PDA

View Full Version : g1 nosecone rubsign?

signofzeta
01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Does anybody know where nosecone's rubsign is?

I got mine off ebay, and mine does not have a rubsign. There isn't an indentation where the rubsign should be. Mine says Takara 1987, or Hasbro 1987. Does this mean that mine is fake? The other technobots I have seem to have rubsigns, except nosecone.

I saw a video of someone else's nosecone, his has a rubsign where the drill is, except that on mine, there is a square outline where the rubsign should be, except mine does not have the rubsign, and the square area is molded differently so that a rubsign can't fit onto there.

My nosecone figure looks like this:

I can't find an image, but instead of the rubsign, there are 2 molded bumps where the rubsign sticker should be.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=390113786951

Malwave
01-30-2010, 12:55 AM
umm...is it missing or you aren't sure where it's located?

signofzeta
01-30-2010, 01:05 AM
It is supposed to be on the drill, but on mine, there is no place for a rubsign sticker to be placed. In its place are 2 molded bumps.

I think there are variations of the technobots that don't have rubsigns, but it is kind of lame for me to have 4 of them with rubsigns, and one of them without. I guess it is like me buying from the store nosecone that does not have rubsigns, and the other 4 with rubsigns. No difference I guess.

Malwave
01-30-2010, 01:06 AM
link doesn't work man, but if yer looking for any sort of rub sign check Reprolabels.com

trust me, they have good quality ^^

Sun Swipe Prime
01-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Well here's a link to some picks... according to the page there is a variation of nose cone that has no rubsign area. It's suposed to be on top of the drill.

http://www.tfu.info/1987/Autobot/Nosecone/nosecone.htm

Batman
01-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Man I miss that toy, I miss all the Technobots.

Shepp
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I had a vintage one a long time ago, and it had the indent for the rub-sign, but never came with one.