PDA

View Full Version : Differences in Scourge and TM Scourge

razin
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I was wondering aside from the hands is there anything different about the 2 Scourges? I was able to fit Firebolt into 1st issue Scourge's head so that seems ok, but the hand obviously does not accommodate a TM. Would a simple hand swap essentially allow a 1st issue Scourge become a TM Scourge?

I'm looking at grabbing a junker TM Scourge w/ Fracas and just wanted to know if it would work. Looking at my Scourge it looks like just a simple screw holds his hand in place.

justprime
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
The hole for the target masters head/hands are slightly larger than the one in movie scourge (target master being a tv version from rebirth episoids) and the target master(fracus) will not fit holes on hand or head,.. I bought both when they were new release so I would ask if yours has not been modified or had a foced fit by target master as I believe the target master pegs are all the same size unless its a Ko.

razin
04-01-2011, 05:43 PM
The hole for the target masters head/hands are slightly larger than the one in movie scourge (target master being a tv version from rebirth episoids) and the target master(fracus) will not fit holes on hand or head,.. I bought both when they were new release so I would ask if yours has not been modified or had a foced fit by target master as I believe the target master pegs are all the same size unless its a Ko.

Mine is a KO, so the TM fits in the head, but the hands are the standard size. Which is odd as the KO guys usually use one original mold to reverse engineer them. So seeing as his head is already the right size its only the hand I need to swap. So if this the only difference in the two then its a simple hand swap to make him a TM, saving me a tonne.
Does the TM version have a screw between the hand and elbow as well? As that seems to be the only thing holding the hand in place on the non TM version

So there's nothing else different between the two? Nothing I'm missing here?

UltraMarknus
04-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I was wondering aside from the hands is there anything different about the 2 Scourges? I was able to fit Firebolt into 1st issue Scourge's head so that seems ok, but the hand obviously does not accommodate a TM. Would a simple hand swap essentially allow a 1st issue Scourge become a TM Scourge?

I'm looking at grabbing a junker TM Scourge w/ Fracas and just wanted to know if it would work. Looking at my Scourge it looks like just a simple screw holds his hand in place.

The swap should work but the head hole on TM Scourge is larger than the first release....so the head rocket from a first release will be pretty loose. Not a big deal.

EDIT: Oh ya, first release had 2 versions...1 where the top had a part molded in darker blue and one where it is a sticker. TM were all stickers.

razin
04-01-2011, 05:55 PM
The swap should work but the head hole on TM Scourge is larger than the first release....so the head rocket from a first release will be pretty loose. Not a big deal.

EDIT: Oh ya, first release had 2 versions...1 where the top had a part molded in darker blue and one where it is a sticker. TM were all stickers.

Head rocket won't be an issue, as my current KO's rocket fits tightly as does my hot rods TM, so the head is good to go. I'm only concerned about the hands now. Sounds like its straight forward. Which is nice as the going prices for a mint complete TM Scourge are a bit much for me.

justprime
04-01-2011, 06:55 PM
the hands between movie and TM are the same,... as for Ko I have found that although ko's seem to be from the same mold(g1 prime) they are a slight amount larger the Ko g1 primes parts will not swapp out ( try swapping a shoulder panel ) also the Dia atlas has larger parts will not interchange this I found out first hand against my originals.

Bruticus82
04-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I see what you're trying to do. Good luck.

If you want a targetmaster Kup, get the japanese. "Book style" reissue, as Kup comes with both his TM and his gun, and they both fit his hands. (I think they bulked up his gun handle to get this to work.)

razin
04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
If you want a targetmaster Kup, get the japanese. "Book style" reissue, as Kup comes with both his TM and his gun, and they both fit his hands. (I think they bulked up his gun handle to get this to work.)

Got em! IIRC Kups hands changes widths as it gets deeper to accommodate both guns. The TM and gun are their original sizes.

Badgertron
04-01-2011, 09:03 PM
One is a bar of soap, and one is a bar of soap...with a handle.