PDA

View Full Version : Fansproject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Set being shipped

max99d
01-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi All,

The Fansproject TFX-04B Shadow Scyther Trailer Set are being shipped from Robotkingdom.

I got my shipping notice today. Can't wait for my sets to arrive.

Woohoo

Pascal
01-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Cool, I dig the new weapon they did for him.

FreedomGundam
01-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Nice.
I missed the preorders, though. Oh well...

jourdo
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Yippie! I just checked my email and got my notice as well. Let's see which version arrives first now: Protector from Ontario or Shadow Scyther from Hong Kong.

Haggis
01-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Yippie! I just checked my email and got my notice as well. Let's see which version arrives first now: Protector from Ontario or Shadow Scyther from Hong Kong.

If protector is using canada post my moneys on Shadow Scyther

UltraPrimal
01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
:banghead: :mad: :argh:

Dragon Knight
01-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Nice.
I missed the preorders, though. Oh well...

I missed as well..a tad bit expensive for me, and no doubt the price for SG Rodimus shot through the roof after this release. :(

FreedomGundam
01-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I missed as well..a tad bit expensive for me, and no doubt the price for SG Rodimus shot through the roof after this release. :(
... not that SG Rodimus' (or Gentei Wildriders) were dirt cheap to begin with, mind you.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I'd particularly want my SG Rodimus or Gentei Wildrider to be displayed "hidden" by the Protector armor either way.

Mumps
01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Mine shipped today too :D
A very welcome e-mail to receive when I woke up

Sureshot22
01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
got my ship notice also. now just need a black roddy to put in it.

might need to just paint one of my reg ones. or get someone with some skill to do it for me ;)

though i sent them an email asking to ship to where im staying now about 2 months ago and never got a reply. so hopefully they dont ship it still to the ex's house.. though it would just mean a trip out there to get it. she wouldnt do anything to it. so thats good.

Echotransformer
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh wow, me too! Great news...read it here before my inbox lolzzz.

Going to be awesome...

Me.Grimlock.King
01-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Woo Hoo! Transformers version of "Death" coming soon!

Protoman
01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Whooo bout time, got 2 of these suckers coming!

UltraMagnus69
01-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Can't wait to "upgrade" my avatar pic! :)

Wheelie
01-09-2011, 01:45 AM
I missed out on the pre-order! I know it was a while ago. Still peeved! :banghead: :doh:

CyberMnky
01-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I hate all of you who got one (and you Daniel, I hate twice - despite your awesome name)...

yes I'm bitter... I'm a gonna go sulk now

miasboytoy
01-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Whooo bout time, got 2 of these suckers coming!

wanna sell me on please ?!!! =oP

if anyone has one extra for sale pm me with a price thanks.

pandaprime
01-26-2011, 12:12 AM
now available from TF Source...

venksta
01-26-2011, 12:29 AM
now available from TF Source...

Yeah, i wonder how many they actually kept to just sell at the high price. I can't believe people would cancel their orders after this thing sold out so quick. If anything, you would make your money back, plus $50, on the low end.

UltraMarknus
01-26-2011, 01:08 AM
TFSource has really lost my respect after this. I will probably look elsewhere for my items now. I was a HUGE TFSource supporter but this made me sick.

brr-icy
01-26-2011, 01:20 AM
they kept back 20 according to the other thread. lost any business i would do with them, especially since it's the second time in a row on a fp exclusive they scalped it

General Tekno
01-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Hold up - they kept some back?

Geez. That's pretty unscrupulous.

Dark Rage
01-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Wow, this is like the genius monopoly strategy.

I'm surprised that Fans Project doesn't object to TFsource's tactics, but then they just might not care at all...

This is not the first time they've done this, infact, they do it all the time, it's just become more much obvious (like caught red-handed) this time around, especially since it's an exclusive from them.

jourdo
01-26-2011, 02:09 AM
I understand holding a certain percentage of stock back in case there are issues with returns. I don't really get selling this off at the inflated price. Well I get capitalism and all that, but it just seems like a crappy move to pull on an exclusive item.

Dragon Knight
01-26-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm surprised that Fans Project doesn't object to TFsource's tactics, but then they just might not care at all...

They more then likely get back a percentage of the sales back from TFsource, so they probably don't care so long as they get the money for it.

Dark Rage
01-26-2011, 02:14 AM
They more then likely get back a percentage of the sales back from TFsource, so they probably don't care so long as they get the money for it.

They can probably make more money by selling more "similar" units, such as the TFcon fiasco. I really doubt anyone in Japan or some other countries heard of or even got a chance at getting this.

venksta
01-26-2011, 02:25 AM

FansProject doesn't get any extra money from TFSource scalping these for $360. All FansProject got was their original wholesale cost, from the original orders.

The closest to another "Shadow Scythe" would be a blue version, if they decided to do one.

pulsedragon20
01-26-2011, 02:48 AM
$300 on TFsource... well it's cheaper than eBay temporarily...

hugh_da_man
01-26-2011, 07:04 AM
They're probably hold backs for replacements and cancellations.

People on tfw were nerd raging...it was pretty good. In the end, I'd rather see TFSource get $300 than see tfw scalpers gloating about how they bought up a bunch to resell on ebay.

Dark Rage
01-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Curt ended up deleting the entire facebook posting and will probably sell them on a personal ebay acct.

UltraMarknus
01-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Curt ended up deleting the entire facebook posting and will probably sell them on a personal ebay acct.

Yes, when I noticed the facebook post was gone and it was out of stock...I figured this is what he was up to heh. A real shame, I would've plunked down double the original price for it.

Gunn2025
01-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Got mine today!! It is amazing!!

hugh_da_man
01-26-2011, 06:37 PM

That's what he should have done in the first place. He should have known that people would flip out over the hiked up price.

protoform_ironhide
01-26-2011, 09:13 PM
It looks very nice especially with that clear red Rodimus someone has posted earlier, but I guess it isn't a must have for me especially with a price this high. I am happy enough with a Protector, which I still haven't purchase one yet...haha...

Breakdown
01-26-2011, 10:21 PM
TFSource has really lost my respect after this. I will probably look elsewhere for my items now. I was a HUGE TFSource supporter but this made me sick.

This isn't the first, nor the last time that they've done something like this. Realistically though, it doesn't take away from the fact that they're one of the top, if not thee top online Transformers distributor. I too originally had an issue with there pricing before I actually ordered from them, but I came to realize that if I didn't like it, I just didn't have to buy it.... I'll still continue to deal with them however, as the packaging and customer service has far surpassed my expectations.

Batman
01-27-2011, 12:53 AM
They're probably hold backs for replacements and cancellations.

People on tfw were nerd raging...it was pretty good. In the end, I'd rather see TFSource get $300 than see tfw scalpers gloating about how they bought up a bunch to resell on ebay.

No they made a special note about all Shadow Scythe pre-orders that there would absolutely be no returns on any of the sets. If there was an issue it was to be taken up with Fansproject.

This is what was on Facebook

Well most are actually coming from the TFsource secret stash... and then a few anticipated cancellations... amazing what is in that secret stash, so much saved up for rainy days.

and

It's been selling for $350 - $500 on the secondary market ever since we announced it. If we sold for less, they would be bought for that much and sold on the secondary market for that much. Complain all you want, that's the reality.

It just amazes me how sleazy toy collecting can get sometimes.

brr-icy
01-27-2011, 01:52 AM
posted in the thread on tfw, not reposting it, but the remaining pieces are being raffled off for original price to those that asked for one before

UltraPrimal
01-27-2011, 02:32 AM
TFsource completely disgusts me. Way to loose your customers TFsource. Scalping your own exclusive.:mad:

Can you imagine if BotCon did that? What if BotCon had another set like the Seekers on their hands and purposely held back a whole bunch just to sell in their store at a marked up price. Oh, and you have to sign up for a membership to actual buy them too. People would riot in the streets!

Too bad they deleted their Facebook account. I would have liked to see some of those negative comments.

Dark Rage
01-27-2011, 02:51 AM
They didn't delete their FB acct, just the posting/thread of scyther on fb. Just to distract or change the topic, he tries to get people to answer questions of Piss Magnus, but he's just really trying to sell it to people instead. Smart. Prick.

I bit the bullet and bought one today, luckily at a cheaper price than ebay/asking price of most tfw members.

UltraMarknus
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
This isn't the first, nor the last time that they've done something like this. Realistically though, it doesn't take away from the fact that they're one of the top, if not thee top online Transformers distributor. I too originally had an issue with there pricing before I actually ordered from them, but I came to realize that if I didn't like it, I just didn't have to buy it.... I'll still continue to deal with them however, as the packaging and customer service has far surpassed my expectations.

Well, what got me is the whole "if we sell it at regular price, people will buy and scalp" as their reasoning. So they are justifying their scalping by saying people will scalp their un-scalped prices...W...T...F....

I think their biggest mistake was plastering it on facebook...basically gloating that they kept some back for "rainy days" aka SCALPING. If they just threw it back on the website...they would've slipped under the radar and probably got their inflated price.

Other companies can match their prices and package just as well...so I would rather support companies that do not participate in these kind of practices. To each their own, of course.

Sun Swipe Prime
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
The closest to another "Shadow Scythe" would be a blue version, if they decided to do one.

At these prices, who's taking bets on a KO showing up sooner or later.

wheeljaxx
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
i'd be happy with a KO of either version.

Me.Grimlock.King
01-27-2011, 01:59 PM
It sucks but plain and simple, TFsource is a Business and they are trying to make the best profit possible. Getting mad about it will not change anything. This crap will continue to happen as long as there are crazy people out there willing to pay such high prices.

That is why I make sure to pre-order asap when ordering from TFsource when such figures are release for pre-order.

But in saying this, KO's are most likely to follow!

brr-icy
01-27-2011, 02:14 PM
I think their biggest mistake was plastering it on facebook...basically gloating that they kept some back for "rainy days" aka SCALPING. If they just threw it back on the website...they would've slipped under the radar and probably got their inflated price.

by the time it was on FB it was already a 300 reply thread on tfw...so there was no slipping it under any radar

racerguy76
01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
TFsource is the last place I look for tfs on line, now I may not even bother.

wheeljaxx
01-27-2011, 05:03 PM
no one else has a pre-order up for those targetroid prime and megatrons except tfs. is it another exclusive to them?

Dark Rage
01-27-2011, 05:10 PM
no one else has a pre-order up for those targetroid prime and megatrons except tfs. is it another exclusive to them?

I hope not, expect them to sell out in a few days and get a restock for 3x the original price.

hugh_da_man
01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
I always buy from TFSource. Best packing and Curt is always responsive to group buys. That and their prices are usually no worse than anyone else's.

So they're raffling off the extras now? Why is everyone still upset? They listened to the community and made a change.

Dark Rage
01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Where's the raffle? I can't find. TFsource mentioned a raffle before deleting the post on fb entirely.

Batman
01-27-2011, 07:26 PM

I hope not, expect them to sell out in a few days and get a restock for 3x the original price.

You can buy them at Robot Kingdom.

Breakdown
01-27-2011, 09:52 PM
Other companies can match their prices and package just as well...so I would rather support companies that do not participate in these kind of practices. To each their own, of course.

I've actually dealt with a number of online Transformers retailers and NOBODY comes even close to the quality of packaging, or customer service that is offered by TF Source.

I realistically don't understand why so many people are outraged, as it's a common business practice when it comes to supply and demand, so get over it.

Larkhainan
01-27-2011, 10:06 PM
It's a common business practice to artificially portray supply to rip your customers off two weeks later.

Breakdown
01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
It's a common business practice to artificially portray supply to rip your customers off two weeks later.

A number of major business organizations do it all the time, Apple being one of them. And who exactly is being ripped off if nobody is buying the product in question? Exactly.... absolutely no one.

As I said earlier in this thread, if you don't like the pricing, nobody's forcing you into buying it. So stop your bitching, as it's out of your control.

Larkhainan
01-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Ignoring the burden of proof that statements like yours require to be above anything but anecdotal, when a company in a niche market rips off their customers and loses sales as a result of it, that is actually within control of the forums user base. Since people are actually discussing taking those aims, I don't see how it is in fact 'out of their control'. You know how capitalism is supposed to work, right?

Ergo, it's actually within people's control and you on the other hand have no right to tell other people how to spend their time or their dollars beyond attempting to project the company in a fair light. Since you're not, one can make some very upfront conclusions about your line of reason.