PDA

View Full Version : tf3, ru going to watch it?

laserbeak420
04-09-2011, 02:34 PM
After the travesty which was revenge of the fallen is anybody going to see the new movie?.........i cast my vote for NO! which is unusual for me since ive been a huge tf fan since '84. just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

shockwing
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I really dont care if it is well made or not, transformers are still transformers

Nemesis Predaking
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM
ROTF was bad, but I'm still going to watch TF3. It's going to be a "blockbuster" no matter what's on the screen.

Witterquick
04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Definitely yes, I just have to see how they handle Shockwave, and Leanord Nimoy voicing Sentinel Prime? Plus giant robots beating the crap out of each other? I can handle the poor acting and subpar plot for the above things.

razin
04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Of course I'm gonna see it. This one has to be better then ROTF, seeing as this was planned better.

Hobbyist Prime
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Absolutely Yes! Even if I knew it was going to be worse than ROTF I'm still going for 3D Imax.

sarmick01
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I really dont care if it is well made or not, transformers are still transformers

I agree with this.

bedtime
04-09-2011, 02:57 PM
exactly. its not a 2011 cgi version of the 86 movie, but its still a big deal fancy pants transformers movie, and at the end of the day thats pretty fucking cool

Matrix_Holder
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll see it at the drive inn with a good movie ....I'll never pay full price again for a Bayformer movie after doing so for that craptastic first flick. I would definitely never pay an extra 6 bucks to see it in 3D like they charge in Burlington/Oakville at the good theaters...$18 to see it in 3D, no thanks.

Vain
04-09-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm definetly going to see it. At the end of the day, you get to see Transformers beautifully rendered and doing what they do best, blow the hell out of each other.

You don't go in there thinking it will be the greatest script writting in there, you go in there like you would if you were seeing Suckerpunch.

Chicks with guns sound good well....Optimus Prime with a bigger gun sounds just as good!

And c'mon, they've got the bloody wreckers!

Mumps
04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Opening night, midnight showing, taking the next day off work.

Like I did with TF and ROTF :D

Except in 2007 I didn't have to take the day off cause I was unemployed, and this year I have enough time banked that I don't have to go without being paid ;)

Larkhainan
04-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Friends will want to see it

Mega-Prime 316
04-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Yep will see it! :D Then probably the pick it apart over a burger and fries afterward! :)

King Benny
04-09-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll watch it for the awesome action scenes we know it will have. But it won't change my mind to start collecting toys from the movie line.

laserbeak420
04-09-2011, 04:58 PM
well, youve all made some valid points. seeing giant robots blowing stuff in 3d sounds pretty cool, and the leonard nimoy factor is pretty big too. ok, after hearing all your comments i think i will probably see it. thx! tf 4evr!!

Buhawi
04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
yeah. probably in theatres too with the wife.

jacobot
04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
$9 for 3D 11am Saturday morning @ AMC... maybe again Sunday morn :)

bedtime
04-09-2011, 07:09 PM
can someone fill me in on when/how you can buy tickets for this? i know its a ways away yet, but i wanna be in on the first midnight screening!

Protoman
04-09-2011, 07:49 PM
After the travesty which was revenge of the fallen is anybody going to see the new movie?.........i cast my vote for NO! which is unusual for me since ive been a huge tf fan since '84. just curious to see what everyone else thinks.

Cause we all know if the last one is shit, everything that comes after by default will be shit. Right? Right? No.

I'll be in line come June 29th 2011, thank you very much.

gagagalvatron
04-09-2011, 08:04 PM
No way.

I still feel soiled from ROTF, and I sprung for the IMAX showing, too.

What I may do is wait until it's out on video, buy the cheapest copies of all three movies, and then splice out all the filler, humans, and bodily functions into one movie of nothing but transforming robots.

Until then, pass. I don't need to see another movie that occasionally has transforming robots in it but is otherwise dumber than Challenge of the GoBots

Tekkamanraiden
04-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Why wouldn't I.

Magnimus
04-09-2011, 08:57 PM
I'll watch it once, but if the reviews are at all like the ones following ROTF, I'll watch it on DVD.

I saw ROTF twice, and it was twice too many. I refuse to buy it on home video. I hope DOTM isn't as bad.

damian_1349
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
definately going to see it...excited for it actually

Paradigm-Shift Prime
04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes, but with VERY low expectations that I know will still somehow manage to fail to be met.

cannabisprime
04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
No, I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

wheeljaxx
04-09-2011, 10:05 PM
i'll watch it, but i won't stand in line at a theatre, or pay for a rental. if someone invites me to watch it and pay for me, i'll go. but other wise, i have no excitement or eagerness for this movie.

slippy
04-09-2011, 10:25 PM
yeah. probably in theatres too with the wife.

Same here. I've been saving my Scene points to see this in IMAX 3D for free!

herooftheday316
04-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Hell Yeah! I am going to be there as soon as I can. Although I will agree ROTF suffered from sequel syndrome (trying to fit so many things in a sequel that the story gets totally butchered) the first one was a lot of fun.

This may sound ridiculous but its 10$ or 5$ on cheapie night. For the love of god, if it sucks, big deal. At least you have something to talk about. I'm not saying 10$ is cheap, but go in trying to have a fun summer movie experience, not expecting something epic and thought provoking. There is place in everyone's life for a silly movie here and there

-Mike
________
Colorado medical marijuana dispensary (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Pascal
04-09-2011, 10:50 PM
To boycott a movie because it's not fucking G1 is retarded. You bet I'm going to see it.

down_shift
04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I'll see it for sure. I really like the movies, even if it's not what I would have liked to have seen.

Also, I hope Android Prime doesn't get into another fight with a Sloppopotamus. Actually last time was funny, do it again. :)

Darth Grimlock
04-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I'll be going to both IMAX and normal viewings right when it comes out....

Joalro
04-10-2011, 12:35 AM
I'll be seeing it for sure. Very much looking forwards to it. I really don't have high expectations, to be honest I didn't have high expectations for ROTF either. To be honest, i enjoyed ROTF more than most. I have so many movies that have fantastic plots, I don't need to watch TF for that.

Benzo
04-10-2011, 12:39 AM
not my most anticipated movie to watch this year but I will be seeing it for sure! honestly, what TF fan wouldn't go see this movie?

Badgertron
04-10-2011, 12:43 AM
TF3 will definately be better than the second film, if only due to the lack of a writer's strike. I see no reason why any TF fan would avoid seeing it, especially since the box office of these films helps us as collectors.

Robimus
04-10-2011, 01:27 AM
Didn't I just have a thread, with a poll, with an option for those that don't want to see this........:p

I believe the "NO" option in the poll got 2 votes:raisetheroof:

So yeah, I'll be watching, just not in 3D

brr-icy
04-10-2011, 01:31 AM
yup, why not? it'll be a good action flick with some explosions, transforming robots, and some more explosions

renegade_decepticon
04-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Hell i'll watch it 3 times and in 3D :D

Mumps
04-10-2011, 02:17 AM
I will watch it once in IMAX 3D, and then in 2D however many other times I see it. Which... should be about 3-6

In 2009 I stood in line for the IMAX for 8hrs for the midnight showing. I was NOT the first one there. I was the third (what?) I will do the same for DOTM dammit!

SleeplessKnight
04-10-2011, 05:56 AM
The best part in TF 3 will be when Sam wakes up and recalls his horrible dream of still being with Mikayla, racist robots, Prime dying and coming back to life, some evil overlord called the Fallen, going to the pyramids in Egypt, giant combiner robots with testicles, and none of it making any sense.

Please? PLEASE? Oh well, one can only hope.

Oh well, the fan in me will still go see it on opening night in IMAX. It won't have to try very hard to be better than the last one.

transforminator
04-10-2011, 08:38 AM
To boycott a movie because it's not fucking G1 is retarded. You bet I'm going to see it.

what he said :D

Akroyer
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I'll be there opening weekend. I'd prefer 2D but it will probably come here in 3D only.

fishtifer
04-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I'll see it for Shockwave, at least he is still purple and looks like Shockwave unlike what they did to Jetfire, Ratchet, Ironhide, Starscream...... I just might buy him too, he'd be my first movie toy! I'm a little frightened as to what the 3D version is going to do to my eyes, the last two were hard to watch during the action scenes!

The 12th Prime
04-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey peeps, try not to think of this as going to a movie and comparing it to other movies or G1. We judge too harshly based on that premise.

Try it this way instead: We all know TF's came from toys becoming a half hour show/toy commercial, so compare let's compare Transformers to other commercials and I'd say Transformers might be the most successful commercial campaign EVER! Now how do you feel about that?

We're mostly grown adults paying to see 3 hour commercials about our favourite toys and I'd say that's pretty damn freaking awesome that someone has decided to make a trilogy of hour and a half plus commercials for them!

You can take it to the bank that I'll be going.

Sideswipe
04-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm going. No 3d though, and not cause of the $.

Alexander Quinn
04-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Absolutely. ROTF may not make a lick of sense, but it still delivers a visual orgasm that leaves you tingly for hours. DOTM should be the same, but with a 3D visual orgasm. That should leave you tingly for days. :)

Paradigm-Shift Prime
04-10-2011, 02:18 PM
I think the live movie TF franchise deserves every lick of criticism, the first movie was pretty bad, full of annoying characters and about 3 minutes of cool TF cg, and the ROTF is pretty close to unquestionably the worst summer blockbuster EVER.

I don't see how a single positive redeeming factor can be argued by anyone with even a touch of critical approach to movies, maybe the forest fighting scene. In every conceivable movie element/critical category it fails to no end. It's 5.9 on IMDB is a gift (substantiated by in denial TF fans who give it a 10/10 just to rep the franchise). It deserves to be down there with the Paris Hilton and Britney Spears movies, especially considering the massive difference in the size of the budget and production team.

MaP_Prime
04-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I am looking forward to it. I like the first movie, even if it didn't have as much Tf screen time as I would have liked. I enjoyed RotF, and yes I will admit it's not a great movie, but I still enjoy it everytime I watch it, and I am likely going to enjoy DotM. To be honest, my big drive for the TF movies is that they give Hasbro more money to pump into Transformers and to keep them relevant. So yeah, even if they suck i am all for pumping as much into them as possible.

ConvoyGTR
04-11-2011, 01:47 AM
I'll probably go just to experience it on the big screen, but I have very low expectations about what is shown.

Goaliebot
04-11-2011, 11:46 AM

This x1000. And I'm 34, I lived and breathed G1 through the 1980s (and then G2 and onwards).

its not a 2011 cgi version of the 86 movie, but...

I gotta tell you, that... that sounds awful (a CGI remake of the '86 film).

--------------

I loved ROTF despite its plot problems and I'm super excited for DOTM.

----

Goaliebot
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't see how a single positive redeeming factor can be argued by anyone with even a touch of critical approach to movies

OK, you know what? Saying it like that crosses over from "my opinon is that I hated it" into "anyone who liked it is stupid and knows nothing of film" territory. :rolleyes:

It's 5.9 on IMDB is a gift (substantiated by in denial TF fans who give it a 10/10 just to rep the franchise).

OR.... maybe some of us liked it? NO! Impossible. We must be lying just to rep the franchise. Or, not lying... just mentally weak ("in denial").

Listen, hate the movies all you like. Different strokes and all that. Live and let live.

But could you please draw just short of insulting your fellow TF fans who do like them?

Team Jetfire
04-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Of course I will see it.

I really don't get the hate. Sure, we have established that ROTF wasn't great (Although, I feel that there was many redeeming factors that are often overshadowed by things like logic and reason...), but I find it a bit surprising that people are now hating on the 07 movie again. Talk about beating a dead horse.

I also don't understand how DOTM can already have detractors, even though we have only seen 1 preview and it looked AWESOME.

If it sucks, fine whatever, at least as a Transformers fan I can say that I tried to support the franchise that I love, by seeing something with an open mind. If It does great then all the better. At the end of the day, it is still 2 hours of my life that I will likely be happy to give up.

Grimlocks#1fan
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
oh... I'll be there, with a prime mask on the first time, then next with a BB mask, and i will see it many times more, I am sure. Even if it isn't great, I think of it like all these parents who have to sit through their kids bad plays/recitals..et al. I am there to support my lil buddies...

Hellboy
04-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Not on your life.

Bay doesn't deserve another penny for his talentless spectacle. I never thought much of Megan Foxx (brain-wise) until she got fired for speaking the truth about his film-making.

Garbage.

bedtime
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM
people that HATE on the bay movies are the kind of people that take everything WAY too seriously. these are just movies... they're not a reflection of who you are, so you CAN watch them and not feel dirty, i promise.

Hellboy
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
people that HATE on the bay movies are the kind of people that take everything WAY too seriously.

The only thing I take seriously is how I spend my hard-earned money. A movie is a product. If I spent money on a cheap product made by a poor manufacturer I'd return it and get my money back. I don't believe in rewarding somebody for making an inferior product just because it happens to have a Transformer sticker on it.

bedtime
04-11-2011, 01:10 PM
case closed.

Pascal
04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Movie 1 was a great introduction, Movie 2 was a bit all over the place but still had good robo-moments, so I can't see why Movie 3 wouldn't be at least partially enjoyable, which is way more than enough for me to be thrilled (kid at heart here).

down_shift
04-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Movie 1 was a great introduction, Movie 2 was a bit all over the place but still had good robo-moments, so I can't see why Movie 3 wouldn't be at least partially enjoyable, which is way more than enough for me to be thrilled (kid at heart here).

QFT

I'M pumped to see it. More and more every day in fact. Will it be perfect, probably not but that won't stop me from going out and enjoying it. This is coming from a guy who liked Sharktipus mind you so I think I can see the good in just about anything.

I'm interested to see what else the movie will have in store for us.

Goaliebot
04-11-2011, 02:34 PM
people that HATE on the bay movies are the kind of people that take everything WAY too seriously. these are just movies... they're not a reflection of who you are, so you CAN watch them and not feel dirty, i promise.

I'm fine with people hating the movieverse, but what I've never understood is why so many moveiverse haters (particulary over on TFW) spend tons of time in the movie subforums just posting hate after hate, for months - nay, YEARS on end.

I kind of agree with Hellboy's point that if you don't like something you don't spend money on it. And in a thread like this one where people are outright asked their views on the movie, then of course people can and will say they hate it - no prob.

But try wading into the movie subforum over on TFW - I won't go in there and haven't spent more than 5 minutes in there in years because they are total hater forums where fans of the movieverse are not able to converse in peace about the films, because the haters run rampant constantly.

If they hate the movieverse, why would they spend ANY time in there?

I don't much like the BeastWars series, but if there were a BeastWars subforum I would simply not wander in there, I would certainly not spend years in there spewing hate.

Sigh. I really wish there was somewhere to talk TF movieverse with fellow movieverse fans. I'm not talking about somewhere where contrary opinions were not allowed, but somewhere were MOST of the posters like the movieverse or at least most of the posts and the overall tone were positive.

Transbot90210
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
YES I will watch the movie and buy it on Bluray when the time comes.

NO I will not be supporting the Bayverse by buying any other the movie toys.