PDA

View Full Version : Classics 3.0 deluxe Jazz please?

jjwankenobi
03-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I picked up an Encore G1 Jazz this weekend and I am reminded of how great a toy/character he is.

So why no deluxe Jazz in the Classicsverse?

Sure, there's the awesome Shattered Glass version which is the closest HasTakTomy has come to making a Classics deluxe Jazz, but he's $$$ on the secondary market being a convention exclusive. With Classics 3.0 Thrust confirmed I hoping that a de-Shattered version is soon to follow.

Until then my Classics/Henkei/Classics 2.0 display will have to exist with a Jazz-shaped hole in it.

Prowl_2009
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
I really wish a Classics Jazz would be released soon. The closest thing I have is the repainted Movie-verse Target Exclusive Jazz and that is a Solstace GXP, not a Porsche 935 Turbo! :(

Optimus_Prime
03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Jazz is the character I would most want to be released; the Autobots can't even pass for complete without him. Wheeljack is another necessity, in my opinion.

jjwankenobi
03-08-2010, 05:40 PM
I could live with Jazz's "upgrade" from a Porsche 935 to a Bugatti Veyron...it even fits the updated vibe of the whole Classics line anyways.

Make the Autobot symbols red, eliminate the "Massacre Racing" and "Kill To Win" decals (heck, I'll take 'Meister' if they can't use 'Martini')...et voila! It's that easy, Hasbro!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/1/1d/Jazz_2008BotCon.jpg (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/1/1d/Jazz_2008BotCon.jpg)

Prowl_2009
03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree, Jazz and Wheeljack are a must for the Universe Line! Which Jazz is that one, jjwankenobi? :confused:

jjwankenobi
03-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree, Jazz and Wheeljack are a must for the Universe Line! Which Jazz is that one, jjwankenobi? :confused:

I pity the fool who don't know Shattered Glass Jazz :D!

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_(Shattered_Glass)

Cheers Ian
03-08-2010, 06:34 PM
The Shattered glass Jazz is decent at best...

He really deserves a whole new mold.

Cheers!
-Ian

Robimus
03-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Shattered Glass Jazz is a complete fail to me. If they wont spring for a new mold I'd settle for the Prowl mold with a new head.

jjwankenobi
03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
The Shattered glass Jazz is decent at best...

He really deserves a whole new mold.

Cheers!
-Ian

Shattered Glass Jazz is a complete fail to me. If they wont spring for a new mold I'd settle for the Prowl mold with a new head.

The Classics 2.0 Prowl/Silverstreak/Smokescreen mold was a fury-inducing mess for me...traded them all away.

Jazz is definitely deserving of a new mold but at least the Shattered Glass version exisits to make things easier for Hasbro to release a decent deluxe-sized version in my lifetime.

One can only hope...

Malwave
03-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I agree a Classics 3.0 Jazz and Wheeljack WOULD be cool, but look at it from the perspective of customisers...

which figures did everyone wanna make? Classics Thrust, Jazz and Wheeljack. Many people - including myself - have given up on our Thrust customs due to this. What will happen to everyone who ius currently making or has plans to make Jazz and Wheeljack upgrade kits for classics figures?

XDD still....if they did that, so bought x3

Blurrz
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Heck there could be a ton of excuses to be thrown around from HasTak...Jazz's already got alot of spotlight in the past two Transformers eras, Movie and Animated.. heck he's getting a Human Alliance figure later this... I don't want to name them all the rest, just give us our favourite funky character in his proper form!

Alexander Quinn
03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Hells yes. I wish Hasbro would do a 'Fan's Choice" figure every few waves like they do for the Star Wars line. Maybe then we'd start to see characters like Jazz and Wheeljack get some plastic lovin'.

jjwankenobi
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Heck there could be a ton of excuses to be thrown around from HasTak...Jazz's already got alot of spotlight in the past two Transformers eras, Movie and Animated.. heck he's getting a Human Alliance figure later this... I don't want to name them all the rest, just give us our favourite funky character in his proper form!

Agree with you ginormously!

To me, Jazz is just as essential to the lore as core characters like Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream are, so IMO Hasbro can't play that card. In fact, Jazz's appearance in both the TFA and Movieverse makes him a must have in the Classicsverse.

Stapler
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd love to see Hasbro finish the original Ark crew from season 1 but I can't help but hope we get all the autobot cars and trucks eventually. In particular I want Trailbreaker, Jazz, Wheeljack, Skids, Grapple and Hoist.
I'd also love to see Hasbro recreate all of the minibots in the legends class. Even the ones that already got "upgraded" like Ultra Powerglide and the upcoming Voyager Seaspray. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ultra class Powerglide (and would love to see Warpath get the voyager treatment) but it would still be nice to have them in their minibot sizes to.:)

Echotransformer
03-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I'd love to see Hasbro finish the original Ark crew from season 1 but I can't help but hope we get all the autobot cars and trucks eventually. In particular I want Trailbreaker, Jazz, Wheeljack, Skids, Grapple and Hoist.
I'd also love to see Hasbro recreate all of the minibots in the legends class. Even the ones that already got "upgraded" like Ultra Powerglide and the upcoming Voyager Seaspray. Don't get me wrong, I love my Ultra class Powerglide (and would love to see Warpath get the voyager treatment) but it would still be nice to have them in their minibot sizes to.:)

Well said...all of you are saying exactly what's been on my mind since we saw that red prototype a few months ago which_was_speculated to be either Jazz or Wheeljack.

Sheesh, all we can do is wish.

While we're at it, might I add:

Classicsverse Shockwave (Voyager)
Classicsverse reflector (3-robot alt-combiner)
Frenzy/Rumble (guess they'll have to be something other than a cassette)

Etc. etc.

:):):)

Stapler
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
And Tracks! I can't believe I forgot Tracks. Skids to.:D

Robimus
03-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Jazz is definitely deserving of a new mold but at least the Shattered Glass version exisits to make things easier for Hasbro to release a decent deluxe-sized version in my lifetime.

That Cybertron mold though is just not Jazz, not if one is looking for a close update from both the G1 toy and G1 cartoon.

I'm really surprised that you discarded the Prowl molds if your a fan of G1 as they are each really decent versions of those characters. (Henkei Smokescreen being much superior to Hasbro's).

I like seeing Jazz represented in different lines myself but if they are not going to try and make a G1'ish version they really shouldn't bother with a Classics version in my eyes.

Something like my unifinshed version in this shot would be my hope.

Foxw
03-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Frankly, While Would be cool to see Hasbro/TTomy's take on a classics Jazz,

Oh hell, Once I'm finished my conversion kit then hasbro will release one.

course Already planned out a CL Jazz & a proper CL Wheeljack

*if you want a idea how it going, go bug venkstra*

S.A.A.M.
03-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Until then my Classics/Henkei/Classics 2.0 display will have to exist with a Jazz-shaped hole in it.

heh, heh, heh..."Jazzhole"...

sorry.

Badgertron
03-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Hasbro keeps some of the core cast back, because they need core cast members throughout a toyline to flesh it out with awesomeness. Otherwise, they'd just have to keep releasing the core cast over and over. Thanks to a combination of G1 nostalgia-based merchandise, Animated and the Movie, Jazz is now back in the core rotation of characters. He's definately going to be getting new toys every year or so like the others. One will be a great new Classics Jazz eventually, so just be patient. :)

-BT

Prowl_2009
03-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I pity the fool who don't know Shattered Glass Jazz :D!

http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_(Shattered_Glass)

Ah, thanks for that. :D

Sideswipe
03-09-2010, 12:51 AM
*cough, drift repaint:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/toyfair-2010-0060_1266102414.jpg
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/toyfair-2010-0059_1266102414.jpg

Dragon Knight
03-09-2010, 12:56 AM
*cough, drift repaint:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/toyfair-2010-0060_1266102414.jpg
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/toyfair-2010-0059_1266102414.jpg

That I can totally see as being a Jazz.

jjwankenobi
03-09-2010, 01:52 AM
^^
OK, I can live with Classics 3.0 Jazz not being a Porsche, but he's got to have the front hood as pecs or he's just not right.

Foxw
03-09-2010, 07:02 AM
then Wait till you see my custom Classics Jazz I'm working on jj.. I dare say I think you might just wet yourself :)

Batman
03-09-2010, 08:53 AM
This has been a problem of mine.

I am tired of Hasbro making the Classics line full of mediocre repaints and obscure characters no one gives a damn about.

Why did Silverbolt (who does not combine), Onslaught (who does no combine) and Powerglide (WTF? And is the wrong color) all get ultra class figures? Meanwhile the leader of the Decepticons gets a crappy deluxe toy? I would rather they inject 3 or 4 really good characters and figures into the movie line of classics figures than make it its own line with 20 crappy figures.

Sideswipe
03-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I like Ultra Onslaught. =(

Prowl_2009
03-09-2010, 10:41 AM

Ah man, now I want this guy even more! Every time I see pictures, I just can't wait to add Drift to my collection! :D

And I agree that more central characters need to be added into the Classics 3.0 Line and is something Hasbro should've done from the start. I mean seriously, remove Cheetor and Dinobot and we could've had Jazz and Wheeljack. Forget Silverbolt and a descent Megatron could've been had. Get rid of that crappy Galvatron and we could've had a new Shockwave. This isn't rocket science, Hasbro! :rolleyes:

Malwave
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
then Wait till you see my custom Classics Jazz I'm working on jj.. I dare say I think you might just wet yourself :)

xD trust me on this man...I nearly did seeing the test shots XDD

Prowl_2009
03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
^^ Hmmm, can't wait to see Foxw's finished product. :D

Shockwave 75
03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I agree a Classics 3.0 Jazz and Wheeljack WOULD be cool, but look at it from the perspective of customisers...

which figures did everyone wanna make? Classics Thrust, Jazz and Wheeljack. Many people - including myself - have given up on our Thrust customs due to this. What will happen to everyone who ius currently making or has plans to make Jazz and Wheeljack upgrade kits for classics figures?

XDD still....if they did that, so bought x3
I could really give a rats ass about the customizers!
In fact, I care about them even less than I care about the people who pay rediculous prices for Botcon exclusives!

I am happy as a pig in slop that we are getting Thrust, and I do think that we need a Jazz, and it's stupid that we are getting Drift (cool though he is) before we are getting Jazz.

I know the only reason we haven't gotten him yet is because there already was a Jazz figure in the main lines over the last few years and Hasbro thinks that if there is more than one toy of the same name on the shelves people will get "confused".

Malwave
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I could really give a rats ass about the customizers!
In fact, I care about them even less than I care about the people who pay rediculous prices for Botcon exclusives!

I am happy as a pig in slop that we are getting Thrust, and I do think that we need a Jazz, and it's stupid that we are getting Drift (cool though he is) before we are getting Jazz.

I know the only reason we haven't gotten him yet is because there already was a Jazz figure in the main lines over the last few years and Hasbro thinks that if there is more than one toy of the same name on the shelves people will get "confused".

yikes O_O...^^; I was just arguing from a POV few people thought of looking at it from.

Prowl_2009
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I am happy as a pig in slop that we are getting Thrust, and I do think that we need a Jazz

You and me both, Shockwave, although I am extatic about Drift being released, even though Jazz should've been released first-off.

Stapler
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
To be fair, we did get that Universe 2.0 legends Jazz... But a deluxe figure would be great. I'd actually be more excited for the inevitable Stepper repaint we would get from it. :D

jjwankenobi
03-09-2010, 02:51 PM

xD trust me on this man...I nearly did seeing the test shots XDD

Excuse me while I take Foxw's hook outta my mouth...

OK, so when is the reveal?

Prowl_2009
03-09-2010, 03:27 PM
To be fair, we did get that Universe 2.0 legends Jazz... But a deluxe figure would be great. I'd actually be more excited for the inevitable Stepper repaint we would get from it. :D

LOL, never thought of that. :D

Malwave
03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Excuse me while I take Foxw's hook outta my mouth...

OK, so when is the reveal?

XDD whenever he feels it's time

Shockwave 75
03-09-2010, 04:18 PM
yikes O_O...^^; I was just arguing from a POV few people thought of looking at it from.
Sorry if that came off as overly hostile. It just pisses me off when small segments of the fandom want Hasbro to do or not do something just to please them.

And out of the two; customizers vs BC exclusive owners, the BC exclusive owners have a little more of a right to be upset when something they paid an exorbitant amount of money to have as an exclusive item becomes a mass market release, vs people who scatch built their own.

Mind you, like I said, I really think that both parties should shut up. Both of said items (BC exclusives & customs) will still remain unique despite the existence of a mass release.

Malwave
03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Sorry if that came off as overly hostile. It just pisses me off when small segments of the fandom want Hasbro to do or not do something just to please them.

And out of the two; customizers vs BC exclusive owners, the BC exclusive owners have a little more of a right to be upset when something they paid an exorbitant amount of money to have as an exclusive item becomes a mass market release, vs people who scatch built their own.

Mind you, like I said, I really think that both parties should shut up. Both of said items (BC exclusives & customs) will still remain unique despite the existence of a mass release.

lol well that is true. XDD as most will agree, it's sorta a challenge

"Hasbro made this version, but it looks like crap, so I'll make mine look way better!"

Badgertron
03-09-2010, 06:24 PM
We got so many autobot cars in Universe 2.0 that I"m glad we didn't get Jazz, Tracks & Wheeljack (there, I said it!). THis way, if they release them in Generations/Universe 3.0, people can have some of the main characters in there, instead of complaining that it was nothing but characters that "nobody cares about". And for the record, blame Universe Galvatron on Animated Shockwave.

What I really want from the next classics figures is more characters that we've never had real homages of...mainly G1 primitives. Sludge, Skylynx, some of the beast combiner pieces, more of the animal cassettes, insecticons.

Stapler
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
What I really want from the next classics figures is more characters that we've never had real homages of...mainly G1 primitives. Sludge, Skylynx, some of the beast combiner pieces, more of the animal cassettes, insecticons.

I'm with ya there! I was always more partial to the primitive type transformers so new versions of them would be a dream come true. I'm still dreaming of the 4 remaining dinobots getting the Classics treatment. I'd also love to see Hasbro make a supreme class version of one of the G1 baseformers to give a home to my legends figures.:)

ChrisW
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm hoping to get the remaining 1984 cars in the Generations line. Jazz could get his own mold with a Stepper/Ricochet repaint and a silver repaint (Camshaft?) like the Animated and Binaltech versions. Wheeljack could share a mold with Tracks and Overdrive - all 3 are winged cars. I'd also like to see a new Snarl with a Slugfest repaint, and a new Slag (renamed, most likely) with a Knockdown repaint. Swoop -> Terrorsaur seems easy, though I don't know what to do with Sludge.

Stapler
03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm hoping to get the remaining 1984 cars in the Generations line. Jazz could get his own mold with a Stepper/Ricochet repaint and a silver repaint (Camshaft?) like the Animated and Binaltech versions. Wheeljack could share a mold with Tracks and Overdrive - all 3 are winged cars. I'd also like to see a new Snarl with a Slugfest repaint, and a new Slag (renamed, most likely) with a Knockdown repaint. Swoop -> Terrorsaur seems easy, though I don't know what to do with Sludge.
As for Snarl's new name, how about Spike/Spikes? Or they could just go with Stryker of Slapper like in the Armada days.

Saur, maybe? Or perhaps retool him with wings and call him Crytech? Actually, I'd love to see all the dinobots get an ice themed repaint.:D

jackalprime
03-09-2010, 07:56 PM
I could live with Jazz's "upgrade" from a Porsche 935 to a Bugatti Veyron...it even fits the updated vibe of the whole Classics line anyways.

Make the Autobot symbols red, eliminate the "Massacre Racing" and "Kill To Win" decals (heck, I'll take 'Meister' if they can't use 'Martini')...et voila! It's that easy, Hasbro!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/1/1d/Jazz_2008BotCon.jpg (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/1/1d/Jazz_2008BotCon.jpg)

i dont see it. this guy is WAY out of proportion. he looks like dolly parton

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 12:08 AM
LOL, I said "Famous titles, Mr. Connery." :p

jjwankenobi
03-10-2010, 01:06 AM
"Suck it, Trebek."

-in Sean Connery's slurred Scotsman-speak.

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 10:43 AM
LOL, ah man I miss those SNL skits. :D A few days before Christmas this year, me and my brother-in-law watched them all. So funny! :p

SirToys
03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
There's always Oversize Classics Legends KO Jazz (http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Classics/Legends/Oversize) :)

http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/photos/Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Classics/Legends/Oversize/DSC05693_OS_Legends_Hound.jpg

QuadESL63
03-10-2010, 11:35 AM
A Classic 3.0 Wheeljack would be nice, together with the rest of the Dinobots.

On the other hand, I'd love to see more Decepticons... may be something like the Reflector team (as a DSLR :p), Runabout + Runamuck, etc.?

Malwave
03-10-2010, 11:53 AM
OR a Classics Predaking?

Maybe they'll reissue Wheeljack as a commemorative like Preceptor or Soundwave? :D

and on a side note where can I find that oversized Jazz? :O

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
There's always Oversize Classics Legends KO Jazz (http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Classics/Legends/Oversize) :)

http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/photos/Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Classics/Legends/Oversize/DSC05693_OS_Legends_Hound.jpg

LOL, now there is a worthy substitute! :D

QuadESL63
03-10-2010, 12:23 PM
OR a Classics Predaking?

How about a properly done G1 style Devastator/Constructicons?

UltraPrimal
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM
*cough*
http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/Binaltech/Mapaltconvoy2jazz.jpg (http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/convoy2jazz.php)
*cough*;)

Malwave
03-10-2010, 12:36 PM

oooooooooor a properly done G1-style Devastator xD I can deal with that (now).

must...find.....JAZZ :O

need....to....kitbash!

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 01:33 PM

Now that I like! :cool:

jjwankenobi
03-10-2010, 01:37 PM
*cough*
http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/Binaltech/Mapaltconvoy2jazz.jpg (http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/convoy2jazz.php)
*cough*;)

oooh...Scatman Crothers reincarnated, is that you!?!

That's the first time an Alternity Class figure has appealed to me, ya dig?

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Very cool! Where can I get one? :D

jjwankenobi
03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Very cool! Where can I get one? :D

Looks like it's 3 step procedure:

Buy a Silver Convoy Alternity
Buy the ReproLabel package http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/convoy2jazz.php
Apply stickers and admire
Too big to fit in with my Classics, though.

C'mon Hasbro, papa needs a new Jazz!

Richter
03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Looks like it's 3 step procedure:

Buy a Silver Convoy Alternity
Buy the ReproLabel package http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/convoy2jazz.php
Apply stickers and admire

Too big to fit in with my Classics, though.

Actually alternities are about the same scale as classics
Maybe even a hair smaller

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Here, Here! :D