PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons Megatron Should have Fired Starscream Years Ago

jackalprime
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Something funny i found on Cracked. If its old, sorry. if its been posted before sorry.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16954_5-reasons-megatron-should-have-fired-starscream-years-ago.html?wa_user1=4&wa_user2=Movies+%26+TV&wa_user3=article&wa_user4=flashback

onecoin
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
You forgot the number 1 reason why he should keep Starscream around, sexual tension.

Jeepmanhastj
01-10-2011, 08:51 PM
In the Politically correct, corporate atmosphere of today, he wouldn't have lasted the 1st episode. :p

Perceptor
01-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Starscream's relationship with Megatron is IMHO probably the most complex relationship between any two transformers. They must have some sort of co-dependency... Otherwise why did Megatron put up with him? Soundwave should have been number 2. He is loyal, efficient and effective. I guess Starscream is the only con with aspiration to be something more, while other cons just stick to their instructions.
Having said that, Galvatron did destroy Starscream in the 86 movie. And Megatron did decide to destroy Starscream in Transformers Animated, though he wasn't successful.
I wonder what the fate of Starscream will be in Bay's TF3?

Dragon Knight
01-10-2011, 10:42 PM
But if Megatron didn't have Starscream around, who would he use as his punching bag?

shockwing
01-10-2011, 10:45 PM
that site is awsome

joshimus
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I liked this line while firing Megatron "We're not so sure he was actually shooting as much as trying to choke you to death"

TheLogicalProwl
01-11-2011, 05:38 PM
This quote from Total War I think sums it all up.

"Why? That's what they all asked me. Why him... why Starscream? Why, of all the Decepticons, did I decide to revitalize the one whose record of deceit and betrayal is legend? Because I'm an idiot, that's why!" - Megatron

Autovolt 127
01-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I can't believe it took 21 years for Megat.....er Galvatron to finally kill Starscream.

I'm still baffeled on how he has so many fangirls.:confused:

CBII
01-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Perhaps it's because Starscream is a coward (unless it's 5 on 1), and Megatron would easily fight to the finish as he's a warrior. Self preservation keeps Starscream in the picture because he has the best sense of when to turn tail and run to pick on a lonely autobot another day.

Dragon Knight
01-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, the only logical reason I can think of as to why Megatron would keep him alive is to make an example out of him, to keep him as a reminder to anyone else in his ranks that might've been thinking about overthrowing him.

Sun Swipe Prime
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Perhaps it's because Starscream is a coward (unless it's 5 on 1), and Megatron would easily fight to the finish as he's a warrior.

Maybe in later source material Megatron is a badass, but in G1... not so much. How many times has Megatron said, "Decpeticons Retreat..." Does anyone remember when Megatron challenged Prime to a one on one battle in G1? He had to take all the powers of the Decepticons before he dared face Prime.

Dragon Knight
01-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Maybe in later source material Megatron is a badass, but in G1... not so much. How many times has Megatron said, "Decpeticons Retreat..." Does anyone remember when Megatron challenged Prime to a one on one battle in G1? He had to take all the powers of the Decepticons before he dared face Prime.
Even Galvatron's new voice in the third season made him sound like a wimp.