PDA

View Full Version : Zellers Liquidation begins soon

razin
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Effective March 8th or 16th til Jun 2nd, Zellers will begin their liquidation sales.

Check here (http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx) to see if your local store is on the list and when the start date is.

"LIQUIDATION STORES: All sales final. All flyer offers, Price Match guarantee, Kidurable guarantee, Rain Checks, Senior's Days, SPC Cards and HBC Promotions are not available."

Unfortunately my local stores (London) don't have much anyways, transformers wise.

Dragon Knight
02-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Unfortunately my local stores (London) don't have much anyways, transformers wise.

Mine doesn't either, unless you want those movie exclusives and Burning Fallen.

Undrave
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Mine still has the Stealth Lockdown+2 legends three pack from Animated XD

Though I might pick up Dirge to have a copy of the seeker mold if he goes on sales.

*checks*

EEEEEEEH?! None of the Zellers in the Quebec City region are on there... does that mean none of them get changed into a Target?! WHAAAAAAA?

wervenom
02-16-2012, 12:25 PM
What happens to the zellers that are not on the list? Anyone know? There are 2 that I would go to that are not on that list in ON

canprime
02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Sweet, the 3 of the 4 I most frequent are on the list. Can't wait to see the underwhelming deals the first week.

Supernova
02-16-2012, 12:34 PM
What happens to the zellers that are not on the list? Anyone know? There are 2 that I would go to that are not on that list in ON

I could easily be wrong about this, but I'm guessing these will be the first stores to be converted to Targets, and as the others wind down later on, those will have similar sales, too.

Undrave
02-16-2012, 12:39 PM
I think its the contrary. Those not on the lists are the one NOT turning into Targets. Not all locations were purchased.

Goaliebot
02-16-2012, 12:40 PM
If this is handled like their normal clearance prices, we'll see $2 off those Burning Fallens and a bunch of other old TFs raised $5 in price and then marked down on liquidation back to regular price. Le sigh.

wervenom
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
I think its the contrary. Those not on the lists are the one NOT turning into Targets. Not all locations were purchased.

I think you're right. I am almost sure those will turn into Walmarts as walmart bought something like 39 locations from target

Stapler
02-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Hopefully this will encourage them to bring any goodies they have in the back out to the shelves. :)

Undrave
02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
If this is handled like their normal clearance prices, we'll see $2 off those Burning Fallens and a bunch of other old TFs raised $5 in price and then marked down on liquidation back to regular price. Le sigh.

Not sure, this sounds a lot more final so they'll probably make an effort. You can bet that all the home brand products will be dirt cheap.

CobraCommander
02-16-2012, 01:30 PM
I asked one of the managers @ the Queensway location and she said that their store would remain a Zellers, so I don't think they are all converting to Target or Walmart.

Supernova
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM

That DOES make more sense! :)

SHCKWAVE
02-16-2012, 01:39 PM

Hmmmmm I'm really not sure about this.The reason being that one of the locations on the Quebec side,Plaza Cote-des-Neiges in MTL,is on the list and in an article in the Globe and Mail has already been listed as being leased off to Wal-Mart for a new bunch of WM liquidation stores...:confused:

sikkbones
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
fairview mall has a lot of transformers... and this could be a great sale... or it could be crap.

pulsedragon20
02-16-2012, 01:51 PM
The ones I can reach in Montreal has nothing in stock anyhow, so it's pointless. I just realized that the ones that are having the liquidation are going to be converted to Walmarts (well at least the Montreal ones)

Scrapper6
02-16-2012, 02:10 PM
What the hell? Not a single Zellers in Manitoba is having a liquidation sale? We already know that Target is taking over those stores in Winnipeg, why the frag are none of them having any liquidation sales AT ALL?

They're just going to ship the products back to the manufacturers or Zellers in other provinces when the time comes to close them all?

I am really pissed as I was hoping to get some great deals on older/larger/expensive LEGO sets and other items. Now I'm stuck scratching my head and wondering what the hell is going on.

Grimlock4Prime
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
I higly expect to see similar liquidation sales at other stores. I know both of the Zellers in Burlington are slated to become Targets but they're not on the list. More than likely this is just the first round of stores to be closed down for renovations/change over.

Undrave
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
I higly expect to see similar liquidation sales at other stores. I know both of the Zellers in Burlington are slated to become Targets but they're not on the list. More than likely this is just the first round of stores to be closed down for renovations/change over.

I guess that makes sense. I suppose they don't want to tax their organisational ressources. They probably won't be closing over the holiday season so we might have to wait until next YEAR for the remaining Zellers to close down.

Matrix_Holder
02-16-2012, 03:09 PM
There are 2 Burlington zellers not on the list and I know for a fact they are both going yo be targets. The ones on the list are the closing stores.

wervenom
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I asked one of the managers @ the Queensway location and she said that their store would remain a Zellers, so I don't think they are all converting to Target or Walmart.

How? I was under the impression from one of the zellers store managers that all zellers were shutting down.

gagagalvatron
02-16-2012, 03:27 PM
There are 2 Burlington zellers not on the list and I know for a fact they are both going yo be targets. The ones on the list are the closing stores.

I know one of them on the list is supposed to become a Target, but I also know my local store, which is also supposed to become a Target, is not on the list.

It's Zellers. Who the @#$% knows why they do anything they do?

fairview mall has a lot of transformers... and this could be a great sale... or it could be crap.

The bad thing about liquidation sales is that it brings in a bunch of uninformed customers who all think they're now bargain hunters.

"ZOMG! 20% off! I better grab it before it's gone!"

Even though it's been 25%, 30%, or (with some "clearance" items) 50% off before and shelfwarmed.

lars573
02-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't think so. There are 4 Zellers location in the Halifax area. The only one on that list is not one of two Target said they'd be taking over. In fact it's the one way out in the boonies, that I'd only heard of 2 years ago. So these could be the stores not converting and that are shutting down period.

How? I was under the impression from one of the zellers store managers that all zellers were shutting down.
Anyone who works at a Zellers thinks that. I wouldn't trust it.

Cheers Ian
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM
The 2 in K-W on the list have been announced that Wal-Mart purchased them. I wonder if this is the case for the others.

juxtapose519
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't think being on the list or not has any real implications because of the 3 listed for London, only 2 are becoming Targets and the other one isn't. So god knows why only some are on the list.

Tekkamanraiden
02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't think being on the list or not has any real implications because of the 3 listed for London, only 2 are becoming Targets and the other one isn't. So god knows why only some are on the list.

It's odd that they aren't listing the Pond Mills location in the liquidation.

As far as I remember reading, Target is taking over a select number of more profitable stores. The remaining store are either going to stay as Zellers, be closed or Target has the option of converting them later.

So for London and area I would assume, Westmount and Masonville get converted, Pondmills stays for now and the Highbury location is getting closed.

As to what happens to the Woodstock, Tilsonburg and Stratford locations, I dont know (I'm pretty sure I read that Stratford location was getting converted but I don't 100% remember).

razin
02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
As to what happens to the Woodstock, Tilsonburg and Stratford locations, I dont know (I'm pretty sure I read that Stratford location was getting converted but I don't 100% remember).

It'd be surprising if Stratford did in fact get a Target; the town put up quit a fight to keep Walmart out of there, there isn't much diff between the two.

juxtapose519
02-16-2012, 06:54 PM
It's odd that they aren't listing the Pond Mills location in the liquidation.

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice that it wasn't on the list. Well there you go, the list can't mean much then.

So for London and area I would assume, Westmount and Masonville get converted, Pondmills stays for now and the Highbury location is getting closed.

I spoke to someone who was "positive" that it was only Westmount and Masonville getting converted, but I've heard a lot of conflictings things. Pond Mills and Highbury, I have no idea.

Goaliebot
02-16-2012, 06:54 PM
The 2 in K-W on the list have been announced that Wal-Mart purchased them. I wonder if this is the case for the others.

So there will be a WalMart at Stanley Park Mall?

Cheers Ian
02-16-2012, 07:11 PM
So there will be a WalMart at Stanley Park Mall?

From what I've heard they are expanding. Not sure if they are taking over some of the mall or if they are expanding into the parking lot in some way.

Either way it's going to improve that mall ten fold.

Knockout
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH. Fairview Mall is on the list. What does this sale mean anyways? Like in terms of TF, what kind of deals we looking at?

jacobot
02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
When the Zellers closed at Dundas and Dixie, everything was reduced 10% a week. Starting at like 30%, then 40%, 50% and 60% was the last dscount. I'm glad I hesitated at the Cybertron Leader Megs kicking around because he got cleared out for $20 at Walmart :)

I've seen news reports SEARS is reducing prices on a lot of stock to compete with the Zellers closeout.

razin
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH. Fairview Mall is on the list. What does this sale mean anyways? Like in terms of TF, what kind of deals we looking at?

Generally the way Zellers clears things out, is to first jack the price up beyond the norm, then bring it back down to normal retail price. They're awesome like that.

racerguy76
02-16-2012, 08:08 PM
And in response Sears is cutting prices, not sure if that will include toys, but here's hoping.

http://www.canada.com/Sears+Canada+slashing+prices+items/6165434/story.html

razin
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
And in response Sears is cutting prices, not sure if that will include toys, but here's hoping.

http://www.canada.com/Sears+Canada+slashing+prices+items/6165434/story.html

I don't even know how stores like Sears or the Bay even stay in business. Pretty much anything from either of those stores can be found elsewhere for a fair bit less.

Robimus
02-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Re Manitoba, last I heard four stores in MB were converting to Targets(KP, Polo, Grant Park & Brandon) with Northgate & Southdale remaining Zellers stores, so why none are on the list is a little strange.

Maybe not all the stores are starting their closeouts at the same time.

Scrapper6
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Re Manitoba, last I heard four stores in MB were converting to Targets(KP, Polo, Grant Park & Brandon) with Northgate & Southdale remaining Zellers stores, so why none are on the list is a little strange.

Maybe not all the stores are starting their closeouts at the same time.

Really, I'd heard from one of the Northgate Zellers employees, through my father, that the store was closing down. Curious.

I too find it strange that not a single Zellers in Manitoba is on that list, although if the one in Brandon was the only one there I'd have to say it'd be a big hassle to head down there just to get deals on toys. :D

Undrave
02-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Hurray for concise and precise corporate communication! XD

sikkbones
02-16-2012, 09:13 PM

If this morning is any indication prices have been jacked to original msrb and will likely be sold at less to look like a deal.

Tekkamanraiden
02-16-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't even know how stores like Sears or the Bay even stay in business. Pretty much anything from either of those stores can be found elsewhere for a fair bit less.

There is a ridiculous mark up in clothes.

Bruticus82
02-16-2012, 10:30 PM
This list only seems to have the one Hamilton store that's becomng a wal-mart. The four (five?) that are converting to Target are not listed.

Not sure if this answers the questions any others seem to be having.

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Hmmm,the Newmarket Zellers located in Upper Canada Mall isn't in the list... :/

Nomad
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Well back in the day, Sears was always a good place to buy tools (better shit than Crappy Tire & Woolco, while having better pricing than Peevy Mart & Home Hardware/J&H most of the time), and it was also pretty decent for other stuff like some electronics because they had availability that others didn't, at least in certain price points. In other words, they used to be a middle of the road place that you'd go to instead of being flat out raped by the lower & higher end options that would disappoint you completely because of how much you paid or what you got.

However, I guess without that aspect continuing to be strong & without being able to compete with larger volume retailers, it was bound to go down the drain.

Then when we get to The Bay, pricing has never been their strong point to begin with. It was pretty much the higher end store that was placed into lower/medium end environments such (namely malls), and this worked well for a lot of years, especially smaller places where the only competition for this was to drive for 5 hours.

They also managed to have good sales to essentially bring their product down to market price (which helped them compete with the even more high end/lower volume specialty stores), and this is when they likely moved shit a lot. However in my opinion, this was bound to fail as well because of not only the growing important of cost, but also because simply being a "chic" store doesn't work now that you can find the same shit everywhere else, and when you're not even a true high end retailer.

Also, and while this might not a global thing, their store layouts (this related to The Bay especially) have always frustrated me to no end. I get that its supposed to make you spend more time in there, and in theory make you see more shit & hopefully buy it, but for me it just makes me wanna leave. It also doesn't help that you've gotta hold you breath when walking anywhere near the center because of all the feminine sampling they do, much of which ends up mixing together & festering with the cleaning products.

On the other hand, places like Wal-mart Superstore, and pretty much every where else make things visible & make you go through sections to find what you want, but you can usually know where you are, and you can usually orient yourself very easily. As a result, you still get tricked into browsing more, but without getting confused, sick & frustrated. The Bay has never managed to pick up on this in the 30 some years they've been where they are, and to me, that's pretty big fail.

jacobot
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope the Square 1 one is a Target. The Walmart there just upgraed to a Supercentre :) Could they exist in the same mall?

Same at Georgetown mall

Nomad
02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I could see them being at the other end of an actual mall, but I'd be pretty surprised to see them next to each other in the same strip mall unless there was some sort of traffic divider, and even then it'd probably be a bad move for both stores because each of em would theoretically only get 50% of the business per customer in the area that they normally would. Like, one would likely come out the leader, but even losing something like 20% (and this is assuming that one takes a VERY strong lead) probably wouldn't be seen as a positive, especially when both stores would be new.

... who knows though hah.

gagagalvatron
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
I hope the Square 1 one is a Target. The Walmart there just upgraed to a Supercentre :) Could they exist in the same mall?

Sure. I know of a mall in the states that has both. Target would be foolish to pass up Square One real estate.

Oreobuilder
02-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I only skimmed through the thread, so my apologies if this point has been raised.

Target isn't taking over all the stores at the same time. Their arrival will be over the next 4-5 years. Most Zellers will be converted to Targets or Walmarts, but not all at once. I'm guessing the stores that are starting their liquidations are simply the first wave, with lots more waves to come over the next years.

OB

Scrapper6
02-17-2012, 11:15 AM
I only skimmed through the thread, so my apologies if this point has been raised.

Target isn't taking over all the stores at the same time. Their arrival will be over the next 4-5 years. Most Zellers will be converted to Targets or Walmarts, but not all at once. I'm guessing the stores that are starting their liquidations are simply the first wave, with lots more waves to come over the next years.

OB

That could be the case, but on that list at least every province aside from Manitoba and Prince Edward Island has at least 1 Zellers with a liquidation sale.

So why would they convert all of those Zellers first, but not a single Zellers in Manitoba? At least one to get their foot in the door along with all the other Provinces. I can kind of understand PEI, but why Manitoba?

Unless they plan on liquidating ones in those two provinces around the Summer time, but again, that just doesn't make sense to me.

lars573
02-17-2012, 01:41 PM
So I just compared some notes, and 3 of the 4 stores listed for Nova Scotia are turning into Wal-Marts.

Oreobuilder
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
That could be the case, but on that list at least every province aside from Manitoba and Prince Edward Island has at least 1 Zellers with a liquidation sale.

So why would they convert all of those Zellers first, but not a single Zellers in Manitoba? At least one to get their foot in the door along with all the other Provinces. I can kind of understand PEI, but why Manitoba?

Unless they plan on liquidating ones in those two provinces around the Summer time, but again, that just doesn't make sense to me.

Just speculating, but Target probably picked their locations carefully. They surely want to make a big splash when they set up shop, so they looked at sales numbers, market share, competitor reports and a bunch of other numbers and prioritized their store openings accordingly. PEI and Manitoba didn't make it onto their ''wave 1 list''. I'm sure there will be lots of good stuff in wave 2 ;)

OB

Hellboy
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Woohooo! That means their $12.99 Star Wars figures will get reduced to clearance at $10.99!

Bruticus82
02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
FYI, I believe all the Zellers in the Hamilton are going Target except for one that is going wal-mart (on Mohawk Road). The one wal-mart took is in an old run down strip mall and is easily the smallest and worst zellers store in the city. Target picked up all the good/new zellers locations.

I assume wal-mart will tear down the strip mall and build a new supercentre at their new location.

lars573
02-18-2012, 03:19 PM
I just hope that I can get some Kre-o sets on big ole discounts.

pandaprime
02-21-2012, 03:51 AM
okay so the 3 stores liquidating in BC are kinda far from Vancouver....oh well:rolleyes:

sikkbones
02-21-2012, 04:17 AM
FYI, I believe all the Zellers in the Hamilton are going Target except for one that is going wal-mart (on Mohawk Road). The one wal-mart took is in an old run down strip mall and is easily the smallest and worst zellers store in the city. Target picked up all the good/new zellers locations.

I assume wal-mart will tear down the strip mall and build a new supercentre at their new location.

Walmart going into Sherman? My poor beer store.

Bruticus82
02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Walmart going into Sherman? My poor beer store.

My best guess is Beer Store will build a stand alone like they did on Upper James, but I haven't actually seen any announcements about plans for the site. It's a shame because I'm really a fan of that diner style restaurant in the Zellers.

I'l be looking forward to when they fix up that simulated moonscape they call a parking lot though.

Matrix_Holder
02-21-2012, 08:40 AM
My best guess is Beer Store will build a stand alone like they did on Upper James, but I haven't actually seen any announcements about plans for the site. It's a shame because I'm really a fan of that diner style restaurant in the Zellers.

I'l be looking forward to when they fix up that simulated moonscape they call a parking lot though.

My wife just ate at the restaurant in the burlington Zellers and had the worst BLT she had ever had. 1 1/2 pieces of bacon and a tiny sliver of lettuce and 1 mushy over ripe slice oftomato. She complained and nothing was done about it..she left without finishing it or paying. its a shame because it used to be a great little place to eat, now they don't give a shit at all.
I hope the staff from that day do not get rehired by target....shameful behavior.

sikkbones
02-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Yeah, gotta admit that zellers restaurant has quality food.... which IS rare.

Sherman.

Scrapper6
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
My wife just ate at the restaurant in the burlington Zellers and had the worst BLT she had ever had. 1 1/2 pieces of bacon and a tiny sliver of lettuce and 1 mushy over ripe slice oftomato. She complained and nothing was done about it..she left without finishing it or paying. its a shame because it used to be a great little place to eat, now they don't give a shit at all.
I hope the staff from that day do not get rehired by target....shameful behavior.

So let me get this straight, your wife ordered a BLT, she recieved a BLT, the portions were not to her liking so she complained, failed to finish her product/meal and then left without even paying.

And you don't find that the least bit criminal in any way?

I have had nothing but excellent service from the Zellers Cafeterias I've eaten at, and as far as I know, portion sizes are how all restaurants operate. Are you sure she didn't order a BLT from McDonalds instead?

I of course do not presume to be an expert in the field, however from my understanding what you described sounds like the basic portions one usually gets for BLT at most places that serve it. I could be very much mistaken, but I personally do not know you or your wife and taking your post at face value without any foreknowledge on the subject would be a bad idea on my part.

That being said, considering that the Zellers Cafeterias are being replaced by stupid Tim Hortons you have no fear of the staff there being hired by Timmies. They operate completely different standards.

Personally I feel it is a crying shame, as the Zellers Cafeterias actually have decent quality food, and I have never had issues with their services in the past. Not like some places you have the option to eat at these days.

big dawg
02-21-2012, 12:30 PM
So let me get this straight, your wife ordered a BLT, she recieved a BLT, the portions were not to her liking so she complained, failed to finish her product/meal and then left without even paying.

And you don't find that the least bit criminal in any way?

I have had nothing but excellent service from the Zellers Cafeterias I've eaten at, and as far as I know, portion sizes are how all restaurants operate. Are you sure she didn't order a BLT from McDonalds instead?

I of course do not presume to be an expert in the field, however from my understanding what you described sounds like the basic portions one usually gets for BLT at most places that serve it. I could be very much mistaken, but I personally do not know you or your wife and taking your post at face value without any foreknowledge on the subject would be a bad idea on my part.

That being said, considering that the Zellers Cafeterias are being replaced by stupid Tim Hortons you have no fear of the staff there being hired by Timmies. They operate completely different standards.

Personally I feel it is a crying shame, as the Zellers Cafeterias actually have decent quality food, and I have never had issues with their services in the past. Not like some places you have the option to eat at these days.

off topic but if someone served me shitty food I wasn't willing to eat I would leave without paying for it too

Akroyer
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
The Zellers restaurant here isn't bad. Not great either, but not bad. Takes forever to get served. But it's nicely setup. Too bad it's deep in the store, and has no windows though.

I like the one in Bathurst at their Zellers. Lots of windows, and a nice arrangement. But have never eaten there. So I can't speak to what the food is actually like.

juxtapose519
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
off topic but if someone served me shitty food I wasn't willing to eat I would leave without paying for it too

Yeah, especially if she complained and nobody did anything about it. Just because you had good service at Zellers in the past, doesn't mean that every single person that works there cares enough to make a decent meal. If they're not going to take the effort to fix their mistake, then you shouldn't have to eat it.

Scrapper6
02-21-2012, 01:20 PM

And they would be well within their rights to charge you through the police for those actions.

Yeah, especially if she complained and nobody did anything about it. Just because you had good service at Zellers in the past, doesn't mean that every single person that works there cares enough to make a decent meal. If they're not going to take the effort to fix their mistake, then you shouldn't have to eat it.

Oh yes, if she complained and they did nothing that is piss poor customer service, she had every right to do what she did. But I still find it difficult to side with her and Matrix_Holder when I don't know the full story, things have a way of being muddled when passed down from people after all. Its a fact of life.

She complained, allegedly they failed to accomodate her due to the complaint. But who did she complain to? Was it someone who could actually help her, or was it the waitress who can't really do much, but should still have passed on her complaint to management. Or whoever is in charged.

Was she cheated out of proper portions? Or are those the standard portion sizes when making a BLT at Zellers Cafeterias? If so, why was this not explained to her satisfaction? Why was something not done?

The closing down of all the Zellers doesn't mean you start acting like a piec of shit customer service person because you're out of a job. Especially in the food industry where people are wanting to pay for decent product.

From everything Matrix_Holder said about the event his wife should have been properly compensated for percieved shortage of portions. Or, if that is typical of what they offer at that establishment, they should have explained it to her properly and offered some form of compensation. Perhaps an extra slice of bacon.

I could go out to a Zellers myself and order a BLT and see what kind of service I get, but I don't really care for BLT sandwhiches. I also have experience as an employee of the food industry, I understand portion sizes. Now some restaraunts will be generous with their portions to a degree, but more often the case there is a standard industry wide size that occurs.

Chicken Fingers at Zellers and Chicken Fingers at Salisbury's House will be the same no matter what, you get french fries, a rinky dink coleslaw and three chicken fingers. That's pretty much it, if memory serves. And the sizes of same are going to differentiate depending on the supplier, not all chicken fingers are created equal when it comes to size.

The price is pretty much the same thing too. 8 to 9$ before taxes, not including tips. They are not Fast Food Chains, that dish out thousands of orders a day. And I'm getting a bit to long winded in this.

My appologies. I just have the luxury of seeing both sides of the coin due to my upbringing and experiences in that field, I know why she might be vexed/upset, but I can't presume to think that everything Matrix_Holder said is the ultimate truth of the matter. For all we know someone could have been trying to do something to fix the situation, but failed to approach his wife to explain that they would try to make it up to her, so she left without anyone actually managing to pass on the information/help that they were aiming to do.

Or it could just be that simple, the employees there are utter douchebag fools who could give a flying f&*k about one bad customer.

OMEGA
02-21-2012, 01:40 PM

as a loss prevention officer i will tell you that your wife committed a crime, small time theft but none the less, theft. even if the meal your wife ordered didnt taste good, it is in zellers full right to charge your wife for eating it and not paying for it. Its like me opening a bag of chips and saying it tastes gross and not pay for it in the store. anyways i dont want to seem like a douche or anything like that, im just letting you know that behavior is unacceptable and depending who your wife complained to, it should of been one of the supervisors or managers of that certain location, in order to get satisfaction.

Matrix_Holder
02-21-2012, 02:39 PM
She committed no crime whatsoever. Its not like the bag of chips you mentioned. They are paid to prepare food to the standards of the industry and the health code of Canada. Zellers failed to provide food to said standards. I have worked in the food service industry before as well and know how not to do things.

She did not get what she ordered. Let me elaborate on Zellers Fail. They served her the BLT. She opened it to put on her ketchup and saw 1 piece of bacon about 2 inches long and one about 1 inch long on 1 half of the large bread sandwich. not even enough to cover half of a half of the BLT. We've been to this zellers for lunch or whatever many times in the past . We are always polite and leave a good tip. I know what their portions are and we know what to expect, never had less than 4 pieces of bacon, 2 per half sandwich, crisp fresh lettuce and a ripe firm tomato...this was an insult...enough about the portions....its not just about the portions....

1 piece of lettuce very wilted and a little slimy and a very mushy over ripe slice of tomato, not on each half...1 half had little lettuce and one half had over ripe old tomato... it looked like someones leftovers and nothing was fresh. She called the waitress over and told her what was wrong. It was not busy at all, 3 other people in the whole place. the waitress went to talk to the cook...my wife waited 20 min and nobody came back...meanwhile she could see the waitress chatting with coworkers and not even looking at her. The food served to her was obviously beyond any expiration date and she was had no obligation to pay for it. She decided that she had given the "professionals" enough time to correct their mistakes at the half hour mark....she waived to the lazy lump and left. She gave them half an hour to fix this and they did nothing...she waived to the waitress a few times while waiting and got no response. She was in the right and they were wrong. It was a huge surprise that Zellers had slid so far. There was only the waitress and the cook there (she didn't even see him) so the waitress was the only one to talk to. You cannot serve expired food to a customer and expect payment.
She did not order expired food and that is what she was served. I wouldn't pay, nobody would pay for expired out of date rotten food. No crime was committed by my wife but a crime was committed by zellers. She said she should have taken a picture with her phone and emailed it to Zellers HO but with them closing who would even care about health violations.

Scrapper6
02-21-2012, 02:50 PM
She committed no crime whatsoever. She did not get what she ordered. Let me elaborate on Zellers Fail. They served her the BLT. She opened it to put on her ketchup and saw 1 piece of bacon about 2 inches long and one about 1 inch long on 1 half of the large bread sandwich. not even enough to cover half of a half of the BLT.
1 piece of lettuce very wilted and slimy and a very mushy over ripe slice of tomato. She called the waitress over and told her what was wrong. It was not busy at all, 3 other people in the whole place. the waitress went to talk to the cook...my wife waited 20 min and nobody came back...meanwhile she could see the waitress chatting with coworkers and not even looking at her. The food served to her was obviously beyond any expiration date and she was had no obligation to pay for it. She decided that she had given the "professionals" enough time to correct their mistakes at the half hour mark....she waived to the lazy lump and left. She was in the right and they were wrong. It was a huge surprise that Zellers had slid so far. There was only the waitress and the cook there (she didn't even see him) so the waitress was the only one to talk to. You cannot serve expired food to a customer and expect payment.
She did not order expired food and that is what she was served. I wouldnt pay, nobody would pay for expired out of date food.

I'm afraid you are wrong. It is still a crime, and in this day and age of modern digital equipment being everywhere, what she should have done was photograph the sandwhich then go find some sort of manager or supervisor. Not rely on the dodgy waitress or some un-seen cook to fix up the problem.

Hell, if I know my Zellers Cafeterias right, the person you actually pay at the cash counter outside the actual food preperation area itself is where you should find someone actually in charge of the section. Or be able to get someone who actually can.

What your wife did however was commit a minor felony, and on top of that, the waitress and the cook involved were probably laughing their arses off at her misfortune. Getting a rise out of customers is sometimes what these people do.

As it stands, despite what happened with the food, your wife is still in the wrong. And without proof of this so-called expired product she is never going to get any sort of compensation for her situation. Or prevent those same employees from pulling this same crap on somebody else.

And FYI, Wilted Lettuce and Soggy Tomatos don't mean the food has expired, it just means that they were effected by the heat from preparing the sandwhich. Lettuce doesn't last long when you start cooking something. Just look at all those burgers from fast food joints, their lettuce isn't crisp anymore. It's soggy and overheated from the cooking process more often than not.

Matrix_Holder
02-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Are you crazy? We know what expired food looks like, slime is a sign of lettuce going bad... it wasn't a soggy tomato, it was pure mush...way past the date it should have been pitched. This food was not effected buy the heat of the sandwich..the tiny bacon????
it was rotten. There was no cashier there at all, the waitress was doing that as well. Would you pay for rotten food?
She was in the right totally. You are under no legal obligation to pay for spoiled food. The crime was committed by Zellers, can't you even see that? did you actually work in the food industry at all? I worked for 2 years as the head cook at licks homeburgers and my wife had worked for Philthy mcnastys so we know a little about food service, food quality and standards.

This sounds waaaay off topic but it is regarding the closing of Zellers and the issues that it is creating.

Scrapper6
02-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Are you crazy? We know what expired food looks like, slime is a sign of lettuce going bad... it wasn't a soggy tomato, it was pure mush...way past the date it should have been pitched. This food was not effected buy the heat of the sandwich..the tiny bacon????
it was rotten. There was no cashier there at all, the waitress was doing that as well. Would you pay for rotten food?
She was in the right totally. You are under no legal obligation to pay for spoiled food. The crime was committed by Zellers, can't you even see that? did you actually work in the food industry at all? I worked for 2 years as the head cook at licks homeburgers and my wife had worked for Philthy mcnastys so we know a little about food service and food quality and standards.

This sounds waaaay off topic but it is regarding the closing of Zellers and the issues that it is creating.

I spent six years as the cashier in a High School Cafeteria, I've heard every excuse under the sun from teenage no-nothings about how food is rotten and shit like that when they try to rip you off. Believe me, I know the difference.

If you say it is rotten then I feel more inclined to believe you, but without physical proof then your wife is still legally in the wrong. If the Zellers management put her face up and told everyone not to serve her and to get the Loss Prevention people or the police the next time she shows up in the store they can still legally take her into custody, or more likely force her to make recompense for her actions on that day.

I don't give a damn if your wife says they pulled this stunt, without proper physical evidence you are in the wrong. Legally. Morally you can claim to be in the right all you want, but in a court of law your wife would be fined for the 'Dine and Ditch' scenario.

Where you order the product, eat it and then run off. Obviously with the product being a rotten, not legally edible so should be tossed item she didn't perform the dine and ditch scenario, but it is irrelevant if she ate the thing or not. She ordered it, the cashier has the paperwork/bill to prove that the food was ordered. The food is no longer in stock (Not that they would keep it anyway, but you get my point.) therefore legally she is liable for anything.

If the employees at the Zellers Cafeteria are starting to downgrade into this kid of situation, that is criminal neglect, she should have taken physical evidence in lieu of photographs. Unless she didn't happen to have a cell phone with a camera. To serve anything past the expirary date is a criminal misconduct and definitely something that would get the Health Inspector involved. Making people sick by selling them expired food is something that the parent company can be held accountable for. If there is physical proof of any kind to back up such a claim.

Heresay doesn't fly in a court of law. It doesn't fly when you go back there and they press charges.

If she had to get back to work and only had forty-five minutes for lunch then she didn't have the time to press the issue, but just to get up and walk away leaves the thing open enough that they can pull the same shit on other customers. And next time they might not be savy enough, or open the damn sandwhich to put condiments on it before taking a bite. Food Poisoning is a very serious thing. Would you want some unsuspecting child eating with his or her parents to be exposed to rotten food? I know I wouldn't.

Matrix_Holder
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
If they tried to stop her from leaving and called the cops she said she would have grabbed the BLT and held onto it till the cops came. The BLT was the evidence, she would also have the cops go through the kitchen to see the rotten food in there too. Because it wouldnt just be the BLT that was rotten. when she left the BLT had not been thrown out...the lazy waitress didn't do anything when she got up to leave, nobody did. She waived the waitress over multiple times but nothing. They know what they did wrong and didn't want to be bothered with anything. There was no way whatsoever that my wife was in the wrong. None. Not even legally.

sikkbones
02-21-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm with matrix holder. And Ontario law does hold food to a certain standard. I would have walked out too. In Ontario restaurants are obligated to have food prepared to standard. She could have called the health dept due to the food.

Bruticus82
02-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't really want to wade into this debate but I will say when it comes to legal issues the evidence (including oral testimony) matters more than the "truth".

juxtapose519
02-21-2012, 08:03 PM
For shame, Matrix_Holder. Your wife didn't pay for a sandwich and now Zellers is out of business. :rofl:

Nomad
02-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Well, this puts an interesting spin on bitch, make me a sandwich...

razin
02-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Well, this puts an interesting spin on bitch, make me a sandwich...

Samuel says it best
http://troll.me/images/angry-samuel-l-jackson/go-make-me-a-sandwich-bitch.jpg

gagagalvatron
02-23-2012, 09:58 AM
I stopped by the Guelph store on Stone Road, which is on the liquidation list. I can safely say this: don't bother.

The only thing of interest is Ultimate Optimus. They have at least 10. But because Zeller's regular price is $99.99, it will have to go to 60% off to even compete with TRU's lowest price over the holidays. That's possible, but not likely, and not happening anytime soon.

The rest is overpriced Generations (the same ones at Wal-Mart), HA Bumblebee and Skids, and yes, a Burning Fallen. This store sometimes had great selection. Not now.

They do have Kre-O, which might get good at some point. But, of course, they'll go back to regular price before being discounted.

sikkbones
02-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Hamilton's got a opened and returned ultimate prime onthe garbage table for 30$ and it's not moving at the TRU.

Gaetznes
02-24-2012, 09:23 AM
LOL, my zellers just brougt out two cases of Generations toys from Nov 2010. As it was over stock that xmas. Ah how logistics suck ass. Plus there still asking $19.99 a figure. Its sad.

Undrave
02-24-2012, 04:56 PM
anything cool in that wave?

MitchPoer
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I stopped by one of these store today..the toys were 20% off...not too bad but the selection was quite weak I'll wait until they get to 40% off then go for a second skystriker

alternatorfan
03-17-2012, 11:24 PM
what liquidation and if there is one what would be liquidated I mean all there stuff is over priced and for liquidatation would mean 75-80 % to be a good deal.

lars573
03-18-2012, 12:46 AM
You'll only get that the last weeks before the store closes.

Knockout
03-18-2012, 12:57 AM
This gif somes up my whole opinion on these 'store closing' sales.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/Nagii/gifs/tumblr_m01dnmuKUz1r2adq7.gif

I mean honestly. 10 - 30 % off. REALLY!? Lately I've been finding many stores just even having clearances being lower as in 3-5 bucks. If stuff be on clearance....put it at a price THAT WILL FRAGGIN SELL. URGH. :/

Sideswipe
03-18-2012, 09:39 AM
3 clearance sales at the mall here..... 50%.....75%.... even 80%.

This is a joke.

razin
03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I thought the point of a clearance sale was to CLEAR out of stuff. Pretty sure selling stuff at MSRP or even above will negate the clearing of said stuff. I am no business major, so clearly they know something that I don't.

gagagalvatron
03-18-2012, 11:06 AM
These liquidation people know what they're doing.

The early parts of the sale -- right now -- is a prime time for them to make money. People see the big "STORE CLOSING" banners and discounts on everything and they get stupid.

"Ooh, everything is on sale!" They get people in the store who haven't been in a Zellers in months or years, who have no idea if the deals are any good. Many will buy stuff just because it's on sale or they don't want to leave with nothing.

The second round of discounts is usually the best for the liquidator. "OMG! MOAR DISCOUNTZ!" Even though the prices are usually no better than an average sale or even other stores everyday prices, people think they're finding treasures and they will buy them before they disappear forever. Any major brand names (Lego, Samsung, etc) will be gone around this time.

By the time it gets to 60% off or more, only dryer lint, Justin Bieber dolls, and Burning Fallens will be left. That's the point. You want to maximize your liquidation profit, and only fire sale things that wouldn't normally sell.

razin
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Woah, hold the phone. Justin Bieber dolls for possibly 60% off!? ZOMG! Must have patience to wait for lowest price!

Nomad
03-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Honestly, I almost feel bad at this point. Like, the last few times I've wasted my time stepping foot into a Zellers, I've had to question whether or not it was even open, because and I mean this in the nicest possible way when I say that like walking into a post zombie-apocolpse shopping centre. There were practically no people in there at all, and some displays looked like they'd dogs had run wild on them, while others looked completely untouched. There was also no music playing which I found VERY strange, and along with the whole zombie thing, it made me feel like when you walk into a store that has way too much product & you know its dying just from that alone.

Also when it comes to the liquidation philosophy, that's all nice, but it usually comes with a few assumptions.

1) The store is actually open when people aren't at work. I don't know if it's the case at all of them, but the store in my area closes at like 5 or 6 pm every day, meaning that you can pretty much only go there before work if you work late or on your day off. Since they've chosen not to expand the way Wal-Mart, Superstore & everyone else has, there's little incentive to even go there, assuming its even open when you make the trip.

2) The shit is actually cheaper than the regular retail expectation. People aren't stupid, especially now days when the economy is so bad/when people count their pennies while shopping more than eer & when shitty retailers gather a shitty reputation so quickly. Even the people who hear about the sales aren't gonna just buy for the sake of buying, especially since many of them still have a bad taste in their assholes from getting bent over with that Facebook coupon fiasco.

3) That people are actually sad to see the place go. Now, this could be argued still because of how cool Zellers used to be (aka, the Zeddy days), but at this point I know we're not alone in awaiting Target. If anything, the only pitty most of us have is toward the people working there for 9 bucks an hour, and judging how retarded customers are in general, many of them probably think the store sucks because of them & not the higher upps & will intentionally continue to make it even worse for em. The next time I see someone being an asshole to a Zellers employee without due cause, they'll definitely get a verbal ass kicking from me because I have absolutely no respect for that shit.

Also, those Burning Fallens will probably outlive the store, and will probably make their way into Target's starting inventory, Winners, or salvation army type deal before any actual consumers buy em.

Stapler
03-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm hoping for them to put stuff at 60 or 80 percent off. I wanna buy up every Thunderhead they have. :D

Nomad
03-18-2012, 01:43 PM
I wanna find a Zeddy bear.

Tekkamanraiden
03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Honestly, I almost feel bad at this point. Like, the last few times I've wasted my time stepping foot into a Zellers, I've had to question whether or not it was even open, because and I mean this in the nicest possible way when I say that like walking into a post zombie-apocolpse shopping centre. There were practically no people in there at all, and some displays looked like they'd dogs had run wild on them, while others looked completely untouched. There was also no music playing which I found VERY strange, and along with the whole zombie thing, it made me feel like when you walk into a store that has way too much product & you know its dying just from that alone.

Also when it comes to the liquidation philosophy, that's all nice, but it usually comes with a few assumptions.

1) The store is actually open when people aren't at work. I don't know if it's the case at all of them, but the store in my area closes at like 5 or 6 pm every day, meaning that you can pretty much only go there before work if you work late or on your day off. Since they've chosen not to expand the way Wal-Mart, Superstore & everyone else has, there's little incentive to even go there, assuming its even open when you make the trip.

2) The shit is actually cheaper than the regular retail expectation. People aren't stupid, especially now days when the economy is so bad/when people count their pennies while shopping more than eer & when shitty retailers gather a shitty reputation so quickly. Even the people who hear about the sales aren't gonna just buy for the sake of buying, especially since many of them still have a bad taste in their assholes from getting bent over with that Facebook coupon fiasco.

3) That people are actually sad to see the place go. Now, this could be argued still because of how cool Zellers used to be (aka, the Zeddy days), but at this point I know we're not alone in awaiting Target. If anything, the only pitty most of us have is toward the people working there for 9 bucks an hour, and judging how retarded customers are in general, many of them probably think the store sucks because of them & not the higher upps & will intentionally continue to make it even worse for em. The next time I see someone being an asshole to a Zellers employee without due cause, they'll definitely get a verbal ass kicking from me because I have absolutely no respect for that shit.

Also, those Burning Fallens will probably outlive the store, and will probably make their way into Target's starting inventory, Winners, or salvation army type deal before any actual consumers buy em.

Apparently thinks work out a bit different in BC than here in Ontario.

1) Stores in ontario are open to 9pm weekdays and Saturday and until 5pm on Sunday.

2) People here will buy almost anything on sale. I expect the stores in London to get pretty ransacked (worse than they already are).

3) I can't see many people here missing the stores. Around here they've been a disaster for quite some time. Everyone I talk to in my travels seems excited for a alternative to walmart.

I doubt any inventory will last to be bough over to Target. Maybe a few odds and ends to sell at steep discount to attract customers. Not that I think they'll need it.

gagagalvatron
04-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Forgot to post this on Monday. I stopped at Stone Road Zellers in Guelph because I was in the area and had time to kill.

Toy discount was still at 20%. No idea when it's going to change, but at this rate it will be awhile before the discount is worthwhile. Very little in the way of Transformers. About 10 Ultimate Optimus Primes. Rest was boring crap.

Almost all the Lego is gone. Still plenty of Mega Bloks and Kre-O, but at only 20%, way overpriced. (Of course, the Lego was too -- there have been better sales at TRU -- but people are stupid.)

Mike
04-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm thinking about picking up one of those Exclusive voyager Ratchets from the movie, but I dunno, might wait and see if the price comes down, since out zellers still has lots of them.

joshimus
04-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm thinking about picking up one of those Exclusive voyager Ratchets from the movie, but I dunno, might wait and see if the price comes down, since out zellers still has lots of them.
Ya know, if DOTM Ultimate Prime goes on a REAL liquidation at Zellers, like 30.00 or less, I may pick one up.

Undrave
04-06-2012, 12:08 AM
If that Fallen goes down to 10$ we could army build XD

Knockout
04-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Zellers needs to pick up the slack here. I went to the Fairview location in St. Catharines and you couldn't tell there was a closing sale, the store was still TOO FULL. This location needs to be cleaned by June 2nd or something, so they have to lower these prices. I mean the candy and food is still since March 16th... 10%

what the heck is Zellers going to do with all that candy that doesn't sell? Eat it? All the new stuff like just released product that is the only thing able to send back, they can't resell it. But heck, there is way too much product still on the shelves on the floor. Other then the signs everywhere, I would never have known.

The 12th Prime
04-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Apparently thinks work out a bit different in BC than here in Ontario.

1) Stores in ontario are open to 9pm weekdays and Saturday and until 5pm on Sunday.

2) People here will buy almost anything on sale. I expect the stores in London to get pretty ransacked (worse than they already are).

3) I can't see many people here missing the stores. Around here they've been a disaster for quite some time. Everyone I talk to in my travels seems excited for a alternative to walmart.

I doubt any inventory will last to be bough over to Target. Maybe a few odds and ends to sell at steep discount to attract customers. Not that I think they'll need it.

In my town we will not have an alternative to Walmart, we are getting a 2nd one just after the one we have finally became a Supercentre, OMG!

If that Fallen goes down to 10$ we could army build XD

That Fallen as soon as he's cheap enough will become a custom! Now only to find a Burning Fallen at a store that's closing because in Peterborough here we loved him so much he sold out long ago no joke! Animated Ratchet anyone? 5 still left here on clearance for the last 3 or 4 years, been there so long I actually feel sorry for them. I dust them off every so often just to help them find a good home.

Undrave
04-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Now only to find a Burning Fallen at a store that's closing because in Peterborough here we loved him so much he sold out long ago no joke! Animated Ratchet anyone? 5 still left here on clearance for the last 3 or 4 years, been there so long I actually feel sorry for them. I dust them off every so often just to help them find a good home.

The Burning Fallen thing, from my experience, and the Animated three packs thing seem to vary from one store to the next. Here I've seen a store with no Burning Fallen but another with six of them, maybe they shuffle them around to concentrate those shelfwarmer to one store? I dunno.

Nomad
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
At this point "Burning Fallen" is almost a meme...

Undrave
04-07-2012, 12:21 AM
At this point "Burning Fallen" is almost a meme...

He's LITTERALLY warming the shelves XD

'cause, you know, he's on fire!

Nomad
04-07-2012, 01:49 AM
39.99... and that price just aint fallin'!

racerguy76
04-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I went in to check out the toys at one of the closing zellers today. It's all still 20% off, and at that price it's still more than buying it at walmart or tru.

What a joke.

Undrave
04-07-2012, 03:00 AM
39,99? I could swear last time I checked it was down to 34,99, like those overpriced PRID Voyagers.

rego00123
04-07-2012, 03:20 AM
the only liquidation i want to hear involving zellers is if someone drops a few thousand gallons of corrosive acid over its roof.

LBD "Nytetrayn"
04-07-2012, 05:27 AM
I was at Zeller's a couple of nights ago, the Lawrence Plaza location by Lawrence West and Dufferin. So far as I can tell, they aren't closing, but their prices are out of whack...

PRiD Deluxes? $25. Crazy...

I'm hearing it's some sort of mix-up, though. Can anyone speak to that?

Shepp
04-07-2012, 08:42 AM
I was at Zeller's a couple of nights ago, the Lawrence Plaza location by Lawrence West and Dufferin. So far as I can tell, they aren't closing, but their prices are out of whack...

PRiD Deluxes? $25. Crazy...

I'm hearing it's some sort of mix-up, though. Can anyone speak to that?

All the Zellers I've been to, their regular price for PRID Deluxes are $25.

Autobot Meister
04-07-2012, 09:23 AM
The Zellers close to my house is selling Universe Silverbolt for $44.99 :doh:

Dragon Knight
04-07-2012, 10:18 AM
So, is it safe to say that those Target exclusive deluxes is becoming the new Burning Fallen? :primelaugh:

lars573
04-07-2012, 12:25 PM
So, is it safe to say that those Target exclusive deluxes is becoming the new Burning Fallen? :primelaugh:
Nope. I can only find like 1 BB in 1 Zellers location.

Dragon Knight
04-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Nope. I can only find like 1 BB in 1 Zellers location.

Huh, Square 1 had the Arcee and bee for like...forever. Oddly enough, I didn't see any Burning Fallens.

Nomad
04-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Little kids must have hid em behind Dora the Explorer stuff after their parents threatened to burn their yearly allowances on Burning Fallens if they didn't get a haircut.

gagagalvatron
04-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Needed to go to Future Shop in Guelph, and it's next to Stone Road Zellers, so I popped in.

Toys are still at 20% off. Nothing is moving. Still had 20 Ultimate Primes, HA Skids, Target Voyagers, and Burning Fallens.

This is the worst "clearance liquidation" I've ever seen. The idea is to increase the percent off, people!

Ah well. Hopefully I saved someone a trip, if anyone cares.

Tekkamanraiden
04-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Considering most of the stores will be closing in June, the stores in London have a lot of inventory still.

juxtapose519
04-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Considering most of the stores will be closing in June, the stores in London have a lot of inventory still.

Yeah, but at least they're a whopping 30% off all toys now. You can get that 3rd Skullgrin you always wanted for Walmart's regular price! BARGAIN!!

lars573
04-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I suspect that in the last 2-3 weeks before they shut the doors the discounting will get more agro.

EDIT: Also forgot some Zellers are getting in PCC 2-packs for a regular price of $10. So consider that.

Tekkamanraiden
04-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah, but at least they're a whopping 30% off all toys now. You can get that 3rd Skullgrin you always wanted for Walmart's regular price! BARGAIN!!

It's 30% now? Wasn't when I was there on Monday night.

Nomad
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Even then its still higher than most retail, so other than the odd power core stuff or rare find, I`m not wasting any more gas going there. I`ve already had to go there 3 damn times trying to return something I picked up for a friend (but that he didn`t want anymore), simply because they`re apparently cutting their hours back even further.

Now, not only does the store itself close at 6 pm (where I live anyway), but customer service closes at 5 now, and there isn't even a sign outside to let you know. The only way to find out is to wait there like an idiot until nobody comes out (they had a sign at CS but there was shit on top of it so I couldn`t see), and then walk around in the store to bug the only person working there while expecting to find walkers (zombies) roaming the isles.

Detective Barricade
04-19-2012, 11:35 AM
I suspect that in the last 2-3 weeks before they shut the doors the discounting will get more agro.

EDIT: Also forgot some Zellers are getting in PCC 2-packs for a regular price of $10. So consider that.
Not a bad price, and I did cash in on it a bit last week with Skyhammer, Heavytread, and Undertow. Of course, the Zellers that are closing don't appear to be getting anything more in...

LBD "Nytetrayn"
04-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Just found out the other day that the Zellers at Centre Point is closing. That's disappointing, as they actually had the in-store restaurant and the amusingly ironic sign outside stating that "Low Prices are the LAW!", unlike my local one.

I should take some pictures.

juxtapose519
04-21-2012, 05:27 PM
It's 30% now? Wasn't when I was there on Monday night.

I'm pretty confident (at least 72%) that the one on Highbury is 30% off now. I don't know about Westmount or Masonville.

Edit: Confirmed. Highbury is definitely 30% off. Still haven't been to any others though.

Mike
04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
All toys at Peterborough Zellers are now 40% off. Nothing really interesting to buy though. Maybe if they go down to 60% and there's still some Kreo stuff left, I may buy a couple

TFSoldier
05-01-2012, 05:12 AM
From what I've heard, you are right.
I've been poking around Zellers quite a bit, ever since I heard that they were going under. I've also been asking a lot of questions... The ones on the list were the ones that got bought and WILL be changing over. The ones that aren't on the list will be tear downs and most likely be divided into 2 or more properties for unrelated businesses. I'm sure there is still a possibility that they get picked up by Target at the last minute.

Shepp
05-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I just remembered, I need to head up to a Zellers to look for Nerf ammo. Those microdarts with the ammo clips, and one of those gray ammo boxes.

Can't find the ammo boxes anywhere else. Too bad they're like $20 after the 30% off. Might look for them online, actually.

About the only good thing I've found at any Zellers lately were the PCC figures.

Nomad
05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah, and Burning Fallens.

(and no, I don't care that this is like the 10th time I've made that joke. The marks of Burning Fallen are legendary, and destined to outlive even the most resilient of Zellers crash sites through plauful banter & unsuccessful liquidation)

Matrix_Holder
05-01-2012, 08:50 AM
From what I've heard, you are right.
I've been poking around Zellers quite a bit, ever since I heard that they were going under. I've also been asking a lot of questions... The ones on the list were the ones that got bought and WILL be changing over. The ones that aren't on the list will be tear downs and most likely be divided into 2 or more properties for unrelated businesses. I'm sure there is still a possibility that they get picked up by Target at the last minute.

Thats not actually correct. The 2 locations in Burlington are not on the list and neither is the one in waterdown and they are known to be future Targets. They were on the target conversion list that was released a while ago. The ones on the liquidation list from what I have heard are the ones closing (they were not on the conversion list) and either turning over to walmart or becoming parking lots....but things can change.

gagagalvatron
05-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Thats not actually correct. The 2 locations in Burlington are not on the list and neither is the one in waterdown and they are known to be future Targets.

This agrees with what I know about Cambridge Zellers. It's not on liquidation, but it has always been on the convert-to-Target list, been mentioned in news and radio programs as becoming a Target, and employees have been told it's becoming a Target.

I don't know what's up for the liquidation stores, or why the destined-to-be-Target stores aren't liquidating their junk (you'd think they would be by now) but is it any surprise nobody really knows what's going on with Zellers?

Pascal
05-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Zellers in Sherbrooke is becoming a Walmart, everything is 40-60% off right now.

wedge1021
05-01-2012, 10:40 AM
I was under the impression that Zellers would still continue to operate as a business, just at a far smaller market share. ie: most of the leases were sold to Target, some to Walmart, and some to be closed - but I thought there were still going to be some stores that continue operating as Zellers, at least for the near future. Mostly the stores in areas farther away from Targets/WMs - basically turning them into one of those small-town discount chain stores. I'm pretty sure I read something like this from HBC a while back - although you never know, and I might have been reading too much into what they were saying.

sikkbones
05-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah, and Burning Fallens.

(and no, I don't care that this is like the 10th time I've made that joke. The marks of Burning Fallen are legendary, and destined to outlive even the most resilient of Zellers crash sites through plauful banter & unsuccessful liquidation)

surprisingly St. catherines Is sold out of burning Fallen after having them shelfwarm for years... No voyagers at all
and only a few deluxes at a price between 10.99 and 12.99 depending if dotm or generations... This is of course regualar price elsewhere...

Even sadder is Games marked down to 30% or 40% of 45.99 when it's a nintendo select title and the store hasn't bothered to do the initial company mandated markdown, Case in point: A nintendo Select mario super sluggers. still 45.99 minus markdown... regular price 19.99 And it was right beside punch out marked down to 13 bucks.

Nomad
05-03-2012, 08:41 AM
If I were stuck in a fitting room, the first person I’d call would be ______________ .

- http://www.facebook.com/ZellersCanadaAlso, the Zellers FB page just posted this^ status update, and I immediately wanted to respond with something along the lines of "If you make a scream & there's nobody else in the store to hear it, do you still make a sound?", but figured it'd be in bad taste & decided against.

gagagalvatron
05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
"If you make a scream & there's nobody else in the store to hear it, do you still make a sound?"

In Zellers, no one can hear you scream.

(except maybe the Alien Resurrection toys that have been there since 1997)

Nomad
05-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Hahah you wanna talk old shit? I remember working at Crappy Tire & finding things from like the 80's buried in the warehouse, much of which I'd end up turning by pointing it out to the right customers who came in. Zellers has nothing on my "backstock finds".

Shepp
05-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Hahah you wanna talk old shit? I remember working at Crappy Tire & finding things from like the 80's buried in the warehouse, much of which I'd end up turning by pointing it out to the right customers who came in. Zellers has nothing on my "backstock finds".

Back in like 2006, the Welland Zellers (before moving) carried ID4 figures, Pixar's A Bug's Life figures, Titan A.E. figures, and had a number of Beast Wars Transmetal Scavenger figures, all out on the shelves.

Nothing much pre-1990 though.

Nomad
05-03-2012, 11:36 AM
That'd be a good thing, though :(

canprime
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
So 40-60% now at some locations.

Getting close to buy time, but since there is nothing left that I "need" or don't have, it will be 50% before I bite, even if it means missing out.

Nomad
05-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Honestly though, I can't think of anything I'd want from the store in my area, even at 50% off. Like, I'll prolly check out the main one in Kelowna couse they normally have more stock, but I just spent like 45 bucks on Animated figures today, so I think I'm good... for now heh

gagagalvatron
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Back at Guelph Stone Road because I apparently like disappointment. Now 30% off. Woo. Apparently nothing has moved, as they still have exactly the same TFs and Kre-O.

Overheard a 5 year old, who was looking at the Ultimate Optimuses: A hundred bucks? What's wrong with this store?

Sideswipe
05-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Overheard a 5 year old, who was looking at the Ultimate Optimuses: A hundred bucks? What's wrong with this store?

Epic.

Tekkamanraiden
05-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I wonder how these stores are going to be empy by mid June.

That's just priceless.

Knockout
05-06-2012, 11:36 PM
of course this store goes on 40% off of toys and the Sideswipe Keo I was waiting to go down is now gone :/ fml only Megatron left.

lars573
05-07-2012, 01:01 AM
I wonder how these stores are going to be empy by mid June.
I'd say by the end of May it'll be 50-70% off.

Dragon Knight
05-07-2012, 01:20 AM

Wow, even kids know what a useless hunk of plastic Ultimate Op is...priceless:rofl:

DecepticonusPrime
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Just discovered this site and thread.

I'm glad to see I'm not the online annoyed by Zellers' "clearance" prices and just Zellers in general.

I'm hoping to pick up some Kreo at least at rock-bottom prices, but so far various ones on sale at TRU and Walmart have been better than Zellers is ever likely to be. I still need Optimus, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Prowl, so who knows.

I've come to hate Zellers and am glad to see it going out of business. Still, you gotta figure that the Targets up here won't be nearly as good or cheap as the ones in the States (just like TRU and Walmart). :(

Undrave
05-07-2012, 06:27 PM
As long as their prices are similar to the Wal Mart and TRU we already have here that'll be enough for me.

sikkbones
05-07-2012, 06:30 PM
of course this store goes on 40% off of toys and the Sideswipe Keo I was waiting to go down is now gone :/ fml only Megatron left.

wait for a TRU Kreo Sale, sideswipe will still be cheaper than zeller's sale.

DecepticonusPrime
05-07-2012, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I've gotten some good Kreo deals at TRU. Only problem is, they only seem to put one or two on sale at a time. I'm still waiting for a good deal on Prime, Prowl, Bumblebee and Sideswipe.

Though I suppose Prime's price of $40 at Walmart isn't bad compared to either TRU or Zellers...

lars573
05-08-2012, 01:26 AM
Just discovered this site and thread.

I'm glad to see I'm not the online annoyed by Zellers' "clearance" prices and just Zellers in general.

I'm hoping to pick up some Kreo at least at rock-bottom prices, but so far various ones on sale at TRU and Walmart have been better than Zellers is ever likely to be. I still need Optimus, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Prowl, so who knows.

I've come to hate Zellers and am glad to see it going out of business. Still, you gotta figure that the Targets up here won't be nearly as good or cheap as the ones in the States (just like TRU and Walmart). :(
You mean the same US Targets that are charging $16.99 for a DOTM deluxe?

Scrapper6
05-08-2012, 09:12 AM

That is the regular CND retail price. Perhaps it is a sign of uniformity across the boarder.

DecepticonusPrime
05-08-2012, 09:18 AM

Well, I wasn't speaking of Transformers specifically I guess. Now that I think of it, most of the stuff we end up buying at Targets when we're in the US are movies and stuff for the home.

I guess if the Targets up here charge $17 for a deluxe, that's not too bad, but who knows if that'll actually be the case...

DecepticonusPrime
05-08-2012, 09:21 AM
That is the regular CND retail price. Perhaps it is a sign of uniformity across the boarder.

Well, I know that GI Joes in Canada have hovered around $10/figure since the beginning of the 25th line. And that's apparently what they generally cost in the US now too (except Meijers, at least, as of Christmas vacation anyway). So it does seem as if their prices are creeping up to match Canada, which makes sense due to our respective dollar values.

Too bad it wasn't the other way around, though. :(

General Tekno
05-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Was in a Zellers the other day, and had to chuckle. Namely, because despite the liquidation signs, they had "Now Hiring" signs up.

Dragon Knight
05-08-2012, 11:02 AM

That's usually how Zellers "Sales" go. They are't very competitive at all.

gagagalvatron
05-08-2012, 01:49 PM

Target prices change. They are not unlike Wal-Mart in that regard, although instead of calling them "rollbacks", they simply change them up or down. Unlike Zellers, if something isn't selling, they change the price.

DOTM Deluxes were cheaper in December. I turned down DOTM Deluxe 2 packs for $10 because I had limited packing space and already owned the molds.

Even if nothing else, Target will be no worse than Zellers price wise, and they will be cleaner and more organized.

Note that their DOTM Voyagers are 21.99

lars573
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
It's not like you'd have to try real hard to be a better store than Zellers has been these past 5 years.

I'm of the opinion that Target being here will be better for us all the way round. Wal-Mart hasn't had serious competition since it came to Canada.

canprime
05-08-2012, 06:16 PM
It's not like you'd have to try real hard to be a better store than Zellers has been these past 5 years.

I'm of the opinion that Target being here will be better for us all the way round. Wal-Mart hasn't had serious competition since it came to Canada.

Agreed. Target will most likely follow the same plan as they do in the US by keeping within pennies of Walmart pricing, for the most part.

As well the stores will be nicer, cleaner, and hopefully have a better level of staff.

Nomad
05-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Was in a Zellers the other day, and had to chuckle. Namely, because despite the liquidation signs, they had "Now Hiring" signs up.
Hahahah. I'd feel beyond silly walking into one of those stores applying for a job, but then again, its not like I'd be opposed to knowing how long I'd be expected to remain on staff for either. If a bunch of people said "fuck this" & left prematurely and they're wanting somebody for 2 months when cool.

... however since this is Zellers, its probably just there because they think its a good way of generating business.

Tekkamanraiden
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM
... however since this is Zellers, its probably just there because they think its a good way of generating business.

Since it's Zeller's its probably been up for years.

Requateer
05-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Could the sales potentially reach 70%-80% off as it gets really close to the closing date? I would totally get an Ultimate OP for $20-30.

faustx
05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Could the sales potentially reach 70%-80% off as it gets really close to the closing date? I would totally get an Ultimate OP for $20-30.

Likely a stretch...my guess is about 50-60% max. My zellers is now 1/3 empty...lots of dead departments, but toys still stands. 20% off video games not bad.

J

Mega-Prime 316
05-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah but if your Zellers is like mine here, that 20% off brings them in line with everybody else regular shelf price! ;P

Dragon Knight
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Likely a stretch...my guess is about 50-60% max. My zellers is now 1/3 empty...lots of dead departments, but toys still stands. 20% off video games not bad.

J

If they had any recent games, yeah it would. But I can get better prices buying pre owned from Eb Games

sikkbones
05-09-2012, 11:57 AM
If they had any recent games, yeah it would. But I can get better prices buying pre owned from Eb Games

case in point... they are still selling unmarked nintendo selects at full price, 49.99 when even Nintendo has marked them down to 19.99 msrb.

juxtapose519
05-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Looks like the Highbury Zellers is up to 40% off all toys. Unfortunately, there's still nothing worth buying.

sikkbones
05-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Looks like the Highbury Zellers is up to 40% off all toys. Unfortunately, there's still nothing worth buying.

40% off a Burning Fallen? I am so There.

LBD "Nytetrayn"
05-10-2012, 05:09 AM
I was at the Jane/Wilson Zeller's yesterday. Not a lot there, but I did get Power Core Combiners Huffer for $5. I wish I could have gotten one of their Arks...

Oh, and I forgot to mention: toys were 50% off here. Not a lot on the TF front, but they did have some stuff, including Kreos.

Tekkamanraiden
05-10-2012, 07:27 AM

Just 40%?!? Hmm Tillsonburg was up to 50% off not that there was much left.

Nomad
05-13-2012, 11:16 PM
Picked up a ROTF Fallen Dirt Boss for 11 bucks today at Zellers. Sucks that it wasn't discounted further, but it'd have cost me at least that much to find one online, it was already a few bucks less than normal, and well... right in front of me.

rego00123
05-14-2012, 12:35 AM
it looks like my local zellers was sold back to hudson and now we will be getting a brand new target building sometime in 2013 with our zellers staying right where it is....so no "sales" for us here

i still laugh every time i see the 50% mark up they have on halo mega blocks. something that is suppose to retail for under 40 bucks going for 79.99.

im not even sure how this store can afford to stay open since nothing ever sells in it.

sikkbones
05-14-2012, 11:46 AM
it looks like my local zellers was sold back to hudson and now we will be getting a brand new target building sometime in 2013 with our zellers staying right where it is....so no "sales" for us here

i still laugh every time i see the 50% mark up they have on halo mega blocks. something that is suppose to retail for under 40 bucks going for 79.99.

im not even sure how this store can afford to stay open since nothing ever sells in it.

i found a set at walmart for 10 months ago, 2 of them actually and then i went into zellers this week, and lo and behold the same two sets 29.99 down from 49.99

Gaetznes
05-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Zellers Saint John west Toys 60%. Picked up a Classics Ultra Silverbolt on saturday. It was like $20.

Nomad
05-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear that you finally picked on up for a good price. Guess waiting paid off this time, eh?

Shockwave 75
05-22-2012, 02:34 PM
It looks like the prices for the Zellers that are staying put are stabilizing.

The one near me at Jane and Finch has all it's TF's going back down to the normal, pre-shake-up, prices.

Goaliebot
05-22-2012, 05:09 PM
So... they have less than 2 weeks left (supposed to close June 2) and yet many stores are still at 30-40% off toys, is that correct?

Sheesh. Those burning Fallens are just gonna FLY at that rate.

juxtapose519
05-22-2012, 05:48 PM
The ones here in London are 50% off now, but even at those prices there's still nothing worth buying.

Rise of Cobra Air Vipers still aren't worth $13

Matrix_Holder
05-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Still full price in burlington. Well...above full price for prime and generations. Good riddance sellers, come on target...hurry up already.

Nomad
05-22-2012, 07:47 PM
So... they have less than 2 weeks left (supposed to close June 2) and yet many stores are still at 30-40% off toys, is that correct?

Sheesh. Those burning Fallens are just gonna FLY at that rate.
Yeah, they'll fly alright... to Winners.

gagagalvatron
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
60% off at Waterloo Bridgeport and Kitchener Stanley Park.

Waterloo had some decent things -- Autobot Arks, 3 Target exclusive Starscreams, 3 Cyberverse Prime+Leadfoot, Cyberverse Bee+Megatron, and lots of DOTM Bumblebees. I picked up a HA Thunderhead -- the only HA -- for $5. Amazingly, no Burning Fallens or Legends 5 packs, and I know this store had a ton of the latter.

Decent for Kre-O Optimus and Megatron, but Sentinel is cheaper at TRU.

Kitchener was empty. I don't get why this store had so much less. Still had plenty of toys, but virtually no TFs. Only thing of note was a PRiD Cliff for around $10.

TwinTwistR
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Haven't been to Zellers for a while, figured I check out the Stoneroad location here in Guelph before it's gone. Big sign out front says 50% - 80% on everything. I figure for $10 I might actually pull the trigger on a Burning fallen. Get to the toy aisle and they have close to a dozen. Ticketed price still $39.99, so they are asking $20! Literally LOL'd and walked out. Only other TF related stuff was a bunch of ark playsets; again, the sale price is something like $20. Wow!

Mike
06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
6 days left!! pretty baron in the peterborough store now, Transformers have been sold out for weeks now

Rogue_Optimus
06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Zellers in Kitchener are pretty much empty in general now, 70% off now. The one on Weber and Bridgeport had Kre-O's last week but as of yesterday, it's all gone, nothing of note to mention there. Ditto for the one on Stanley Park today,

Tekkamanraiden
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Wow apparently 50% off was the push for London residents, Westmount Zellers is almost barren.

Stapler
06-01-2012, 07:50 PM
My local Zellers is in it's last week and everything is 70 to 90% off. Absolutely no transformers, or anything really, left or worth picking up.

Mike
06-02-2012, 07:09 AM
I went to zellers yesterday cuz their signs said (everything 70% to 90%) but there's still so many things only 40% off like food, and everyday items, some stuff not even on sale at all. There wasn't much actually 70% and I didn't see anything 90% off

Nomad
06-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm gonna hit up the ones in my area tomorrow, but the last time I was there, neither of em had a store wide clearance, which is funny because the bigger one in Kelowna's supposed to be reformatted into a Target come the great upgrade.

Not like there's anything I want, but hell. If I can find a nice pair of pants for a good deal (which in all fairness I kinda need because if I ruin my charcoal jeans I'm kinda fucked), so who knows. If transformers happen to come home with me as well, then so be it. :D

Gaetznes
06-02-2012, 08:40 AM
My last shift is today. I am excited. The store is closed in 4 more days.

Nomad
06-02-2012, 08:46 AM
What's gonna happen with all the shit nobody buys?

... guilty or innocent? :D

Gaetznes
06-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I just keep telling customers, were going to compact it in the garbage. Reality though, everything sells. The last zellers I worked at that closed. The last day was fill this bag for $25, garbage bags for $50. You would be surprised how well that works. People will buy crap for the sake that it is super cheap.

Nomad
06-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Hahahah, the Grand Nagus would be pleased. :)

Mike
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I'll be gone on vacation for the last opened day at our Zellers but I'd be one of those people that would go down and buy stuff just cuz it was super cheap XD

Save it all for christmas gifts or something.. here's a chair! merry christmas!

babbayagga
06-02-2012, 02:12 PM
My local Zellers is in it's last week and everything is 70 to 90% off. Absolutely no transformers, or anything really, left or worth picking up.

What zellers location is that?
The one in Amherst was 50% off toys yesterday, (Friday) they started their liquidation late though I think. They still had a few transformers things... but alot was over-priced to start with... ex. 10$ for legends class figures.

LBD "Nytetrayn"
06-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Haven't been to Zellers for a while, figured I check out the Stoneroad location here in Guelph before it's gone. Big sign out front says 50% - 80% on everything. I figure for $10 I might actually pull the trigger on a Burning fallen. Get to the toy aisle and they have close to a dozen. Ticketed price still $39.99, so they are asking $20! Literally LOL'd and walked out. Only other TF related stuff was a bunch of ark playsets; again, the sale price is something like $20. Wow!

How much would an Ark be? I've been wanting one, but it's been a bit out of my range...

Knockout
06-03-2012, 03:26 AM
What zellers location is that?
The one in Amherst was 50% off toys yesterday, (Friday) they started their liquidation late though I think. They still had a few transformers things... but alot was over-priced to start with... ex. 10$ for legends class figures.

St. catharines location at Fairview Mall is 70 - 90% on it's last 4 days. Barely anything left

Gaetznes
06-03-2012, 05:20 AM
Had my last shift, it was ok. Also was imformed that by the last few hours on the last day, they are going to be doing $5 full your own bags. I'm Happy I wont be there then. It will be stuipt crazy.

Nomad
06-03-2012, 05:59 AM
I'd like, hide loot the day before or something so I wouldn't need to fight away fat women in ugly dresses.

canprime
06-03-2012, 06:31 AM
I'd like, hide loot the day before or something so I wouldn't need to fight away fat women in ugly dresses.

That might work normally, but if you go into one of the locations that is days away from closing, you'll see that there is almost nowhere to hide anything.

Nomad
06-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Oh, there's always somewhere to hide shit, always. You'd just need to be a little more clever than normal. :D

Kristal
06-03-2012, 08:37 AM
The zellers location in Pincourt, Quebec is having a last weekend sale of 70-80% off sale. Let's just say popular games and consoles are long gone. And there's gaps of toys there. If your a brony, there's MLP toys still there but nothing much of TFs toys because they're either generations wave 1 and some ROTF scouts.

sikkbones
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Hamilton is empty except for some still overpriced games.

Cobra Zartan
06-03-2012, 04:42 PM
My zellers was not on the closing store list but we just drove by and they just put signs up today that they are shutting down.

Dragon Knight
06-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Square 1 Zellers looked like it got ransacked pretty hard. The toy section is a complete mess, surprisingly no transformers there at all, the only thing I found was an opened Kre-O set with a few bricks left in the package.

Actually, I found a lot of figures either missing from the package, or missing accessories...kinda pathetic, really.

sikkbones
06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Round 2 of the liquidating stores folks...

http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx

Scrapper6
06-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Round 2 of the liquidating stores folks...

http://www.zellers.com/liquidation/en/default.aspx

*SIGH* I don't know why I bothered checking the damn link. From everything I've been told recently not a single Zellers in Manitoba is even partaking of liquidation sales.

According to what my father was told as he relayed it to me, the stores that will be closing for renovations around July or so are going to ship their unsold merchandise to the other stores in the city, and this will continue until Target has renovated all of their stores except one, then that one is slated to have a Liquidation.

It's the stupidest way for our Province to be handling this thing, I mean seriously, aside from PEI every other province has been liquidating their merchandise. I half expect the crap that doesn't sell will all get shipped off from the rest of Canada to Manitoba and be sold at the full price until only one Zellers in the province is left.

I am seriously f'ing tired of walking into my local zellers and seeing those stupid RoC Rescue Mission sets and RoC Target Figure/Vehicle Packs at the same damn prices they've been at since 2009's early stint of price reductions. I am not paying 22.50$ for a toy that was 15$ in the states and 30$ here, that is not a clearance price. That is a fricken piece of shite, and I am getting tired of being denied the chance to purchase those two Air Viper's with Rocket Packs for 15$ or less each. What the hell happened to the 70% off on clearance toys that Zellers was doing two years ago? If they're going under, why the hell keep these products on the shelf in the system at ludicrous 'discounts' that aren't even real discounts. Especially for a three year old toy.

ARGH! I appologize for the rant.

MitchPoer
06-13-2012, 07:33 PM
beh no new liquidation in Quebec

Requateer
06-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey, looks like Shoppers World is getting a Target to match their new Bus Terminal.

Shepp
06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
*SIGH* I don't know why I bothered checking the damn link. From everything I've been told recently not a single Zellers in Manitoba is even partaking of liquidation sales.

According to what my father was told as he relayed it to me, the stores that will be closing for renovations around July or so are going to ship their unsold merchandise to the other stores in the city, and this will continue until Target has renovated all of their stores except one, then that one is slated to have a Liquidation.

It's the stupidest way for our Province to be handling this thing, I mean seriously, aside from PEI every other province has been liquidating their merchandise. I half expect the crap that doesn't sell will all get shipped off from the rest of Canada to Manitoba and be sold at the full price until only one Zellers in the province is left.

I am seriously f'ing tired of walking into my local zellers and seeing those stupid RoC Rescue Mission sets and RoC Target Figure/Vehicle Packs at the same damn prices they've been at since 2009's early stint of price reductions. I am not paying 22.50$ for a toy that was 15$ in the states and 30$ here, that is not a clearance price. That is a fricken piece of shite, and I am getting tired of being denied the chance to purchase those two Air Viper's with Rocket Packs for 15$ or less each. What the hell happened to the 70% off on clearance toys that Zellers was doing two years ago? If they're going under, why the hell keep these products on the shelf in the system at ludicrous 'discounts' that aren't even real discounts. Especially for a three year old toy.

ARGH! I appologize for the rant.

As a company, they may decide to sell all their excess stuff to giant tiger as a huge lot. the higher the price they are on the shelf, the higher they can theoretically get from GT or Winners or something.

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Upper Canada Zellers.

That Burning Fallen is mine!

juxtapose519
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Went to Westmount Zellers today and it was just depressing. It looks like a tornado hit the shelves and nobody bothered to clean it up. Even for 70% off there was absolutely nothing I wanted to own. RIP Zellers.

Nomad
06-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Couldn't find a pair of pants or even some underwear?

Tekkamanraiden
06-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Went to Westmount Zellers today and it was just depressing. It looks like a tornado hit the shelves and nobody bothered to clean it up. Even for 70% off there was absolutely nothing I wanted to own. RIP Zellers.

It's been that way for two weeks, oddly the week before there was still quite a bit of inventory.

LBD "Nytetrayn"
06-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Hmm, my local Zellers closed their pharmacy, but I didn't see them on the list...

Akroyer
06-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Hmm, my local Zellers closed their pharmacy, but I didn't see them on the list...

Same thing here, the Pharmacy is shutting down any day now. Makes me wonder what they plan to use or not use the space for.

They moved a bunch of the jewellery stuff back into the video games department a few weeks ago.