PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Sale At Toys R Us Canada

Benzo
08-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Starting this Friday Aug. 17th. - Aug. 23rd. Toys R Us will be having a 25% off sale on all Transformers figures and vehicles. This sale excludes clearance items.

All Kre-o will also be on sale for 30% off.

sikkbones
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
how much are Weaponizer's at TRU going for currently?

joshimus
08-15-2012, 06:09 PM
30.00. Still have my receipt

sikkbones
08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
I thiNk i might wait for a 40% Sale.. 23 is still too much to pay for the ugliness that is that particluar Mold of Optimus prime.

renegade_decepticon
08-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Does this include Fall of Cybertron figures?

sikkbones
08-15-2012, 06:40 PM

have they Even been spotted in Ontario TRU's Yet?

Benzo
08-15-2012, 06:43 PM

if you can find them at TRU then they are on sale too..

UltraPrimal
08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Is it too much to hope that MP Prime gets released in the next week?

Nomad
08-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Probably, but who knows? Also, this seems like as good of a time as any to check if the Kelowna store has the CV Breakdown & the Driller thing with Knockout.

Darth Cylon
08-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Is it too much to hope that MP Prime gets released in the next week?

Don't jinx it!!

Alexander Quinn
08-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Psh. My store hasn't seen new stock since December, except for those hideous Movie Trilogy Primes. Kinda sad when I can find better swag at Superstore and the Bargain! Shop.

pandaprime
08-15-2012, 09:33 PM
i'm buying today and price adjusting friday :)

Nomad
08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
... looks like I'll be nabbing some overtime this weekend after all :D

Undrave
08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
A random sale?! Smells like the need to clear space for new stock :D

Fingers crossed!

Maybe I should just relent and finally get DOTM Sideswipe, just to remove one from the pegs.

Nomad
08-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Don't forget about Darksteel.

Also, I like your theory, especially since I just finished sending pms out to people selling stuff I've given up waiting for at retail. In other words, we're gonna start seeing it as soon as those sales are confirmed couse that's just how this hobby works.

Undrave
08-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Don't forget about Darksteel.

Also, I like your theory, especially since I just finished sending pms out to people selling stuff I've given up waiting for at retail. In other words, we're gonna start seeing it as soon as those sales are confirmed couse that's just how this hobby works.

Can't find any Darksteel anymore myself. But I don't mind, all the ones I saw in stores had horrible scuffles mark on the teal flames deco.

Prowl_2009
08-16-2012, 09:41 AM
I`ll have to get to TRU some time this weekend, still wanna grab RID Cliffjumper and maybe DOTM Skyhammer. :D

KindGrind
08-16-2012, 11:09 AM
About Skyhammer, I went to a few TRU stores recently, couldn't put my hands on one. Is he still around anywhere, or I'm I just plain unlucky?

Also, a quick question for you guys... I grabbed a few FE Primes last week at my local TRU. Surely if I go back with my receipt and unopened figures they can reimburse the 25% difference?

Oreobuilder
08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
About Skyhammer, I went to a few TRU stores recently, couldn't put my hands on one. Is he still around anywhere, or I'm I just plain unlucky?

Also, a quick question for you guys... I grabbed a few FE Primes last week at my local TRU. Surely if I go back with my receipt and unopened figures they can reimburse the 25% difference?

Yup, just bring in the receipt and tell them you want to have the price adjusted. They are very good about this and never put up a fuss. All you need is your receipt and the card you used to make the purchase.

OB

Perceptor
08-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Too bad not much interesting to buy at TRU or anywhere else retail these days! :(

Plainsjumper
08-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Maybe I should just relent and finally get DOTM Sideswipe, just to remove one from the pegs.

I hesitated for a long time before getting that one too. But it's a good figure and very lean in robot mode. If the limbs were streamlined in robot mode it could be a Prime figure.

Undrave
08-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I hesitated for a long time before getting that one too. But it's a good figure and very lean in robot mode. If the limbs were streamlined in robot mode it could be a Prime figure.

Yeah I guess it's not bad, but that GREY is so dull! I know they can't afford a fully silver painted guy... but COM'ON! In the gradient of color between silver paint and gamesworkshop grey plastic there HAS to be something that looks nicer than that! Lackluster colors is also why I always put DOTM Megatron back on the shelves whenever I feel like getting him :argh:

And seeing the hole in the floor kinda bug me. I think I would be more enclined to buy him if he was packaged in robot mode :p

Metroplex79
08-16-2012, 11:24 PM
We're going to need a better sale to get rid of the BBs off the shelves.

razin
08-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Should be a bog3bb sale. Buy one, get 3 Bee's for free sale.

Nomad
08-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Or just mass sell those fuckers to discount retailers that'll spread em the fuck around. That way, each store will only get like 2-3, rather than 20-30...

Get em outa the country too, especially once Winners fills up couse I don't want that shit in my London Drugs.

ARCTrooperAlpha
08-17-2012, 02:17 AM
We're going to need a better sale to get rid of the BBs off the shelves.

What's at toysrus now ? the one by vic park and lawrence, i don't fancy the one at eglinton to be much better.

canprime
08-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Well my one of my local TRUs still has a couple of MP Rodimus' so I'll pick up one, maybe two for the sale price.

RodimusReigns
08-17-2012, 06:59 AM
Well my one of my local TRUs still has a couple of MP Rodimus' so I'll pick up one, maybe two for the sale price.
Didn't know MP Rodimus was still available! Which TRUs are you near?

gobombersgo
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Sweet, now I can build my bumblebee army at 25% off!

How many should I buy? 2, maybe 3 hundred? They would then almost be sold out of them!

KindGrind
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Swung by my local TRU this morning (Laurier, Ste-Foy) and snatched the last Energon Driller off the shelves. I've held off quite a bit to get it, but it felt like the right time this morning. I had a few price adjustments to take care of so it cost me next to nothing in the end. Apart from that, not mut else of interest there, really. A few common DOTM voyagers (Sentinel, Ironhide -which I don't have-, Shockwave, Prime/Fireburst Prime), a ridiculous amount of Movie Trilogy Prime/FE Bees and not much else. No FOC yet.

Any thoughts on Voyager Ironhide? Worth shelling out twice the amount+shipping on Leader Ironhide instead?

Undrave
08-18-2012, 01:10 AM
TRU Laurier had the Energon Driller?! ARG! they didn't have it when I went last monday >< DAMN YOU TRU!

pandaprime
08-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Last day of the sale! i found nothing new at my local stores during the whole time :(