PDA

View Full Version : TF: Prime - Episode 23

UltraPrimal
08-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Yet another new Prime episode on Teletoon. And it looks to be a big one!

jacobot
08-21-2011, 12:22 PM
On now...

RAF down
Megatron having visions of Unicron?
Prime wants to kill Megs NOW!
Prime says "One shalll stand one shall fall"
Big one on one battle.... To be continued

bedtime
08-21-2011, 12:30 PM
on as in on television?

Metroplex79
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh frag, I just watched it...and I need a few cycles to gather myself...

....I'm at a loss for words...

...WOW...

:eek:

Be back with thoughts later.

jacobot
Yes, just on Teletoon
See it again on the west feed @ 3pm

Nightscrabbler
on as in on television?
Yup, on Teletoon. Just ended.

Great episode.

Stapler
08-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Things are getting crazy now. If they're taking things where I think they're taking them, than this show has just showed that it has some serious balls and is totally insane.

Stapler
08-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Things are getting crazy now. If they're taking things where I think they're taking them, than this show has just showed that it has some serious balls and is totally insane.

Malwave
08-21-2011, 12:51 PM
surprisingly, I actually watched this episode....I was entertained to say the least :p

The 12th Prime
08-21-2011, 01:00 PM
I must say I am really enjoying the animation and story elements to this series, long live TF Prime! The delivery and presentation of this episode is top notch. Way to justify everything thing happening around Earth as plot devices go. This was definitely an edge of your seat episode for me and I am looking forward to it's conclusion which I hope may take more than one episode. I've seen some info online which I am not going to reveal here to avoid spoiling anyone but I'll just say that I am liking the blending of between all the different series and the movieverse. It's really nice when you can take all the better stuff from everything before and put it into one series. This might be what Hasbro has meant by unifying the continuity and if not this is a really good job. This episode really cemented my affection for this series and I am hoping that it continues on the path it is on, has a long run and does well.

Nightscrabbler
08-21-2011, 01:08 PM

haha

Can we talk about theories/spoilers here?

Based on this Comic-Con sneak peek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRS6At3JDBw

And the content of the episode, it's fairly clear what is happening.

Unfortunately, the kids will probably have some role in the "destiny".

joshimus
08-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Wasnt "Darkness Rising" the first 5 parter pilot? What episode are we on? Last one I saw Ratchet made Steroid Synthetic Energon

sideswipe88
08-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Wasnt "Darkness Rising" the first 5 parter pilot? What episode are we on? Last one I saw Ratchet made Steroid Synthetic Energon

This, but I sadly don't have teletoon :(

pandaprime
08-21-2011, 02:08 PM

yes, this episode name was already used for first episodes. Please clarify the name of the new episode. The new one should be ep.23 since ep.22 was "Stronger,Faster"

sideswipe88
08-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Youtube NOW! :D

Akroyer
08-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Youtube NOW! :D

Doesn't seem to be up yet..

transforminator
08-21-2011, 03:31 PM
OMG OMG!!!! Badass prime in the house..... amazing episode, definitely my favourite!! Bring on part 2!!

sideswipe88
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
The worst three words in television history "To Be Continued"

Ozrein
08-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Just watched this episode. Didnt catch the title of it though, but it's definately at least a 2-parter. I wont spoil it for anyone that hasnt had a chance to watch it yet, but some great action going in this show. Looking forward to the 2nd part.

Grimlock4Prime
08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Was anyone else slightly hopefully that Raf was getting killed off?

bedtime
08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Was anyone else slightly hopefully that Raf was getting killed off?

hellz yes. dang.

and yeah, god damn to be continued! i cant WAIT for the next part.

Omega.Prime
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM
I was kinda hoping that they would off him but knew it wasn't gonna happen... but then again, the series does have a dark tone to it so it could have worked out. His dark energon infection is surely going to place a key role in the future, lol.

And a huge OMG at Prime going after megs to destroy him! wow, that was quite epic!

Anyways, this is definitely my most fav TF series to date... by far!

malteselegacy
08-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I am enjoying this series. That epsiode was very cool.
Just wished there were more Autobots and Decepticons like in G1. I also dont care for the Decepticon drones.

sacha88
08-21-2011, 07:52 PM
That was epic.

joshimus
08-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Where can I find it? Teletoon didnt have it up

razin
08-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Where can I find it? Teletoon didnt have it up

Huh? The rest of us caught it on Teletoon @ 12 and 3 on TT West.

Looks like the guy who had been uploading it didnt do this one yet.

Omega.Prime
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
more thoughts on it here too:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=34205

joshimus
08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Huh? The rest of us caught it on Teletoon @ 12 and 3 on TT West.

Looks like the guy who had been uploading it didnt do this one yet. I meant Teletoon doesn't have it online yet

razin
08-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I meant Teletoon doesn't have it online yet

Ah! Gotcha.

razin
08-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Thanx to Protomans Tweet, here is EP23 for download

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1726305474

ConvoyGTR
08-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Wow, oh wow! Where do I begin:

- It's always Earth LOL. I like at least they are aware of the cliche and embrace it with Bulkhead's line: "Crazy coincidence, heh. Right?"
- Raf and his computer wizardry. Sigh.
- I love that Ratchet laughed at the cat thing and was so embarrassed afterwards like he lost all his street cred.
- Jack: "Optimus. Do you want to see something funny?" Optimus: "No." Greatest thing ever!
- Wow, Raf is the first human casualty. Was hoping it would be Miko, but at least she's not responsible for it.
- Amazing scene to have Ratchet, the arrogant all-knowing doctor left absolutely helpless when he is needed most.
- Another awesome scene with Bumblebee, the childlike easy going bot being faced with the harshness of reality and also being somewhat responsible for it too.
- OMG! Optimus tapped into his movie self's bloodlust. Also realizing to do what is needed to be done, but not in the movie way of "We will kill them all!"
- Another awesome Optimus and Megatron fight with the iconic line. However, I seem to be the only that remembers Megatron saying "Why throw away your life so recklessly?" after Optimus says his line in the '86 movie instead of the two splitting Optimus's line.
- Interesting that Raf is sorta center stage in a episode finally, and being infected with Dark Energon, I wonder if this is all being led up to Raf using Dark Energon powers to defeat Unicron or whoever. Or maybe it is revealed he is a robot. Or just that someone needed to be injured in the prophecy.
- I bet the prophecy is going to be about Starscream somehow and not Megatron or Unicorn.

And the battle was good, but I have some issues with it:
- The first fury where both parties were "gun kattaing" each other, did they both forget they have swords and that that may be the better option? Also Optimus didn't bother to use his left arm for gun or sword and could of ended the battle right there.
- Little odd Optimus chooses the time to use his sword is when he's charging in, deflecting shot instead of counter firing with his gun or guns.
- After Optimus attacks with the sword and Megatron blocks with his own and they have a moment to banter, Optimus could of used his left arm for either gun or sword to again end the battle.
- And again after Megatron catches Optimus's sword, he forgets his left arm can turn into a gun....

I don't usually go this deep with a show, but I feel this episode and the series deserves it for telling a way deeper story than the ones we usually get in the past and totally succeeding at it too.

UltraPrimal
08-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Ah, yeah. I think you're right.:o I just assumed it was called "Darkness Rising" because of all the times they that in the episode. I thought that episode title sounded familiar.:p Maybe the episode title is "The Weak Shall Perish" or something. Unfortunately Rogers does tell us the title. Even the episode description is just the generic "Autobots protect the humans from the Decepticons" crap.

But this episode was just...amazing! Prime Prime started to go a little too Bay-verse Prime for my liking, though. Still, fracking awesome!

Iacon
08-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Hold crud!! This one does *not* disappoint. I'll write a synopsis, but y'all really need to experience this first-hand as soon as the Internet makes that possible... preferably on a >50" monitor...

TRANSFORMERS: PRIME EPISODE 23- Darkness Rising Part 1 (judging by other posts on Cybertron.ca... isn't that what the pilot was called, or was it "Darkness Something-Else")

Synopsis- The ep begins with Prime reciting a passage from the "Covenant of Primus" (this time, thankfully, not represented by a CGI leatherbound book... Prime just recites it from memory), detailing how when a certain number of planets align, darkness will erupt from a planet born in chaos. He and the Autobots argue about the validity of the legend and Ratchet comments how he always thought the planet in question was Cybertron, but he now thinks Earth is a much more likely candidate. The planets mentioned in the Covenant will align in several days or so, so Prime worries that Megatron thinks *he* is the "darkness" mentioned in the ancient texts.

... Cutting to the Decepticon base, it's clear that Megatron totally *does* think this. He's had Soundwave and others ransack several human labs/military bases to assemble the components to build another space bridge. Since the planetary alignment is rapidly approaching, he decides to send a squad of roadster Vehicons to get the last component, abandoning stealth altogether. The Autobots intercept and catch the drones in the act, so Megatron decides to intervene personally. En route, Megatron encounters Bumblebee (carrying Raf in his muscle car mode) and blasts him with a Dark Energon bolt. Bumblebee withstands the blast, but Raf is gravely injured...

Megatron arrives to assist his Vehicons and Prime, Arcee and Bulkhead are still keen to stop the theft... until Bumblebee arrives on the scene, carrying Raf (who is barely alive by this point). Noticeably shaken, Prime orders Ratchet to bridge them back so that Raf can be treated. Megatron and the Vehicons successfully complete their mission. Unbeknownst to Megatron, Prime and Bulkhead have snuck on board the Decepticon space cruiser while the other Autobots retreated through the ground bridge.

As Ratchet struggles to figure out how to treat a human for Dark Energon exposure, Jack insists on calling his mother (who, as you may recall, is a nurse). Ratchet protests, but is forced to admit that he is way out of his depth and that his stubborn pride prevented him from actually bothering to learn human physiology. With June's help to stabilize Raf, Ratchet cures the boy by infusing him with a dose of standard Energon to counter the "anti-matter" that was burning through his body.

While this way going on, Prime, stricken with grief and fearing that he probably cost Raf his life, decides, with *great* trepidation, that Megatron must be "destroyed". He invades the Decepticon space cruiser, fighting his way through dozens of Vehicons. Unfortunately, Megatron has already had a vision, claiming that the Dark Energon flowing through his system allows him to see Unicron's thoughts and thus predict the future. In this vision (which seems to contain a brief, darkened flash of Unicron's face, though it *could* be somebody else...), he sees a volcano on Earth. By the time Prime infiltrates the space cruiser, Megatron has already found this volcano. He orders his Decepticons to stand down and allow Prime to use the Decepticon space bridge to travel to the volcano and join him...

An epic and brutal battle ensues and Prime ultimately wins. He delivers the *killing* *blow* with his retractable arm-blade... but Megatron *catches* the blade in his hands, seemingly empowered by some energy source. As the volcano erupts, the source becomes clear. Dark Energon is erupting from the volcano!!! (To Be Continued...)

So yeah, I'm still in shock as to how good that was. This show is teetering dangerously close to outshining Beast Wars, in my eyes. For one thing, the animation is *way* better (I'm sorry, but almost none of the beast modes looked right... at least not until Season 2, but then they were just slavish reproductions of the Transmetal toys, which looked silly for different reasons) and the plot actually feels like it was all plotted out in advance. As much as I loved Beast Wars, it's fairly common knowledge (as evidenced by the interviews on the Rhino DVDs) that Mr. Forward and Mr. DiTillio were making up a lot of the overarching plot as they went along (i.e. the whole Vok plot feels a lot like they sorta wrote themselves into a corner). Okay, this BW comparison is starting to get a little flame-baity, so I'll digress...

It's funny how Prime vows to kill Megatron in this episode (and a brutal battle occurs where he very nearly did), thus echoing the events of "Dark of the Moon"... and yet, this version is totally *in-character* for G1 Prime! Cullen really sells the idea that this murderous rampage goes against everything Prime believes in, but his guilt over letting Megatron run wild over Earth propels him forward. It's just great stuff, and my description does not do it justice.

The revelation that Earth contains Dark Energon is quite interesting... mostly because it so nicely echoes the events of IDW's Spotlight: Shockwave. Ol' Blinky would, of course, be a highly logical addition to the TF:P cast, what with his "major" role in DotM (hey, maybe he'll even transform in this continuity!!), so I'm strongly hoping that he might have something to do with the ectopic Dark Energon deposit. OTOH, seeing as how it is purported to be "Unicron's blood", the Chaos-bringer himself might be a more likely culprit... hopefully we'll find out before the end of the season...

Quote of the ep- "Why leave matters to fate, if one can forge one's own destiny?" - Megatron... Right on!! That's just perfect G1 Megatron right there! This slagmaker ain't bowing to nobody... I can already feel this Bayverse-Pretender-To-The-Throne fading from my memory banks... yesssss...

J (oh gawd, did I just quote BW Megatron like a blithering David Kaye fangirl...? This episode has clearly made me joyously delirious...)

shockwing
08-22-2011, 12:20 AM
porbarly my most favourite episode, no I am tempted to get the voyager figure of prime

Iacon
08-22-2011, 12:23 AM
- Interesting that Raf is sorta center stage in a episode finally, and being infected with Dark Energon, I wonder if this is all being led up to Raf using Dark Energon powers to defeat Unicron or whoever. Or maybe it is revealed he is a robot. Or just that someone needed to be injured in the prophecy.
- I bet the prophecy is going to be about Starscream somehow and not Megatron or Unicorn.

Regarding Raf, please don't give them any ideas... ugh... I was really hoping that Megatron had instantly killed him with his blast... not that I hate Raf all that much... it just would have been so *novel* for a "human partner" to be so suddenly and tragically killed like that!

Reagrding Starscream-- dang, I *really* hope you're right. That would be unspeakably awesome. That was one of my favourite things about TF: Cybertron-- Screamer actually came out on top for part of it and was a credible threat. I feel like Mr. Blum's version has more than enough potential to surpass even Cyb Screamer's cosmic giganticism...

J (That's funny, this episode was so awesome, I totally forgot about Starscream! That's, like, never happened before... this calls for an obnxious emoticon!!)
:raisetheroof:

... ahh, yes... proper...

ConvoyGTR
08-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Regarding Raf, please don't give them any ideas... ugh... I was really hoping that Megatron had instantly killed him with his blast... not that I hate Raf all that much... it just would have been so *novel* for a "human partner" to be so suddenly and tragically killed like that!Yeah, it would of been pretty innovative if something like that were to happen. Of course being a kids show at its core, it ain't gonna.

I've come to respect the writers for knowing what the fans are thinking and will address it in the show in some manner. So having a character like Raf who can wizard computers and can understand Bumblebee, I think the writers have something planned to address or explain all this.

Regarding Starscream-- dang, I *really* hope you're right. That would be unspeakably awesome. That was one of my favourite things about TF: Cybertron-- Screamer actually came out on top for part of it and was a credible threat. I feel like Mr. Blum's version has more than enough potential to surpass even Cyb Screamer's cosmic giganticism...
Yeah, I was thinking Cybertron while I was typing it out. It would be too perfect for it not to happen as things are right now. I imagine Starscream keeping tabs on everyone and when the moment comes, bam, he gets the Dark Energon and well, a lot of possibilities after that.

trizeo
08-22-2011, 01:12 AM
THAT WAS EPIC! GIMME THE TOYS NOW!

Seriously though a really good episode. I enjoyed it, I love how Raf being hurt gave Prime the push he needed to kick MT's & try to end it.... keyword "try"!

Reminds me of DOTM Prime & I have no problems with it! Can't wait for the next episode...

A couple questions come to mind....

What role will SS play?... if any?
Will they pull the kill the OP thing?

In any case I'm enjoying TF Prime, hope they keep em' coming!

Dragon Knight
08-22-2011, 01:14 AM
With the way things are looking for the Hub...I really hope this series doesn't go the way of Wolverine and the X Men.

Oreobuilder
08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Loved the episode. Especially the no-holds-barred, knuckle-scrapping, gut-crunching, drag-down, knock-out brawl between OP and Megs. It's the fight I've been waiting almost 30 years to see on screen. It was that epic!

The scenes with Ratchet and the kids were also very touching.

OB

Iacon
08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Loved the episode. Especially the no-holds-barred, knuckle-scrapping, gut-crunching, drag-down, knock-out brawl between OP and Megs. It's the fight I've been waiting almost 30 years to see on screen. It was that epic!

I loved the bit where Prime actually grinds Megatron's face with his tires (causing tangible battle damage that results in Dark Energon bleeding profusely from his face!!). I can't believe I've never seen that kind of attack before in all the various Prime/Megatron scraps in the various media...

TF:Prime-- delivering fresh flavours of brutality every week!! Same face-grindin' time; same face-grindin channel!!

Nightscrabbler
08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
With the way things are looking for the Hub...I really hope this series doesn't go the way of Wolverine and the X Men.

:(

Iacon
08-22-2011, 04:00 PM
With the way things are looking for the Hub...

Is the Hub really in danger of going dark? Didn't Hasbro just put out a movie that made > $1 billion worldwide...? How could they possibly be in the red?

Akroyer
08-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Great episode, Prime just keeps getting better.

silent4life
08-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I was kinda giving up on this series, but after seeing how many of you said this episode was amazing, I had to catch up on episodes. And I must say I'm glad I didn't give up! This series has gotten better with each episode, espeically episode 23.

Having Prime as a bad a$$ is wicked! It's like in between episodes 22 and 23 Prime went out to a theatre and watched DOTM to see how much of a bad a$$ that version of prime was lol.

Can't wait to see what happens next! Just hoping they don't kill Prime, kinda getting tired of seeing him die and come back to life in alomst every Transformers series.

mx-01 archon
08-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Holy crap this episode. Just... holy crap.

For all of the series' pacing flaws, the one thing it's always managed to excel at instead is in its pathos. Emotional, introspective scenes have all been outstanding, drawing you into the mindsets of the characters with a surprising ease. But y'know, a lot of series have those humbling, introspective episodes. This episode does something entirely different with its emotional centre: it fills it almost entirely with feelings of frustration, hopelessness, and deep-seated fury.

As a result, this was easily one of the most intense 22 minutes of television I've ever watched. The episode's emotional state started to deteriorate the moment Raf was drawn into the crossfire. Seeing Bumblebee visually furious was a starter. But then there was Prime, oh god, Prime. Such cold, seething anger dripping from Cullen's lines. The line he delivered about giving up all hope of Decepticon redemption was absolutely chilling, punctuated by his methodical, almost surgical destruction of the Decepticon warship. Then it was offset by the panic going back at base, trying to save Raf's life, and all the genuine emotion from all the cast involved there, Ratchet's hopelessness, Bumblebee's sorrowful anger, the look of terror in Miko's eyes. And then back to Prime. All of that cold fury suddenly brought to fruition in his fight with Megatron. This wasn't Movie Prime, with his glorified, crowd-pleasing hack-and-slash antics. This was far more raw, brutal, and deeply entrenched in Prime's own personal struggles. This wasn't just a fight to end a war, this was Prime fighting against his own personal demons as well, taking responsibility for all the destruction he's allowed happen due to his leniency. Every hit he lays on Megatron has an emotional weight behind it, and the excellent animation in this show conveys that extremely well. Optimus Prime without mercy is terrifying, and yet, you feel sorry for him because you know it's something that'll haunt him for the rest of his life.

All the stops were pulled in this episode. Unwritten rules were suddenly broken. The end result? Just... damn.

Iacon
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
As a result, this was easily one of the most intense 22 minutes of television I've ever watched. The episode's emotional state started to deteriorate the moment Raf was drawn into the crossfire. Seeing Bumblebee visually furious was a starter. But then there was Prime, oh god, Prime. Such cold, seething anger dripping from Cullen's lines. The line he delivered about giving up all hope of Decepticon redemption was absolutely chilling, punctuated by his methodical, almost surgical destruction of the Decepticon warship. Then it was offset by the panic going back at base, trying to save Raf's life, and all the genuine emotion from all the cast involved there, Ratchet's hopelessness, Bumblebee's sorrowful anger, the look of terror in Miko's eyes. And then back to Prime. All of that cold fury suddenly brought to fruition in his fight with Megatron. This wasn't Movie Prime, with his glorified, crowd-pleasing hack-and-slash antics. This was far more raw, brutal, and deeply entrenched in Prime's own personal struggles. This wasn't just a fight to end a war, this was Prime fighting against his own personal demons as well, taking responsibility for all the destruction he's allowed happen due to his leniency. Every hit he lays on Megatron has an emotional weight behind it, and the excellent animation in this show conveys that extremely well. Optimus Prime without mercy is terrifying, and yet, you feel sorry for him because you know it's something that'll haunt him for the rest of his life.

Very well put, Mr. Archon. I've rewatched the third act over a dozen times by now, and yeah, it truly is exemplary in all respects. Like you say, the idea that the brutality hurts Prime on an emotional level much more that Megatron is being hurt physically is right on the money. Unlike Bayverse Prime, this isn't gratuitous violence... it's *ugly* violence that is doing irreparable damage to Prime's inner nobility and compassion... almost as if he were a father beating a child in a drunken rage...

I can't wait to see how Prime reacts when he finds out that Raf survived... I wonder if he'll step down as leader, not unlike IDW Prime in On-going #1 or MarvelG1 Prime in #71...

J (ugly violence... that's still pretty as hell to actually watch... also can't get over how awesome Cullen's battle bellowing is... I'm not even sure he would have been able to do that in '84 - '87...)

Prowl_2009
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Great episode, talk about a cliffhanger ending.

Akroyer
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I had to watch it a second time, if the quality keeps getting better. Than season two should be fantastic.

razin
08-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Noooooo, Teletoon didn't air a new episode today......I was so amped for it today, they have left us hanging. I'm guessing we will be stuck waiting for the US to catch up.

transforminator
08-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Noooooo, Teletoon didn't air a new episode today......I was so amped for it today, they have left us hanging. I'm guessing we will be stuck waiting for the US to catch up.

teletoon's probably the biggest a-hole in the world :argh:

Nightscrabbler
08-28-2011, 03:36 PM

I know, it was disappointing. And it even said "new episode" of Prime coming up during Avengers.

Maybe Hasbro told them not to show it because American viewers end up watching it online earlier? Might affect their Nielsen ratings or something.