PDA

View Full Version : Your tf shopping experience

kidkid
05-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Has anyone ever get ripe off or scam buying tf online/retail. If yes, what happened? Where did you get your stuff from? Share your experience, so we won't make the same mistake again.

Vader
05-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I have over 100 transactions on ebay and the internet (both buy and sell) and have been very lucky so far. No ripe off or scam here. Just be careful...if the deal smell fishy walk away from it. If you are buying, use your credit card or Paypal with credit card. That way you can always call your credit card company and reverse the charge if something goes wrong.

Mega_Zarak
05-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I had one bad experience as a seller and one as a buyer.
As a seller I sold 5 tech specs for 10$US to a guy from USA with 100% feedback. I shipped the items by air mail letter post because it was the cheaper method. The problem is that there's not a tracking number or insurance. A few weeks later the buyer filed a claim with Paypal for a item never received. I had no way of winning, so I gave the money back to the buyer. I'm glad it was only 10$.
You have to be careful , if you're sending anything to anywhere in the world without a tracking number you're taking high risks because you have zero protection with Paypal.

Team Jetfire
05-27-2007, 03:20 AM
I won an ebay auction for Alt Shockblast...I paid and it never came. Never heard from him, never figured out what happened....I still haven't found one....

darthrage
05-27-2007, 05:39 AM
My TF shopping experience at TRU and toy hunting at various shops and department stores has been quite positive throughout. :)

Its been fun to find stuff that I like almost every time that I visit a TRU

Autovolt 127
05-27-2007, 06:55 AM
No Not Yet!

jourdo
05-27-2007, 11:34 AM
From the actual online stores, I've never had an issue with getting what I paid for.

On eBay (TF related), I had one guy not send some comics I had paid for. After some fighting and reporting him for mail fraud... I got my cash back.

I've learned that everything needs to either be insured or have some form of tracking number.

Shepp
05-27-2007, 10:03 PM
well, i've been ripped off through action-hq, with items going missing while in transit.

i've also been ripped off on ebay once, where the seller never even sent the item, communication was sketchy at best, and then just when i was going to leave him bad feedback, he was no longer a member. this was also someone who had no negative feedback over like 5 years, and then all of a sudden he was screwing everyone over. more than lilely something became compromised on his end.

the only other time i've been screwed was selling to someone on the previous board before last year's con. i shipped early, and payment never showed up. then no communication afterwards.

yes, i get everything with some kind of tracking now, and wait until full payment before shipping anything out.