PDA

View Full Version : Shipping TFs from China??

OneShallFall
02-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I might be purchasing a couple figures off of Evilbay that are located in China.What kinds of experiences have you guys had(if any)?And why are things so cheap from there(KO's)?These figures seem to be HasTak,but are way cheap.

And side note what do you think of the Special Edition Prime?

Thanks for any info.

werd.

sarmick01
02-20-2010, 04:19 PM
I've ordered from the same guy a couple times and got all the stuff I ordered. It took about 2 weeks, but otherwise ok. I've gotten a few WST Primes and some seeker jets.

OneShallFall
02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I've ordered from the same guy a couple times and got all the stuff I ordered. It took about 2 weeks, but otherwise ok. I've gotten a few WST Primes and some seeker jets.

This guy? seller-digital (http://myworld.ebay.ca/seller-digital/)

Just want to be sure,you know?Ebay is hit or miss.
His feedback seems ok for the amount he has sold.Just a little far away from home for me.

terrordrone
02-20-2010, 04:23 PM
the shipping tends to be fast.

But ya gotta make sure they PROMISE to put those packing pads/styrofoam stuff in the box. I once got a box from there that wasnt filled with padding. oh the disappointment.

and make they PROMISE not to include Communist propaganda pamplets or use local newspaper as padding that is riddled with pinko slogans.

Slogans like "WORKERS have no right to Property - only the STATE DOES".

Wait...that sounds a lot like the Capitalist scheme too: "The STATE must protect Private Property of those pigs that can afford it even if it means suppressing the workers who generate the wealth for the pigs."

(bitter, bitter man)

OneShallFall
02-20-2010, 04:24 PM
the shipping tends to be fast.

But ya gotta make sure they PROMISE to put those packing pads/styrofoam stuff in the box. I once got a box from there that wasnt filled with padding. oh the disappointment.

and make they PROMISE not to include Communist propaganda pamplets or use local newspaper as padding that is riddled with pinko slogans.

Slogans like "WORKERS have no right to Property - only the STATE DOES".

Wait...that sounds a lot like the Capitalist scheme too: "The STATE must protect Private Property of those pigs that can afford it even if it means suppressing the workers who generate the wealth for the pigs."

(bitter, bitter man)

Are you serious?? :confused:

terrordrone
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Are you serious?? :confused:

if Canada Customs opens the boxes and finds that stuff, you will get a nice visit from the RCMP soon enough.

OH I AM KIDDING

.....or am I?

OneShallFall
02-20-2010, 04:28 PM
if Canada Customs opens the boxes and finds that stuff, you will get a nice visit from the RCMP soon enough.

OH I AM KIDDING

.....or am I?

LMFAO!!!! Nice.

sarmick01
02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
No, that's not the guy. His user name is Heerotoys. I think they are KO's, but they are nice.

Matrix_Holder
02-20-2010, 04:33 PM
I checked out the seller seller-digital (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?&customid=afnews&toolid=10001&campid=5335815859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fmyworld.ebay.ca%2Fseller-digital%2F) , why is most of his TF's free shipping to Canada? The special editions of classics megatron and prime are $25 and free shipping??? sometimes if it sounds too good to be true, you usually get screwed over. Tread cautiously friend and pay with paypal.

edit, lol. not that guy, that's good.

Matrix_Holder
02-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I got a shipment from KOtoys, it came in a Chinese pizza box with pink packing peanuts, lol.

OneShallFall
02-20-2010, 05:19 PM
I checked out the seller seller-digital (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?&customid=afnews&toolid=10001&campid=5335815859&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fmyworld.ebay.ca%2Fseller-digital%2F) , why is most of his TF's free shipping to Canada? The special editions of classics megatron and prime are $25 and free shipping??? sometimes if it sounds too good to be true, you usually get screwed over. Tread cautiously friend and pay with paypal.

edit, lol. not that guy, that's good.

That is what I was thinking.

That is what I wanted to purchase.Does anyone have any input on the Special Edition Prime?
Is he worth paying the extra to buy him from someone else?Thanks

sarmick01
02-20-2010, 05:28 PM
If you're talking about the one that is the same as the one that came in the 2-pack with Megatron, than I think it's a piece of crap. I didn't like the transformation as well as the fact that the body never stayed straight. It was always twisted a bit at the waist. The Megs tank was even worse.

Bruticus82
02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't think much of the prime/megs special editions either. If you were talking about dragstrip and overkill maybe, but not the prime/megs... in my humble opinion.

Protoman
02-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Honestly, the box it gets shipped in, everytime from China, comes BEAT UP. Just hope they pad out your product well. Also your more likely to get charged DUTY or some kind of extra fee at the post office. Otherwise they ship rather quickly.

OneShallFall
02-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Thank you all very much. It seemed too good to be true to me and it seems it might me.

As for the figure itself maybe I will just wait for one more local and decide then.Your opinions may have saved me from a big mistake.Again thank you.

Malwave
02-20-2010, 07:27 PM
well, I've only ordered one figure from China...shipped in about 2 weeks easy, no hastle.

All really depends on who you buy from man; this guy had 100% feedback on eBay so I trusted him ^^

mrluthor
02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
I have ordered official real Transformers and knock off Transformers from China several times through ebay and websites like kotoys.com or chimungmung.com. They usually ship very quickly it seems to take about 3 weeks or faster to get your item from China. They can get the item cheaper since they are not paying alot for the cost of transportation charges we see here hidden in the cost of the item. The last item I ordered from China took 12 days to get a real Nintendo Wii controller plus nunchuck controller for $15.00 with shipping only $5.00. I figure I saved about $60 buying that item from China. When buying from China off ebay always check the sellers feedback before buying.

Pascal
02-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Also your more likely to get charged DUTY or some kind of extra fee at the post office.

As the guy who has purchased tons and tons of samples and various other toys from China, I can tell you I've never ever paid any extra fee.

Shockwave 75
02-21-2010, 04:30 PM
While I would echo the "buyer beware" sentiment, I bought my Star Convoy from this guy (http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/Yong-he-toys) with free shipping.
Looking at his store all the stuff is free shipping.

It came quickly, well packed, and un-damaged.

brr-icy
02-21-2010, 05:38 PM
No, that's not the guy. His user name is Heerotoys. I think they are KO's, but they are nice.

i have bought from him, yeah they are kos, but high quality

Prime Roller
02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I lived in China for over four years and can tell you that there are a lot of good deals. Also a lot of obvious KOs, but always sold in the markets and stuff -- not in the toy specialty shops. This however is not always the case if the KO is not an obvious one.

I would caution you to consider that there may be a different kind of thinking involved with some people when making a money transaction. To explain what that totally means in this cultural context would take me writing up an academic journal on the topic. I'll just say, be sure the person can be held liable for what they told you about the product, like if it is a KO or not (actually it would be better to use the wording 'official Hasbro/Takara product', because it may not be understood that a high quality company like Justitoys also produces what is considered KOs). Perhaps there will be a language barrier, but try to get it in writing on an official receipt with the companies official government registered stamp on it.

I've gotten incredible deals on items that were originally rejected due to some quality issue. I got to know the owner of a shop that often had such items (sometimes a year before they were released in mass retail -- so I usually had no idea what they even were at the time of purchase!), and I'd bring my small tool kit and swap out for all the best pieces I could find.

So there are a lot of fakes of all degrees, and also a lot of good deals on official items. You just need to cover your own ass and make it so it will either be embarrassing or an immediate monetary loss to the seller if he doesn't comply with doing it by the book. And asking for the things I mentioned above would not be out of line, and should be no problem for the seller to do if things are on the up and up.

hope that helps even if only in some small way.

Batman
02-22-2010, 08:39 PM
I bought a ROTF Buster Prime and Jetfire two pack from China off of ebay. Prime came with two left feet and I can't do shit about it. I ended up buying another loose Buster Prime from someone else. I should have just ponied up the extra $30 and bought the damn thing from TFsource or BBTS, at least they could have replaced it.

Pascal
02-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Did you get it from TFC Toys? Have you asked him for a replacement/refund? I once had a faulty Classics Hound and he replaced it no problem.

Richter
02-23-2010, 01:33 AM
I've bought a lot of stuff from china. Never had a problem. In fact the only ebay problems I've had are with greedy american sellers.

I have had QC problems with stuff bought from robot kingdom and they don't communicate at all, so no replacement there.

Stuff from china generally comes pretty beat up, but most sellers are aware of this and pack it nicely.

Now if you ever buy anything from Japan... man do they know how to pack stuff for shipping. It's almost like a work of art, kinda feel bad even opening it.

Pascal
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Yeah, it's like they have custom boxes & packing materials made for each and every order/customer.