PDA

View Full Version : qc issues with mp black prime

miasboytoy
01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
anyone else have this problem? i bought one on boxing day from urban smaurai / ages three and up and just decided to open it now. to my dismay, it is missing the grey piece that is on the back of his right foot. also there is a deep scratch on this right shoulder (the shoulder without the autobot emblem). seems like the right side of my mp prime is gimped...... anyone else have issues with theirs? i called the store (spencer picked up) and have to wait till boris gets in the afternoon to get an answer if i can do a trade in or just get the part i need. here are some pix.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb72/mia604/IMG_5157.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb72/mia604/IMG_5159.jpg

Dark Rage
01-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey, 'can't see the scratch on the second pic.

miasboytoy
01-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey, 'can't see the scratch on the second pic.

bottom left of the top shoulder, 10 cm long in the picture. its deep.

Dark Rage
01-14-2010, 05:39 PM
The flash is overwhelming, if you draw a circle around it on photobucket, that might help.

Btw, we'll do that trade you proposed, I'll msg you later tonight.

Omega Supreme
01-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Regarding the right shoulder, I see one tiny / scratch on the top right and one longer \ on the bottom left (that I can barely make out because of the glare).

If there's another scratch, the glare might be masking it.

But those two I mentioned are part of the mold.
My Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime and Takara MP Ultra Magnus have both.

They don't appear very deep on mine, though.
Might be bigger on yours because of how often that mold's been used. I don't have a Black version to compare.

The other missing piece sucks, though.

(If it makes you feel any better, my MP Megatron came with a huge crack down the barrel of the fusion cannon.)

chans formers
01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
let me check for you,i may have an extra of the "strut" piece you're missing on a junker mp-01.is it the same colored plastic grey as the mp convoy?or darker?(i didn't bother picking up this black version,gotta be picky now:rolleyes:)

OneShallFall
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
let me check for you,i may have an extra of the "strut" piece you're missing on a junker mp-01.is it the same colored plastic grey as the mp convoy?or darker?(i didn't bother picking up this black version,gotta be picky now:rolleyes:)

YOU HAVE A JUNKER MASTERPIECE?? :o

<----is so behind the times he doesnt have a nice one LMAO

miasboytoy
01-14-2010, 07:59 PM

hopefully they give me a replacement piece or just replace the figure. i know jays clocks and i think automaton did that for someone on here. if not then ill need your help with that piece =o) .

Tech Spec
01-14-2010, 08:11 PM
That happened with my MP Ultra Magnus, missing the strut in the back as well. If anyone has a spare.... :D

Darth Wave
01-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Send it over to F_R to do a custom on it now. These no hope for that figure... it was doomed from the moment you picked it up. Man I wish I had stopped you that day when we picked it up.

miasboytoy
01-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Send it over to F_R to do a custom on it now. These no hope for that figure... it was doomed from the moment you picked it up. Man I wish I had stopped you that day when we picked it up.

i wish that i hadnt bought it either!!! impulse buys are never good!

Jefro
01-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Regarding the right shoulder, I see one tiny / scratch on the top right and one longer \ on the bottom left (that I can barely make out because of the glare).

If there's another scratch, the glare might be masking it.

But those two I mentioned are part of the mold.
My Hasbro 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime and Takara MP Ultra Magnus have both.

I can verify this on my 20th Anniversary Prime as well. But I will add he is the battle damage variant etc... and I believe the scratches/marks on his right shoulder are for that battle damage theme etc...

Richter
01-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I looked at my MP black prime. I have the same deep scratch on that sholder. As does my magnus and MP-04. Seems to be part of the mold. The QC is a little bad on the black prime though. Mine has a lot of flash, and it has been removed in places VERY poorly, to the point that there are some fairly large gouges at certain points where two edges come together.

I'd say the missing piston on the back of the leg is grounds enough for a return at urban samurai. Be patient, and offer to buy something else at the same time... ie. i'm calling to order this.. and by the way, my black prime I got from you...

miasboytoy
01-14-2010, 10:42 PM
i called up boris and he said he'd do a switch for me. heading there now. his customer service is pretty good =). will update when i get back.

Protoman
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Wow, I thought it was just a few single cases on TFW and Allspark but it seems that all of them have this problem. Mine is still on it's way for TFsource (Ughhhhhh) and now I fear the worst.

agesthreeandup
01-15-2010, 12:22 AM

Hi,

Just swapped the MP01b I was saving for myself at the store with the one misaboytoy had defective. I'd be interested in your spare strut piece if you still got it.

Might as well try to make my display piece look complete :)

miasboytoy
01-15-2010, 05:54 AM
got my black prime switched up! thanks again boris. takara seems to be turning into hasbro in a sense of bad paint applications nowadays? just looking over the new one i have and i noticed the white on the autobot logo wasnt painted properly showing spots of black and the grey in some areas have scratches.