PDA

View Full Version : TF Prime (not) on iTunes

Camaroman2
02-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I recently got an email form Apple. It was basically a product newsletter, which showcased new things on iTunes. I was rather excited when I saw that they were featuring TF Prime. Sadly, it's only available for those living in the U.S. of A.!:mad::argh:

Who else is mad about this?

Team Jetfire
02-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Not me. It is on tv everyweek.

Evan
02-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I realize that there is expense and logistics involved, but I think when companies send out their spam, they should be looking at the who they are sending it to, and if they are not doing that, then make it clear in the first place that said item is only available in certain areas. They just wasted your time.

As far as TF Prime, it may mean that some other company has online distribution rights, or Apple only paid for US distribution. Just guessing.

shockwing
02-16-2011, 10:23 PM
well soon it will come over when they release more than five episodes

Camaroman2
02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Not me. It is on tv everyweek.

Yes, but what if you want to own?

Evan
02-16-2011, 10:29 PM
well soon it will come over when they release more than five episodes
That's a good point too. Teletoon has only aired the first five shows. Maybe later on, they will be available via iTunes.

Yes, but what if you want to own?
I suspect there will be a DVD release sooner or later. Just like Animated Season 3...oh wait.

Team Jetfire
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Then you get a VCR :p

It will be out eventually.

Camaroman2
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm just a bit impatient.

Still, (as Evan mentioned) the fact that they couldn't figure out that I was in Canada using my ID is unacceptable.

razin
02-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I download the HD version a few hours after its aired in the US, certainly don't need Apple for that. Welcome to the interwebz, whatever you want is there.

Batman
02-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Until the DVDs come out, you can download them here.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-prime-discussion/365036-transformers-prime-encodes-videos.html

DP is a cool dude and does it every week for folks.

Camaroman2
02-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks Batman! Nice to find a good download.

Benzo
02-19-2011, 01:09 PM
if you have an American iTunes account you can buy the episodes. the first episode is free too. I'm downloading it now as I type this :)

jourdo
02-19-2011, 02:27 PM
It is too bad that there is something holding it back from being distributed here. Same reason I am really disappointed with Netflix.ca. The US-American version is awesome, but Canadia kinda sucks.

Off to illegally download some episodes now...

Mumps
02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Personally, I don't consider getting something off iTunes as "owning" it's more like "buying the rights to watch/listen" Especially since everything on there is such poor quality. I have two songs I bought, and they were 192kbps! Can't deal with that kind of quality for my music..

I saw a rumor that TF: Prime will be getting a Blu-ray release. I sure hope so. I look forward to buying this show! I download all of my TV to watch, but the shows I really like, I will buy physical copies, preferably on Blu-ray if possible :p