PDA

View Full Version : IS IT TOO SOON?

Transbot90210
03-08-2011, 02:48 PM
With the release of RTS wave 2 hitting shelves in full force, is it too soon to panick over Jazz and Tracks?(wave 1)

I have read about sightings here and that but have yet to see a full saturation on these guys.

Will these guys be coming out if full force or did they get skipped due to the christmas bs?

Thanx
Transbot90210

Nemesis Predaking
03-08-2011, 03:18 PM
If your that worried about it, order from an online retailer.
I don't even bother hunting in local stores anymore.
My buddies in the US Hook me up.

Team Jetfire
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
If we know one thing about Hasbro, its that they love to re-re-release figures over time. I'm sure that they will show up eventually.

Larkhainan
03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Do you actually read the sightings forum? There's tons of sightings for both of them over the last week.

Also the suggestion of developing American contacts willing to ship them up is valid. TRU had deluxes on for $8 in the US last week. Even with shipping, that's a good deal.

razin
03-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I agree with obtaining US contacts. Plenty of good guys on TFW2005 that can hook you up. I got Jazz/Tracks/BB/Wreckgar all for $12ea + $12shipping. To my door w/o hunting for technically less then us CDN's pay. ($15.9x ea).

Transbot90210
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Do you actually read the sightings forum? There's tons of sightings for both of them over the last week.

Also the suggestion of developing American contacts willing to ship them up is valid. TRU had deluxes on for $8 in the US last week. Even with shipping, that's a good deal.

Yes Lark, I do read the sighting thread and in the last week there was 1 sighting at a zellers not anywhere near my area. So thank you.

But I will really thank you for the US hook up advice. But I am still a hunter, it is where I get a lot of my joy from in collecting.

Masta_Skidz
03-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Look Jazz and Tracks for some reason seemed to have been shipped later than Wave 2. You are panicing way to early as a few weeks ago everyone was freakin out about getting Generations CJ and Blurr and now they are all over the place just wait my friend they will appear in your area. I have grabbed all the recent RTS from my local Wal-mart

Larkhainan
03-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes Lark, I do read the sighting thread and in the last week there was 1 sighting at a zellers not anywhere near my area. So thank you..I count three sightings going back one page and one sighting of their wave mates, which often implies the cases are in the local distro.

Anyway if you do find an american friend willing to ship this thread is your friend http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/345546-official-new-sales-deals-coupons-thread.html

There might be a seibertron equiv but I haven't seen it

As an aside 1 jazz 1 tracks in the revision case of RTS, so we should see a couple more even if the recent sightings are all the wave 1 cases in the area (highly unlikely)

Tekkamanraiden
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Seeing how they haven't exactly been releasing each wave in order I don't think it's time to panic just yet.

TFtoys
03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
The distrubutor is smart now to allocate different in different mass retailers. Walmart and Zellers seem to get their speed on the new items. Maybe RTS wave1 will mostly show up at TRU?
----
it is rare that all the retailers will skip wave1 for any line of transformers.

nervousviper
03-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Patience is a Virtue my friend maybe in the next week or so we will see Jazz and Tracks warming up on the pegs in our local stores like any other TF that's been hard to find (with the exception of Animated Arcee). I don't have Turbo Tracks yet but luckilly I found Jazz so let just wait for a bit more. :)

Autovolt 127
03-08-2011, 06:39 PM
It's funyn wave 2as released the day before i went to the states and bought RTS Jazz and Tracks.

Patience buddy. :innocent:

Bruticus82
03-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Two words for you: Universe Inferno.

Nearly everyone though his "wave" was not coming to Canada as it had been long since his release and he had not been spotted anywhere.

Then miraculously he appeared at Wal-mart before Christmas in rather large quantities.

So yes, it is too soon to start worrying.

Echotransformer
03-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't know...when it comes to this kind of thing, I say "to each his own". If Transbot 90210 is nervous, he's nervous...I don't blame him for it. Everybody is different when it comes to this kind of thing...

I've been collecting since Armada, and some waves just never show up. It's rare...and there have been many times I thought "crap, that's never going to come to my local stores" and purchased at greater(ish) expense thru Ebay, only to have it show up and warm the pegs.

BUT

I've also nabbed some stuff that never showed up at my local stores, and thanked myself for paying a few extra dollars per figure and having less frustration waiting, checking boards all the time, driving around, etc. etc. If I paid myself by the hour, I actually SAVE money by getting back my valuable time to do other things....

Jazz and Tracks are amazing, important releases. I personally think they are worth a little extra worry, compared to say, some miscellaneous movie repaint. I do think we will get a reasonable number of them, but I also do NOT see them sitting on pegs for months up like Recon Ravage or (shudder) tuner Mudflap.

In addition to friendly US supporters, also consider our sponsors (Automaton) and/or pre-ordering from online retailers.

Good luck...I want Jazz/Tracks as much as you do, Transbot.

--Echo

Transbot90210
03-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I count three sightings going back one page and one sighting of their wave mates, which often implies the cases are in the local distro.

Anyway if you do find an american friend willing to ship this thread is your friend http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/345546-official-new-sales-deals-coupons-thread.html

There might be a seibertron equiv but I haven't seen it

As an aside 1 jazz 1 tracks in the revision case of RTS, so we should see a couple more even if the recent sightings are all the wave 1 cases in the area (highly unlikely)

For this info I thank you . From time to time figures come and go so quickly and with all the changes going on from HFTD to Generation to RTS I was just worried these two figures would suffer the same fate as , say, energon energon cliffjumper(beachcomber).

The best news is that they will be available in later shipments in revision case.

I only paniced, in the smallest sense of the word, because these are two figures I am really anticipating.

Thank you all for your insights.

jourdo
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
It is never too soon to panic. Unfortunately it will not get you anywhere though. I'm fine with waiting it out for these as they will eventually show up. If you absolutely cannot wait go the online route.

Transbot90210
03-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Waiting is not an issue. I've been collecting full time since Beast Wars and I know the game very well.

As I stated I was just wondering if these two would suffer and end of the line fate that many toys do. Poor to no distribution.

With that said, you have all shown me that if I miss the actual wave release there is still the revision release so I can stop panicking now.

I just hate paying secondary prices from something that can be bought at retail.

Autovolt 127
03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hell i panicked with the Blurr/Dirge wave.

Then by miracle, i got them both for christmas. :bow:Thanks Mom and Comic booke Shoppe.

I'm concerned about Windcharger as everyone seems to have him or seen him except for moi.

Masta_Skidz
03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
It is ok man I HAD to have Generations Blurr and I got him from a board member and didn't regret it. Like I said I was lucky and surprised to find Jazz and Tracks at the same time as my Wal-Mart was stuck on early waves on HFTD and Generation lines. Now with that said if I wasn't that lucky and I was still looking for them at this time personaly I would look into another way to get them. They are AWESOME

Cpl. Chrissandwich
03-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Two words for you: Universe Inferno.

Nearly everyone though his "wave" was not coming to Canada as it had been long since his release and he had not been spotted anywhere.

Then miraculously he appeared at Wal-mart before Christmas in rather large quantities.

So yes, it is too soon to start worrying.

Really? To this day Ive never seen Inferno in stores lol. Got mine of Ebay, then again...I thought he came and went when I started about 2 years ago.

Bruticus82
03-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Really? To this day Ive never seen Inferno in stores lol. Got mine of Ebay, then again...I thought he came and went when I started about 2 years ago.

Too bad, I have one I could have sold you!

Buhawi
03-08-2011, 09:05 PM

they were sold at walmarts across canada at 10$ a pop. i bought 3.

pandaprime
03-08-2011, 10:24 PM

not across canada :argh: :mad: BC got squat

chans formers
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
^same with calgary.
during the time though,we did have a crap load of universe blades and dropshot.no inferno.

Stapler
03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I don't blame anyone for being nervous. I still haven't even seen wave 2 of RTS (and it's accompanying Generations wave) or wave 1. I'm sure it's just a matter of my Zellers being determined not to put new stuff out.

Supernova
03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Agreed, I'm one of the nervous ones here (and I hate the idea about being nervous over toys). The distribution of figures has been terrible here compared to the last go-around. I've definitely got to get into alternate means of finding figures...yet there's part of me that knows that as soon as I do, there's going to be some crazy sale where there's a whole wall of everything I wanted for $10 each...I love this hobby! :rofl:

brr-icy
03-09-2011, 03:11 AM
Agreed, I'm one of the nervous ones here (and I hate the idea about being nervous over toys). The distribution of figures has been terrible here compared to the last go-around. I've definitely got to get into alternate means of finding figures...yet there's part of me that knows that as soon as I do, there's going to be some crazy sale where there's a whole wall of everything I wanted for $10 each...I love this hobby! :rofl:

i got nervous too, but fixed that quickly with a little help from a friend or five on the boards

down_shift
03-09-2011, 07:49 AM
way too soon. We'll all get to a point where there are a dozen on the pegs and we'll stare at them for like 5 minutes thinking "why in the blue hell are these still here? They're such good figures... this just doesn't make any sense"

They will hang around for a week or so, then eventually dry out unlike Sideways/ravage/mudflap/skids/elita-1/armada laserbeak.

herooftheday316
03-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I have an idea, come to Missassauga in July to meet some transformers friends and I am sure you will find some.
In all seriousness, even if you have some issues at retail, I am sure you will find them (or their United counterparts) at TFCon. I am going for my first time since I am in Quebec, but I am sure you can find it there.

So, you only need to panic if patience is not your thing :)

-Mike
________
Sandra18 (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/Sandra18/)

Transbot90210
03-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I have an idea, come to Missassauga in July to meet some transformers friends and I am sure you will find some.
In all seriousness, even if you have some issues at retail, I am sure you will find them (or their United counterparts) at TFCon. I am going for my first time since I am in Quebec, but I am sure you can find it there.

So, you only need to panic if patience is not your thing :)

-Mike

After reading the "WHo is the Alpha Trion" Thread and realizing most of us range from mid 20s to mid 30s I am seriously considering coming to my very first parts party. I only have one friend I get to TF with so making a few more would be a cool thing. I'm sure like me many fans have more to talk about than just TFs so I look forward to meeting many of you in person.

TheLogicalProwl
03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
The other alternative is to go to the Burlington show in a month's time - I am so sure that Tracks and Jazz will be there. I remember last year I saw all those Classics figures that I basically did stupid things to get. I am so sure that they would be there.

Robimus
03-09-2011, 08:41 PM

All I saw was walls of Darkmount...........

brr-icy
03-10-2011, 12:59 AM
instead of inferno?

Nemesis Predaking
03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
All I saw was walls of Darkmount...........

Not this Xmas past, the one before.

Transbot90210
03-15-2011, 01:30 PM
JUst to conclude this thread. I found my Jazz and Tracks at Walmart. Last one and some guy was looking at the Tracks...he handed it right over to me lol...I guess I'm an easy collector to spot ( oy vay)

Anyway from what I am seeing, these guys are starting to hit full saturation in the GTA....I've seen the other two left over figures in this case at various Walmarts. Still no TRU sightings for me.

All I need now is Grapple and I am up to date.

Thanx
Transbot90210