PDA

View Full Version : Are there any popular molds you just hate?

bedtime
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
i've come to terms with the fact that i HATE the universe prowl/bluestreak/etc mold... i've got it thrice over and all of them bother me. the feet suck, and the heads need a ball joint so they're not constantly looking down! so annoying.

Nemesis Predaking
01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
i've come to terms with the fact that i HATE the universe prowl/bluestreak/etc mold... i've got it thrice over and all of them bother me. the feet suck, and the heads need a ball joint so they're not constantly looking down! so annoying.

I got to agree with you here. I also don't like Darkmount, just a mess of a figure with too much "movie" styling for my taste.

Team Jetfire
01-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Classics Mirage. Just never did it for me. I think it is his floppy chest.

zerocustom
01-29-2011, 01:58 PM
WFC Bumblebee/Cliffjumper I can transform them fine but it does take some fiddling, I just think it could be better than it is.

Badgertron
01-29-2011, 02:03 PM
Looking back, I'd say most of the Armada figures. They were a significant step back after the Beast Era, & many of the minicon gimmicks were too clunkily utilized.

Hobbyist Prime
01-29-2011, 02:16 PM
^^ This! I like the minicons themselves but the actual figures are horrible!

skrilla 88
01-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I absolutely abhore the Classics Sidewipe mold and all its many repaints/ remold. His legs are hollow and his wide body with skinny arms just turn me off.

Alexander Quinn
01-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Classic Seeker mould. Never liked the arm / cannon articulation or the overall clunky feel of it. They need to retire this mould already and produce a better version of it for the Voyager size class.

Autovolt 127
01-29-2011, 03:27 PM
ROTF Optimus Prime,

I don't hate it but it's waaaay overrated.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Looking back, I'd say most of the Armada figures. They were a significant step back after the Beast Era, & many of the minicon gimmicks were too clunkily utilized.
Since when are the Armada moulds popular?

As for me, there are a few:

First off, Classics Jetfire for having the same transformation scheme as the Machine Wars flip-changers a decade later and at a Voyager price point. When you can't think of anything to do with the robot's arms than have them hang hang uselessly on the vehicle's sides you've seriously failed at transforming toy design. This guy is the one Classics figure that's inferior in pretty much every way to his G1 counterpart.

I wouldn't say I hate the Classics Seeker mould (for all its faults, it did a good job of translating a cartoon model designed without regard to the laws of physics to plastic form) but it's extremely overused and just needs to be put to bed already. Hopefully Generations Thundercracker will be its last appearance.

I also really hate the Universe Prowl mould, largely for the fact that it has an extremely awkward transformation scheme that's pretty much impossible without popping the doors off from their ball joints. The same goes for Generations Darkmount for the parts of his tank treads that hang on his back.

Alexander Quinn
01-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Not one mould, per say, but I hate it when Hasbro paints clear plastic pieces. It's a nightmare waiting to happen. The paint on parts of UC2.0 Silverstreak and Ironhide both completely rubbed off on me. Gah. Also, the mish-matching of clear windows and painted plastic is terrible on some figures, like UC2.0 Hotshot.

Dustinticon
01-29-2011, 05:24 PM
I finally got the universe Cyclonus about a month ago. It looked really great, and i love Cyclonus, but the figure just isn't as nice as some people had said. The main thing i hate is the articulation. I want to hate it but its still one of my favorite figures just because its Cyclonus. :P

Nullray
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
I always hated the Transmetal molds. That shinny chrome paint was horrid.

Dagger
01-29-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't have a mold that I really hate. Galvatron would be my pick.. but I doubt he falls under the qualifier of "popular molds."

GMfan
01-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Hate is such a strong word...

Though I really dislike Masterpiece Grimlock more now considering how amazing and flawless people think he is despite how underwhelming he actually is overall.

J-Ko
01-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Universe/Classics Prowl.
Agreeing with everyone saying the transformation scheme is awkward. The doors needed to just swing open just like RTS Jazz instead of that ball joint(which has recently been re-tightened -_-').

His head is also waaaaaay too high off his shoulders and it just looks very unproportioned. His feet need some ball articulation as well. When I first got him into robot mode that was my first complaint 'cause it was difficult to stand him with his double-jointed knees.

onecoin
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
All of them.... except Benzo.

Camaroman2
01-29-2011, 10:46 PM
This is quite similar to my old opposite opinion thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=25493&highlight=opposite+opinions.

For me, it used to be Drift, but I love him now. Otherwise, I don't know.

Larkhainan
01-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Classic Seeker mould. Never liked the arm / cannon articulation or the overall clunky feel of it. They need to retire this mould already and produce a better version of it for the Voyager size class.This. They can do better. I know they can.

Although to be honest "hate" is way too strong a term. I have one, it's alright just not good enough to buy any more.

Alexander Quinn
01-29-2011, 11:04 PM
This. They can do better. I know they can.

Although to be honest "hate" is way too strong a term. I have one, it's alright just not good enough to buy any more.

Agreed. Hate is...extreme. I have Acid Storm, just because I think you've got to be a hella ballsy jet to be flying around the bright blue sky painted in forrest camo. That or real dumb. :)

damian_1349
01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
id have to say classics ironhide...love the toy but it really pisses me off sometimes...i just keep feeling it could've been much better. The cracked look of alt mode and the odd waist piece that kinda just hang held in place mostly by gravity.....none i hate as such....i gotta agree on the prowl mold, but him and galvatron are the first 2 tfs i got when i started collecting, so the both hold some sentiment...despite all the flaws

sacha88
01-29-2011, 11:38 PM
I really dislike the Movie voyager Ironhide mold, even the updated Recon version. It just flops around everywhere, its not poseable, and just can't seem to stand up properly.

Matrix_Holder
01-29-2011, 11:42 PM
It's not just one mold that I hate...it's all of the onscreen movie figures. I just don't like the design of them. I prefer a more G1 look to my figures and those scream "TERMINATOR" at me. I really, really hate the movie Bumble bee.

Pascal
01-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Vector Prime. Love the characters, hate the toy.

Tekkamanraiden
01-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't hate any molds per say, I'm just not particularly fond of some. Universe deluxe Megatron and deluxe Optimus Prime molds are both lacking and their poorly executed gimmicks don't make them any better.

I can't quite understand the complain about the overuse of the seeker molds. They did use that mold quite a bit but there were 6 (10 if you count the rainmakers and Sunstorm) characters that were all basically the same with different colours/slight mold changes.

jjwankenobi
01-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Classics Devastator.

Every serious CHUG collector either owns one or wants to own one, myself included. And yet I know I'll hate it.

How, you ask?

Because I hate my Energon Constructicon Maximus. This is not a fun toy to transform and he's kinda fugly. I kid myself that the all green Classics version would be better but I'm probably wrong.

Which reminds me...anyone want to trade :p?

Autobot_Orion
01-30-2011, 01:48 AM
deluxe Skids and deluxe Mudflap were just horrendous transformations.

shockwing
01-30-2011, 01:53 AM
conehead seekers, unless it is blue seeker like dirge

jackwacko
01-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Generations Darkmount and WFC Bumblebee, Darkmount's such a mess, and I still haven't been able to transform BB properly.

bedtime
01-30-2011, 11:30 AM
i am also going to add universe galvatron to my list.

Vain
01-30-2011, 01:57 PM
So odd, I love most of the molds ya'll mentioned.

A mold I really dislike would be...movie Blazemaster...seriously did you guys forget him?

Most popular molds merrit it, in my opinion.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
01-30-2011, 02:15 PM
So odd, I love most of the molds ya'll mentioned.A lot of people do, hence the title being "Are there any popular molds you just hate."A mold I really dislike would be...movie Blazemaster...seriously did you guys forget him?Since when was he popular?

brr-icy
01-30-2011, 02:31 PM
^him or galvatron?

GMfan
01-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Both...

I thought the point of this thread is to pick which molds you don't like that most do....I'm fairly certain most dislike both those molds.

onecoin
01-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Both...

I thought the point of this thread is to pick which molds you don't like that most do....I'm fairly certain most dislike both those molds.

I guess we didn't get the poll results for that.

Vain
01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Well you're right, Blazemaster ain't "popular" per say, but I've seen alot of ya'll own it so,not sure if that counts?

Mind you, you're all trying to sell him also so lol.