PDA

View Full Version : Leonard Nimoy to Attend Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo

Code of Honor
01-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Leonard Nimoy voice of Gavlatron from the 1986 G1 Transformers movie will be making an appearance (along with Tony Todd voice of The Fallen (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=20513)) at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo taking place April 24th - 25th

Thanks to grifter Prime for letting us know.

grifter Prime
01-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Get your Galvatron ready for a signing frenzy (no TF pun intended)!!!!! Leonard Nimoy of the G1 Transformers movie will be making an appearance at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment expo April 24-25!! As reported earlier Tony Todd will be there too, however, this is Spock/Galvatron! Get your Figures, G1 box or movie signed by the Movie/Season 3 bad boy himself!!
http://www.calgaryexpo.com/

Mumps
01-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I am gonna get him to sign my re-issue Galvatron, and my G1 movie Blu-ray :D *is gonna be one of the only people in the Nimoy line not wearing Vulcan ears* >.>

Not to mention, probably the whole town of Vulcan, AB will show up for this event! O_O

JLvatron
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Although I prefer Frank Welker's crazy Galvatron, Nimoy did a great job as sane Galvatron.

Say Hi from all us Galvatron fans!! :)

Prowl_2009
01-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Cool! Wouldn't mind getting him to sign my copy of Transformers: The Movie on DVD. :D Ah well, enjoy everyone and watch out for them Trekkies! :D

Mumps
01-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Cool! Wouldn't mind getting him to sign my copy of Transformers: The Movie on DVD. :D Ah well, enjoy everyone and watch out for them Trekkies! :D
Don't worry, I've had my fair share of experiences walking among the Trekkies. I survived those encounters, I should be able to fend off this crowd. And if anything happens, there'll be enough Star Wars nerds in the area that I can just yell something like "DARTH VADER IS A WIMP!" and run from the chaos as everybody with a brown robe and plastic lightsaber starts beating on anybody with pointy ears, or a crinkly forehead. ;)

You know work sucks when stuff like that is running through your mind.. haha :D

Mighty_Galvatron
01-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Although I prefer Frank Welker's crazy Galvatron, Nimoy did a great job as sane Galvatron.

Say Hi from all us Galvatron fans!! :)

Seconded. On both counts.

jjwankenobi
01-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Maybe I'll make a special trip to Calgary to finally ask Spock Prime why he has never bothered to get better dentures that don't sound loose whenever he speaks...

Richter
01-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Nimoy is going to be at Emerald City ComicCon as well, so those in BC who want some autographs can just come to seattle!

Phy
01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
And don't forget, Brent "I portrayed a space robot from another planet too, guys" Spiner is there as well.

Protoman
01-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh boy.... how much is he charging THIS time?...

Robimus
01-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Nimoy is everywhere :)

Terminal Hipster
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Wasn't there alrady a thread on this?

Regardless. I am stoked for this, and very much going. :)

JLvatron
01-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Seconded. On both counts.

Thanks.
And your sig pic is the best on cybertron.ca!!! :)
Completely awesome!!

JSon
01-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Oh boy.... how much is he charging THIS time?...

LOL as soon as I heard this I thought about that Canadian Slag episode where Protoman shares his er.... experience

Mumps
01-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Well, his Photo Op session is $65, which is MUCH more expensive than any of the others... If his Autograph is too expensive, then... I'll pass, and save room on my Blu-Ray for if I ever meet Cullen or Welker or any of the other cast :D

BadJeff
01-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Last i heard he was asking about $100 a pop for his sig.

Mumps
01-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Well, if thats the case, I am gonna pass. Does he need money that badly? Or is it just cause he knows the line will be full regardless?

Aernaroth
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, if thats the case, I am gonna pass. Does he need money that badly? Or is it just cause he knows the line will be full regardless?

Probably the latter. Its also possible that it could have something to do with the arrangement made with the convention, wherein he simply takes a flat appearance fee and\or a part of each autograph fee. Its entirely possible the autograph fees go towards recouping the fees involved in getting him there, though its also just as likely he pockets the cash.

JLvatron
01-29-2010, 05:10 PM

[-]
, though its also just as likely he pockets the cash.

Guess Galvatron's greed for everything rubbed off on him.;)

BadJeff
01-29-2010, 06:56 PM
(i think..) i've heard he does it because too many people over the years simply take whatever he's signed and put it up on ebay the same day. Could be wrong though..

JLvatron
01-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Heh, if he charges that much for the autograph, perhaps eBay really IS cheaper!! :)

Mumps
01-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Well, if you are willing to pay crap loads of money on Ebay for somebody's autograph, go for it. My personal opinion is, and autograph is worthless unless you were there face to face with the person when he signed it. An exception to this would be my RoTF Blu-ray signed by Bay. That one is just plain awesome, because all profits went to the Make a Wish foundation.

BadJeff
01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, i'd take a handshake over an autograph myself.

Protoman
01-30-2010, 02:38 PM
At Fan Expo it was $65 bucks for an Autograph, no pictures with him during the autograph session and afterwards a Fan Expo rep asked people to stop taking photos of him all together. His photo op session was $65 bucks also and it's rather cut and dry, one shot and then get the hell out of my face.

Also his line at Fan Expo was..... needless to say, the longest in the whole show, the biggest I have seen. So he makes enough money.

Robimus
01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
(i think..) i've heard he does it because too many people over the years simply take whatever he's signed and put it up on ebay the same day. Could be wrong though..

A lot of celebrities I've talked to feel this way. Thus the fees.