PDA

View Full Version : Buster Optimus QC Problems

Richter
01-28-2010, 04:05 AM
I received my Buster Prime/Jetfire 2pack from robotkingdom the other day, and I finally got around to opening Optimus today, and I noticed that he is missing his passenger side headlight lense:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/drane100/IMG_1949.jpg

Has anyone else run into this? I emailed robotkingdom to see if they could send me a replacement lense, otherwise I guess I'm buying a junker hasbro prime for another lense :(

Beechy
01-28-2010, 04:52 AM
It's like losing a contact....

evil_ivotron
01-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Wow that sucks. All that money and it's still not perfect. That's why i'm affrad to open mp 01b and my buster prime.

Unicrons_Domain
01-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Now that sucks! Thanks for the heads up!

I just checked my buster prime (single version with no face mask) to confirm that everything was there, and it was! :)

You may want to contact robot kingdom to find out what can be done. But that's just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Pascal
01-28-2010, 09:01 AM
ROTF Battle damage Leader Buster Optimus Prime Faceplate Edition! The super unethical solution would be to buy a Prime at your local store, take the part you need and return it pretending it was missing a part right out of the box. Can you live with that? :)

Scrapper6
01-28-2010, 10:09 AM
ROTF Battle damage Leader Buster Optimus Prime Faceplate Edition! The super unethical solution would be to buy a Prime at your local store, take the part you need and return it pretending it was missing a part right out of the box. Can you live with that? :)

Would they match though? I mean we're talking about taking a Hasbro part and putting it on a Takara figure, chances are the lenses might not match up plastic consistency and colour wise.

Batman
01-28-2010, 03:21 PM

Would they match though? I mean we're talking about taking a Hasbro part and putting it on a Takara figure, chances are the lenses might not match up plastic consistency and colour wise.

Yeah, they are the same. Looks like it is just glued in. You could probably pop it out with a screw driver.

Richter
01-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Hrm
I have a hasbro prime too, but I don't really want to have one missing a lens.

I emailed robotkingdom last night so hopefully they can send me a lens from a junker if they have any lying around.

Batman
02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Got my two pack Buster Prime today and guess what.................?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/bustajesse/IMG_4593.jpg

He has two left feet !!!!!!! WTF?

Does anyone have one with two right feet?

If so lets trade.

Pascal
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Ewww.... where did you get it?

JaySmith
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow! Seeing these issues has definitely made me consider putting off ordering this for the time being.

dak
02-03-2010, 04:36 PM
that's nuts! So far I haven't found any issues with my set.... I hope you get that one resolved.

Richter
02-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Ugh! The two right feet issue is terrible!

MrCHEESEMANn
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
WOW!... that.... is..... brutal.....can't even transform it!? ....just wow.............

Got my two pack Buster Prime today and guess what.................?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/bustajesse/IMG_4593.jpg

He has two left feet !!!!!!! WTF?

Does anyone have one with two right feet?

If so lets trade.

blitz
02-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Damn that sucks!

I went and opened mine today to check for the above QC issues and I'm okay (pheww) but I haven't transformed him or checked for anything else yet except for a little gash on the front chest window. :(

What is with TakaraTomys QC issues. It seems like there are more poping up lately or has it always been like this.

Batman
02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u147/bustajesse/IMG_4594.jpg

I am going to put an ad on Craigslist.

Left foot desperately seeking the "right" foot :(

Pascal
02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
That's sad. Such a great figure ruined so badly. Try asking BBTS for spare parts a couple months from now. My MP-05 Megatron was missing the entire back assembly when I got it but I've been able to buy it from them once they got some junkers.

jackalprime
02-04-2010, 10:24 AM
wow these problems are insane. I can get the light lens issue, thats probably a case of it not being glued in properly and coming out during packing. But I can give no such lenience for the two feet being identical. theres no excuse for that, especially for an expensive set.

Batman
02-04-2010, 10:44 AM
That's sad. Such a great figure ruined so badly. Try asking BBTS for spare parts a couple months from now. My MP-05 Megatron was missing the entire back assembly when I got it but I've been able to buy it from them once they got some junkers.

Thanks that is good advice :)

wow these problems are insane. I can get the light lens issue, thats probably a case of it not being glued in properly and coming out during packing. But I can give no such lenience for the two feet being identical. theres no excuse for that, especially for an expensive set.

I completely agree. It is one thing on a standard release deluxe, but for an expensive box set of leader figures, I would expect a little more.

BTW, did you ever here back about a replacement head light for you Prime Richter?

Echotransformer
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Are we sure that Takara customer service wouldn't address this? Or are fans like us SOL because we imported the item...

Batman
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Are we sure that Takara customer service wouldn't address this? Or are fans like us SOL because we imported the item...

I don't know how to contact Takara Tomy. Everything on their website is in Japanese. Has anyone ever successfully contacted them to get a replacement in these parts?