PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TF memory

chovner
02-18-2010, 02:06 PM
What was your best Transformer related memory? (i'm bored at work and need something to get me through the day, this post is it :|... sad i know)

My best memory was in 3rd grade when i made best friends with this guy Eric. I went to his house one day after school for the 1st time to play and when we went to his room i saw a box the size of Mr.Dressups tickle trunk.... FULL OF TRANSFORMERS!!! We're still reall good friends many many many many years later. His parents called him a couple weeks ago telling him to come over to pick up some of his stuff they were holding for him in storage while he moved into his new place.... He thought they got rid of all his old toys when he moved out and didn't take them, but they didn't... He recently re-acquired his Transformer tickly trunk... FULL. i wish i still lived in Montreal so i can go over and help him make a fortune on ebay.

CBII
02-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one bored at work.

Let's see...In grade 1 I think? A kid brought his Ultra Magnus into class. We got to play with it at recess. After school I told my mom all about. I later asked for it for christmas and was dissappointed....

Must recent favorite memory was the first time I seen reissues at TRU while in the states.

Prowl_2009
02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
You guys are board at work too, huh? :p

My favorite Transformers related memory actually happened just this past October. It was a few days before my wedding and I was beyond tired and stressed out with everything that needed to be done for the big day. I hadn't had time to go out Transformers hunting for awhile and I was a tad depressed. Well, after everything had calmed down a few hours after, around 11:30 PM, I think, I go to walk up to my bedroom to grab my jacket and there I found the Toys R Us reissue Insecticons, that I had been trying to get for the past month. They were part of a 2-part wedding gift from my brother that also included a PS3! :D

Ah good memories!!! :D

Magnus
02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
You guys are board at work too, huh? :p

My favorite Transformers related memory actually happened just this past October. It was a few days before my wedding and I was beyond tired and stressed out with everything that needed to be done for the big day. I hadn't had time to go out Transformers hunting for awhile and I was a tad depressed. Well, after everything had calmed down a few hours after, around 11:30 PM, I think, I go to walk up to my bedroom to grab my jacket and there I found the Toys R Us reissue Insecticons, that I had been trying to get for the past month. They were part of a 2-part wedding gift from my brother that also included a PS3! :D

Ah good memories!!! :D

Dude, that's awesome!!!

my fav memory is easily when my parents got me Jetfire/Skyfire for my birthday way back when. It is by far the toy that I played with the most!

Good times.

Runner-up is me getting my hands on my first Ultra Magnus in 2007 when I started collecting!! WHOOHOO!!!

Ozrein
02-18-2010, 03:40 PM
One of my first TF memories is getting G1 Megatron when I was around 8. My Dad and Uncle (who was visiting, I'm still unsure why I got Megatron, if it was from my Aunt and Uncle or what), anyway they sent me upstairs while they tried to figure out how to TF it, an hour later they finally called me down. They gave it to me to try and I had it TF'd in a few minutes.

But I'd say my favorite memory is when I opened up a HUGE (to me at the time, around 10 or 11) box on Christmas day to find all five individually boxed Predacons. Needless to say I was one happy boy that christmas.

Prowl_2009
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
My runner up memory though has to be when my dad came back from a business trip to Kentucky and got me a G1 Prowl as a gift, thus starting my love affair with all things Transformers outside of the cartoon! :D

I remember like it was yesterday! I woke up on an awesome summer Saturday to find G1 Prowl sitting at the end of my bed in a K-Mart bag! I loved the guy to pieces and played with him all the time. He's long gone now, thanks to the move of 1994 (I only had him for five years :( ), but what great memories I had with that little Datsun 280ZX cop car!!! :D

jjwankenobi
02-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Best TF memory hands down was when my newborn son and wife bought me Classics Jetfire in 2007 for Father's Day.

Second runner up: When my dad brought back a red Diaclone/Microman version of Tracks from his trip through Asia in 1985.

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
I always remember that my dad used to watch the first season of Beast Wars with me,then my cousin for Season 2 and 3,and Beast Machines.Awesome times.

chovner
02-18-2010, 04:23 PM
i just realized that i'll be getting a gift this father's day... My wife/infant child better know what Transformer to get me... :|... I'll leave that to you Rob.

Unicrons_Domain
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
When I was a kid, I was at a huge yard sale that was on for 3 days when on the 3rd day, 2 boxes filled with TF's just showed up. Needless to say I was able to pick up 4 or 5 tf's with my allowance for very little money. G1 Metroplex, galvatron, hunn-grr, ultra magnus etc. :D

Malwave
02-18-2010, 04:39 PM
I guess my FAVOURITE memory has to be a tie between watching "Coming of the Fuzors" for the first time (yay Solverbolt! X3)...and going on a date to see the first Transformers movie

(needless to say, never got to the second date xD)

Prowl_2009
02-18-2010, 04:46 PM
When I was a kid, I was at a huge yard sale that was on for 3 days when on the 3rd day, 2 boxes filled with TF's just showed up. Needless to say I was able to pick up 4 or 5 tf's with my allowance for very little money. G1 Metroplex, galvatron, hunn-grr, ultra magnus etc. :D

Sweet!!! :D

Scrapper6
02-18-2010, 05:35 PM
I'd have to say it was finding BW II Lio Convoy and Takara's BW Tigatron (Show Accurate Snow White Version.) at Galaxy Comics... I forget what year it was, but that has to be one of my favorite Transformers moments of all time. Not only did I have one of the coolest Ultra sized figures of all time, but Tigatron looks way better in a show accurate color scheme.

Ultra Maverick
02-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Ok, so I'm going for cheesiest moment....

I was about 18, and I was visiting my father's place. We had gone to a mall in the afternoon and I found a couple of Transformers episode for sale on VHS, so I picked them up remembering what a big fan I was as a kid.

Later when I was watching the episodes in the livingroom my father came in and started reciting the episode word for word!
I couldn't believe it, but he said that I had watched that particular episode almost every weekend, that everytime I went to the video store with him I wanted to get that tape.

So that's mine!

Prowl_2009
02-18-2010, 06:33 PM
LOL, the lure of Transformers, huh? :)

OneShallFall
02-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Seeing the looks on my childrens faces when my wife and I took them to watch ROTF in the theater.I have fond memories from my youth,but this one takes the cake.

chovner
02-18-2010, 07:01 PM
One of my other favorite moments was when my buddy at work showed me this Subaru Impreza car he bought the night before. I looked at it and thought it was cool, but nothing special, then he opened his bag and showed me the box it came in and it felt like my hair had pulled my eyelids over it.

"This fucking transforms??? This is a Transformers?? What the shit?"
And that started my Alternators obsession..

Shepp
02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Well, here is my strongest Transformers memory ever.

The day that the final episode of G1 aired on TV. I didn't know it was going to be the final episode. But there's more.

I was with my father when he worked for the local cable tv company. We were in the cable van, he was setting up stuff for feeds for a parade that day. He knew what time it was and he set the one tv to the channel Transformers aired on. I watched the first half of the episode, and it was pretty exciting for a 5 year old.

Then, about halfway through, he had to turn it off to finish setting up. It was such a tease. I did complain and argued against it, but he told me the parade was going to be coming by soon and he had to set it to the right station. He also told me I would see it again on tv.

To my knowledge, for the rest of my childhood, the Rebirth episodes of G1 Transformers were never aired in my area. I kept asking my father when they would be showing that episode, which he didn't know. I kept asking up until G1 no longer aired at all. But still that memory stayed with me.

It wasn't until I tracked down the last volume of the G1 Rhino DVD set that I was able to see how G1 ended. It took over 20 years of waiting, but I had finally finished the G1 series and fulfilled a lifelong dream.

Protoman
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
It will forever be burned into my mind and this image will forever make my heart warm.....

It was 1986, I was at the Cineplex Odion movie theatre on Decarie street. I was 3 and a half with my best friend who was 6. We went to see some movie of something I never even heard of,

I was a little confused and lost but it was all set straight when this scene appeared.....

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/3/36/HotRodFishing1.jpg/200px-HotRodFishing1.jpg
"Fish are jumping today huh Danno?"

The rest was history.

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-18-2010, 09:18 PM
It will forever be burned into my mind and this image will forever make my heart warm.....

It was 1986, I was at the Cineplex Odion movie theatre on Decarie street. I was 3 and a half with my best friend who was 6. We went to see some movie of something I never even heard of,

I was a little confused and lost but it was all set straight when this scene appeared.....

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/thumb/3/36/HotRodFishing1.jpg/200px-HotRodFishing1.jpg

The rest was history.

Aww :D

Malwave
02-18-2010, 09:29 PM

The rest was history.

XD I can just imagine your response man;

"O_O....HE TALKING TO ME! :O"

Sun Swipe Prime
02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Favorite memory is when I got my first two transformers G1 Prowl and Wheeljack. I'd saved up $20 for a Prime, but they didn't have him, so I ended up with those two.

The feeling of getting those toys, the wonder and the and excitement, I still remember it, and in a lot of ways, I'm still chasing it. But I know it'll never be like that again. It's too bad. No matter how many transformers I open, it'll never be like those first two... sob sob.... I need a hanky...hahaha... sad, but true.

Malwave
02-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Favorite memory is when I got my first two transformers G1 Prowl and Wheeljack. I'd saved up $20 for a Prime, but they didn't have him, so I ended up with those two.

The feeling of getting those toys, the wonder and the and excitement, I still remember it, and in a lot of ways, I'm still chasing it. But I know it'll never be like that again. It's too bad. No matter how many transformers I open, it'll never be like those first two... sob sob.... I need a hanky...hahaha... sad, but true.

well man I'm sure if you somehow managed to find your 2 again, maybe you'd rekindle those feelings.

brr-icy
02-19-2010, 01:43 AM
a couple

first: playing with tfs at my babysitter's place when i was 4 or 5, and a couple years later i got all of them from them as a gift

getting another friends tfs that same year, i ended up with over 100 from them,

and my brother giving me his complete devastator and mindwipe one christmas that he had been showing off to me for years

FreedomGundam
02-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Mine's probably getting G1 Skylynx for X'mas from my parents the year he was out.
I mean, for back in the day, he was among one of the HUGE TFs that were available.

Funny, even to this day, my parents would look at my TF collection, and keep bringing up the Skylynx: "Back in the day, that year, when we got you that space shuttle Transformer, THAT was one good toy. Expensive too. It was $40! $40 might not seem like much, but 20 years ago, $40 went a long way."

renegade_decepticon
02-19-2010, 02:25 AM
i have two great memorys.

first watching when the 3rd season of beastwars coming out on ytv and seeing the new upgrade form of optimal optimus,showing off his awesome 4 modes! then i freaked out when i saw him laying on a self so i had to save up all my chore money to get him and I still have him to this day as my 1st ever TF figure. :D

second i was 11 at the time in 2001 and i always never missed an episode of robots in didisguise that was airing on foxkids (good old days) and i was so obsessed in getting optimus (fireconvoy) and ultra magnus because they cominbed in the show as omega prime and as a toy and i couldn't stop thinking about them so i was able to get them both as brithday gift, i still have them to in my collection along with armorhide.

Barberbot
02-19-2010, 03:05 AM
when I was a kid I was always super sick and at christmas time I was so sick my family didn't think I could take part in anything 'cause I was in bed but I did make it down stairs and open one gift, Optimus Prime!

the other one, Last year before my son could talk he would make a che, che, cha sound...the transforming sound!! made my wife mad....make me smile!

Malwave
02-19-2010, 03:14 AM
the other one, Last year before my son could talk he would make a che, che, cha sound...the transforming sound!! made my wife mad....make me smile!

Kidimus Prime, TRANSFORM!

that's just adorable actually :3

Prowl_2009
02-19-2010, 09:54 AM

LOL, awesome! :D Kids say the darndest things, don't they? :p

Malwave
02-19-2010, 12:12 PM
LOL, awesome! :D Kids say the darndest things, don't they? :p

I want my kids to do that X3

CBII
02-19-2010, 12:41 PM

My 6 1/2 month old daughter growls....I swear it sounds like Megatron...well in my mind it does. Doesn't help her name is Megan which I change to Megatron when she's grumpy.

Prowl_2009
02-19-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL, my wife refers to me as Grouchimus Prime when I am like that. :p

CBII
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
LOL, my wife refers to me as Grouchimus Prime when I am like that. :p

:D That's hilarious....got to remember that.

Sun Swipe Prime
02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
well man I'm sure if you somehow managed to find your 2 again, maybe you'd rekindle those feelings.

Well actually I still have the Prowl, but the Wheeljack got traded away. I still have a Wheeljack but it's not that first one. What I'm talking about is that feeling when you're a kid and you get your first transformers, you don't get that back, no matter how hard you try. I guess it's something you lose when you grow up. I get little tastes of it when I see G1 toys or get a toy that I really want, but it still doesn't beat the first time you get those toys, see the cartoon, or read the comic. It's like they say, you can't go home again.

Malwave
02-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Well actually I still have the Prowl, but the Wheeljack got traded away. I still have a Wheeljack but it's not that first one. What I'm talking about is that feeling when you're a kid and you get your first transformers, you don't get that back, no matter how hard you try. I guess it's something you lose when you grow up. I get little tastes of it when I see G1 toys or get a toy that I really want, but it still doesn't beat the first time you get those toys, see the cartoon, or read the comic. It's like they say, you can't go home again.

ahhh xD I got my first one during Cybertron so I never got to experience that feeling sadly ^^;

Robimus
02-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Every time GMFan tells me he'll hold me and everything will be alright..........Memories like that just don't go away..........:eek:

Autobot Hound
02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
i have too many TF memories!!! But the one i can remember off hand was the very first time i successfully transformed MP Megatron into gun mode!! I just had the japanese instructions and i refused to cheat with youtube.

It took me about half a night. I actually had to take breaks in between. But I swear i felt like i conquered the world!!! it was just such an awesome feeling. lolzzzz

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Every time GMFan tells me he'll hold me and everything will be alright..........Memories like that just don't go away..........:eek:

How's that a TF related memory?

Malwave
02-19-2010, 04:38 PM
GMfan runs a TF convention xD?

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-19-2010, 04:50 PM
GMfan runs a TF convention xD?

Well it's seems a bit obscure for a TF related memory.

Malwave
02-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Well it's seems a bit obscure for a TF related memory.

XD I coulda gone even more obscure and said "GMfan likes Transformers" XDDD

Akroyer
02-26-2010, 10:42 AM
For me I remember going to a friends house and seeing Omega Supreme for the first time, and he had the tracks with the tank and all. He was just huge compared to the other ones we had.

Another that comes to mind when the same friend used to bring Mirage to school when we were in elementary school. I never did get one of my own.

terrordrone
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
my favorite Transformer memory was when I asked for a Gift Receipt AFTER the Toys R US checkout lady gave me the usual transaction receipt.

Try it :cool:

Prowl_2009
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
For me I remember going to a friends house and seeing Omega Supreme for the first time, and he had the tracks with the tank and all. He was just huge compared to the other ones we had.

Another that comes to mind when the same friend used to bring Mirage to school when we were in elementary school. I never did get one of my own.

I never got an Omega or Mirage when I was growing up either. :rolleyes: