PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 47 - Archaic Energon Guzzlers

Decepticon Army
05-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Canadian Slag is back again. Tune in as two Autobots and a Decepticon Army discuss three of the most important episodes in Beast Wars: The Agenda. We then divulge into the intricate and complex history of Transformers Decoys. We get to know good ol' lovable Bulkhead for Metroplex79 in our latest getting to know segment, and finish it off with Damn I wish I designed that: The DOTM Scan Series.

Episode 47 - Archaic Energon Guzzlers (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2047%20-%20Archaic%20Energon%20Guzzlers.mp3)
Host: Daniel w/ Phil and Wendel
- Trilogy Discussion: The Agenda
- Decoy History (for faustx)
- Getting to know - Bulkhead (for Metroplex79)
- Damn I wish I designed that - DOTM Scan Series

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2047%20-%20Archaic%20Energon%20Guzzlers.mp3)
(Click the link to play in browser or right click and save if you wish to download outside of iTunes)

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW! (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cybertron-ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858)

Protoman
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
That was fast!

Cheers Ian
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Two Things....

Trash Bag Bunch.

Ollie Williams (http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/Ollie_Williams)

Other than that, Awesome show guys. Really loved the segment about the history of Keshigummos (I'm sure that's spelled wrong)

Jawz. D
05-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Woo. Listening to it right now! ^_^

In response to the intro Decepticon Army. Nom, nom, nom! =P

chans formers
05-08-2011, 11:44 AM
lolz!!!!nice last words decepticonarmy:primelaugh:

both of those announcements really are just f%#king awesome:canada:

@proto, what about the battlebeasts?;p(keshigummo beginnings too?:confused:)
also,the end song you guys used(japanese),was that the one you sang at the after party in the bar last year?i was kinda too hammered to remember:o,but i do remember you singing in japanese:D

Protoman
05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
lolz!!!!nice last words decepticonarmy:primelaugh:

both of those announcements really are just f%#king awesome:canada:

@proto, what about the battlebeasts?;p(keshigummo beginnings too?:confused:)
also,the end song you guys used(japanese),was that the one you sang at the after party in the bar last year?i was kinda too hammered to remember:o,but i do remember you singing in japanese:D

Battle Beast (Beast Formers in Japan) do not fall under that as they are not only articulation and consist of multiple plastic molds/parts, they also are paint.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3444/3226321802_104f807968.jpg

Like this, (shown, Dragonball, Astroboy, Transformers, Pokemon, Ultraman, Rockman, ect)

Also the song was from Superlink, what I sung was from Car Robots

Malwave
05-08-2011, 06:53 PM
perhaps for ep. 50 maybe a live show? You have some topics, but you invite a certain number of folks on to get their own opinions on them as well?

Stapler
05-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Sounds like another fine episode. I'll be sure to give it a listen tomorrow. :)

Protoman
05-08-2011, 11:23 PM
I am really glad I did the decoy bit, thanks again for Fautsx for the idea.

CobraCommander
05-09-2011, 11:43 AM
What... Levar Burton as Jazz... that's awesome! :)

Metroplex79
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Loved The Agenda discussion!!! :D

Thanks guys.

CobraCommander
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
The scan series looks pretty cool, but I'm not too keen on the solid white scan line, the rest looks nice!

Stapler
05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Lots of Beast Wars gushing! :D Also, watch out, Protoman, or a drinking game may be made around how often you say "If you will". ;)

Oh and the garbage bag guys were the Trash Bag Bunch.

http://minifigures.blogspot.com/2008/05/trash-bag-bunch.html

TMIIWonkoNemises
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Wow,a Simpsons joke right out in the open?Let you Slaggers never change ;)

Anyway,

Phil,you pretty much nailed on The Agenda.The budget,the new designs,the plot,the character development/interaction,the significance and the vocal choice.It has been my favourite Episode(s) and will forever be my favourite.

Woah,Cristy Marx wrote the theme?Wow,is there anything that woman can't do?Aside from getting Dark Glass into a complete Beast Wars Episode (Another dream that can't come true at this day and age)

Daniel,I'm surprised that you forgot about Len Wein,considering we met him in FanExpo 2009.For shame boy. :P

Wow,guys,thanks for the deleted scenes talk about this Episode.Never had I thought that there were more subtle dialogue and another nod to Dinobot's death.

Hehehe,I'm glad I wasn't the only one who remembered that day The Agenda first aired.I recalled that I went to my cousin's house to see the Episodes and we were stoked (And went from one TV set to the next for each Episode).It was also the same day that my cousin claimed that we watched G2 at some time (Course,I was a baby way back then and never knew about it).I also thought that it was going to be the end of the Series since ReBoot and Shadow Raiders were taking over.

Well bear in mind that the characters were assumed to be killed off due to the Third Season being determined to be renewed.

Daniel,you also forgot to point out Prowls who were also a lion and an owl,but I get where you're going with this.I don't personally mind a quintessential design for future references,but with cases like Barricade,Lugnut,Bulkhead,and so on,I wouldn't mind more than one quintessential change to many characters now and then.

Also,kudos to you boys for giving us brief synopses for the Voice Actors' other works out of Transformers...something that was kind of missing in past Slag Episodes.You made this little Voice Actor Affectionado really happy.

I actually had the opposite reaction to Predatory...it got me out of Prime :(

So far I am very impressed with the Scan Series,but I'm not too sure about displaying them in Robot Mode.Regardless,I still have some space for my glass,LED light-filled shelf ;).DOTM figures have a whole lot of variety compared to ROTF,and despite some decisions I'm not down on (Such as the choice of paint apps),the variety of toys,their versions,their exclusives,would certainly keep me on the collecting aspect of the Fandom compared to the fiction (But that depends on how good the film will be).

Brilliant Episode guys.Love it.Excuse me while I go watch The Agenda again.

I think for the 50th should be a Slag retrospective:Best clips,unused scenes that didn't make the cut...you know,that sort of thing :)

Mumps
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
ya know, I still have two of my "Trash Bag Bunch" toys from when I was a kid. I don't know where they are, but they are somewhere!

Though... were these ever released under a different name here in Canada? Because that name just does NOT ring a bell, even though I can clearly identify what toys I have from the pictures I can find. I think I have a commercial on VHS with them on it from when I used to tape G2 every week as a kid :p

Robimus
05-09-2011, 11:34 PM
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/C4%202010/C420102107.jpg

Lee is awesome!:siren:

Protoman
05-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Daniel,I'm surprised that you forgot about Len Wein,considering we met him in FanExpo 2009.For shame boy. :P

Daniel,you also forgot to point out Prowls who were also a lion and an owl,but I get where you're going with this.I don't personally mind a quintessential design for future references,but with cases like Barricade,Lugnut,Bulkhead,and so on,I wouldn't mind more than one quintessential change to many characters now and then.

(For the Len Wein thing) Yeah! I know, it's why I could not continue the show till I got that off my mind. We were TOGETHER for that too. Stupid me...

(For the Prowl thing) Yeah what I am getting at is how a character with the same name can come along and complete "jack" the name and become the quintessential icon of it. I doubt Magnaboss Prowl and later TM2 Prowl (the Owl) did that =P Not to mention other Prowls after (Armada, Energon, ect)

One example is Rampage: Everyone seemed to forgot it was the name of a original G1 Predacons in the face of the insane Protoform X himself

Another good example of it, that is so strong they are on the fence of each other; Inferno. Both are so iconic they fight for that right of the name to the death.

..... one causes fires, one takes them out :siren:

kakit
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Love any BW discussion especially when it comes to the Agenda three parter =D Question though, wasn't it Bob Forward who wrote all three parts with consultation from Ben Yee? I thought Furman only wrote Nemesis Part 2. But epic times in general, I too remember watching it just not the day. Will always remember Optimal Situation on a Saturday morning before having to head out to class and discussing it with all my friends. Also what were the reasons for Marx holding against the release especially if she was a writer on lots of Mainframe's series too.

GMfan
05-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Love any BW discussion especially when it comes to the Agenda three parter =D Question though, wasn't it Bob Forward who wrote all three parts with consultation from Ben Yee? I thought Furman only wrote Nemesis Part 2.

Heh....yup....silly Daniel....

BTW Phil...your drawing SUCKED...your spirochete looked more like an amoeba...DO IT AGAIN!

:P

Stapler
05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
You know, with Cyberverse turning a lot of heads with the impending release of the DotM line, maybe you guys could discuss the legends class.

Between it's start in the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line, it's padding out of the Classics line, showing what it can do in the Universe 2.0 and Generations lines... There's a lot of interesting history there to how it looks to finally come into it's own with Cyberverse. :)

Shockwave 75
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Another good episode.

But the Scan Series? Seriously?! Those are just about the stupidest things I've ever seen. They're the most half-assed line fillers I've seen in a long time, being that they're just repaints with only half the paint!!

They might as well not even be able to transform since they'll lose the whole "scan" look once they're in robot mode.

Jawz. D
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh and the garbage bag guys were the Trash Bag Bunch.

http://minifigures.blogspot.com/2008/05/trash-bag-bunch.html

Bingo! I had that Yellow guy with the fan gun in the link.

Protoman
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Also what were the reasons for Marx holding against the release especially if she was a writer on lots of Mainframe's series too.

I dunno either. She has a HUGE body of written music that she has done that she is very protective of (Like she wrote a lot of stuff for Jem)

Jawz. D
05-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh yeah! I dunno if this would be a correction or not. But according to LeVar Berton's IMDB it says the's going to be Jazz in War for Cybertron 2, not Transformers: Prime.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000996/

CobraCommander
05-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh yeah! I dunno if this would be a correction or not. But according to LeVar Berton's IMDB it says the's going to be Jazz in War for Cybertron 2, not Transformers: Prime.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000996/

Still awesome ... but you don't have to take my word for it!

Batman
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Great episode guys :)