PDA

View Full Version : Knight Morpher Commander gallery

jjwankenobi
02-05-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this yet but these look like images of the finalized KMC-01 by Mastermind Creations.

http://www.seibertron.com/misc/3rd-party-transformers-products/gallery.php?id=131

This is a fantastic looking product that makes me want to read all the issues of Hearts Of Steel then pool all my spare change to buy one of these when it comes out.

Richter
02-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Is it just me or do his colors look really screwy?
Black legs? Red wheels and cow catcher?

hugh_da_man
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
It looks freaking badass...I'll wait till it gets reviewed by someone but I think it just moved several spaces up my want list.

Uberman
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
What's this thing gonna cost?

Checking....

$85?!? Lord love a duck.

Team Jetfire
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Is it just me or do his colors look really screwy?
Black legs? Red wheels and cow catcher?

The legs are really just dark blue. The pics don't show up very well.

jjwankenobi
02-05-2010, 04:40 PM
What's this thing gonna cost?

Checking....

$85?!? Lord love a duck.

Perhaps the extra $$$ generated by KMC-01's high price tag will be dedicated to their legal fund in case HasTakTomy decides to sue them?

I'd like to say this is overpriced by my CC, PC and SC by FansProject keep screaming "Oh no you di'int!!!" in unison :rolleyes:...

Uberman
02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd prefer it if they licensed the design and marketed it themselves, at a proper, Voyager/Ultra price-point. It's a very slick-looking figure, and I'd be totally down with it. If... you know. I didn't have to sell any organs.

[I have cheap organs.]

Richter
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the high price comes from the low production numbers and limited facilities, like any other fan figure

venksta
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Wow, you guys actually think the price is too high? This is a freaking Ultra class figure. I'd say, they should be charging $150 at the least for him. This makes all of FansProject's stuff overpriced, in comparisson. Even Defender, who's about a deluxe class figure, is almost as much as KM Commander.

Uberman
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Wow, you guys actually think the price is too high? This is a freaking Ultra class figure. I'd say, they should be charging $150 at the least for him. This makes all of FansProject's stuff overpriced, in comparisson. Even Defender, who's about a deluxe class figure, is almost as much as KM Commander.

Now, I'm sure it's not 'overpriced' in the big picture, relatively.

I'm just cheap. I see Ultra, I think 30 or 40 bucks [and an annoying sound effect!].

I can easily see other, more financially comfortable people happily getting this guy [lord knows I would].

venksta
02-05-2010, 05:05 PM

I'm just cheap. I see Ultra, I think 30 or 40 bucks [and an annoying sound effect!].

I can easily see other, more financially comfortable people happily getting this guy [lord knows I would].

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your post. Yeah, it is expensive, and the price is going to turn some people off. I think this is where marketing toward a certain part of the TF fandom comes into action. :D

hugh_da_man
02-05-2010, 05:05 PM

I can easily see other, more financially comfortable people getting this guy [lord knows I would].

I understand somewhat but it's not just an ultra. It's the size of an ultra but fan made for only double the cost. It's the same price as City Commander and the same complexity (or more), I'd say it's fairly priced.

chroma23
02-05-2010, 05:12 PM
pass, looks a bit too blocky to me
________
FORD BOSS 302 ENGINE (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Boss_302_engine)

Pascal
02-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Looks fantastic. I hope they do Megatron next.

Richter
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Ya if they do a second one, I will snap this guy up. I only really follow lines that have a future

Mighty_Galvatron
02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
This is bad comedy.

Nocturn
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
^ when did Adam Sandler get here?

Nemesis Angel
02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Pricey figure. I'll wait a while to see if the price drops. Its a nice to have figure but the price is just a bit much. You guys say its an ultra? meaning the size of the figure is as big as the Beast Machines Jetstorm and nightscream? Sorry those were the only figures that came to mine that was Ultra sized.

Cheers Ian
02-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Looks F-ing Sweet!

I want to see some in hand reviews before I decide if I'm buying one or not. I would like to make sure that the quality is good and it's not a super fragile figure.

Cheers!
-Ian

venksta
02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Pricey figure. I'll wait a while to see if the price drops. Its a nice to have figure but the price is just a bit much. You guys say its an ultra? meaning the size of the figure is as big as the Beast Machines Jetstorm and nightscream? Sorry those were the only figures that came to mine that was Ultra sized.

Well, the entire figure itself, if sold by Hasbro, would be as an Ultra class. The main figure itself is a Voyager, and similar in height as Classics Optimus. Then you have the trailer/base, with a couple different ways to set it up.

jjwankenobi
02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow, you guys actually think the price is too high? This is a freaking Ultra class figure.

I can't access the pics from work now (Damn you, Corporate Firewall!!!) but I recall one of the pics had KMC-01 posed with Henkei Convoy. Wouldn't that make this a Voyager Class figure or is it Ultra with the train car/cab?

Either way, I say it's pricey but worth it IMO.

Blurrz
02-06-2010, 04:33 PM
Mastermind Creations sent a KMC to one our staff... we'll give a little review soon!

venksta
02-06-2010, 04:35 PM
I can't access the pics from work now (Damn you, Corporate Firewall!!!) but I recall one of the pics had KMC-01 posed with Henkei Convoy. Wouldn't that make this a Voyager Class figure or is it Ultra with the train car/cab?

Either way, I say it's pricey but worth it IMO.

Yeah, as a whole product, its a Ultra Class. But the main robot figure itself is Voyager size.

courtdevil
02-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Allow me to make a little bit comment here on its overprice.
As we know Hasbro has an enormous network to distribute their product, that is why we can see their SW, TF or Joe everywhere on this planet. Usually a mould of Optimus Prime can be sold up to 500,00 pcs or even more, this volume makes the cost of tooling easily absorbed. Tooling is a very complicated and expensive process in the plastic manufacture. Rumous has it that Hasbro's overseas vendors even have to suck up the tooling cost in order to survive.

So it is very easy to understand that, for a product that can never see its wide release, like most of the products made by fan companies, it has to be priced much higher for profitting.

I just hope someday Hasbro will offer MMC a reasonable price and get this train licensed so we can go Wal-Mart and pick up one autobot emblemized.

Blurrz
02-11-2010, 04:14 AM
Review is up;

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/exclusive-review-of-km01-knight-morpher-commander/17844/

Pascal
02-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Looks very cool to me, dunno why the reviewer seems to think it's only average.

Richter
02-11-2010, 05:45 PM
I love the stovepipes as optimus' 'horns'

Pascal are you getting the toy version? I'd like to know if the loose joints are fixed on the non-kit

I will buy him if they make a 2nd in the series (megatron or shockwave as an ironclad). They say that he is 'comic accurate', but prime never appeared in hearts of steel did he?

Richter
02-11-2010, 05:49 PM
And man that wonderfest nemesis prime keeps poping up! Me want!

Pascal
02-11-2010, 06:12 PM
Pascal are you getting the toy version?

Yes, from Automaton. The kit I have (and that I gave up assembling for now) has nothing to do with the toy version though, completely different designs and detailing.

CobraCommander
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I like.

Blurrz
02-12-2010, 04:13 AM
I love the stovepipes as optimus' 'horns'

Pascal are you getting the toy version? I'd like to know if the loose joints are fixed on the non-kit

I will buy him if they make a 2nd in the series (megatron or shockwave as an ironclad). They say that he is 'comic accurate', but prime never appeared in hearts of steel did he?

If they make HoS Soundwave, I think I'm going to melt.

courtdevil
02-15-2010, 01:11 AM
If they make HoS Soundwave, I think I'm going to melt.

Soundwave? I think you mean Shockwave.

Slave
02-15-2010, 02:21 PM
HoS Megatron next... I wish... oh and BB... and SS... and Shockwave... man I want the whole serie...

Got MMC preordered for over a year... cant wait to get it :-)

Pascal
02-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Isn't Shockwave an awesome steamboat in HOS?