PDA

View Full Version : Do you collect Star Wars Transformers?

Pascal
07-12-2007, 11:26 PM
I have them all so far (save for the new VS set that is out in Australia), I love the line. It's actually the ONLY line that I buy repaints/remolds. Not a SW fan at all, but I love the idea of having stuff from the movies that actually transform into recognizable characters. So, I'm some sort of SW fan without being one.

I only remembered about them tonight when I finally spotted the last wave (Windu & friends) that I got from the US several months ago. Can't wait for the Death Star Vader and the other deluxes, they look VERY promising. I hope we get even more in 2008!

GMfan
07-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Their recognizable? None of them look like their movie counterparts, I would have much prephered if they had star wars ships that just transform into autobots or decepticons. I only have 2 one was a gift (hate it, Slave 1 keep it in that mode), and the other is the blue repaint of the ARC-170 which I onlt got for the ship mode. The fact that they are also $5 more then a deluxe and aren't much bigger or better I can't justify getting any more.

Robimus
07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
I have Darth Maul.........its awful. I almost picked up the Saesae Tinn jedi starfighter in Fargo, it looked cool but then I remembered how much the Darth Maul blew and I put it back on the peg.

jourdo
07-13-2007, 12:17 AM
I bought Darth Vader and regretted it after I opened him up. I have since resisted the urge to buy any more.

chisau
07-13-2007, 01:18 AM
i have anakin and obi-won as republic tie fighters. i got them at the TF-con because they where $2.50 each.

Don't really like them as toys, but the concept is very cool. Combining the 2 things i like most about my childhood. and obi-won reminds me or rinox for some reason.

I think i will buy the windu, when it goes on sale for $2.50

C_Shewins
07-13-2007, 01:48 AM
No. I think those transformers are kind of weird, with that starwars' head.

QuadESL63
07-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Sorry, they are not my cup of tea :p

Scrapper6
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
I only have Obi-Wan and Vader right now; I really want to get more, but my budget just won't allow it at the moment, I dig these figures because of the combination of Transformers/Star Wars. Plus they're just like the old Action Fleet so they fit into my collection perfectly. If only they weren't 20$ a piece; I mean they are technically the same size and scale as a Deluxe and even packaged practically the same way so why the hell does everyone have to gouge us when they could be charging 15$ a piece instead.

Pascal
07-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Who's buying them then? Here, they sell by the gallon.

And sorry guy, but you will never find a SWTF on sale at retail for $2.50.

Robimus
07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I only have Obi-Wan and Vader right now; I really want to get more, but my budget just won't allow it at the moment, I dig these figures because of the combination of Transformers/Star Wars. Plus they're just like the old Action Fleet so they fit into my collection perfectly. If only they weren't 20$ a piece; I mean they are technically the same size and scale as a Deluxe and even packaged practically the same way so why the hell does everyone have to gouge us when they could be charging 15$ a piece instead.

The great flannelled one(aka George Lucas) gets an extra cut on stuff like that, although they did go on sale for $9.99each just before last Christmas at TRU.
In Winnipeg those don't sell well at all. The new wave of Mace and the Trooper gunship are easy gets at TRU. The Emporer shuttle is more abundant than the monkey Prime and the Falcon 2 pack is available in dozens.
As for $2.50 a pop, probably somebody opened them up, hated them and decided to find them a new home at the CON. I don't think you'll see them at retail for that.
They do look great as vehicles and do fit in to that old action fleet scale. it's the robot modes I'm dissapointed in.

RED51977
07-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I think this line was geared more towards kids as it combines two franchises that kids both old and young love. When they first came out I wasn't a big fan of these but as the line grew the character choices got better. They do look best in vehicle mode rather then robot unless it's a character like Fett, Vader, Grievous or Clones the more robot looking ones.

The upcoming Death Star looks amazing saw it up close at C4 in LA along with the 2 pack Vader/Obi-Wan. Hasbro has told me that this is one of there biggest sellers from last year so the line may go on for awhile yet. Me personally I'll pick and chose which characters to pick up but like most collectors once you get one you usually get them all right :D .

Team Jetfire
07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Who's buying them then? Here, they sell by the gallon.

And sorry guy, but you will never find a SWTF on sale at retail for $2.50.

I have bought them all (so far) and I will continue to buy them. The Mech modes are alright, but considering that the alt modes are incredibly detailed and tru to the originals, they are pretty nice toys.

That being said, the price is too high IMO.

Ondoher Prime
07-13-2007, 06:37 PM
only got the 2 sith lords and boba fett. i plan to get the death star vader TF.

and yes, it would've been better if they transformed into autobot/decepticon characters instead of SW characters, but the concept was alright for me.

CobraCommander
07-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I have a couple, waiting for these...

Saesae Tinn Jedi Starfighter
Cody Turbo Tank
and of course Darth Vader Deathstar :D