PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Wave 8 Released at Canadian Retail

Code of Honor
03-04-2010, 03:48 AM
The next wave of deluxe Transformers Revenge of The Fallen 2010 figures has been found by Goaliebot at a Toys R Us in Kitchener, Ontario. New in this wave are Autobot Ratchet (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-autobots-383/autobot-ratchet-3701/), Brawn (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-autobots-383/brawn-3807/), Lockdown (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-decepticons-384/lockdown-3695/) and Strike Mission Sideswipe (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-autobots-383/sideswipe-strike-mission-3930/).

See where these, and other Transformers products, are being sighted in our Canadian Transformers Sightings forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4).

Nemesis Predaking
03-04-2010, 03:58 AM
Must ...... find........ LOCKDOWN !!!!!

Megatron666
03-04-2010, 05:02 AM
i have lockdown, i ordered him from a comic book store and man do i recommand this guy, going to pick up maybe 1 or 2 more and keep them sealed up. the best so far in the entire line.

Ultra Maverick
03-04-2010, 09:24 AM
This is great news, can't wait to get Lockdown!

I picked up Brawn about two weeks ago at a comic shop, great figure, even if he is a bit of a shellformer.

Mumps
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
I payed $22ea for lockdown and Brawn at a local toy show, and... They are worth it! Especially Lockdown. Easily one of the top 3 TF's in both the Movie and Classics/Universe line

Goaliebot
03-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I was SO excited to spot Strike Mission Sideswipe, knowing what wave he is part of and how much I want Brawn, Ratchet, and Lockdown.

And I was SO dissapointed to find none of the other three. :(

Ah well, at least they are out! Unless it was some kind of bizarre bought-in-US-returned-in-Canada thing. Doubt it though, we're 2 hours from the border here.

Robimus
03-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Lockdown and Brawn both look cool. I don't know if I'll get them though.

Prowl_2009
03-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Hmm, still need to get the previous wave in my area. :mad: But, still want Lockdown and Brawn! :D

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I was SO excited to spot Strike Mission Sideswipe, knowing what wave he is part of and how much I want Brawn, Ratchet, and Lockdown.

Ah well, at least they are out! Unless it was some kind of bizarre bought-in-US-returned-in-Canada thing. Doubt it though, we're 2 hours from the border here.

Hmm, I wonder if this is FALSE NEWS on this one. Not Goaliebot's fault, but just as he says, check out the packaging, it is ENGLISH ONLY (look at the conversion difficulty part in the top left corner), which means this is an AMERICAN release. Think that's the first time I ever saw a buy in US - return in Canada happen. Unless there is some other bizarre explanation to the English-only.

GMfan
03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Not the first time we've gotten English only packaging....when the wave 4 and 5 deluxes just popped up for that $11 sale many stores had American packaging....I got my Blazemaster card still to prove it :P

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Ok so it could be fine then?

GMfan
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Could be...it's about time these popped up anyways, been about a month since the last wave popped up...I'm sure a few other reports will trickle in before the flood.

Mumps
03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Lockdown and Brawn both look cool. I don't know if I'll get them though.
Do you have Animated Lockdown? Do you like it?

Cause this version is 100x better, in every way!
The only con this figure has IMO is his claw needs to be a bit more posable.

Team Jetfire
03-04-2010, 01:52 PM
YAY!

3 out of 4 will be mine.

The forth will be mine, if there is a sale.

Goaliebot
03-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Hmm, I wonder if this is FALSE NEWS on this one. Not Goaliebot's fault, but just as he says, check out the packaging, it is ENGLISH ONLY (look at the conversion difficulty part in the top left corner), which means this is an AMERICAN release. Think that's the first time I ever saw a buy in US - return in Canada happen. Unless there is some other bizarre explanation to the English-only.

It gave me pause for a second too, but the 2010 Wave 1 deluxes (Dirge, etc) were English only too from what I could tell.

I did once read about someone on these boards returning a Wreckgar to a Canadian TRU that they'd bought in the US, so it does happen, but less likely up here this far from the border...

I hope it's the real deal - I really want 3/4 of this wave! :D

Mighty_Galvatron
03-04-2010, 03:48 PM

Check the stock again today if you can - its probably someone didn't finish stalking the pegs last night for whatever reason. They might be there right now.

Uberman
03-04-2010, 03:51 PM
There was a single stripey NEST Bumblebee floating around the TRU here for about a week and a half before I saw Dirge or anyone else from his wave. But they did come. So that's cool.

What we need now is Walmart to get them and have another 9 bucks or less rollback. That'd be the sweetest plum.

down_shift
03-04-2010, 05:42 PM
i have lockdown, i ordered him from a comic book store and man do i recommand this guy, going to pick up maybe 1 or 2 more and keep them sealed up. the best so far in the entire line.

Not the first time we've gotten English only packaging....when the wave 4 and 5 deluxes just popped up for that $11 sale many stores had American packaging....I got my Blazemaster card still to prove it :P

True. Sq1 & Heartland walmarts usually have a good supply of US carded figures warming shelves. Even wave 7's like Dirge were on US card.

Plus, Goaliebot is a trusted member and loyal poster here. I for one have no reason not to belive him.

jacobot
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
TRU has been going back and forth with Canada&U.S. Star Wars packaging too ;)

Cheers Ian
03-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Before you guys get too excited about this, I'm pretty sure that this figure was a weird US return thing. I checked out the Kitchener Toys R Us after work where the Sideswipe is.

The packaging was only in English (US packaging) and was pretty badly beat up, it looked like the card had been bent in two at one point.

Someone may have ordered the whole set from BBTS or somewhere and exchanged that figure for one they wanted.

I could be wrong, but it seems really fishy to me that

A) There was only one new figure of the wave and no multiples, usually when we get new waves stores tend to get several cases.
B) It was in a damaged US package.

Cheers!
-Ian

OneShallFall
03-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Brawn has the awesome.

Lockdown looks weird,kinda like animatedish.

Sideswipe again...

Nocturn
03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Two Definite Buys.

CBII
03-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Brawn looks interesting. Might have to get him and ditch Gears.

Mighty_Galvatron
03-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Lockdown looks weird,kinda like animatedish.

Really? :eek::rolleyes:;)

I can also confirm that Sideswipe was there - I was just there...and I can confirm the radical bend in the card.

So who's placing bets that THAT Sideswipe will be a peg-warmer?

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Plus, Goaliebot is a trusted member and loyal poster here. I for one have no reason not to belive him.

The question wouldn't be believing that he saw it there, the question would be whether someone else did a buy/return and he came across it. Sounds like US packaging is normal enough, but as cky_ibm (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/member.php?u=3418) outlines above, the circumstances seem a little weird.

Cheers Ian
03-05-2010, 09:57 PM
^^Yep, things just don't add up.

The figure is there, but it's just too weird that there's only one single figure from a new wave and the package looks like it's been through the ringer. How would a freshly unpacked toy get that beat up in such a short period.

Cheers!
-Ian

Goaliebot
03-06-2010, 07:18 PM
I would be very sad if this was indeed a giant cosmic misdirection in the form of a US return. All I can do is report that I saw him there for sale, took a pic, and reported back. :(

Mighty_Galvatron
03-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I looked at where the instructions are kept for that Sideswipe figure and I swear that there was some sort of "NEST" sticker that comes in the box.:confused:

Star 56
03-07-2010, 05:00 PM
i hope this is not a us return becuase i am looking forward to lockdown and ratchet

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-10-2010, 01:24 AM
I think at this point it's probably safe to say these aren't out at CDN retail yet.

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Was thinking the same thing, something tells me this was a US return, I mean it's one toy from a new wave and it looks like it had the crap beaten out of it.

This is too bad, if this is the case, because I finally got the previous wave here in the Newmarket area, and was really looking forward to starting the hunt for Brawn and Lockdown! :rolleyes:

Ah well, good things come to those who wait, or so they say.

Goaliebot
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Once again I am the butt of a cosmic joke. A US return from a wave we're expecting any day now, over two hours from the border.

I am a sad panda. :(

Paradigm-Shift Prime
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Don't feel bad Goaliebot, it's not your fault. Sometimes the TF Gods sometimes just like playing around with us a bit.

The wave should likely be out fairly soon anyways.

GMfan
03-10-2010, 01:03 PM
They should be everywhere soon, comic shops in TO have this wave too. I'm a little surprised they aren't out yet...

Bah well, ace reporting there Gord!

Prowl_2009
03-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Was thinking the same thing myself, they should've been out by now. :rolleyes:

And no worries, Goaliebot, my experience collecting Transformers over the years here in Canada has shown me it's all in the hands of the Primes and we just need to smile and wait for the figures to show up here whenever they do. :p

Mighty_Galvatron
03-11-2010, 07:22 AM
They should be everywhere soon, comic shops in TO have this wave too. I'm a little surprised they aren't out yet...

HA Barricade too!!

Prowl_2009
03-11-2010, 10:02 AM
^^ Oh yeah! Dying to get my hands on him! :D

Robimus
03-20-2010, 03:10 AM
These are now out in MB at Walmart. USA packaging.

ang3l3s
03-20-2010, 03:41 AM
only seen dirge and bb so far at wal mart

Prowl_2009
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Haven't seen Wave 8 pieces yet, heck my area is suffering from a shortage of Deluxe Armorhide as it is, my brother has seen the only one in our area and it is now in my TF collection! ;)

Can't wait for Lockdown and Brawn though. :D

jacobot
03-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Finally eh

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Sweet,now I have to find Lockdown...course the Bradford Wal-Mart is a little slow on their stocks:rolleyes:

Prowl_2009
03-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Sweet,now I have to find Lockdown...course the Bradford Wal-Mart is a little slow on their stocks:rolleyes:

LOL, slow is an understatment, they just got the Dirge wave like this week. :rolleyes:

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-20-2010, 06:51 PM
LOL, slow is an understatment, they just got the Dirge wave like this week. :rolleyes:

I know.I just got him and Armorhide this afternoon(Still need to get Gears since I forgot what he looked like in Robot Mode)Oh Bradford Wal-Mart,you and your very slow stock.:rolleyes: