PDA

View Full Version : FansProject Protector Armor-$$$???

jjwankenobi
01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
March is just around the corner and hopefully that means my MOSC Classics Rodimus will soon be liberated from his twist tie crypt to slip into something more Prime-y.

What does everyone think the price point for this hotly anticipated aftermarket item will be? It's for a deluxe-sized figure so I'm hoping it won't be $80+ like the CC/SC/PC/DIA-C sets, but I remember hearing they are tweaking the design for more play value which could mean they're adding extra weapons, parts...who knows.

For those of you Luddites who've been living in caves this is what I'm talking about:

http://www.fansproject.com/?p=344

Pascal
01-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I don't think it's going to be released anytime soon, it's not even available for preorder yet...

jjwankenobi
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
I don't think it's going to be released anytime soon, it's not even available for preorder yet...

Are you trying to make me cry, Pascal?

Sun Swipe Prime
01-19-2010, 07:14 PM
When ever it's going to be released, it won't be cheap. I'm betting on the $100 ball park, give or take $20. It'll probably get released just before the bruticus add on, but don't hold your breath for it.

Bruticus82
01-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm guessing $70-$80.

Excellent use of the word Luddites, you get a gold star for that.

jjwankenobi
01-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Gee, thanks.

While most people were hooked on drugs my parents were hooked on grammar ;).

Dragon Knight
01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Considering it's meant to be for a deluxe, I'm hoping it's gonna be in the 50-60 range.

jourdo
01-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm expecting between $70 and $80. I have no reasoning for that, but it seems somewhat reasonable.

hugh_da_man
01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm assuming it'll be at least $100 since the redeco posibilities are low and it seems as complex as city commander. I can imagine a classics and henkei variety but a black redeco probably won't sell extremely well so I'm not sure if it would even be made.

However, they seem to aim to get the trailer sets in around the $80-90 mark so maybe they'll do that with the protector set as well.

chans formers
01-19-2010, 08:46 PM
i call $120.00,plus tax,then shipping.....:(

venksta
01-19-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm going to assume it will be about $65 US, $70 US tops. Just my guess.

Matrix_Holder
01-19-2010, 09:02 PM

I'm with you Venksta, That seems like a logical price range for a deluxe class add on. i can't wait. going to pre order as soon as its available. up to $80 before shipping that is.

jjwankenobi
01-19-2010, 09:05 PM

Is that an educated or a well-informed guess, Venksta ;)?

venksta
01-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Is that an educated or a well-informed guess, Venksta ;)?

Nah, just my guess. Since City Commander was for a Voyager figure, then I think guessing $10 less for Protector should give a better idea for the price, unless they give it a stealth mode or something, haha.

Janitor
01-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm guessing $70-$80.

I'm expecting between $70 and $80. I have no reasoning for that, but it seems somewhat reasonable.

Sounds about right, would be my estimate as well. Release-date wise, it'll probably be quite some seeing as how we only recently got a slew of info on Warbot Defender *cough*Springer*cough* which, based on various pre-orders has a expected date of April (and we all know how reliable those are).

Besides, FP has the Bruticus upgrade in the pipeline with "Explorer"/Blast Off. So after that they can focus on Rodimus, along with the inevitable Wildrider/Shattered glass Armor ('Menasor'?). Meh, gives me more time to search for another Classics Rodimus or the Henkei at least

racerguy76
01-20-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna say $200, that way when it's much cheaper than I thought, I won't have a problem dishing out the cash.

Pascal
01-20-2010, 12:53 AM
i call $120.00,plus tax,then shipping.....:(

Plus customs, plus brokerage fees, plus a ransom for the mailman who will hold it hostage when he realizes what he's going to deliver you. :D

pulsedragon20
01-20-2010, 01:14 AM
should cost about as much as the G3 Trailer or a little less

Protoman
01-20-2010, 02:59 AM
http://www.patientpowernow.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/waiting.gif

I am thinking $110+ for sure.

blitz
01-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Its gonna be a $200 TFCon exclusive which means its actually gonna be $500.;):eek::D:p:mad:

Richter
01-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Henkei wildrider says, 'they BETTER make a menasaur version!'

venksta
01-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Besides, FP has the Bruticus upgrade in the pipeline with "Explorer"/Blast Off. So after that they can focus on Rodimus, along with the inevitable Wildrider/Shattered glass Armor ('Menasor'?). Meh, gives me more time to search for another Classics Rodimus or the Henkei at least

Bruticus is being made by the A3/Crossfire designer. Protector is by the City Commander designer.

Richter
01-20-2010, 04:48 AM
So they are being worked on in parallel? Whi si in charge of warbot?

venksta
01-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Should of added, the CC designer is also working on Defender. So thats why Protector got pushed back, as they want him out first. I think the reason they announced Protector first was so they could call shotgun, lol.

Richter
01-20-2010, 06:36 AM
I hope they know how much hype is surrounding the protector armor set. If they truly knew how many they would sell, it would never be cancelled :)

Rogue_Optimus
01-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Its gonna be a $200 TFCon exclusive which means its actually gonna be $500.;):eek::D:p:mad:

Until they release an Asia exclusive a week later
(Still a bit bitter over that but love their products)

venksta
01-20-2010, 08:46 AM
I hope they know how much hype is surrounding the protector armor set. If they truly knew how many they would sell, it would never be cancelled :)

Well, Protector has been in the works before City Commander came out. So they know how much fans want it. Though, I think delaying it now was a huge mistake. With Classics 3.0, Hasbro could come in and give us a cheaper, full figure of Rodimus Prime, as a voyager or ultra. That would hurt FP's Protector kit in terms of sales.

Tekkamanraiden
01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Well, Protector has been in the works before City Commander came out. So they know how much fans want it. Though, I think delaying it now was a huge mistake. With Classics 3.0, Hasbro could come in and give us a cheaper, full figure of Rodimus Prime, as a voyager or ultra. That would hurt FP's Protector kit in terms of sales.

I doubt that Hasbro will release Rodimus Prime as they seem content to reuse a lot of energon and armada molds. Helll they didn't even release a proper Ultra Magnus, just a white Optimus Prime.

jjwankenobi
01-20-2010, 03:01 PM
With Classics 3.0, Hasbro could come in and give us a cheaper, full figure of Rodimus Prime, as a voyager or ultra. That would hurt FP's Protector kit in terms of sales.

I'd still drop my coin on Protector nonetheless. There's something about robots wearing armor that appeals to me....hmmm, that's a statement that can be misconstrued to be a strange fetish :eek:.

QuadESL63
01-20-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't think it will be under $60US... it will be around $80~90 IMHO but my guess is as good as yours :p

jjwankenobi
01-21-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm on a Soundwave kick right now which has its pros and cons.

Pros: Soundwave is a beloved character that I've grown to appreciate in my later years as a TF collector. Thanks to fellow board member Richter I was able to acquire a TRU G1 Soundwave reissue which has rekindled my love for the Original Auto-Tuned One. My G1 Megatron now has an ally (allies, if you count Ravage and Laserbeak) against my G1 Optimus Prime and Bumblebee

Cons: I'm seriously considering spending the money I've been saving to buy the FansProject Protector armor for Rodimus Prime on a Spark Blue Music Label Soundwave that I've found for $50CAD, tax included.

Do I have a head full of mercury? Should I be patient and wait it out, or should I take advantage of this good deal? Is it a good deal? Do I also sell my MOSC Classics Rodimus and settle with my Reprolabelled loose Rodimus too?

My main collecting focus is Henkei/Classics/Universe Classics 2.0 and Classics Rodimus dressed up as Rodimus Prime would be a great addition, but so would ML Soundwave...wouldn't he? He's in scale with Henkei Megatron and the rest of the Seekers, right?

Only one toy shall stand and one must fall, right? Or do I buy both???

jjwankenobi
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Anyone have any insight to share regarding my dilemna?

ML Soundwave or FP Protector Armour???

Sun Swipe Prime
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
buy them both... I'm betting you'll have 3-6 months to save up for protector. If you can only get one.. ask yourself if the house was on fire (knock on wood) which would you save if you could only save one and you'll have your answer.

Richter
01-22-2010, 07:24 PM
My reply got deleted :(

I'd say ML soundwave kinda sucks. He's a lot smaller than G1 soundwave, he feels flimsy and fragile, doesn't hold any tapes and all in all, isn't that great. I got him for $35 from automaton when they had him on sale and I honestly wouldn't spend more than that on him.