PDA

View Full Version : Alex Milne and Ages Three and Up at Hollywood North Entertainment Expo this weekend

Super_Megatron
03-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Ages Three and Up (http://www.agesthreeandup.com/), is preparing for the 1st annual Hollywood North Entertainment Expo (http://www.hollywoodnorthexpo.com/) on Sunday, March 7th, 2010, taking place at the National Nikkei Museum & Heritage Centre in Burnaby, British Columbia from 11am to 6pm.

The Hollywood North Entertainment Expo showcases Anime, comics, gaming and Science-Fiction, with special guest appearances from the industry, including Alex Milne, Pia Guerra, Ian Boothby, Camilla D'errico and other great guests.

Ages Three and Up will have a few tables showcasing some of the products from their online store and some other goodies. So if you live around the Vancouver area and want a day of pure anime, comics and Transformer geekery, come on down... it'll be fun.

Also, for those of you haven't checked, A3U has new and re-stocked items in their retail and online stores. Read on for the notable items (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?p=216492#post216492).

Super_Megatron
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
* TFC-004 Henkei Weapons add-on (these weapons look awesome... especially for henkei
or classic inferno)
* TFC EX-002B Shadow Rollar
* TFC EX-002B Battle Rollar
* Fans Project City Commander with TFX-03 add-on set
* Fans Project TF Crossfire Aerial Appendage Kit
* Fans Project G3 Trailer
* Fans Project TFX ABT-01 Alternator / Binaltech Prime Transforming Gun and Matrix set
* BTS G3 Nemesis Prime Command Center with Attack Drone
* Encore 16 Re-stock - Bruticus
* Encore 17 Re-stock - Cassettes (Ratbat, Slugfest, Steeljaw, and Ramhorn)
* Encore 19 Re-stock - Cassettes (Frenzy, Rumble, Overkill and Laserbeak)
* WST Grimlock Re-stock
* Masterpiece King Grimlock Re-stock

encline
03-05-2010, 12:23 AM
anyone going to this?!! I may need to hitch a ride from the ferry

Robimus
03-05-2010, 12:49 AM
If you don't yet have a commision from Alex head out and get one. If you already have one then get out there and get another.:D

blitz
03-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Hmmm, I want to get some prints from Alex Milne.

MacDougs
03-05-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm definitely going to this. I needs me an Alex Milne original. Everything else will just be gravy.

TFtoys
03-05-2010, 06:32 AM
how come we only know this at March....this seems bigger than Vcon

Lysist
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, I know what I am doing on Sunday :)

JLvatron
03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
If you don't yet have a commision from Alex head out and get one. If you already have one then get out there and get another.:D

Words of wisdom!:)

jjwankenobi
03-05-2010, 02:28 PM
I hope Alex will be selling the TFCON 2009 Classics/Henkei/Classics 2.0-themed poster there.

Lysist
03-05-2010, 02:45 PM
I hope Alex will be selling the TFCON 2009 Classics/Henkei/Classics 2.0-themed poster there.

Why didn't I think of that:eek:...Damn it...and I am in saving mode.

MacDougs
03-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Alex made a recent post on his deviantart page about going to the convention and some details about the prints and sketches he'll be selling. There was no mention of the Universe Divided litho, but it could always be a surprise.

markerguru
03-06-2010, 01:52 AM
i personally won't be selling them at the con. the person who run the convention is buy a few off of me, so he might be selling them at the show??? not sure, but we can hope :)

Badgertron
03-06-2010, 04:28 AM
how come we only know this at March....this seems bigger than Vcon

Funny you should mention VCON, as I work for 'em & I haven't even heard about this event either. I'm wondering how these guys advertised...maybe my head's just been under a rock lately. To be fair, some of those guests aren't really that hard to get, either.

-BT

pud333
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Aw man, this is right in my backyard. I want to go, but is this primarily a TF Expo, or can I expect some vendors there that will be selling superhero toys? Or is this more of a comic thing? Cause I'm mostly looking for Superhero stuff these days...

MacDougs
03-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Aw man, this is right in my backyard. I want to go, but is this primarily a TF Expo, or can I expect some vendors there that will be selling superhero toys? Or is this more of a comic thing? Cause I'm mostly looking for Superhero stuff these days...

Nobody really knows yet. Hopefully it'll be a little bit of everything.

pud333
03-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks. Maybe I'll drive by and go in if it looks decent.

WhiteRabbit
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Just to let everyone know, I'll be there too with Alex.

Feel free to bring by copies of Spotlight: Jazz, AHM v3, RoS TPB or what have you if you want 'em ruined forever. :)

-Shaun K

Megatron
03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Checked it out picked up an MP grimlock. They had a video viewing room and about 10 tables with vendors. Went in checked it out it was fun. Hope they do it again next year

Thanks guys and gals

jjwankenobi
03-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Bummer...the event organizer (Paul ?) had some of Alex's Universe Divided Litho's for sale at $20 each. Went in search of a bank machine since I only had $10 on me after paying admission but my 3 year old son fell asleep in the car...

Damn...so close yet so far!!!

MacDougs
03-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Bummer...the event organizer (Paul ?) had some of Alex's Universe Divided Litho's for sale at $20 each. Went in search of a bank machine since I only had $10 on me after paying admission but my 3 year old son fell asleep in the car...

Damn...so close yet so far!!!

Too bad you missed out. I was the first one to jump on board for that sweet deal. I would've paid twice that, and that's not factoring in Alex's autograph.

jjwankenobi
03-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Too bad you missed out. I was the first one to jump on board for that sweet deal. I would've paid twice that, and that's not factoring in Alex's autograph.

Well...you have me to thank for that...indirectly, that is.

I noticed the litho was nowhere to be found so I asked Alex if there were any available. He directed me to Paul Lau who organized the whole event.

Paul had forgotten about the 50+ lithos that were in the trunk of his car. He ran out to get them and I mentioned I would be back with more cash (only had $10 on me and they were $20). I never returned on account of my son who fell asleep while I drove around looking for a bank machine.

Subsequently, I emailed Paul and he's got 25 or so signed lithos remaining that he's selling out of Core Games at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby.

You're welcome ;)!

MacDougs
03-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Well...you have me to thank for that...indirectly, that is.

I noticed the litho was nowhere to be found so I asked Alex if there were any available. He directed me to Paul Lau who organized the whole event.

Paul had forgotten about the 50+ lithos that were in the trunk of his car. He ran out to get them and I mentioned I would be back with more cash (only had $10 on me and they were $20). I never returned on account of my son who fell asleep while I drove around looking for a bank machine.

Subsequently, I emailed Paul and he's got 25 or so signed lithos remaining that he's selling out of Core Games at Brentwood Mall in Burnaby.

You're welcome ;)!

Actually I knew beforehand because of the post Alex made. I knew who Paul was so I asked when he popped by the table and he went and grabbed them. Maybe we both asked around the same time? At first when I asked about the "Universe Divided Litho" he thought I was talking about a figure. :confused:

TFtoys
03-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Checked it out picked up an MP grimlock. They had a video viewing room and about 10 tables with vendors. Went in checked it out it was fun. Hope they do it again next year

Thanks guys and gals

hope they do it again next month:), so I could get something.