PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 34 - Shooting the Slag Again

GMfan
06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
In another episode where the guys relax from the usual bump and grind reviews and discussions and instead just talk about recent events being on the latest WTF@TFW episode, TFcon, and a recent Transformers 3 voice acting rumor that may interest the Protoman. Keeping to the usual Slag tradition though the guys get back on topic with their usual getting to know topic featuring the ever so depressing decepticon Dirge, and wind down with a how awesome would that be if we had more recently created character being homaged in a G1 style!?

Episode 34 - Shooting the Slag Again (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2034%20-%20Shooting%20the%20Slag%20Again.mp3)
Host: Chris w/ Daniel, and Duncan
- Our WTF@TFW TFcon 2010 talk recap
- TF3 VA rumor?
- Getting to know Dirge (for Metroplex79)
- How awesome would that be!? More recent characters homaged in classic/universe figures

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2034%20-%20Shooting%20the%20Slag%20Again.mp3)

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW! (http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cybertron-ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858)

Nemesis Predaking
06-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Perfect, I got something to listen to in the morning while I Kitbash.

GMfan
06-16-2010, 10:36 PM
There is some customizing talk throughout the episode....and I believe last years TFcon contest winners were talked about too ;)

Nemesis Predaking
06-16-2010, 10:37 PM
As if I needed more of a reason to listen.:p

Malwave
06-16-2010, 11:02 PM
:rolleyes:

great episode once again dudes! :D you got me jazzed for the custom contest this year! I want to see what NP and chans have out for their entries :p

GMfan
06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
I always look forward to custom contests because that's when people keep their best projects secret and there's always the opportunity you see some crazy levels of genius.

Malwave
06-16-2010, 11:26 PM
I always look forward to custom contests because that's when people keep their best projects secret and there's always the opportunity you see some crazy levels of genius.

agreed man! :D I always love looking at amazing craftsmanship

Protoman
06-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah, the big guys in costumzing always hide their fullhouse hand till TFcon for this.

Malwave
06-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Yeah, the big guys in costumzing always hide their fullhouse hand till TFcon for this.

*claps hands together and rubs them* you have no idea Mr. Protoman. No have no idea. >:3 *insert evil laugh here with lightning in the background*

in any case, I may attend your video gaming or Gobots panel; that sounds like a good time! :D

Nocturn
06-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Ah yes... talk to blow cops up by.

40kbps? That explains why the files are so small...

GMfan
06-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Oh and to those wondering the interview we were talking about at the end....

http://www.thebitbag.com/2010/06/05/transformers-takes-gameplay-to-a-new-level/

My lord....I think Matt Tieger wants to punch him in the face...I can't blame him.

Mighty_Galvatron
06-17-2010, 02:10 AM
http://www.thebitbag.com/2010/06/05/transformers-takes-gameplay-to-a-new-level/

Hoo leee shit.

Nemesis Predaking
06-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm looking forward to Daniel's panels this year.
Last years was awesome.

chans formers
06-17-2010, 11:51 AM
thanks again for the shout outs!!!!:cool:

@np,sadly i missed daniels panel on japanese tf's last year:(
and yeah............IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!:D

Nemesis Predaking
06-17-2010, 12:44 PM
@np,sadly i missed daniels panel on japanese tf's last year:(
and yeah............IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!:D

I wouldn't have it any other way !!!:D
David vs Goliath :p

Nocturn
06-17-2010, 12:48 PM
David vs Goliath :p

Is funny because he is short and you are talllllllllll

As for the homages, I would've really liked to see an Animated or Classics Bonecrusher... just because his bio is so ridiculous. I mean, the guy HATES EVERYTHING.

GMfan
06-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Is funny because he is short and you are talllllllllll

As for the homages, I would've really liked to see an Animated or Classics Bonecrusher... just because his bio is so ridiculous. I mean, the guy HATES EVERYTHING.

Take the Energon shoveling limb and paint it tan and give it the decal :P DONE!

....also...I remember when editing we said we'd post a pic of something but I forgot what something is....anyone who just listened to the episode remember?

Mumps
06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
....also...I remember when editing we said we'd post a pic of something but I forgot what something is....anyone who just listened to the episode remember?
I think it was the War for Cybertron Scattorshot. I could be wrong... my iPod is dead so I can't go back and look, err.. listen :p

GMfan
06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
AH yes....that was it....

Here he is...as well as Rumble/Frenzy and 2 other unknowns. A Decepticon that looks like Onslaught, and a white and blue tank that's cut off on the right.

Here, thought I'd throw in 2 additional images with some alt modes for Omega Supreme, Arcee, and Slipstream you may not have seen yet and a nice front view of Shockwave's alt mode.

Stapler
06-17-2010, 05:58 PM
I was just thinking that it would be great if a new CS came out today. I'll give it a listen tomorrow morning. I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about some of these intriguing topics. :)

For homages, I would love to see the Unicron trilogy Demolishor get a G1/Classics remake. He's the only character that I really grew to like in that series and I think he would fit in pretty well. I hated what they did to him midway through Energon, though, because he I thought he was turning out to be a very well developed character up to that point. I was pretty excited to see him make it into WFC as a store exclusive. Now I can get away with having my Cybertron Demolishor on my Classics shelf! :D

GMfan
06-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Demolishor was one of the few figures from Armada that didn't have hindered movement/articulation other then at the shoulders. Only way I could thing of a way to improve that toy is to ball joint those shoulders....but alas...ball joints in Armada figures were not that common.

It's hard to think of a good Classics/Universe toy that would make a good Demolishor...only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Classics Megatron that came in the 2 pack with Optimus Prime.

Malwave
06-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Demolishor was one of the few figures from Armada that didn't have hindered movement/articulation other then at the shoulders. Only way I could thing of a way to improve that toy is to ball joint those shoulders....but alas...ball joints in Armada figures were not that common.

It's hard to think of a good Classics/Universe toy that would make a good Demolishor...only one I can think of off the top of my head is the Classics Megatron that came in the 2 pack with Optimus Prime.

what's stopping Hasbro/Takara from remaking the mold like they did with Hot Shot? Or repainting the Cybertron Demolisher with a new paint scheme?

GMfan
06-17-2010, 11:35 PM
what's stopping Hasbro/Takara from remaking the mold like they did with Hot Shot? Or repainting the Cybertron Demolisher with a new paint scheme?

Nothing really....they just gotta do it :P

Stapler
06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Nothing really....they just gotta do it :P

What they gotta do is release Demolishor's mini-con partner Blackout in matching colours to his Cybertron release!
Anyway, great episode as always guys. And happy birthday to Gizmo! :D

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Another day,another reason to not...ah Hell,too lazy to listen the Podcast when it came out.

First off,the panels Daniel mentioned will be the most interesting in this con,as for the pairing panel,hmmm...room filled with FanGirls,yet short of a voice actor....hmmm...

I’ve seen the Peter Weller rumour some time ago on IMDb.Usually I don’t believe in these voice actor rumours until confirmation,shortly before the film will be released in theatres.Also,some voice actors do get confirmed for a role in the films,yet people,let alone fan,least expect these confirmation and never place them on IMDb,this is because some of these voice actors are replaced by others.Reagrdless,they were never rumoured at the site.

One recent example is in the case of who would voice The Fallen in ROTF.In IMDb,there were numerous times where either Leonard Nimoy or Frank Welker were rumoured to play The Fallen.Little did people,even fans,know that James Arnold Taylor was initially The Fallen and even recorded lines that were to be in the movie.Shortly before the film was to be released,Michael Bay replaced Taylor with Tony Todd,leaving the voice actor to play the villain in the ROTF video game.Tony Todd wasn’t confirmed at least a month before the first release of ROTF.

So,with the idea of this rumour of Peter Weller voicing Hot Rod/Rodimus,I won’t consider it to be true until weeks before the film is released,and I wouldn’t even consider confirmation at post-production.

I would love to see more cross-generation toys in the future,wishful thinking,I do wish that there would be a couple of Beast homages sometime soon,even if isn’t likely.Still...

Podcast felt a bit short,but other than that,a pretty good Episode...but damn,Gizmo still scares the crap out of me.

Nocturn
06-20-2010, 12:56 AM
I would love to see more cross-generation toys in the future,wishful thinking,I do wish that there would be a couple of Beast homages sometime soon,even if isn’t likely.Still...

The problem is it's a very different aesthetic, it's not just changing an art style, you have to have a reason for either really small transformers or really big animals in any continuity you can try to shoehorn this into.

Like, Lockdown can go from animated to Movieverse pretty easily because both heavily feature automobile transformers.

Cheetor? Not so much.

I mean they've found ways for beast characters to be included, be it the terrorcons, the jungle planet, or some techno-organic infection, but all of these represent an outlandish plot element created to enable the existence of such characters on a realm that's not suited for their being.

Malwave
06-20-2010, 01:01 AM
The problem is it's a very different aesthetic, it's not just changing an art style, you have to have a reason for either really small transformers or really big animals in any continuity you can try to shoehorn this into.

Like, Lockdown can go from animated to Movieverse pretty easily because both heavily feature automobile transformers.

Cheetor? Not so much.

I mean they've found ways for beast characters to be included, be it the terrorcons, the jungle planet, or some techno-organic infection, but all of these represent an outlandish plot element created to enable the existence of such characters on a realm that's not suited for their being.

you do make a good point man. a Movieverse Cheetpr would either be a horrible mold or a repaint of the Ravage mold (yeah, I said it :p).

still, it would be interesting for another set of updates in the Generations line. Generations Rattrap and Air Razor maybe? Or more "Dawn of Future Past" style toys?

TMIIWonkoNemises
06-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Like I said earlier,wishful thinking.

GMfan
06-20-2010, 01:04 AM
Hmmmmm I could see a BM Cheetor homage (maybe even a hint of Transtech) made outta ROTF Sideswipe....

hmmmmm I actually really like the image that popped in my head.....

Malwave
06-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Like I said earlier,wishful thinking.

*shrugs* A guy can dream can't he? ;):p

Hmmmmm I could see a BM Cheetor homage (maybe even a hint of Transtech) made outta ROTF Sideswipe....

hmmmmm I actually really like the image that popped in my head.....

...I like the way you think dude. :p I can see that working well. All Hasbro would need would be a new head sculpt to swap out with Sideswipe and a new paint scheme to slap on.

Mighty_Galvatron
06-21-2010, 10:20 AM
All this Beast Talk reminds me that I really hope to see a new mold for BM Nightscream some day. A Generations Scout or Deluxe could finally do him justice.