PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 27: Orion Pax - Discussion

razin
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
YT Links

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-PkHYR0Hg)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0Te10uwmI)

The usual youtube quality, but watchable.

pandaprime
02-19-2012, 12:27 AM
that's just PRIME :p

trizeo
02-19-2012, 12:42 AM
SWEET thanks Razin!

Aight... So here's what I like about it.

Arcee - She was awesome! I loved the fact that she tried with all her might to find OP. Had an awesome matrix style scene as well as the usual in and out of alt modes. It also showcased how small she was! dang!

Vehicons jets - First time I had a good look @ their alt mode.... kinda like it! here's hoping for some toys of them!

Soundwave - Real bad ass! I mean I didn't even know what he was doing.... @ first I thought he was like tyring to hack into her to like stop her dead in her tracks or something but he did the smart thing.... bridged her ass to the poles! ahahah! Not a huge SW fan but this version of him is all kinds of win for me.

Starscream - Haven't been a fan of him that much but it's nice to see that he's back and he had a moment of badassery! It's also nice to know that he's gonna start to help in jogging OP's memory banks!

Bulkhead - Love seeing him wanting his boss bot back and showing alot of emotion almost wanting to smack Arcee because of the loss of his beloved leader.

Jack - The leader role in him is starting to come out and it really shows that he's going to play a major role in the boss bots return.

All in all the wait was worth it but as usual a cliffhanger which really is annoying but is really necessary as it keeps the audiance wanting more.... and I want more!

The falling apart of the autobot crew to me was the classic losing the leader scenario but in the midst of that there was Jack who pulled everything back... well somewhat.

Can't wait until the next episode... I hope to see more emotional loss from the bots as well as maybe a tidbit more from Soundwave just cuz!

UltraPrimal
02-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Thanks Razin! Man, I hate how sometimes I can never find anything on YouTube just because 1 dickhead created multiple accounts and spams YouTube with the same misleading shit trying to trick people into giving him views or just piss people off.

Arcee: "Maybe Optimus believes there's more to Jack than meets the eye".
Hahaha! I lol'ed when I heard it in the promo and I lol'ed again in the episode. Favourite line in TFP! Narrowly beating out Ratchet's "Hoowaa!" :D

I can't wait for parts 2 and 3!

SleeplessKnight
02-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Totally awesome! My favorite episode so far! Thanks Razin!

Arcee was badass this episode. She kicked butt!

Soundwave was awesome! Fight smarter, not harder.

Starscream. LOL! He's totally gonna screw up Megatrons plans. Hilarious!

alternatorfan
02-19-2012, 01:29 AM
oh its on baby. that is a good season opener my heart is pounding! bump, bump.....bump,bump,,,,,,bump,bump!

vohkuhl
02-20-2012, 03:49 AM
AWESOME!!!

XII
02-20-2012, 08:06 AM
I loved this episode too, it was just fantastic to me. I noticed that the Autobot emblem is like painted on OP's arm but they engraved the Decepticon emblem on him, and I kinda hope they keep it there for a while, like it's an issue to get off with out replacing the plating.

I am a huge fan of this Soundwave, the guy doesn't do much but man when he does, he is impressive.

I really liked Arcee's roll in this episode too, she was just bad ass, that roar of frustration she let out after being bridged by Soundwave, that was so... it made me giddy to see such emotion.

And oh, Starscream showing up at the end, you definitely got a look at why he is Megatron's second in command. He was vicious, a cold energoned killer.

I just really liked this episode, I was disappointed when it ended, I just wanted to keep watching.

Vain
02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Good season opener but I don't liek how they reintroduced Starscream.

You'd think if he was labeled a traitor he'd have a harder time getting on board the ship in the first place.

Other then that, it was quite good. I liked seeing the autobot team breaking down and as always Ratchet is pretty great.

Nullray
02-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I like this episode so far. Sets up a good story arch to unravel. If Orion Pax is a historian librarian wouldn't he be checking the books on that terminal of what happened? The Vehicons essentially treated him as a prisoner confined to quarters when Arcee was fighting. Starscream is gonna play a great role in the upcoming episodes. Do you really think that Jack can properly use that key? Should be interesting to see how that develops. I like how they leave alot of open ended situations. Great beginning story writing to capture the audience.

Pascal
02-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Can't believe I haven't finished yet the first 5 episodes from last year... It will take me forever to catch up!

vohkuhl
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Trust me it won't take forever, its just that good!

someguy99
02-20-2012, 10:07 PM

And oh, Starscream showing up at the end, you definitely got a look at why he is Megatron's second in command. He was vicious, a cold energoned killer.

I like this incarnation of Starscream. Excuse the pun but he screams I'm a total backstabbing scumbag.

Plainsjumper
02-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Well with Starscream.... instead of getting into technical particulars, just note the history of the character: He's been second in command for millions of years, and has for that long been in Megatron's view, just effective enough to not bother to eliminate yet. (Consider what standards Megatron would have regarding sucess) Plus factor in long term scheming and it's not unreasonable that he could either dupe whatever security the ship had, or had put in his own secret way to have the security not register his presence if he didn't want it to a long time ago.

I don't buy the movieverse's stat portrayal of Starscream as dumb. He's not brilliant like say Jetfire, or Wheeljack or Perceptor, but maybe he's familiar with science at the level of, say a CEO of a company that does a lot of high tech research.

ConvoyGTR
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
WOW! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. This show now tops Beast Wars in my mind now. I don't want to go on and on, but man that was goooood.

Loved the "Warlord Ratchet" and "Doctor of Doom." Gave me a chuckle for some reason.

And Jack breaking up with what's her name with the misunderstanding that he's some cougar boytoy lol. It didn't occur in my mind that the show would resolve that loose end. I'm giving the show credit for doing the little things more and more as this series progresses.

And I liked the way they reintroduced Starscream in the episode. Out of nowhere and goes right to Optimus screwing up all the Decepticons plans right after Arcee tried to do the same and failed, did not see that coming.

UltraPrimal
02-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Thought I'd add part 2 onto this thread rather than create a whole new one.

Part 2 Part 1 (http://youtu.be/kqpzpXpc63I)
Part 2 Part 2 (http://youtu.be/nqfpfhFIms0)

Enjoy!

razin
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38593

Best to keep the threads seperate, so as not to spoil people that are behind.

Metroplex79
03-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Can't believe I haven't finished yet the first 5 episodes from last year... It will take me forever to catch up!
Don't really need to watch if you're in here reading all the spoilers, right? :p

Just watched it today, and it was awesome. Better than Aftermath ep from Beast Wars when Primal died. The infighting was well done, and Arcee's scream was epic. Jack..well...he's showing that when a lowly kid has a destiny, he will step up.