PDA

View Full Version : Any details on the Encore reissue series?

jourdo
06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I know who we are getting so far. When do you think we will be seing the packaging? Are these basically replacing the other Takara reissues?

Dark Rage
06-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Different packaging definitely, Takara wants to make sure the first reissue wave continues to appreciate in value and not be replaced by this Encore reissue.

I've read that there will be some new molds used on parts of the robot, possibly to make heads more accurate. *digital toys website indicates so*

Also heard some bonus materials, maybe a poster or something?

I don't know if it will have as many accessories as the original reissues though.

I'm noticing on HLJ that the Yen price of the encores are a bit lower in price than the first reissues, so I don't know if that means cheaper packaging, fewer bonus items, or a combination of both :(

soundwaveCA
06-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Need more new molds, these toys have been reissued enough already.

Still waiting on Mirage and Wheeljack among others.

Dark Rage
06-14-2007, 01:10 AM
I've never really been that much of a fan of the originals (G1, Headmasters, anything that has little to no articulation, especially the legs). Other than their die-cast components (that's durable and long-lasting), there's nothing that really makes me want to buy these guys.

I'm still lost why some people are so into the older ones immensely, while there are many other TFs that are better engineered nowadays.

Well, we'll see how good these reissues are.

BTW, is the original G1 Megatron (not reissue) the only version that could shoot bb pellets? I guess the fun in the original G1 toys is that they're more dangerous too, heh. (Destron Browning, anyone?)

JLvatron
06-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm still lost why some people are so into the older ones immensely, while there are many other TFs that are better engineered nowadays.

BTW, is the original G1 Megatron (not reissue) the only version that could shoot bb pellets?

By association, the show characters have added a vintage-ness to the old toys.

The older G1 toys looked beautiful in their car modes. Some of the newer gen toys look nice too, but the G1 cars were in their own league, plus many of the molds can't be redone cause copyrights.

As for engineering, most of G1 actually Transformed as opposed to some shams like Lego-forming and never-ending BeastWars sham of
"The animal jaw? Um, just keep it like that and sham it off as a robot hand. The animal tail? Um, pass that off as the other hand, or the weapon if you really need me to be creative.":rolleyes:

agesthreeandup
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
What amazes me is the number of people who want these figures becase they DONT HAVE ONE! I am grateful for them reissuing Soundwave because of the number of people coming in asking for the TRU version of this figure. I think the same thing to myself every time I get asked, 'dont you have one already? Damn it has been reissued enough.'

As for the difference in price, it could be the dollar that is making the difference. I don't recall what the yen was like 4 years ago but it could be what makes the change.

Spencer.

tilallr1
06-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Very good question. I want to know the answer too. For these I was interested in them only once I see the packaging, since I usually leave such items sealed in box. If the packaging is ugly I will probably pass, since I have all these bots loose already.

Mega_Zarak
06-14-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm glad I don't collect reissues anymore. There are too many Optimus Prime reissues already.

Dark Rage
06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm just buying them simply because I've never owned any of the G1 versions of these characters. I'm mostly interested in Megatron's transformation and design.

Plus, he's a friggin' rifle/pistol!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey A3U, will you be offering all 4 of the 1st series together as a preorder? I'd rather order this side of the border, but am looking to order the 4-set. Thanks.

Synch
06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I think these are great to reissuse at this time with the movie it could pull a lot of people in and make some want the old ones again so these are perfect at a perfect time :)

& heck I have been collecting for a while but I don't have any of these guys yet my self... I missed out on quite a few of the origianl reissuses and the stuff that came out after words... One of the ones I am kicking my self most for missing is the prime that came with action master prime & the lil matrix thing :D WIsh they would put something like that out again :D

Heck I just wish they would put out more of them! I still can't get my hands on a TRU soundwave! THough I am going up early tomorrow morning cause of the sale HOPEFULLY they will have at least ONE and scalpers will not have got them all

agesthreeandup
06-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey A3U, will you be offering all 4 of the 1st series together as a preorder? I'd rather order this side of the border, but am looking to order the 4-set. Thanks.

Yes, we are offering all four of them. You can check them out in the preorder section of the site. (link is the top button on the right of the page)

If you have any specific questions you can email me or try MSN.

Spencer.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Yes, we are offering all four of them. You can check them out in the preorder section of the site. (link is the top button on the right of the page)

If you have any specific questions you can email me or try MSN.

Spencer.

Sorry, I meant as a four set in one order, like this:

http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Encore-4piece-Set/encore-4-piece-set.html