PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Comic Con 2010 Middle-Manning

Gorilla Warfare
07-15-2010, 04:02 AM
It's that time of the year again, and I'm once more off to sunny California for the proverbial Nerd Prom.

Now, as a service to my fellow Canucks who can't make it, I'm once again willing to act as a middle-man, picking up desired exclusives and passing them along at cost (plus shipping). If you're unsure of what's available, there's a (more or less) complete list of this year's exclusives here (http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exclusives.php).

Now, I'm willing to stand in line on behalf of complete strangers, but there *are* some limits:

Some booths (IE: Hasbro & Mattel) strictly limit the amount of exclusives you can purchase. For instance, last year Hasbro had a limit of 4 on any exclusive. If the number of people clamoring for an exclusive exceeds the limit, it's strictly first come first serve.
I have limited suitcase space, so some larger items are pretty much right out, unless you're willing to pay extra for SDCC's on-site shipping.
Unless they've changed the way things are handled, Mattel's booth is a complete catastrophe. If you want something from Mattel, I sincerely doubt I'll be able to get anything without essentially sacrificing half a day to stand in line. Because of this, Mattel is the exception to "cost + shipping" rule; I'm not in the business of ripping people off, but I'd like to be compensated for my time.

Now, if nothing on the exclusives list jazzes you, I'll also be grabbing giant arm loads of free promotional swag; I'll post pictures of my daily haul, and declare open season for nothing but the cost of shipping.

I'll have my laptop and my iPhone with me, so I'll be able to monitor both this thread and my email, meaning daily status updates.

Autobot_Lancer
07-15-2010, 04:44 AM
I would be interetsed in the Blaster exclusive, and as I live in Banff formally from e-town I make trips up there every now and then so I could save both me and you on the shipping

Jeem
07-15-2010, 05:09 AM
I'm in Calgary and would love the Iron Man Mark VI Mighty Mugg to go with my TRU exclusives

I would also take a Blaster if you have room in your suit case

CETERUS PRIME
07-15-2010, 08:26 AM
First off, Thanks for offering your help ! An SDCC Blaster would interest me as well. :D

herooftheday316
07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
I would also like a Blaster if possible. It is really good of you to ask and its ok if I didn't make the cut :)

Thanks again
________
Cpl4Fun (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Cpl4Fun)

EnragedCoconut
07-15-2010, 10:06 AM
If you're interested, i'd love the TF Mighty Mugg and a Blaster. I'm happy to compensate you for your efforts. Please let me know.

Denise

CobraCommander
07-15-2010, 10:23 AM
If you could get a set of the Sgt Slaughter figs I would be more than happy to compensate you for your time :)

Thanks for the offer!

Gorilla Warfare
07-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Wow, great response! Okay, just so we're clear, here's my current shopping list (assuming Hasbro's keeping their 4 unit limit)

-Autobot_Lancer - Blaster
-Rogue Optimus (via PM) - Blaster, Skeletor/Molarr
-Jeem - Blaster, Iron Man Mighty Mugg
-Ceterus Prime - Blaster

AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW, WE'RE CALLING BLASTER SOLD OUT. Sorry, herooftheday316 and Enraged Coconut; I'll try and work something out.

Moving on:

-Enraged Coconut - Iron Man Mighty Mugg
-Cobra Commander - Sgt Slaughter (I assume you want both variants)

Now, I'm not sure how Hasbro is going to handle the Sgt. Slaughter variants. Assuming that both variants are considered multiples of the same unit (ie: getting one of each version counts as two Sgt. Slaughters against your limit), SGT SLAUGHTER IS SOLD OUT, since I plan on getting one of each variant for myself.

So to those of you who missed the cut off, feel free to post regardless, as I might be able to swing something with my girlfriend/friends, but I make no guarantees.

Cheers Ian
07-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey,

I'd love a Mighty Muggs Prowl if you can snag any.

Also if there happens to be a way you can get any extra Blasters (I know he's "sold out") I would gladly take one of those as well.

Cheers!
-Ian

pulsedragon20
07-15-2010, 01:48 PM
I would love a SDCC Blaster and Mighty Muggs Prowl as well if that is possible :D

UltraPrimal
07-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Anyone know what the difference is between the SDCC Galactus and the one BBTS has up on their site?
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS19156&mode=retail
Does the SDCC one still come with a Silver Surfer figure?

He's the main one I'm interested in, but if he's exactly like the one up on BBTS, just with a fancy box and no Silver Surfer, I might as well get the BBTS one and save $5. But I'm also interested in both of the Sgt. Slaughters(GI Joe version and "WWE" variant), Captain America and movie Spider-Man.

BruticusMax
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
the sdcc one is close to the 3.75" scale ones from marvel universe line, this ones the bigger version thats all.

slippy
07-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Nothing for me, but I'd just like to say what an awesome thing to do :cool:

CobraCommander
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
-Cobra Commander - Sgt Slaughter (I assume you want both variants)

Yes please :)

hugh_da_man
07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
If you can get extras of the Blaster put me down for one please.

Thanks

blitz
07-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Thanks for helping out the community.

If you can please sign me up for the Iron Man Mighty Mugg with sliding faceplate.

Also I noticed your disclaimer for Mattel but if it isn't like last year then can you sign me up for the Hot Wheels: Ecto-1 or else don't waste your time there then.

Rogue_Optimus
07-16-2010, 04:44 AM
the sdcc one is close to the 3.75" scale ones from marvel universe line, this ones the bigger version thats all.

I thought the only difference was the packaging (blister card vs box)

I was tempted with Galactus too but I'll wait for the mass release

Gorilla Warfare
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry for the comm silence, I've been sort of busy performing all my last minute preparations.

Now, I have some bad news for anyone looking to get Mattel products; I've been poking around other message boards, and it seems that the only way to guarantee getting something from Mattel's terrible, terrible booth is to literally pre-order tickets (essentially forcing you to pre-order a pre-order). I could be reading things wrong, and will definitely double-check once I'm actually down there, but for now, I'm more or less not counting on being able to grab anything from their booth.

I have a copy of my shopping list on both hard copy and my MacBook, but I ask that anyone who wants something email me at mechagelly@gmail.com with both your username and your desired item, so I can send you iPhone updates from the showfloor.

Now, since it's been brought up in PMs, my preferred payment option will be paypal, and I won't be asking for money until I'm back in Canada with the item physically in my hot, sweaty palms.

Like I said before, I'll be posting pics of my free swag, and declaring open season for anyone interested.

Alright, guys. I'll be in touch. Wish me luck!

razin
07-20-2010, 05:48 PM
I actually have Blaster pre-ordered thru tfsource, but wanted to say what an awesome service u r providing for folks here. :)

Gorilla Warfare
07-20-2010, 06:16 PM
What can I say? The only thing I hate more than eBay scalpers are the various websites that eagerly ripoff my fandom just because they can.

CETERUS PRIME
07-20-2010, 07:48 PM
One thing I never even thought of was the MasterPiece Grimlock that is supposed to be released at SDCC. The word is that it will eventually be available at TRU stores, but TRU Canada is so far behind compared to the US (ex. Leader Starscream is still not available in Canada) I often wonder if MP Grimlock will make it to Canada at all. I'd be up for a MP Grimlock IF you're considering taking one home, and IF you have space for it, and that's a BIG IF.

Thanks again for being thoughtful of other collectors, we are very grateful :)

Cheers Ian
07-20-2010, 09:03 PM
If you get any Friday the 13th/Jason Voorhees swag, I'm claming it right now!

Cheers!
-Ian

Tekkamanraiden
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I'll gladly pay you for a Tron Vintage Figure in Arcade Box if you could get one.

dees
07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
i emailed you, but in case you didn't get it,

Simpsons Lard Lad from the Kidrobot booth
Vehicle Voltron vinyl (both metal and black and gold) from the Toynami booth.

i'd be happy to pay for your troubles. thanks very much for doing this.

EnragedCoconut
07-21-2010, 03:50 PM
You've got me down in your summary post for an Ironman MM. I think that was someone else, not me. I was looking for the TF one.

Just an FYI so you're not coming home with an extra MM for no reason.

Gorilla Warfare
07-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Okay, so today was my day to pick up Hasbro stuff, and here's what I've got:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6353/swaga.th.jpg (http://img189.imageshack.us/i/swaga.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

4x Blasters
4x Iron Man Mighty Muggs
3x Prowl Mighty Muggs
1x Ages of Thunder Thor
1x Sgt. Slaughter
1x Sgt. Slaughter variant

As it stands right now, Autobot_Lancer, Jeem, Ceterus, and Rogue Optimus each get Blaster at the cost of $54 USD (my cost after California taxes) + shipping, which I'll figure out once I get back home. I can send from the USPS here in San Diego, if you're desperate, but I make no guarantees as to when/what ship your package will arrive or cost.

CobraCommander gets the Sgt. Slaughters for $28 ($14 a piece) + shipping.

Jeem, blitz, and Jigga79 scored themselves an Iron Man Mark 6 Mighty Mugg at $17 a piece.

cky_ibm, EnragedCoconut, and pulsedragon20 have earned themselves a Prowl Mighty Mugg at $17 each.

So, due to an extreme lack of sleep and poor memory, I've ended up with an extra Iron Man Mark VI for anyone interested.

Feel free to contact me, email me, etc. If you have any question

EDIT: I'm a complete dope and forgot to mention that I wasn't able to get into Mattel's line because the way they set it up is (pardon my french) ABSOLUTELY FUCKING LUDICROUS.

Whether or not I'll go back to the Hasbro booth tomorrow remains to be seen, as the 4 hour long wait is a bit of a turn off when I've done all my personal (and most of my community) shopping, there are panels to attend, autographs to get.

For those of you who want me to check out exclusives from other vendors, I'll do what I can, but, as with everything else in this thread, I make no promises.

I'll post pictures of my gigantic freebie haul either tomorrow or Sunday, as I've no real desire to sort through it and take photographs right now.

Sorry for sounding sort of cranky and incoherent, I'm rocking 9 hours of sleep in the last three days. Comic Con is the most difficult sort of fun I can conceive of.

Autobot_Lancer
07-23-2010, 01:21 AM
wooot, wooot, thanks again man I can't wait to have Blaster. I'll send the money to you via paypal, but I already covered that with you over text message. But i may end up needing you to ship it to me here in banff. so let me know on a shipping cost from e-town to here.

max99d
07-23-2010, 01:23 AM
emailed you.

pulsedragon20
07-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Thank you so very much for all the troubles you went through for getting me Prowl, you are the best !!!

...need Blaster, need Blaster... :D, that's of course if you have time to go again

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Rogue_Optimus
07-23-2010, 04:29 AM
Sweet. Never had a Blaster or any of those cassettes before. Anyone willing to bet I'll break something when I attempt to transform them? :)

blitz
07-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Thanks for getting the MM! I'm glad you checked this thread as I didn't email you.

herooftheday316
07-24-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm sad I barely missed out on a Blaster (since I was 5th on the list:P) but I hope you are having a tone of fun.

It must be amazing there

-Mike
________
CHEAP GLASS BONGS (http://glassbongs.org/)

Gorilla Warfare
07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Some bad news on the Blaster front; after packing up all the Mighty Muggs, GI Joes, and other stuff I picked up for myself, I have no space in any of my suitcases (the Blaster box is pretty damn big). This means that I'm forced to either mail or FedEx the case of Blasters back to Edmonton, which, unfortunately, is going to result in a slightly higher cost.

I'm really sorry about this guys, and will throw in some freebies to make up for the increased cost.

Autobot_Lancer
07-25-2010, 10:39 PM
No problem man, keep me informed. I look forward to getting Blaster.

Cheers Ian
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
If anyone drops out for a Blaster I'll grab one.

Cheers!
-Ian

pulsedragon20
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
If anyone drops out for a Blaster I'll grab one.

Cheers!
-Ian

Me too if you have a spare

UltraPrimal
07-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey man, were you able to get an extra Galactus or the Sgt. Slaughters?

narita
07-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Were you able to get the Marvel Universe Thor and Captain America exclusives? I am interested if you have extras.

Gorilla Warfare
07-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Okay, so I'm back home, and Domercon has claimed the extra Iron Man Mk6.

As mentioned, the Blasters had to be FedExed back home, and should be showing up sometime tomorrow according to my tracking slip.

In the meantime, it would be really helpful if people would PM me or email me (mechagelly@gmail.com) their postal codes so I can start putting together final costs and get the packages shipped.

Thanks!

EDIT: URF, I missed some posts asking for stuff. I would have loved to have grabbed a Galactus or two, but the boxes were so ridiculously large they'd have to be shipped separately.

As for extra Sgt. Slaughters, the limit on the TT redeco was 2 (which I handily filled between myself and CobraCommander), and I ended up being too busy with ten billion other things to make a second multi-hour tour of the Hasbro booth.

Even with the added cost of import duties and a FedEx trip on top of shipping, I still imagine it'll be cheaper to get Blaster from me than it would be from any other site, so I'm not sure how many people will back out of buying; however, if people *DO* change their mind, first dibs goes to the people who missed out on the first cutoff (I believe herooftheday316 gets the first go, then EnragedCoconut, and so on).

Autobot_Lancer
07-28-2010, 04:29 AM
sent PM and text with mailing info for Blaster

Richter
07-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Blaster is on HTS now for $49.99

pulsedragon20
07-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Blaster is on HTS now for $49.99

That's true and all but it cost $32.97+ to ship to Canada...

So after everything (item+shipping+tax), it comes out to $93.xx ...no clue why there is tax added at that point in checkout (unless "we" don't have to pay taxes/duties when it arrives?)

We can always do a group buy to save a lot on shipping (ex. if we purchase 4 SDCC Blasters at a time, which I think is the max amount per address , then shipping would only cost $39.90, instead of $32.97 just for one)

Blurrz
07-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Oh man, you wouldn't happen to have a McFarlane Noble Seven on you by chance?

Gorilla Warfare
07-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh man, you wouldn't happen to have a McFarlane Noble Seven on you by chance?

I don't even know what that is. :confused:

Gorilla Warfare
07-29-2010, 03:14 PM
UPDATE:

Okay, the first two Prowls (EnragedCoconut & pulsedragon20) and the Sgt Slaughters (CobraCommander) are ready to ship today; everyone else will have to wait a day or so as I've got to get more boxes (the only ones I have are way too big) and supplies.