PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on classics skywarp pricing

obakemono
04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey I've got a classics skywarp that just came out of a MISB 2-pack, I don't collect the seeker mold at all and I know people out there are looking, my problem is I have no idea what a reasonable price is to ask for the thing, I've only seen it for sale with the magnus and that price is nuts.

Any ideas?

herooftheday316
04-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Most of the times when I see a posting for it alone, it see it for about 40$. Personally I think 30 is fair, but I will leave the actual decision up to you :)

-Mike
________
Group Sex Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/group-sex/)

shockwing
04-03-2011, 10:43 PM
I would like to buy it off of you

Vain
04-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Honestly, most prices for Magnus and Skywarp, solo or in two pack, are ridiculous.

You can definetly fetch a decent ammount of cash for it but I don't know how people have the heart to sell em for those prices.

As mentioned above, they'll go for 40$+. Is it fair...not really, will you be able to sell it, most likely. Then again, I don't access prices in the same way as others so eh.

It's really up to you though.

Go with Hero's opinion, 30$ is still to high in my opinion but it definetly seems fair compared to other pricings.

Supernova
04-03-2011, 10:51 PM
I know I paid about $25 for mine back in December 2009 from a Canadian seller. Like the one you are looking to sell, mine was also fresh out the two pack. But, pricing for him does seem to have crept up since then...

Dark Rage
04-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Honestly, most prices for Magnus and Skywarp, solo or in two pack, are ridiculous.

You can definetly fetch a decent ammount of cash for it but I don't know how people have the heart to sell em for those prices.

As mentioned above, they'll go for 40$+. Is it fair...not really, will you be able to sell it, most likely. Then again, I don't access prices in the same way as others so eh.

It's really up to you though.

Go with Hero's opinion, 30$ is still to high in my opinion but it definetly seems fair compared to other pricings.

One should not get emotions mixed with market prices. If someone can sell it at the price and there are people willing to pay for it, I don't see how having the heart to sell it at that price has anything to do with it.

Vain
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
One should not get emotions mixed with market prices. If someone can sell it at the price and there are people willing to pay for it, I don't see how having the heart to sell it at that price has anything to do with it.

No I know, I'm quite aware of that and mentioned that he most likely will be able to sell it. Also mentioned I personally don't access prices as most people do.

By all means he could sell it at those prices but if everyone seems to mention that it is indeed quite a high price...well y'know.

I just don't think a deluxe size figure is worth as much.

Either way, we're definetly not in a cheap hobby, that's for sure!

Dark Rage
04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure what do you mean by "personally don't access prices as most people do".

You want pricey deluxes?

Henkei Wildrider
Botcon Rodimus
Ravage X-9
Noisemaze Mass-Production Version

You may pickup your jaw afterwards.

obakemono
04-03-2011, 11:32 PM
I appreciate everyones input, I payed a mint for the 2-pack but really I just wanted the ultra magnus, so I don't have an emotional attachment to the skywarp, and I don't want over charge someone, I know how expensive this hobby can be and how infuriating searching for an elusive TF can be (damn you reasonably priced united jazz). In a perfect world I'd just trade it for somthing I need and every one wins. thanks to every one who is throwing in their two cents, I think I'm getting a better idea of what it's value is.

Vain
04-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Yes, I know there's much pricier figures out there such as those you stated. I'm not oblivious to the extremely sought after toys.

I just don't think anything that a deluxe should surpass a certain price range, voyagers shouldn't surpass a certain price,etc. ( G1 and timely figures excluded)

I personally can't justify putting 100's of dollars into something that technically could of been sold at retail stores for significantly cheaper. There's nothing significantly different in the building process of the figure. There isn't better quality mats used to build it, etc. I don't own any of those pricey figures and though I really would like to,I would never be able to justify those prices or even afford those prices.

However, I know people who can and are willing to pay that sum of money to add those rarities to their collection.

It's just a personal opinion, I'm sorry if it offended you, didn't mean for it to turn into this kind of disscusion.

Dark Rage
04-03-2011, 11:48 PM
No offense taken. Each collector has their own price range.
It's just that some collectors (or rather, newer collectors) need to do more research when interested in the older toys. Just because it's selling for a few hundred on ebay doesn't mean it's sold at half price or less on a message board. There's just no logic in that.

The 12th Prime
04-05-2011, 06:09 AM
I appreciate everyones input, I payed a mint for the 2-pack but really I just wanted the ultra magnus, so I don't have an emotional attachment to the skywarp, and I don't want over charge someone, I know how expensive this hobby can be and how infuriating searching for an elusive TF can be (damn you reasonably priced united jazz). In a perfect world I'd just trade it for somthing I need and every one wins. thanks to every one who is throwing in their two cents, I think I'm getting a better idea of what it's value is.

I'd say get decent market value for your figure don't sell yourself out from what you paid for the two pack or you make the Ultra Magnus that much more expensive, our hobby is an emotional as it is financial investment and emotion is what drives the prices up or down. I think you can flip that Skywarp for a United Jazz and it would be a fair trade :) Now to find someone who wants a Skywarp who has a United Jazz to trade, now that's the trick.

Scrapper6
04-05-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure what do you mean by "personally don't access prices as most people do".

Perhaps Vain meant to ues the word assess??? The sentence makes more sense in that context.

Personally I say sell it for whatever you can get it for reasonably... If someone is willing to pay 40$ then sell it at that price. During TRUs sale I pickup up a second commemorative series Sideswipe and sold it on e-bay due to his in demand nature and got a fair chunk of change for it. I wasn't emotionally scarred or anything.

Of course I don't regularily do this sort of thing, I was only interested in getting more spending money for more TFs. :D

But that doesn't mean I wouldn't help out a fellow collector if I had the opportunity. It all depends on what you want to do in the end run. Each of us will have different opinions.

I personally couldn't part with a seeker like that, mostly because I really dig the characters/molds. But that's just me.

Vain
04-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Perhaps Vain meant to ues the word assess??? The sentence makes more sense in that context.

Oh geez, how did I not catch on to that typo. Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks for clearing that up!

Dagger
04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Just start the bid at $15 and whatever it end up at, sell it for that. Whoever buys it at whatever the price is decided they are willing to pay it. You wouldn't be ripping anyone off.. the market would be setting the price.

Transbot90210
04-05-2011, 11:55 AM
On ebay complete Skywarp auctions range from $50-$70 for a complete Classics Skywarp.

FreedomGundam
04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
You want pricey deluxes?

Henkei Wildrider
Botcon Rodimus
Ravage X-9
Noisemaze Mass-Production Version

You may pickup your jaw afterwards.
Spliced together from my (old) collection pics :rolleyes:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/tidalwav/Miscellaneous/deluxes.jpg
The thing is, I paid nowhere near what the current going rate is for them... Don't have Mass-Production Noisemaze, though.

Back on topic, I was pretty stupid with Classics Skywarp.
When the Magnus-Skywarp pack was released, I got a fellow member in the US of the TFans forums to help me out to grab it. He grabbed 3 sets: one for him, one for me, and we'd split the 3rd set (he only needed a Magnus). So I had a spare loose-complete Skywarp for a while. I somehow ended up selling him off a few years ago to someone in the US for like... $20 shipped. :doh:
No one else seemed to want him at the time, but at least I recouped my cost for him (fortunately, the bank lady was nice and didn't charge me the $5 handling fee for depositing a money order in US funds into my CAD account, seeing that the money order was only for $20...)