PDA

View Full Version : one....and only one

chans formers
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
here's a question,
say your house is on fire or there's a disaster,yet you only have time/room to save just one tf.
who would it be?(not including the common sense of women and children first:p)

myself,would be a toss up between g1 fortmax or mp-04.

the reason for fortmax is because if anything,once everythings all clear and safe,i'd still have a giant chunk of plastic that's worth almost a grand in case of emergency.

prime....well i just like him:D,but fort max would be out first;)

Mumps
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Definately my original G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime.

It was my first TF, and one of the only TF's to actually survive my childhood.

Deemar
01-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I'd make a grab for Predaking and Shockwave. Unfortunately Trypticon and Scorponok would perish.

Thought to be honest I'd probably leave all my Transformers and take the 10 boxes of weapons instead. Getting the figures again would be easy.

Nemesis Predaking
01-24-2011, 02:49 PM
My choice would be similar to Otis's idea.
I'd save my BW:Animated Megatron (signed by DJW & David Kaye) . I could hock that sucker on Ebay & use the much needed cash.

I'd make a grab for Predaking and Shockwave. Unfortunately Trypticon and Scorponok would perish.

Thought to be honest I'd probably leave all my Transformers and take the 10 boxes of weapons instead. Getting the figures again would be easy.

Kinda goes against the idea of "saving just one"

Sideswipe
01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
A small one, so the missus doesn't get angry / see it.

It was on the way to our child anyways.....

Nullray
01-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Well you always go crazy and make the room with fire proof cabinets.
A transformers panic room. lol

But in all seriousness. It would be both G1 Shockwave and Megatron in gun modes. You say only one??? But I have two hands...

Deemar
01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
My choice would be similar to Otis's idea.
I'd save my BW:Animated Megatron (signed by DJW & David Kaye) . I could hock that sucker on Ebay & use the much needed cash.

Kinda goes against the idea of "saving just one"

Predaking. Is that 1 or 5?

TMIIWonkoNemises
01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
My Telemocha 10th Anniversary Beast Wars Dinobot.It was my first ever Transformers toy and this being my favourite character along with it being signed by one of my favourite Voice Actors of all time,it's something I can't part with.

CBII
01-24-2011, 04:21 PM
None...I have nothing in my current collection that I can't re-buy MISB with the insurence money.:D A fire would only purge my collection of things I don't really want or need and make it better all at the same time.

I'd grab either the laptop or the our external hard drive....Pictures are worth more to us then any other possession.

Ok if I had a few seconds and the wife wasn't looking...MP Prime or MP Grimlock which ever is closest to the door.

Mighty_Galvatron
01-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I would probably perish in flames trying to decide!

racerguy76
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
^^This.

A good captain goes down with his ship.

FreedomGundam
01-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I'd probably go at them in this order:

1) Chogokin GD-99 Aquarion Gold version
2) Chogokin GD-99 Aquarion
3) Max Gokin Godannar Twin Drive Mode
4) MISB Lucky Draw Gold Claw Black Lio Convoy
5) Nucleon Quest SuperConvoy
6) MP Prime
7) Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite GN-0000 O-Gundam type ACD
8) MP Great Exkaiser
9) MISB TakaraTomy TFA Voyager Prime signed by David Kaye & Derrick J. Wyatt
10) MISB TakaraTomy TFA Voyager Black Prime
11) Armored Plus Ryo of the Wildfire
12) MP-04S Sleep Mode Convoy
13) my collection of AMDriver Jenus Dira toys (figures and Bisars), though namely the ZEAM AMDriver Jenus figure.

Autovolt 127
01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Either my G1 Sixshot or Car Robots Scourge.

Yes i'd leave my sentimental favs like most of the cybertron and classics/universe/generation toys behind for those two.

Nemesis Predaking
01-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Predaking. Is that 1 or 5?

Either/or? You try picking that guy up in a rush & not losing any parts or limbs :rofl:

plowking
01-24-2011, 07:48 PM
O_o....man, this is a tuffy!!

Can I lump all my customs into a category of saving "one"....?

What if I told you I keep a tote near my case, for just an event of such catastrophe?....then, would I be allowed to save as many as the tote would hold?....

Dragon Knight
01-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I'd try to make it out with one or two of the items that I got signed.

Alexander Quinn
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Without debating the issue with myself for too long, I'd say TFTM Leader Prime. Say what you want about the ROTF Leader, but my fav is still the original.

CobraCommander
01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
I would grab Diaclone Cassetteman KO, it was my first transforming robot and still one of my all time fav characters :crying:

1) Chogokin GD-99 Aquarion Gold version
2) Chogokin GD-99 Aquarion

What, no fair... you don't need two Aquarion, gimme one :p

I would probably perish in flames trying to decide!

:D

Commandoclone87
01-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Since all of the valuable ones I grew up with eventually "disappeared". I don't have my G1 Prime anymore (Sadly the only one to survive the purge was a slightly scratched Beast Wars Rampage) and most of my current figures are ROTF to Generations/2010/PCC..... I would have to say either Human Alliance Jazz or Allspark Cliffjumper only because Jazz is the most expensive Retail price of my current figures and Cliffjumper was the hardest one to find (though I suppose Generations Thrust may get harder to find in the near future).

Darth Grimlock
01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
G1 Jetfire.... Not loosing him a second time...

Bruticus82
01-24-2011, 09:47 PM
None...I have nothing in my current collection that I can't re-buy MISB with the insurence money.:D A fire would only purge my collection of things I don't really want or need and make it better all at the same time.

I'd take a good look at your policy to make sure this is the case. Often action figure collections aren't covered under the definition of "collectibles" in the insurance policy (typically limited to coins, stamps, art), and are just covered as any other "toy" would be, in which case the payout might not be "replacement value" in the way we think of it.

I've been looking into the insurance issue on and off for about a year now (I don't have a large collection so it's not a big concern to me) but I believe there are typically issues with trying to get true replacement value.

Vain
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Someone hook me up with A g1 Sunstreaker so I know to save that one in the fire!

but in all honesty, I think out of my current Collection, I think Classics prime is prob the hardest one to get back, so prob him, but if PVC count then definetly my Dead Master above all else.

Omega.Prime
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
G1 Jetfire.... Not loosing him a second time...

ditto

shockwing
01-24-2011, 10:00 PM
its so hard to choose:
20thAnn.Dinobot: my first favourite tf character
AnimatedShockwave:just an awsome toy
Drift:cool carXsamurai
FP Protector w/ hot rod: it counts as one if combined

I would go with animated shockwave, awsome character also a great figure

Badgertron
01-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Since most of my old stuff is in storage, I probably wouldn't worry about it all too much. I'd grab my laptop first of all, but if I had to grab toys, I'd grab my bag of Battle Beasts & run with them!

-BT

Cpl. Chrissandwich
01-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Hmm in my current collection...Im sorry its not a transformer but I have to go with Marvel Legends Deadpool (Toybiz) That figure is probably the most expensive figure I own, even thoug it is out of package, he is still, worth quite a bit. Now if it has to be a transformer well, like perviously said, I couldnt decide. Masterpiece Black Prime, Classics Ultra Magnus with the armour, or SDCC Nemesis Prime.

brr-icy
01-25-2011, 12:36 AM
fp magnus and g1 jetfire, only problem is getting jetfire's gunclip out of the parts box...don't want to search for another one

Protoman
01-25-2011, 12:51 AM
CHOICES CHOICES.

In the end.........

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/t1kvXt06vIk/0.jpg

Super Hybrid Rodimus Convoy

Everything else with any mass sum of money is replacable..... not this.

Stapler
01-25-2011, 01:09 AM
I'd have to go for either my G1 Swerve or Windsweeper. Swerve was my very first, had him literally as long as I can remember. Windsweeper is special too because he's the first one that I have a memory of receiving.

I could say my reissue Piranacon, or vintage G1 Soundwave, or targetmaster Cyclonus but they are recent additions and don't have that sentimental connection.

trizeo
01-25-2011, 01:11 AM
WOW serious CHANS?! dang! Imma go with what 1 of the members said... I have 2 hands!... I'd grab my Brave Max (be more like a fireman carry!) & KO Overlord! (still can't get over the chrome until this day!)

Dark Rage
01-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Probably my transforming Convoy Ring.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/transformer_01/5b2e8803.jpg
(Sorry, had to bum off the pic from you Protoman).

Don't you have one, Protoman?

Dragon Knight
01-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Okay, so this is probably what I'd take with me...not a Transformer but still something that I can't replace

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2977/dsc00139ni.jpg

My Autographed Guy Shishou Microman

chans formers
01-25-2011, 02:31 AM
lolz!!!
it's cool to see what others would have chose.
some seem like quick no questions asked picking,while others seem like by the time you choose,too late...crispy critter:((lookin' atchu and your huge list freedomgundam:Djudging by it,i say you make it 2-3 trips in and out of the house maximum before smoke over comes you:rofl:)

off topic at darkrage,that would totally suck to get smoked with that ring:crying:you'd see prime in the mirror for the rest of your life:D

Joalro
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
I would take my Leader ROTF Optimus Prime. Not only is it a super great figure, but my girlfriend bought him for me for my birthday. He's a super great figure.

And he's combined to Jetfire currently, so I'd be taking two at once.

Hobbyist Prime
01-25-2011, 08:50 AM
NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if I had to choose I'd say MP Megatron with the add on kit

Transbot90210
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
BW Rattrap. He is the one that started it all so he encompassess my entire collection is a Basic Class toy size:)

Me.Grimlock.King
01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
I would say either WST gold Grimlock (only 10 made worldwide) or Fortress Maximus because he would be a pain in the butt to find complete. Hard to decide.

UltraMarknus
01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
MP-04...I know I wouldn't have the power/heart to rebuild my collection, so I would just grab what I feel is the greatest incarnation of most iconic character from my childhood.

But oh how Fort Max would be pissed...

Pascal
01-25-2011, 01:08 PM
I would jam MP Megatron inside MP Prime's trailer and take both.

zerocustom
01-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd have to grab the figure that reignited my love of collecting and that would by Mp-04

Protoman
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Probably my transforming Convoy Ring.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j283/transformer_01/5b2e8803.jpg
(Sorry, had to bum off the pic from you Protoman).

Don't you have one, Protoman?

Yup I do, without the box sadly, just the inner box stuff.

Batman
01-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Probably on of my Hot Toys Predators.

ConvoyGTR
01-28-2011, 02:45 AM
^^This.

A good captain goes down with his ship.
Damn right! I take my G2 Inferno and layeth the smacketh down on that fire! :primelaugh:

But seriously, I would kick down the LCD blocking the window and grab as much stuff as I can in arms reach and toss them out the window and hope they survive :crying:. And in hands, I guess I would grab MP Convoy.

Ozrein
01-28-2011, 03:15 AM
I'd say MP Megatron. If I had to dwindle my collection down to the absolutely bare basics, I'd end up with MP-04 OP and MP Megatron. And realistically there are so many version of MP OP, that I could replace him if I had to grab only one figure to save from impending doom.

Although, I do have to say one thing in regards to the original question, or at least part of it. If there were some sort of natural disaster or more-so a world-wide apocolypse, I wouldnt be betting on gaining any sort of monetary recompense by grabbing a currently high-value TF. Since really after the end of the world, no one is going to be spending money on toys... I would think. Now in case of a house fire, grab that b*tch, for SURE.

Autobot_Orion
01-28-2011, 06:44 AM
I'd Grab my custom Energon Cube box full of most of my original G1's and throw it out/through the window. Than hopefully my fire extinguishers can get me out of the house.

In real situation the last thing I want to do is burn or get blown up over my G1's Collection why risk it. Insurance can always get them back.

Ideally it would be cool to have a walk in temperature/humidity controlled nuclear bomb proof Transformers Vault. Than your TF's and you can be safe from anything from a house fire, home invasion, nuclear bomb blast.