PDA

View Full Version : Aug Toyfare

agesthreeandup
06-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone here read the Toyfare Magazine? I carry it in store so I read all the issues myself. Kind of a stupid magazine IMO, more of a rag then a magazine. Anyway, this month they had a huge Transformer section in it with movie information, game information and a classics spotlight. If you get a chance to check it out, take a look at the Classics images. Optimus, Magnus, Jetfire and Rodimus are all transformed wrong. It kills me when you get companies like Toyfare who are suposed to be the be all to end all of toy gurus and they can't even transform a toy right. It is not like they are all super hard transformations or anything. Perhaps they have other reasons for transforming them they way they do. Maybe they think they look better that way or something. I feel that if you are going to represent a toy line you should consider doing it properly.

Spencer.

Evan
06-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I like Toyfare, and you have a good point. I have not yet seen the Aug issue though.

C_Shewins
06-14-2007, 07:07 PM
How much are the magazines?

Evan
06-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Six or seven bucks I think. I haven't picked one up for a few months.

agesthreeandup
06-14-2007, 07:20 PM
The Magazine is $4.99 US or $5.99 CAD right now.

5 years ago or so they wrote an article about how you should just by pass any of your small two bit comic stores and toy shops and just do all your shopping at the big box stores. The customer service there is second to none and you can get all the info you need from the clerks. Of course there was a whole lot more to the article than that but you get the jist of it. Funny thing is.......You will never find a Toyfare magazine at TRU, Target or any of the other big box retailers, it is only available at comic shops! Since that article I have not been a huge suporter of their magazine. Personally I prefer Lee's over Toyfare, it is more of an adult read IMO. Toyfare is good if you don't really care about articles or what anyone has to say as their writing seems quite infantile.

pretty pictures tho.....if they could get the transformations right.

Spencer.

dak
06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
You can pick up Toyfair not only at comic shops, but at Chapters aswell.

C_Shewins
06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Nice, thank you for the info. I got discount from Chapters, so let me get one and see how the magazine is like.

agesthreeandup
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM

Seriously? Chapters? I have never seen it there. I know there was a time I was checking with them for it but could never find it. I have asked them about it and they have said they carry it but I have never been able to find one in stock. I guessed they were all back east, just for you dak! I supose they have Inquest at your chapters as well. I have never been able to find that one either. ;)

Spencer.

Aernaroth
06-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Most bookstores like Coles carry Toyfare as well.

Robimus
06-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Walmart also sells Toyfare, I do prefer Lee's as well except they currently are $3 to $4 more per issue. Both are great for looking at pictures of coming soon product but Lee's is a bit more, um, well, better.

kidkid
06-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Edit by DAK: No Trolling. Post Deleted.

Dark Rage
06-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I only like their toy cartoons, which are sold separately by itself.

I've bought an issue once, but it's not enough to spend my money on it.

Synch
06-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Note that any retail shop other than a comic shop will not get it as fast! I have ordered it at my shop a few times for my self & it comes anywhere from half a month to a month after its hit the LCS ...

& I agree with ages on this one as well about lees vs toyfair ... Really the only reason I pick up that junk mag is if they have exclusive toy I want :P I guess its a ok mag though for those who for whatever reason have no access to the internet?.. Who these people are and where they live I do not know though :D

Synch
06-15-2007, 02:46 AM
Post Deleted.

that would be illegal... Or at least some sites consider it to be so I don't know what this ones views are yet... Just flip through it next time you're at you're lcs though :P

kidkid
06-15-2007, 03:34 AM
that would be illegal... Or at least some sites consider it to be so I don't know what this ones views are yet... Just flip through it next time you're at you're lcs though :P
It's not really illegal if you just post their information on the magazine here. Unless u scan it and post exactly what the pages on the magazine looks like =P