I got from TRU.ca already.

I thought you picked up your rain check. did you get another one? If you did and you're not using it, I'll gladly take it off your hands....

Toilettron
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't mean to be rude here but, Hasbro can't make anything right. Whatever reason they had to do this, is a careless mistake and a pretty big one too. My MP Rodimus is so loose he can't stand without support. It's ridiculous. Alos he can't anything in his hands, no gun, no targetmaster, or buzzsaw.
My Takara's don't do that. Each part is tight and able to stand on it's own. People complain about everything being to sharp or too small, which in the end makes the toy look ridiculous.
As a kid I got PM Prime. I loved it, but now I see the Takara one, and I am utterly disgusted at what I though was quality. Even the actual G1 Hasbro Cars and others were all majorly flawed.
Hasbro, should be called Hasblow.

ImNotThePro
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
So for the people who never got the figure, what's the next move?

Dragon Knight
11-04-2012, 08:45 PM

At this point, I wouldn't pay the scalper prices. You may as well just shell out the cash for the Takara one if you really want one.

Bountyan
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Wait for a good opportunity from someone selling it second hand.

If I'm desperate I'll even pay ebay/scalper prices. I'll still save a good amount than buying Takara MP 10.

canprime
11-04-2012, 08:57 PM

Wait until the new year for a couple of reasons.

1) Wait and see if more stock shows up. While the system may say discontinued now, who knows what will come, especially with Christmas coming. Remember, even though stores sell the product, corporate makes the decisions.

2) If there are no more coming, then the initial rush will be even bigger with the Christmas rush to get one for someone. After Christmas/New Year, the craziness will have died down somewhat. Also after Christmas people tend to have less money to spend so you might be able to snag one for a better price.

This is all just speculation though so decide for yourself. I picked up the Takara version last year so I am not dying to get the Hasbro version.

ImNotThePro
11-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Wait until the new year for a couple of reasons.

1) Wait and see if more stock shows up. While the system may say discontinued now, who knows what will come, especially with Christmas coming. Remember, even though stores sell the product, corporate makes the decisions.

2) If there are no more coming, then the initial rush will be even bigger with the Christmas rush to get one for someone. After Christmas/New Year, the craziness will have died down somewhat. Also after Christmas people tend to have less money to spend so you might be able to snag one for a better price.

This is all just speculation though so decide for yourself. I picked up the Takara version last year so I am not dying to get the Hasbro version.

Well, at this point I think I'm going to wait until xmas and see what happens. I'll wait around a bit later after new years and if nothing comes then I will start monitoring ebay.

Right now he's going for like $150.00ish, and that includes shipping.

My MP TC is on the way so maybe I'll just go with Takara's MP-11. But I don't know if Hasbro will release a Starscream or Skywarp in the MP-11 mold. Although it's not important, I really want that stand with Starscream and MP-11 doesn't have one. So I wonder who's gonna release Skywarp?

Heatbag
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I thought you picked up your rain check. did you get another one? If you did and you're not using it, I'll gladly take it off your hands....

I did pick it up before, I also got another one which I had cancelled today @ 5pm this evening. There was some at customer service again @ Regent TRU because they pulled it out of a fresh box and there was another box right beside it and there was also MP TC as well. But a dude was also buying 2 MP OP behind me and wanted to buy the one I cancelled but I don't think they sold it to him. So if anyone else didn't get them there should be 2 more MP OP's @ Regent TRU in the morning for sure.

Darth Cylon
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Takara MP-10 is still available from HLJ.

Joalro
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Whoever returned a Masterpiece Prime to Kitchener TRU, thank you very much! They have him on hold for me and i'm picking him up right after class!

Mysterious stranger, you rock!

deagle7000
11-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Right now he's going for like $150.00ish, and that includes shipping.

Most of the listings I've seen on ebay are for around that but the shipping is extra.

Aizen-sama
11-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Ok. I just got off the phone with Toys R Us Canada. Basically they canceled my online order from 2 weeks ago when MP Op was still "on sale". Apparently they go from order of importance, there were 200 figs available and I was lucky 201. My order had already been processed, and waiting to be shipped. Then I got an email today saying that the transaction is canceled. I call BS because I placed the damn order before stock was sold out!!! Before other people on the board placed their orders. I asked if MP-10 was being discontinued and the PR manager couldn't find it in the system. She basically said that I would have to wait for it to go back in stock online. $#@%$#$^#* :argh: :yelling:

I can't tell you how freaking pissed I am right now! Seriously I was basically holding my tongue/rage at this person. I haven't gone to the brick and mortar stores because I thought I had my MP-10. I am absolutely disgusted that they would treat customers like this.

I guess I'll have to change my damn sig won't I? :mad:

Heatbag
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Ok. I just got off the phone with Toys R Us Canada. Basically they canceled my online order from 2 weeks ago when MP Op was still "on sale". Apparently they go from order of importance, there were 200 figs available and I was lucky 201. My order had already been processed, and waiting to be shipped. Then I got an email today saying that the transaction is canceled. I call BS because I placed the damn order before stock was sold out!!! Before other people on the board placed their orders. I asked if MP-10 was being discontinued and the PR manager couldn't find it in the system. She basically said that I would have to wait for it to go back in stock online. $#@%$#$^#* :argh: :yelling:

I can't tell you how freaking pissed I am right now! Seriously I was basically holding my tongue/rage at this person. I haven't gone to the brick and mortar stores because I thought I had my MP-10. I am absolutely disgusted that they would treat customers like this.

I guess I'll have to change my damn sig won't I? :mad:

What exactly did your email say? If you don't mind me asking.

Aizen-sama
11-05-2012, 08:21 PM
It said that my order had been canceled. They had "problems" authorizing my transaction. I checked my statements and the payment was withdrawn and pending for 2 weeks. It was put back into my account yesterday. Never had problems using paypal before. From my understanding, the only way transactions can be reversed is through paypal or the vendor (TRU). I called paypal about it and they said that it was TRU that had canceled the transaction. Then I was granted a 3-way conference call between TRU, Paypal, and myself.

I didn't have any problems ordering Thundercracker. Did I mention that the box was damaged when I received it? :argh:

Heatbag
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm.... That's wierd because I got the same email about my MP TC that I ordered on 10/25/2012 . And I ordered pretty early when they had 55 on the website and had a website restock as well. But I did get my MP OP from TRU.ca and I ordered on 10/26/2012. So thats really f****d up. Did they tell you to keep checking the website? Thats what they told me to do.

Aizen-sama
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Hmmmm.... That's wierd because I got the same email about my MP TC that I ordered on 10/25/2012 . And I ordered pretty early when they had 55 on the website and had a website restock as well. But I did get my MP OP from TRU.ca and I ordered on 10/26/2012. So thats really f****d up. Did they tell you to keep checking the website? Thats what they told me to do.

Really? Lol. I ordered Thundercracker on the Saturday (Oct. 27th) and got it on the Wednesday, box cracked and dented. Did you do your transaction thru paypal or credit card?

Heatbag
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
I did mine thru credit card which they placed a hold on the funds and still have a hold on them as well.

Nomad
11-05-2012, 08:41 PM
See, what I don't understand most of all is how people (be it in store or at their depo or wherever the phone calls go) can't find an item in their computer system when they have more than an abundance of information regarding it, including the upc & sales history available to them.

Aizen-sama
11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
I did mine thru credit card which they placed a hold on the funds and still have a hold on them as well.

Hmm. I ordered my Prime on Oct. 24th. I asked the PR rep why my order wasn't switched to the later batch. She couldn't give an answer.

Regarding why MP OP wasn't in the system, she said it could have been discontinued.

Nomad
11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Wrong thread. Disregard what you think you saw.

CETERUS PRIME
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
TRU customer service won't acknowledge whether or not MP OP is discontinued because they want us to keep checking the website regularly in hopes we will buy something else. They surely know the truth regarding the matter, they just won't tell us because that would be a poor business move. And the fact that orders are being cancelled tells us more than we want to hear, and sadly, that's the truth !

Sun Swipe Prime
11-05-2012, 11:31 PM
It would really suck if MP-10 was discontinued. BUT for those who haven't gotten the figure yet, don't panic too much. Think about what happened with MP-01. How many times did that eventually get re-released? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but maybe, three-four times?

So even if you miss out now, there's always next time. I know that's not much consolation considering nobody wants to wait a year or two for something they should be able to get now. But try not to get too wound up.

Just thought I'd put some perspective on things. Hopefully a big shipment comes in and everyone gets theirs.

Shock
11-06-2012, 09:32 AM
It would really suck if MP-10 was discontinued. BUT for those who haven't gotten the figure yet, don't panic too much. Think about what happened with MP-01. How many times did that eventually get re-released? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but maybe, three-four times?

So even if you miss out now, there's always next time. I know that's not much consolation considering nobody wants to wait a year or two for something they should be able to get now. But try not to get too wound up.

Just thought I'd put some perspective on things. Hopefully a big shipment comes in and everyone gets theirs.

But was MP-01 a TRU exclusive? I can't remember as it was about 8 years ago. I got my MP-01 at 50% off at Winners back in the day about a year after release. They had a pile of them.

CETERUS PRIME
11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
MP OP is in stock on TRU.com, and get this, there are people in the US who are STILL waiting for shipping confirmation on their orders over a month ago ! So there you have it, TRU is messed up EVERYWHERE !

Goodapollo4
11-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Has anyone placed an order with TRU.com? What is the shipping to Canada like?

Well never mind, they wont ship MP-10 to Canada anyway.

mcmus
11-06-2012, 11:41 AM
MP OP is in stock on TRU.com, and get this, there are people in the US who are STILL waiting for shipping confirmation on their orders over a month ago ! So there you have it, TRU is messed up EVERYWHERE !
Wow, it is $119.99 US.

max99d
11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Item can not be shipped to Canada, just tired.

GrimlockGT
11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
I had MP Thundercracker shipped from TRU.com. The figure was $75 and with shipping, customs and tax it came to $102.

Has anyone placed an order with TRU.com? What is the shipping to Canada like?

Well never mind, they wont ship MP-10 to Canada anyway.

CETERUS PRIME
11-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Nope, they won't ship this to Canada for some strange reason, I tried several different ways to pay and neither worked. Only option is to ship to someone you know in the US, or wait it out and see what happens here in Canada. I can get 2 shipped to Cali for $260 total, but then there's shipping to NS which will probably be another $40-$60.

Sun Swipe Prime
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
But was MP-01 a TRU exclusive? I can't remember as it was about 8 years ago. I got my MP-01 at 50% off at Winners back in the day about a year after release. They had a pile of them.

I did some checking and from what I found MP-01 was released in 2004 and 2006. The second release I know for sure wasn't an exclusive. They sold it at futureshop. The second release was right before the first movie.

Those two releases were just the North American releases. There's also the Japanses re-releases. They released the figure three times in red and again three more times in black, white, and in sleep-mode colors.

So I doubt this is the one-and-only time this mold will be released.

Here's the link to where I found the info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_Masterpiece

chans formers
11-06-2012, 07:44 PM
I did some checking and from what I found MP-01 was released in 2004 and 2006. The second release I know for sure wasn't an exclusive. They sold it at futureshop. The second release was right before the first movie.

Those two releases were just the North American releases. There's also the Japanses re-releases. They released the figure three times in red and again three more times in black, white, and in sleep-mode colors.

So I doubt this is the one-and-only time this mold will be released.

Here's the link to where I found the info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers:_Masterpieceiirc,the hasbro first version(battle damaged with short stacks) was a walmart exclusive.i somewhat remember searching the rows of them in vain looking for the black rifle variant.(also,iirc,it was the same time that classics first came out,bb/starscream/hotrod/grimlock/prime/nerf gun megs,etc)

deagle7000
11-07-2012, 02:19 AM
I got that second version from a Target for $20 back in the day because it wouldn't scan and they didn't know the price lol.

Sokar
11-07-2012, 03:01 AM
iirc,the hasbro first version(battle damaged with short stacks) was a walmart exclusive.i somewhat remember searching the rows of them in vain looking for the black rifle variant.(also,iirc,it was the same time that classics first came out,bb/starscream/hotrod/grimlock/prime/nerf gun megs,etc)

I remember picking my mp01 w/ the short stacks and gun at toys r us on macleod trail for 99.95 iirc when they first came out.

I only ever saw them at toys r us though.

dingd0ng
11-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Optimus Prime currently in stock on toysrus.ca. 5 left

CLO
11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
To late, sold out of MP OP on toysrus.ca websit. However they do have Thundercracker.

Maximus*Prime13
11-09-2012, 03:36 PM
It doesn't expire, unless the product is discontinued. Also, rainchecks can be used anywhere as long as the manager at the particular store allows it.

That was what i was told by an employee from Toys R Us.

I just used my raincheck at the Kanata store 2 days ago, AFTER MP Op was officially discontinued... but I guess you can still use it as long as there is still stock on the shelves.

Msol
11-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Whoops, wrong thread

dingd0ng
11-16-2012, 04:12 PM
So is Hasbro Masterpiece Prime really discontinued?

Tonestar
11-16-2012, 05:53 PM
According to TRU employees it has been discontinued but they are still showing up sporatically around the country and odds are since they're not selling fast enough in Japan and the U.S. we might get some more trickling down our way.

blueandwhite
11-16-2012, 05:59 PM
According to TRU employees it has been discontinued but they are still showing up sporatically around the country and odds are since they're not selling fast enough in Japan and the U.S. we might get some more trickling down our way.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Just because certain regions end up with an overabundance of stock doesn't mean that we'll see more coming up here. If you luck out and manage to find one in Toys R Us consider yourself fortunate. Some toys warm the shelves for months; others like MP Prime are going to be a rare commodity for Canadians.

shockwave555
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM

XScargo may come through

ryceball89
11-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Optimus Prime currently in stock on toysrus.ca. 5 left

Thanks a lot! Mine arrived and I would never have checked tru's website if it weren't for you!

dingd0ng
11-16-2012, 08:58 PM
ryceball89 no problem, its good to get stuff at cost and not let the scalpers benefit.

I should of got one for my boss, didn't know he wanted one too. But i have one myself plus MP THundercrack. So i am done. Good luck to anyone else looking, if i see it on toyrus.ca again i will let you all know. ciao

silvciv888
11-16-2012, 09:23 PM
ryceball89 no problem, its good to get stuff at cost and not let the scalpers benefit.

I should of got one for my boss, didn't know he wanted one too. But i have one myself plus MP THundercrack. So i am done. Good luck to anyone else looking, if i see it on toyrus.ca again i will let you all know. ciao

damn. i guess they are all gone? i lost the link damn it

Bountyan
11-16-2012, 09:27 PM
It feels like this past year and a half has been "let's cut short the release of all the toys everyone is looking forward to."

Man, this is frustrating.

ChrisW
11-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I cannot imagine that Hasbro would think that Optimus frikken' Prime would deserve less of a release than Grimlock or Hot Rod. There's no way we don't see more of these before Xmas. I mean, here in BC MP OP did not last long enough in stores for the general public to even know he existed. It never made it to shelves at any of the BC TRUs. Does that seem like a good marketing strategy to anyone?

Big ticket item for an iconic character in the prime Xmas shopping season? There will be more. :argh:

babbayagga
11-17-2012, 05:22 PM
XScargo may come through

perhaps you might be right....if you go to the xscargo site and type in optimus... you do get a hit for 49.99.. no details or picture though. Likely for year of the dragon, I'm guessing.

joshimus
11-17-2012, 05:41 PM
It feels like this past year and a half has been "let's cut short the release of all the toys everyone is looking forward to."

Man, this is frustrating.
What are you talking about?
We got a very limited release of First Edition Voyagers, even more limited release MP Prime, nothing past wave 2 deluxes that weren't more Bumbelbees, wall of yellow not disappearing, Kre-o Blind Packs single release, GDO figs where Wheelie is MIA, hardly any new shi...oh I see what you are saying.

Yeah, it does feel like new things are being forgotten to be released, but not just TF's. Avengers figs got pretty much one set of the new wave with the proper Hawkeye and Scarjo/Widow and Fury, still haven't seen the entire TDKR MM wave 2 line (still need Raz and hoping Wal-mart Canada gets the Gordon Excl) and yeah it does feel like stores aren't buying until old is gone first. That said I get that they want to do that but it doesn't help sell when nothing new is released.
Hell, as far as new goes, for me, just the TMNT stuff and even that is already stale.

isherlock
12-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I cannot imagine that Hasbro would think that Optimus frikken' Prime would deserve less of a release than Grimlock or Hot Rod. There's no way we don't see more of these before Xmas. I mean, here in BC MP OP did not last long enough in stores for the general public to even know he existed. It never made it to shelves at any of the BC TRUs. Does that seem like a good marketing strategy to anyone?

Big ticket item for an iconic character in the prime Xmas shopping season? There will be more. :argh:

Totally agree, non of our local tru stores displayed the mps, they were usually hidden under the customer service desk and u had to ask if they have it. For those who did not know they existed didnt even had the chance to buy them, unfair was an understatement for the whole situation. I wonder if most employees simply didnt care

deagle7000
12-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I imagine the employees bought quite a few of them to resell.

Bnz Toy
12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
I wonder if they are actually doing this. I have yet to see a single MP10 at the 3 TRUs that I frequent. I had to get mine at a mark up like many others.

I don't want to further any rumors and I still think it's just the lack of supply and distribution tho.