PDA

View Full Version : Rumble and frenzy coming?

MechanovaKing
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM
So i heard new that Rumble and Frenzy are canceled in the states. But i haven't found out if this affects us up north.

So are Rumble and Frenzy coming to Canada?

obakemono
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
So i heard new that Rumble and Frenzy are canceled in the states. But i haven't found out if this affects us up north.

So are Rumble and Frenzy coming to Canada?

I would also like to know the answer to this.

Does anyone know if there are any UNITED R&F available anywhere online right now?

Cpl. Chrissandwich
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I do think we will be getting Rumble, only because we have seen windcharger up here, so its a higher chance then the americans. But that what I think.

GMfan
04-11-2011, 08:20 PM
You will not be getting a "for sure" answer from this forum.

Mumps
04-11-2011, 08:35 PM
You will not be getting a "for sure" answer from this forum.

This pretty much sums it up.

As far as I can tell, the current status is "Possibly canceled, maybe, sort of, probably, but if you wait until the movie hype is over there is a good chance they will revisit these moulds"

That being said...

*pets his United Rumble & Frenzy*

Badgertron
04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Even if the last wave of scouts is cancelled for RTS, it's very likely we'll get the Rumble & Frenzy somewhere down the line, as Hasbro knows they're big with fans & will want some kind of return on investment.

The Ark
04-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I heard from a good source that much like a number of other United figures, the Frenzy & Rumble will be reissued.

UltraPrimal
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM
RtS Frenzy and Rumble have been cancelled. This means the US won't be getting him, and in turn, neither will we or the guys over in the UK/Europe.

Hence why all the United versions have been snatched up by panicking collectors.

Will we ever see them released over here? Probably. The mold exists. Hasbro knows people want them. And it's not like it's a figure like Animated Blackout, where it's kind of a gamble, since he'd more or less come out by himself with his own UPC, and possible just take up shelf space that could sell 2 or 3 figures the same size. Frenzy and Rumble are scouts. If Hasbro wanted, they could easily shoehorn them in with the DOTM scouts(commanders?). And if not that, in the next Classics/Generations/whatever line.

So I doubt we will never see them in North America. Just be patient. No need to spend $100 on them on eBay.

Pascal
04-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Not cancelled, just not ordered by retailers. At least that's how I read it.

GMfan
04-11-2011, 10:55 PM
RtS Frenzy and Rumble have been cancelled.

Now now...this is still a rumor...nothing confirmed...

Why people overreacting left right and center this week...first this scout news, now the 3rd party crack down...

Lets all take some deep breaths and stay calm friends...

Larkhainan
04-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Lets all take some deep breaths and stay calm friends...This. Also, it's a good mold they put good money into. It will be issued somewhere stateside, to do otherwise would be a waste of money and a good design.

Robimus
04-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Watch your local Winners closely.:p

Darth Cylon
04-12-2011, 01:27 AM
I dare day Hasbro will NOT cancel Frenzy/Rumble. We all know Hasbro is best at retool and redeco of the same design (Hello Movie Bee!). Now I've never had business dealing with Hasbro but I've been in retail, trade marketing and supply chain throughout my career. I can tell you the whole RTS line was poorly conceived and marketed in the first place. The biggest marketing vehicle for TF is either a TV series, movie, and now even video game (think WFC) that feature the toy designs. RTS has no such marketing support. It's being slotted in between the very popular Generation line and the upcoming DOTM movie toys at a very bad timing. Clearly Hasbro's focus is on DOTM, and any RTS out there is holding retail shelf space along with the remaining ROTF/HFTD stock (you know what they are, and I expect another wave of sales before DOTM arrives in store).

Takara did not have the same problem as Takara was quite limited in marketing their "Autobot Alliance" line, focusing mainly on movie Masterpiece, and so they have the time to properly market "United".

Hasbro being Hasbro, I think they are re-evaluating the marketing plan to perhaps re-launch remaining wave "United" toy under a different line after DOTM dies down, or mix it with the post movie line.

I hope.

jourdo
04-12-2011, 01:33 AM
Watch your local Winners closely.:p

Funny that I was thinking the same thing. They seem to get the tail end stuff.

With the DOTM moon toys due out in just over a month, I don't have high hopes of seeing these in the big retailers. I don't mind being wrong though.

TFtoys
04-12-2011, 02:24 AM
maybe Wingcharger, Rumble and frenzy will be repaint or retool into the DOTM line later. For some reasons, I trust the Hasbro a lot on their abilities to reuse of the same mode over and over again until people get tired of it.

General Tekno
04-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Just a reminder to people, if we DO get Rumble at retail... that'll mean a LOT more Windchargers out there. IIRC, him and the Breacher repaint are the other two wavemates.

And I imagine we'll see him SOMEWHERE, given he's ready to be released and Hasbro wants to keep Generations going.

The 12th Prime
04-12-2011, 05:46 AM
I find it funny, people are getting into a Frenzy over Rumble and Frenzy. Maybe they'll Rumble too! HA, I kill me! lol :)

Tekkamanraiden
04-12-2011, 07:54 AM
I find it funny, people are getting into a Frenzy over Rumble and Frenzy. Maybe they'll Rumble too! HA, I kill me! lol :)

I'd say their be quite a bit of rumbling so far...

Pascal
04-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Rossy will get them all comes December 2011.

Matrix_Holder
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
meh, I already have them so suck on that beyotches, lol. J/K
I really hope they come out, I want to get a MOC set and customize them into tapes.

Sun Swipe Prime
04-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Take this for what ever it's worth. I think I heard it from a youtube reviewer. The figures were produced but the stores aren't ordering them because they're concentrating on the DOTM stuff. SO... there are a bunch of figure sitting in a warehouse somewhere. SO... sooner or later they'll show up. Even if this isn't true. The mold exist. Why wouldn't they release the figure in the next Generations type line. The likelihood of this mold NOT showing up ever is about as likely as there never being another Bumblebee or Prime mold. My two cents anyway.

ChrisW
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Just a reminder to people, if we DO get Rumble at retail... that'll mean a LOT more Windchargers out there. IIRC, him and the Breacher repaint are the other two wavemates.

I think this is pure speculation at this point. We know that pics of Bodyblock, Downshift, and Rumble showed up together, so they are probably casemates. it makes sense for Windcharger and Chopsaw to both be included in the case assortment as well. To date, however, nothing has been confirmed.

Scouts ship 12 to a case. If we assume 2 each of the three new guys, plus at least 1 each of Windcharger and Chopsaw, there are still 4 scout figures unaccounted for in the wave. Making those 4 non-new figures probably won't entice retailers to bring them in. (Seriously - Backfire is a cool figure and is much better than Knockdown since he doesn't have the floppy waist, but there is no reason that Windcharger's wave should include 2 x Backfire.)

Pascal
04-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Maybe Rumble will join Animated Voyager Thundercracker and the Voyager Bulkhead redeco... and what about the unreleased Energon limbs redecoed for the movie line?

MrCHEESEMANn
04-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Maybe Igear will put them out :-)

Autovolt 127
04-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe Rumble will join Animated Voyager Thundercracker and the Voyager Bulkhead redeco... and what about the unreleased Energon limbs redecoed for the movie line?
Well those Energon Limbs were all bought up by fans a few years back.

I think Hasbro will re-release Rumble and frenzy in a DOTM 2 pack.

This is the first question they'll get asked a botcon.

Batman
04-13-2011, 07:54 AM
They will come out at some point I am sure. I think it is pretty silly that some folks are dropping $80 to $100 on the United versions. I am surprised they even sold out for the $50 retail price.

MechanovaKing
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Now now...this is still a rumor...nothing confirmed...

Why people overreacting left right and center this week...first this scout news, now the 3rd party crack down...

Lets all take some deep breaths and stay calm friends...

pfft....what ever man. this is the internet. I'm not only going to freak out. But also type alot of angry swearing and curses at hasbro in hopes they see my post and re-think this WHOOOOLE thing.

MechanovaKing
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM

Ok. i will.
address?

GMfan
04-13-2011, 07:48 PM
pfft....what ever man. this is the internet. I'm not only going to freak out. But also type alot of angry swearing and curses at hasbro in hopes they see my post and re-think this WHOOOOLE thing.

Ya....that's the level headed approach....

I mean...if THAT doesn't work...

Goaliebot
04-14-2011, 11:36 AM
If retailers won't order them, then there's little Hasbro can do about that. Hopefully they either:

1) Re-release them under the movie banner
and/or
2) Make the CHUG ones available online

I'd really like to get Frenzy/Rumble, Wheeljack, Scourge, Kup, and Warpath but I won't pay much over retail for any of them.

Pascal
04-14-2011, 11:54 AM
3) Save them for an even later release in what will become Classics 4.0. Or something else.

ARCTrooperAlpha
04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
I wonder if this is all a marketing gimmick...........get ppl into panick-buy mode......

Oreobuilder
04-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Two words: Perfect Effect.

That is all. :)

OB

Sureshot22
04-14-2011, 01:05 PM
/\/\ i agree. the perfect effect ones look a million times better then those ones. I do want them but the PE ones are a lot better IMO.

Prowl_2009
04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
^^ Agreed!

lars573
04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Two words: Perfect Effect.

That is all. :)

OB
More words: Those are horrid bags of suck that don't deserve anyones money.

jourdo
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM

Even more words: I think they are pretty nice figures and look good on my Classics shelves.

They are a good stand-in for official releases. Especially now if official releases are hard to come by.

MechanovaKing
04-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Harsh dude.
Those are the ones that turn into guns right? I don't really care for them turning into guns. When i first saw those i went 'man i wish someone would make pile-drivers that transformer rather than part-form'. So when i had a chance to get 'em i passed. But bags of sucks is a little much. The robots modes look good.

Ozrein
04-14-2011, 07:37 PM

Well, I wouldnt go that far. But I do much prefer the United/RTS Rumble & Frenzy.

But to each their own, if one or the other (or both) makes a person happy then all the power to that person.

The 12th Prime
04-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Ok. i will.
address?

I don't wanna get all Tyrese on you by shouting BRING IT, BRING IT so I can bring the rain! Lol! I was hoping you'd get the Alf reference originally though ;)