PDA

View Full Version : rotf legends devestator japanese vs na version differences?

miasboytoy
03-11-2010, 06:24 PM
does anyone know if there are any differences at all? basing it on pictures that i see on the net and it doesnt look like there are any.

GMfan
03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
There really isn't....at most I think the tampo reads (c) Hasbro instead of (c) Takara

miasboytoy
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
i guess ill pass on it then, which is good. saves me some money. =o)

Mumps
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
The ONLY difference is the packaging. And, well, Hasbro wins in that department.

I own both. One to display at home (The Takara one cause I am impatient) and I have on sitting on my desk at work.

jjwankenobi
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Can either of you recommend it, though?

I'm somewhat interested in this Li' Devy and I may pick one up if I find one, but he doesn't "fit in" with the rest of my collection (mainly Classics/2.0/Henkei and some G1).

Is he worth getting as a stand alone RotF-themed piece?

jourdo
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
I own both. One to display at home (The Takara one cause I am impatient) and I have on sitting on my desk at work.

I have yet to see another Hasbro one in the stores. I would love to have one for the desk at work.

S.A.A.M.
03-11-2010, 06:43 PM
$35 for seven legends? Yeah, I think it's worth it. :)

GMfan
03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
....It's not a terrible toy by any stretch of the imagination, and yes $35 for 7 legends is not bad at all....but my biggest issue is for that price you really aren't getting much.

Granted for ~$40 (after tax) you get what many were paying $80 for the Japanese version. Either way it's really up to your preference, Devy fans and movie fans I think will love it, some think it's superior to the supreme version, but if you don't really want it you may want to wait and see if you can get it cheaper down the line.

Every Walmart I've been in have tons in stock and they don't seem to be flying. It may get cheaper but if you don't really care about losing ~$40 on a fully transforming tiny Devastator then go for it.

Individual vehicles are nice, the robot modes for the most part are pretty good, though Scavenger feels too small compared to his teammates, and Mixmaster has Devy's head hanging off his rear....wish that was coverable....and though I just feel like I'm rambling with this toy I can see equal pros and cons....for me it's a good little desk toy and fun to fiddle with now and again, but I still dunno if ~$40 was worth it for something that's slightly shorter then most deluxes.

jjwankenobi
03-11-2010, 07:05 PM
^^
Thanks for the insight. That's what I suspected...probaby better to wait for a sale. I'm not exactly clamouring to get it, after all.

And my multi-coloured Energon Constructicon Maximus (doubling as Classics Devastator) sorta meets my desktop Devy quota for now.

Thank goodness for big desks.

chans formers
03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
i own both versions too.the only difference i can actually see is that the hasbro version has less silver on dev's main face.

Pascal
03-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Really? I thought it had more, but I haven't really paid much attention. That toy rocks, lots of pocket fun and possibilities.

Mighty_Galvatron
03-11-2010, 07:22 PM
...lots of pocket fun and possibilities.

Sold!! :p

Mumps
03-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I have yet to see another Hasbro one in the stores. I would love to have one for the desk at work.

Head down to Mac Trail then, they have a ton left!

justprime
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
There is a different version of ledgends rampage in the red instead of the yellow,...it was a limited edition only available in Japan looks neat when replacing the yellow rampage.

GMfan
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
^ And a white Scavenger, AKA Demolishor

Richter
03-11-2010, 10:08 PM
The silver on the hasbro version is inconsistent while on Takara it is more solid

Only diff I can see.

The toy is cool, but devistator has very little articulation. Just something to keep in mind

Team Jetfire
03-11-2010, 10:12 PM

Mac Wal-Mart has them but not in the same isle as the other transformers....kinda in the sale isle.

TFtoys
03-12-2010, 06:24 AM
[quote=GMfan101;218477]....It's not a terrible toy by any stretch of the imagination, and yes $35 for 7 legends is not bad at all....but my biggest issue is for that price you really aren't getting much.
[quote]
very true. If people want their devestator mean and big, then should try the on sale ROTF big dog one for $50 or less.

Prime Sinister
03-13-2010, 01:09 AM
I was on the fence about keeping Legends Devastator. Couldn't display him with the other ROTF figures, and already have Supreme Dev. He currently sits alone on a small shelf. May display him with the mini-cons.

Pascal
03-13-2010, 10:02 AM
^ And a white Scavenger, AKA Demolishor

I'd be curious to see them combined with the other Constructicons...