PDA

View Full Version : Wal Mart Canada Rolls Back Star Wars Transformers

Code of Honor
02-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Wal Mart stores have lowered the price on the Star Wars Transformers toyline from $19.92 to $12.92.
Thanks to jacobot for posting.

onecoin
02-03-2010, 01:38 AM
That's cheaper than 3500 yen.

UltraPrimal
02-03-2010, 01:52 AM
Just the Star Wars crossovers? Not the Marvel ones too? Darn, I might pick up a Marvel TF, but don't really care about the Star Wars ones.

Network
02-03-2010, 10:05 AM
i picked up the magna droid and clone commander rex. the magna droid is pretty neat. but rex leaves much to be desired. his legs won't stay on at mid thigh. at least his alt mode is pretty cool.

Pascal
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't find the new molds that exciting... I'd like them to release something cool like the Death Star or the Millenium Falcon combiner. We're overdue.

Team Jetfire
02-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Hmmm...not a bad deal for some of these. Hopfully the Battle droid will hit canada soon...

Uberman
02-10-2010, 06:28 PM
I've decided that Crossovers, especially the Star Wars ones, are the crystal meth of Plastic Crack addiction. When you reallllly need a hit, they're fast and cheap and instantly gratifying, with a really quick crash leading to inevitable depression and self-loathing.

jourdo
02-10-2010, 07:09 PM
I've decided that Crossovers, especially the Star Wars ones, are the crystal meth of Plastic Crack addiction. When you reallllly need a hit, they're fast and cheap and instantly gratifying, with a really quick crash leading to inevitable depression and self-loathing.

Very accurate description. I still feel dirty for buying that Darth Vader way back when.

CBII
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM

Couldn't agree more. I like the line....just don't want to get bogged down with it.

I've been good so far. Only bought the Vader. However I've picked them up and put them back like a dozen times.

Robimus
02-17-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm still thinking about the Magna Guard. It's the only one I'm considering right now.

CBII
02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I'm still thinking about the Magna Guard. It's the only one I'm considering right now.

Most of the Walmarts I've been to are sold out.

I have one near work that has 4 left.

I'm very tempted to grab one or 2...it's a slow walmart so I'm not in a hurry.

Uberman
02-18-2010, 12:57 PM
The Crossovers are just really janky. They feel cheap and their engineering is for crud. But their alt modes, if you're a Star Wars nerd, are generally quite wonderful.

That said, Magna Guard's actually a pretty fun figure, because he has the expected good alt mode, and a solid [which is extremely rare] robot mode. I decided he's a movie-verse Sweep. I dunno why, I just did. I've also got the Tie Fighter Vader [good enough, but weirdly proportioned], the original Boba Fett , the Tie Bomber [[I]almost a respectable robot, if not for the arm wings and the terrible legs], and, the top toy on my "Why did I buy this" list, the V-Whatever Torrent Clone Pilot. The robot is horrendous, and, worst of the worst, the alt mode is bad because you can't do anything with it and it refuses to stay together.

Star Wars Crossovers are at best only half a toy, and that one doesn't even do the little it's expected to do.

chovner
02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I've got the Luke Skywalker Tie Fighter, Vader Advances Tie Fighter from years ago, and the big Vader Death Star. I've only opened the Death Star because it kicks ass. the other 2 look good in the package and i have no real want to open them, for some off reason.

CBII
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
The few figures still left at Capilano Walmart are calling my name....I need a fix damn it.

Uberman
02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Buy them all!! Sweeps, man. Sweeps.