PDA

View Full Version : How much are alternators worth?

OMEGA
02-07-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm getting acouple for $40 and wondering if it worth it for that price or not

STI 2NV
02-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Which ones are they? Some common ones are worth way less than 40, But some go on ebay for around 100.

pandaprime
02-08-2012, 12:41 AM
totally depends which ones dude :) i guess a very general range is between $30 to $100? :confused:

RedOktobre
02-08-2012, 12:50 AM
I have been actively buying them for the past three (3) years on E-Bay, Craigslist, mail order, and from local forum members.

Based upon my experience, determining their value is a bit of a crap shoot. The asking price varies widely from model to model and from seller to seller.

My cheapest one was Windcharger for $25 from Craigslist Vancouver. I managed to land an incredible deal for Mirage at $40 on E-Bay. I bought Rodimus for $40 (fairly good deal) from mail order because I bought two (2) of them.

However, to address your question, for non-rare unpopular Alternators, the price varies from $30 to $50; for example: Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Windcharger, Smokescreen, Battle Ravage, etc.

For rare and/or popular Alternators, the prices vary from $40 to $80+. For example: Rodimus, Mirage, Shockblast, Meister, Autobot Camshaft, Nemesis Prime, Rumble, Prowl, Decepticharge, etc.

Alternators Swerve is very difficult and expensive to find.

In general, if you are patient (like me), you can buy them for less.

Good luck!

OMEGA
02-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks guys ! I'm planning to get keister and silverstreak to see if o get hooked or not lmao o guess 40 is a good asking price from the guy I'm getting it from ? Ice been looking at alternity too those are the diecast ones or is it bineltech however you spell that ?

alternatorfan
02-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Thanks guys ! I'm planning to get keister and silverstreak to see if o get hooked or not lmao o guess 40 is a good asking price from the guy I'm getting it from ? Ice been looking at alternity too those are the diecast ones or is it bineltech however you spell that ?
who is keister is that a new alternator? LOL

pulsedragon20
02-08-2012, 02:15 AM

MISB Silverstreak was a shelf warmer for a very long time and the "market" still has a lot available, so it's not worth $40. But $40 for MISB Meister is good if it's the red box version and not the bubble one.

Just my two cents after spending some years collecting everyone (either MIB or MISB) on ebay mainly

hardreturn
02-08-2012, 02:27 AM
i managed to snag ravage(not battle ravage), shockblast, nemesis prime and jazz for $25-$35 each last year.

i also got the clear mirage which kinda skews my average price.

OMEGA
02-08-2012, 03:45 AM
who is keister is that a new alternator? LOL

LOL sorry bro typooo meister i mean

OMEGA
02-08-2012, 03:45 AM
MISB Silverstreak was a shelf warmer for a very long time and the "market" still has a lot available, so it's not worth $40. But $40 for MISB Meister is good if it's the red box version and not the bubble one.

Just my two cents after spending some years collecting everyone (either MIB or MISB) on ebay mainly

okay thanks for the sound advice, what about the white meister? or grimlock?

justprime
02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Both the Japanese lines are Dia cast and as such worth more usally starting around 60.00 and going up to several hundred dollars, much better quality and paint over there North American counterparts

Sideswipe
02-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Jazz and Prowl each have 2 releases. The earlier version is in red boxes, the later one were leleased in bubble package. On average the red boxed versions will go for more because they are earlier releases of course, but both characters are popular, so even the second releases can go for 50 bucks.

Not always though. Depends who you deal with and when. I like everyone else will say it can range between as low as 25 MIAB to upwards of 100 MISB.

And evilbay is evil.