PDA

View Full Version : Botcon 2007 Boxset prices

max99d
02-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi All,

With the news that more seekers are coming and Thrust just being announced.

Do you think the Botcon 2007 boxsets will drop in price or stay at 1000.00 + range?

Personally, I have the 2007-2009 boxsets and I think this one is still the best looking set.

Sureshot22
02-15-2010, 11:44 AM
that depends on if the thrust and dirge they release will be the botcon versions (far superior imo to the henkei versions) or the henkei versions.

if its just the habro version of the henkei molds then the games of deception set should and probably will still be $1000 ish.

cause people want the botcon versions ALOT more then the henkei ones. ^^ like i said above. they are alot better IMO and many others, well thrust at least is, dirges new wings are kinda nice. just wish they didnt have the paint aps

pulsedragon20
02-15-2010, 12:03 PM
I think the boxsets would pretty much remain the same because Botcon figs are Botcon figs and mass released figs are mass release fig and usually never intersect

JLvatron
02-15-2010, 01:18 PM
What is the difference? Aint it all the same?

jourdo
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd agree that they will probably stay about the same. Botcon is Botcon and mass release is mass release.

QuadESL63
02-15-2010, 01:38 PM
What is the difference? Aint it all the same?

The Henkai Thrust is different from the BOTCON Thrust, and I believe the upcoming 'Universe 3.0' Thrust is based on the Henkei mold.

Echotransformer
02-15-2010, 09:59 PM
My guess is a minor drop in price, especially if Thundercracker and Dirge become mass releases.

Why? Certainly some people are looking for the entire set, the amazing box, the exclusivity, etc. etc.

But I would also guess a fair percentage of people are just looking to complete their Classicsverse seeker collection, and with the holes being filled with affordable mass releases and even the KOs--well I think the demand will drop.

At least the Botcon set will always be unique--the stubbier Thrust wings and Dirge repaint are just so cool. Only those that own the set or have seen it would really appreciate this!

--Echo

Sureshot22
02-15-2010, 10:02 PM
i have both the botcon seekers and the henkei ones and i MUCH prefer the botcon ones. IMO

Protoman
02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Here is how I see it.

First off, this set is more about demand of characters over the toys themselves. While they still have a high direct market value due to it being "a Botcon exclusive" it's moreso cause of those in demand of completing their seekers.

So what does that mean?

When Henkei gave us a chance to get some seekers with better wings, the price and demand for the Botcon set didn't drop much because even the Henkei imports were exclusives to their own Japanese stores and expensive on their own (almost that of a single boxset figure on ebay).

So how do we fix this. Well Thurst is going to be hitting retail here........ now if we somehow get Dirge and Thundercracker. I can promise those $1000+ ebay auctions of those sets will go waaaay down. Not below 400-500 but it won't be 4 digits anymore.

brr-icy
02-15-2010, 11:29 PM
i prefer the henkei molds, so i will be out of the running, and so will many others

Protoman
02-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Also so far, Hasbro has interest in the Henkei molds so that Botcon set?........ well then..

Evan
02-16-2010, 01:06 AM
I think Protoman is partially right, that interest and the price may drop due to the fact that it will be easier to get the characters to complete the seekers. However, if you find the right crowd to fight over the set, then you'll still get top dollar in an auction.

It's like, "Do I want an original G1 Prime, a reissue, or an Armada Prime?" Either way I get a Prime character, but I really want the G1 Prime. Just depends on how bad I want it, and how much I want to spend.

max99d
02-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Thank you all for the input.

I have a couple of bag sets and a couple of boxsets.

On the fence to sell them now for top dollar or hold on to theses sets for the long run .